Newbie 2066: Gelato 2 -- End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 107, Roden wrote:I'll give it some thought, but if no one else puts Rock at E-1 by tomorrow then I'll just do it my self so we can keep the game going. I think scum is spooked and don't want to declare any allegiances by putting either of you within hamner range. Though it's also entirely possible it hasn't happened because Johnny isn't here.

I really need to hear more from GIF and Jumble too.
Why are you willing to put Rock at E-1 when you had other scumreads this time? You were explicitly saying beforehand that you don't want to add E-3, E-2, E-1 votes so you can analyze them better, but this is very contradictory to what you said.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 625, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 107, Roden wrote:I'll give it some thought, but if no one else puts Rock at E-1 by tomorrow then I'll just do it my self so we can keep the game going. I think scum is spooked and don't want to declare any allegiances by putting either of you within hamner range. Though it's also entirely possible it hasn't happened because Johnny isn't here.

I really need to hear more from GIF and Jumble too.
Why are you willing to put Rock at E-1 when you had other scumreads this time? You were explicitly saying beforehand that you don't want to add E-3, E-2, E-1 votes so you can analyze them better, but this is very contradictory to what you said.
Pretty sure the post you quoted answers your question there. Sang and I already talked about it beforehand anyway, which you had to have known if you're bring up the E-x conversation.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Roden »

HEM, it honestly just looks like you're looking for any scrap you can to justify a scum read on me, but everything you're bringing up all have really easy answers and explanations. Did you not like my posts from last page? You haven't really responded to them in a way that shows you're trying to gauge or read me, more so just looking for holes that you're quickly finding out don't exist.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Why are you so sensitive about me scumreading you? I'm trying to get a stronger read on your slot and answering me would help. Thanks.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:56 pm

I haven't still seen the part where you have explained why you said you approach a game at a distance, and then proceeds to put an E-1 vote on a wagon when you explicitly said that's not how you work. It's better that you answer that now in real-time so it's faster for me and I don't have to read every little post.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 pm

In post 186, Roden wrote:I do lowkey suspect Johnny too but I can't justify a vote on him when he isn't even here.
Can you explain what was going on inside your head about Johnny here that made you lowkey suspect him, when he wasn't even there? (As opposed to null)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:12 pm

In post 189, Roden wrote:This doesn't change my scum read on Rock since I still think they made some scummy/opportunistic posts.
I also missed this. Can you also explain what was going on inside your head that make you think Rock made scummy/opportunistic posts prior to #189?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 628, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why are you so sensitive about me scumreading you? I'm trying to get a stronger read on your slot and answering me would help. Thanks.
I make one comment and that's somehow sensitive...? I've been fully cooperative here, don't try to paint this as something else.
In post 629, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I haven't still seen the part where you have explained why you said you approach a game at a distance, and then proceeds to put an E-1 vote on a wagon when you explicitly said that's not how you work. It's better that you answer that now in real-time so it's faster for me and I don't have to read every little post.
I literally say in the post you quoted that I voted since the game was going nowhere and something needed to happen. Sang had also pressured me previously to vote, which you had to have read to even ask this question. I town read Sang at the time, which I clearly wasn't wrong to do since they flipped green, so I decided to side with them at the time. Maybe it looks weird to you since you're reading in real-time, but at that point the game was going at a snail's pace and I was desperate to get people to actually start playing.
humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 186, Roden wrote:I do lowkey suspect Johnny too but I can't justify a vote on him when he isn't even here.
Can you explain what was going on inside your head about Johnny here that made you lowkey suspect him, when he wasn't even there? (As opposed to null)
Johnny was null at the time, which was why it was lowkey. His absence itself felt like a missing puzzle piece, and I wasn't the only one who felt the same.
humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 189, Roden wrote:This doesn't change my scum read on Rock since I still think they made some scummy/opportunistic posts.
I also missed this. Can you also explain what was going on inside your head that make you think Rock made scummy/opportunistic posts prior to #189?
Now I'm feeling GIF's frustration. Can you just read the thread before I start answering you with quotes? I explained this and many of the questions you've asked.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:17 pm

post 632, Roden"]I make one comment and that's somehow sensitive...? I've been fully cooperative here, don't try to paint this as something else.[/quote]
Yes, you are sensitive about being scumread. I haven't even mentioned scumreading you or anything. Just asking questions. But you came at me with this:
Roden wrote:HEM, it honestly just looks like you're looking for any scrap you can to justify a scum read on me, but everything you're bringing up all have really easy answers and explanations. Did you not like my posts from last page? You haven't really responded to them in a way that shows you're trying to gauge or read me, more so just looking for holes that you're quickly finding out don't exist.
[quote="In
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:18 pm

In post 632, Roden wrote:Can you just read the thread before I start answering you with quotes?
I'm asking nicely. Answer my questions, so I don't miss out on anything and mislead myself. Pleaaaase :good: :good: :good:
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:19 pm

EBWOP
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12850461#p12850461]post 632[/url], Roden wrote:I make one comment and that's somehow sensitive...? I've been fully cooperative here, don't try to paint this as something else.
Yes, you are sensitive about being scumread. I haven't even mentioned scumreading you or anything. Just asking questions. But you came at me with this:
Roden wrote:HEM, it honestly just looks like you're looking for any scrap you can to justify a scum read on me, but everything you're bringing up all have really easy answers and explanations. Did you not like my posts from last page? You haven't really responded to them in a way that shows you're trying to gauge or read me, more so just looking for holes that you're quickly finding out don't exist.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:23 pm

In post 632, Roden wrote:I literally say in the post you quoted that I voted since the game was going nowhere and something needed to happen. Sang had also pressured me previously to vote, which you had to have read to even ask this question. I town read Sang at the time, which I clearly wasn't wrong to do since they flipped green, so I decided to side with them at the time. Maybe it looks weird to you since you're reading in real-time, but at that point the game was going at a snail's pace and I was desperate to get people to actually start playing.
No, I've read that. It just makes me curious why you went against what you said was your playstyle to put Rock at E-1 just to make things happen. Meanwhile, you could have still did what you said you were gonna and it would also make things happen as well. Thanks for answering.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 635, humaneatingmonkey wrote:EBWOP
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12850461#p12850461]post 632[/url], Roden wrote:I make one comment and that's somehow sensitive...? I've been fully cooperative here, don't try to paint this as something else.
I'm sensitive about being scum read...but you haven't mentioned scum reading, but you are scum reading me...?

:thinking:

You're very transparently trying to paint me as something I'm not here. Reacting to you is NAI, and pretending it isn't really doesn't look good my dude.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12850474#p12850474]post 634[/url], humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 632, Roden wrote:Can you just read the thread before I start answering you with quotes?
I'm asking nicely. Answer my questions, so I don't miss out on anything and mislead myself. Pleaaaase :good: :good: :good:
Only if you stop pretending I haven't already been doing exactly what you've asked.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12850485#p12850485]post 636[/url], humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 632, Roden wrote:I literally say in the post you quoted that I voted since the game was going nowhere and something needed to happen. Sang had also pressured me previously to vote, which you had to have read to even ask this question. I town read Sang at the time, which I clearly wasn't wrong to do since they flipped green, so I decided to side with them at the time. Maybe it looks weird to you since you're reading in real-time, but at that point the game was going at a snail's pace and I was desperate to get people to actually start playing.
No, I've read that. It just makes me curious why you went against what you said was your playstyle to put Rock at E-1 just to make things happen. Meanwhile, you could have still did what you said you were gonna and it would also make things happen as well. Thanks for answering.
I didn't say voting people was against my playstyle. That is a massive twist of my words. I said I wanted to wait, and when nothing happened I just did what I could to advance the game since we literally only had four people playing the game at the time.

Why are you so desperate for a "Gotcha!" moment here?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:34 pm

In post 637, Roden wrote:I'm sensitive about being scum read...but you haven't mentioned scum reading, but you are scum reading me...?

You're very transparently trying to paint me as something I'm not here. Reacting to you is NAI, and pretending it isn't really doesn't look good my dude.
?

Quote the post that says I'm scumreading you
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:34 pm

Quooote et
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 638, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 637, Roden wrote:I'm sensitive about being scum read...but you haven't mentioned scum reading, but you are scum reading me...?

?

Quote the post that says I'm scumreading you
In post 639, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Quooote et
In post 628, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why are you so sensitive about me scumreading you? I'm trying to get a stronger read on your slot and answering me would help. Thanks.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Roden »

Considering the previous player in your slot was also doing exactly this, it's pretty obvious you're looking for something to scum read me for.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:55 pm

You ARE sensitive about being scum read.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:56 pm

In post 631, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
Can we go back to this?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Umlaut thinks that there's at least one scum between us, but my gut says you're town. So I'm here trying to get a stronger read on you by making sure I believe that you believe what you believe. I'm gonna do this by asking repetitive questions because I just replaced in. If you're town, you'll have no problem clearing some things up for me because then I can see that you're town and focus elsewhere. Are we good?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Roden »

humaneatingmonkey wrote:You ARE sensitive about being scum read.
If this is your metric for sensitivity, I can't really say much, can I?
humaneatingmonkey wrote:Umlaut thinks that there's at least one scum between us, but my gut says you're town. So I'm here trying to get a stronger read on you by making sure I believe that you believe what you believe. I'm gonna do this by asking repetitive questions because I just replaced in. If you're town, you'll have no problem clearing some things up for me because then I can see that you're town and focus elsewhere. Are we good?
If that's what you're doing then fine, I'm just getting major flashbacks to Rock death tunneling me over similar things that I've already explained. It's frustrating because I honestly just don't want to dig through the thread to answer questions I've already answered, some more than once. It's a pain.
humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 631, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
Can we go back to this?
In post 90, Roden wrote:
In post 88, T3 wrote:Roden, thoughts on Rockhopper?
I didn't like the pocket comment or the wagon vote, and I agree with Sang that Rock's reasoning for his vote was flimsy at best. I don't think he really thought that vote through at all. He could just be trying to put on pressure just for the sake of it.

If it comes down to it, I'll vote him if no one can agree on a more suspicious player. I personally want to pressure Jumble more though since I think he's getting off easy here.
In post 157, Roden wrote:
In post 153, Rockhopper wrote:I don't see it but I should prolly move elsewhere for a while
VOTE: Vaxkiller
In post 154, Rockhopper wrote:Not a fan of him trynna start a wagon on GIF instead of commenting on the gamestate. And His questions feel kinda pointless, something scum would do to appear active.
While I don't disagree that it was a weird post, they at least did finally add something, and it isn't a vote I disagree with either. GIF's not exactly scummy, but he's at least coming off very anti-town right now.

Either way, I'm not sure why you're changing your vote like that? You're kinda in the hot seat atm and should be affirming how town you are, not deflecting onto another player. Vax isn't pinging me enough to earn some pressure right now anyway.
In post 160, Roden wrote: Rock- Other than everything else that has been said, I looked through his earlier posts again and I got the sense that he's playing very opportunistically. In the beginning he tried to wagon Clasko, joked about pocketing T3, then tried to wagon Sang. It just doesn't look town at all to me. Hopping his vote onto Vax to try to get a third wagon going looks even worse.
In post 161, Roden wrote:
In post 159, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 157, Roden wrote:You're kinda in the hot seat atm and should be affirming how town you are, not deflecting onto another player.
I did defend my reasoning if that's what you mean.
I understand your reasoning for the vote, but you essentially just gave up on your scum read of Sang and tried to put attention on someone else. You're not giving us any reason to think that
you're
town though.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:22 pm

i appreciate it, Roden.

• when you said he tried to wagon Clasko, did you mean his very first post in RVS? what's opportunistic about that?
• what pocket comment? i think i missed it. i ctrl+F'd "pocket" in rock's iso and didn't find any.
• am i right that you think rock's vote was opportunistic (second vote on the wagon) because you thought it was joking/baiting scum? but you also said later that you haven't ruled out that it was ballsy play either. if you thought that sang baiting pr is valid, why did you conclude that rock's vote was opportunistic?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Imagine thinking about association with 0 scumflip
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

But yeah HEM did not change my read on the slot.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:31 pm

In post 648, GuyInFreezer wrote:But yeah HEM did not change my read on the slot.
Why not? T3 as scum makes sense even more sense if we're right about Vaxkiller.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”