Newbie 2068 | Lofi Beats to Play Mafia To | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:28 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

like heck everytime vfp comes into play -- james gets distracted.

for example that interation wit me and vfp where we was talking bout me on how i scumread half of the game -- instead of answering the questions geninuely, james seems to ignore it and disappears everytime gets pressured. this occures mutliple times throughout the game -- and i give guiding points if u wnat
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:29 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 633, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 571, GrandpaMo wrote:u think t3 is possible more liable to be my scumpartner than val?

t3 the person who i scumread?

Yes, I do think t3 is more liable than Val to be your scumpartner because of x.
No, I do not think T3 is more liable than Val to be your scumpartner because of x.

do you think i would bus as scum here?

Yes, I would think you bus here because of x..
No, I would think you don't here because of x.
@James, this is one that I couldn't find an answer for and I would be curious about when you get to it!
Yes t3 who you scumread. One of half of the game which you "scumread".
First Part
Yes
In post 337, JamesTheNames wrote:If I had to say at gun point, probably Val89 or TF3, considering the really unnatural pocketing you did, it also doesn't have to be for reasons of: "let me pocket you so we can hammer James". It could just be used for later on. Regarding you're 219, surely the opposite is true also? Just because they agree with you doesn't make them town, even more reason which you've provided yourself as to how nonsense your early town cred giving to Val89 was. That's the only interaction I've seen including you which could harbour a scum pair. I don't get why you'd actually pocket a scum team though, or assign town cred to a scum partner over something like that. For TF3, 288 makes 0 sense to me, there is no chance this game is exactly the same as the previous one you were in, you had your points and opinions then you discredited them really randomly.
Ergo probably T3.

Second Part
Yes
In post 491, JamesTheNames wrote:I think it was intended as a back up because you were confident you could get me hammered.

The first part has been answered. Post:
The second part has been answered. Post:
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:30 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 648, GrandpaMo wrote:yeai was showing u how they have been deflecting etc
Right, yeah, that's why I requoted it and flagged it as a "please be sure to answer this"

I think we're on the same page here?
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:30 am

Post by VFP »

Grampa you need to make your mind up if I'm scum or not.
You try to pull at my heart strings, don't get the result and shade me as scum.

I'm okay if you want to say I'm scum, but let's not do the little dance!

You talk about James ignoring your questions.
I'm yet to receive answers from you.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:32 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

@GrandpaMo can you stop with the nonsense that I'm ignoring you and not responding. If you're unsatisfied with my answers so be it, there's nothing I can do about it, but I've addressed everything.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 am

Post by VFP »

Grampa is just scum here.
Look at the change of attitude from being E1 to now.

It was a panic emotional blackmail attempt. As soon as it looks like someone is fighting his corner, the confidence starts to come out with just shade.
Scum shade, let's not forget this.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:37 am

Post by VFP »

In post 335, VFP wrote:
In post 322, GrandpaMo wrote:let me hear those farfetched bs reasons once again
Since this was at me.
Can you explain this part?
Where have I had farfetched bullshit reasons on anyone?
In post 336, VFP wrote:Also, I've never played with town you, Grampa? Other than a game I replaced into where you were dead.
Why should I know this is town you?
Since you are talking about people ignoring you Grampa.
You haven't answered these yet.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 647, VFP wrote:You call it hell, I call it finding scum.
You're welcome.
I am trying to think how making yourself appear scummy assists town in finding scum, but I am struggling.

Is this another one of those things I'm just going to be told "you will understand later, newb", or is there an established argument for it?
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 am

Post by VFP »

In post 657, Val89 wrote:
In post 647, VFP wrote:You call it hell, I call it finding scum.
You're welcome.
I am trying to think how making yourself appear scummy assists town in finding scum, but I am struggling.

Is this another one of those things I'm just going to be told "you will understand later, newb", or is there an established argument for it?
It's just a good way to see who reacts to it and how.
You say I was playing scummy, I say I was baiting, and it worked.

If anyone ever says to you it's a learn later thing because you're a newb, they are just talking a load of trash majority of the time. Everyone plays different. And that's just a side note.
Meta is one of your strongest tools.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:52 am

Post by VFP »

In post 650, GrandpaMo wrote:
james
Grampa
seems to ignore it and
disappears
everytime gets pressured.
Fixed.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 658, VFP wrote:You say I was playing scummy, I say I was baiting, and it worked.
I'm not convinced that it did though.

Giving Boftd that you were baiting scum, and you think you've caught Grandpa as scum; you've now got to convince the rest of us to lim him. I can't speak for the others, but I'm finding lot harder to accept that argument from someone I've started to think is a scumlean that it would be from the townlean I had you as previously. You must have known that going in.

I think a town player of any experience should have at least some understanding that making themselves appear scummy is only going to create an atmosphere of doubt the scum can thrive in. If anyone comes at me and points out reasons that I might appear scummy, am
I
allowed to just say "haha just baiting", and expect everyone to accept that?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Val89 »

Here is the thing. My scum reads have changed over the course of last couple of pages since everything started to take off.

Alstro
I still have as town.
James
I still have as strong scum, and the fact that nobody has been able - or willing - to even attempt to articulate any case why James is not scum other than the "seems town, you'll get why later" thing you told me was trash gives me no pause that I'm on the wrong track. I
want
to believe that you lot are seeing something that I'm not; I realise I'm basically a lone-voice in having James as a strong scumread at this point, and its possible that I've erred somewhere. But reading everything again, even with the best will in the world - even making the mental assumption that I've seen him flip town already and I'm going back with that foreknowledge -
I just can't see it.

Zyla
, on the other hand, has dug her way out of my scum pile.
Norwee
replaces her there.
Cook
I can't get a handle on. VFP and t3 have swapped positions - I consider
t3
a townlean, and
VFP
a scumlean at this point.

And there there is
Grandpa
, whom, despite all my misgivings, I still think is more likely to flip green than they are red. I am in agreement that unless both have put in an Oscar winning performance {James, GrandpaMo} just isn't the scum pairing in this game. Either one is red, or both are green.

So, assume with lim Grandpa today. He flips red. Great, I was wrong about James. I eat my brown Homberg hat and face the fact that I might not be as good at reading as I thought. But if he flips green - which I think is the most likely outcome - what do we know then?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:20 am

Post by T3 »

Grandpa is town.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:24 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 662, T3 wrote:Grandpa is town.
Why do you think so?
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:25 am

Post by VFP »

So I knew I remembered Grampa playing like this before.
In post 1541, GrandpaMo wrote:so pls explain to me, why the all sudden change. oh i bet you wont answer this question too like all the other questions you have ignorned or deflected. that has cause the anti town behavior in you to shine.
In this game Grampa was scum and basically did the same here with a lot of posts saying that someone won't answer or doing the same as telling someone to answer when they had.
The entire game Grampa just pushed T3, and kept calling me town with sprinkles of shade on me. Also kept shading other players.

If.you have some time it's worth reading Gramps's ISO because the play is very much the same.
I thought I re called Grampa saying about someone should know their town game but I couldn't find it and I'm not on my PC for look it up.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:28 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 322, GrandpaMo wrote:because u havent done jackshit in the game + u should know my meta lol

and should know im acting my town!grandpa

let me hear those farfetched bs reasons once again
Referring to you VFP.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:30 am

Post by VFP »

I mean in the game where Grampa flipped scum.
But that post you pulled up is the strange post Grampa.

Look at the attack to my reasoning before I have given any. I'm pretty sure that in the scum game of Grampa he plays the same card but I couldn't see it looking through quickly.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:33 am

Post by VFP »

T3 town reading Grampa there is odd too considering he was the prime target from Scum Grampa just makes me suspect T3 more.

The team could just be T3 and Grampa. I'm not completely at the level to gladiator it, but I'm pretty close with Grampa.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:34 am

Post by VFP »

Regardless I was supposed to go to bed over an hour ago but I got caught reading into scum Grampa.
So good night!
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 661, Val89 wrote:Here is the thing. My scum reads have changed over the course of last couple of pages since everything started to take off.

Alstro
I still have as town.
James
I still have as strong scum, and the fact that nobody has been able - or willing - to even attempt to articulate any case why James is not scum other than the "seems town, you'll get why later" thing you told me was trash gives me no pause that I'm on the wrong track. I
want
to believe that you lot are seeing something that I'm not; I realise I'm basically a lone-voice in having James as a strong scumread at this point, and its possible that I've erred somewhere. But reading everything again, even with the best will in the world - even making the mental assumption that I've seen him flip town already and I'm going back with that foreknowledge -
I just can't see it.

Zyla
, on the other hand, has dug her way out of my scum pile.
Norwee
replaces her there.
Cook
I can't get a handle on. VFP and t3 have swapped positions - I consider
t3
a townlean, and
VFP
a scumlean at this point.

And there there is
Grandpa
, whom, despite all my misgivings, I still think is more likely to flip green than they are red. I am in agreement that unless both have put in an Oscar winning performance {James, GrandpaMo} just isn't the scum pairing in this game. Either one is red, or both are green.

So, assume with lim Grandpa today. He flips red. Great, I was wrong about James. I eat my brown Homberg hat and face the fact that I might not be as good at reading as I thought. But if he flips green - which I think is the most likely outcome - what do we know then?
Oh these are interesting. I agree that Zyla has shifted to a townier position with her activity yesterday, though if Grandpa flips green and James flips red, that would really tank the read. What concerns you about Norwee? I have them as a townlean right now. Also, based on your three reds, do you think {James, Norwee} is most likely? Or {James, VFP}?

Personally here is where I sit right now, but my association reads are in conflict with my
individual
reads:
Val,
Zyla, NEE, T3,
Cook, VFP,
James, Grandpa

But despite the above
, I also see the following, with "=>" and "<=>" indicating logic conditionals: James scum <=> Zyla scum, Grandpa scum => James town, James scum => Grandpa town, VFP scum => Grandpa town, and, to a much smaller extent, I see a universe in which Val and Grandpa are partners if Grandpa flips scum.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Val89 »

Problem is, VFP, I happen to agree with Grandpa that James has been somewhat evasive through out, and I don't think I am the only one.

We get things that purport to be answers, for sure; but we also just-as-often get stuff like #516 which looks fancy, but reading it several times leaves me no clearer to what is being said.

Take also James reply (#342) to my point about him happy to work with meta reads in his previous games, but wants us to believe he doesn't believe in them in this game (#202).

You [VFP] know what a meta read is, because you are making one here against Grandpa. You also read James' reply, because you commented on it. Are you really satisfied that answering a question about meta reads with an answer as to why RVS-style reasoning is shit is in any way satisfying? When it was pointed out to him that's what he did (and I think it's rather interesting this was a point that VFP(#357) decided to weigh in on, despite the "laid-back, low-content" approach VFP had thus far), he just ignores the issue; which is why I find the "I've typed words, if you don't like them I can't do anything about that" type answer we get from him so unsatisfying.

You [VFP] are pushing on Grandpa for apparently being evasive, so why is James being given a free pass for the same thing under your nose? (#342-347)
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 669, alstroemerial wrote:I see a universe in which Val and Grandpa are partners if Grandpa flips scum.
Yeah, I don't blame you; I can't say he hasn't given people reasons to think he is scum of late, and I would be concerned if people weren't picking up on me defending him as I do.

I just think he's the really easy target for a town mis-lim, and that scum are the ones driving this wagon.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:49 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 671, Val89 wrote:
In post 669, alstroemerial wrote:I see a universe in which Val and Grandpa are partners if Grandpa flips scum.
Yeah, I don't blame you; I can't say he hasn't given people reasons to think he is scum of late, and I would be concerned if people weren't picking up on me defending him as I do.

I just think he's the really easy target for a town mis-lim, and that scum are the ones driving this wagon.
Both?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Val89 »

Well, given that you are on it - at last one; and if I were a betting man, I would say both, yes.

For one of the scum not to be on it, that means the other scum is in {T3, Alstro or Zyla}, and those are my townreads currently.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 664, VFP wrote:So I knew I remembered Grampa playing like this before.
In post 1541, GrandpaMo wrote:so pls explain to me, why the all sudden change. oh i bet you wont answer this question too like all the other questions you have ignorned or deflected. that has cause the anti town behavior in you to shine.
In this game Grampa was scum and basically did the same here with a lot of posts saying that someone won't answer or doing the same as telling someone to answer when they had.
The entire game Grampa just pushed T3, and kept calling me town with sprinkles of shade on me. Also kept shading other players.

If.you have some time it's worth reading Gramps's ISO because the play is very much the same.
I thought I re called Grampa saying about someone should know their town game but I couldn't find it and I'm not on my PC for look it up.
what game r u even talking bout here?? can you quote specific posts from that game???

there has been only ONE time I was scum.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”