Newbie 2068 | Lofi Beats to Play Mafia To | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 773, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 757, GrandpaMo wrote:and u think thats scummy? cuz thats how i play as my town playstyle -- i like for town to listen to my thoughts // and gain negative or postiive reactions from them.
Maybe not immediately "scummy" in my opinion but if it makes it more difficult for your teammates (i.e. other town) then it's probably worth refining a bit. You can share all your thoughts while just making sure to write in a way that is more coherent. Syntax and proofreading go a long way
ive done that and i still get scumread lol so i just gave up -- im trying new playstyles:( also tyt if u wanna get to read me right
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

also try doing what vfp doing a grasp the scumcase on me from vfp's perspective by checking out my scumgame in aliensitter needed. check what vfp was talking bout on how there were similiatires. can you spot any differences? etc
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 769, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 767, T3 wrote:Townslip moment.

Now unvote.
how is that a townslip lol
Could be tired-posting hell but here's where my brain is at:
If Grandpa genuinely thought he was hammered (which I think is the case), then his immediately subsequent posts tell a lot. Being like "good luck town" and continuing to maintain being town and working toward a game solve is more town than just being like "lol ok bye"

in my sleepy delirium I want to toss out a half-baked new possibility for us to maybe chew on. What about {VFP, NEE}? Yeah, this means that all of this Val James Grandpa has been a TvTvT clusterf*** with those two watching from the sidelines and feeding the fire every now and then based in part on where the sentiment of the group seems to be going. Consider that they were the H-2 and H-1 posts within 7 posts of each other (585 and 592), maybe trying to give it a burst of momentum? I'm writing this purely off of notes and not going back to the ISOs tonight, but just had this paranoid sinking feeling that what if we're completely off the wrong track and the newbies are just eating each other alive??
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 752, T3 wrote:Grandpa claiming vt only comes from towngrandpa.
OK, I'll bite. How big is the same size, and what does scum!Grandpa claim?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Val89 »

Sample*
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by alstroemerial »

what's tyt? I found the alien game and I'm going to look at it tomorrow when I'm more awake

goodnight
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Cook »

Val89 wrote:They*, sorry.
eh, w/e

i realize now i can just update my pronouns every five minutes

that'll be a better solution
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 780, alstroemerial wrote:what's tyt? I found the alien game and I'm going to look at it tomorrow when I'm more awake

goodnight

take your time
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 777, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 769, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 767, T3 wrote:Townslip moment.

Now unvote.
how is that a townslip lol
Could be tired-posting hell but here's where my brain is at:
If Grandpa genuinely thought he was hammered (which I think is the case), then his immediately subsequent posts tell a lot. Being like "good luck town" and continuing to maintain being town and working toward a game solve is more town than just being like "lol ok bye"

in my sleepy delirium I want to toss out a half-baked new possibility for us to maybe chew on. What about {VFP, NEE}? Yeah, this means that all of this Val James Grandpa has been a TvTvT clusterf*** with those two watching from the sidelines and feeding the fire every now and then based in part on where the sentiment of the group seems to be going. Consider that they were the H-2 and H-1 posts within 7 posts of each other (585 and 592), maybe trying to give it a burst of momentum? I'm writing this purely off of notes and not going back to the ISOs tonight, but just had this paranoid sinking feeling that what if we're completely off the wrong track and the newbies are just eating each other alive??
that was literally my thought process lmfao. u hit on spot on like i was dead ass thinking ways of just everyone being scum closest one i can find is scum in these val, vfp, cook, nee. like with val there is this thing where i wanna trust them for their subsequent posting and their consistency but its like they are now pivoting to me when they have been pushing the same person i have been pushing all game? and it just seems like an omgus.

then there is cook who coasts and never talked until one point where they just came into the discussion for one moment to scumread me and leave just to never talk again until becoming more active towards the eod.

then there is vfp who townleaning me in the beginning i believe for something i would do as town then starts hard scumreading me based off meta (this is where i want you to look at this from @ alstro hence why im asking u to personally read the game since you are the only one i can trust imo)

then there is NEE who also was scumreading my initial scumread (zyla) then pivots onto me and never becomes active towards eod ever again -- just dies down as i become e-1.

its just intringuing to find that the voting progression followed this pattern:

vfp townreads me
me scumread zyla
zyla scumreads me
zyla votes me
james then follows to votes me
cook scumreads me
alstro townreads me
val townreads me
t3 scumread me
nee implied townread on me (dk for sure on this one)
me scumread james
cook votes me
nee scumreads me
vfp scumreads me
alstro becomes more 50/50 with me
t3 townreads me
vfp votes me
val scumreads me
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Vote Count 1.05

GrandpaMo (4):
Zyla
, JamesTheNames, Cook, VFP, NorwegianboyEE
JamesTheNames (1):
Val89,
alstroemerial
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo

VFP (1):
Zyla,
alstroemerial
Cook
T3

Val89 (1):
GrandpaMo

Zyla (0):
Cook
NorwegianboyEE

Cook (0):
GrandpaMo
alstroemerial

No Elimination (0):
VFP

Not Voting (2):
T3
, T3,
GrandpaMo
, alstroemerial

Deadline is in
(expired on 2021-06-27 12:00:00)
, at which point we will default to no elimination.

With nine players alive, it takes
five
to reach majority.

Note:
Seriously, sorry for the huge gap in votecounts there. Been a weird few days. Shouldn't happen again.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 662, T3 wrote:Grandpa is town.
Why do you keep popping in with these reads that have no explanation whatsoever?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

These reads from T3 don’t feel real.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 752, T3 wrote:Grandpa claiming vt only comes from towngrandpa.
Is this something meta related?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Didn’t read Val’s post on me. But their suspicion has been noted.
Give me a tl;dr if my response is necesarry.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Grandpa seems to just be sticking every kind of read towards the wall here. Especially their Val read was quite sudden and came almost out of nowhere.

@GrandpaMo Have you had this read for a long time, or any previous suspicion. Or did you just now start believing Val could be scum?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You also seem to be quite confident in the strenght of your reads which is generally an odd thing to do so early on day 1 with no hard confirmed flips.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Doesn’t seem half the game is ready for an flip so i’m gonna unvote while i’m at work to see how things progress.
Val is super convinced Grandpa is town anyway, and i think Val is one of the towniest slots in the game so far.
UNVOTE:

- Bunno
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by VFP »

I'm busy so I'll be quick.

Grampa knew Cook was voting and the response about being hammered is so fake. You can also tell where no progression is even made after being 'hammered. If Grampa was town here, then the emotion in game would be real and it wouldbe just be a 'oh I guess I'm hammered response.

Grampa has also straight up lied but first of all saying he didn't see my questions even though he already responses a few days ago saying that he will respond to then.
Claiming to only having a town read on me, even though he has shaded a few times.

And the biggest thing here, he's still refusing to answer my questions?

T3 is only popping in to try and say town, and I'm pretty sure this is just scum T3 with Grampa.
Grampa has claimed in the past that town Grampa never claims VT, so T3 to just be accepting on this makes me think it's a fake opinion from T3.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If Zyla town then i’m fairly sure it makes T3 scum. But if Zyla is scum then it spews T3 town imo.
Grandpa scum also makes Zyla less likely.

Yeah i could see an Grandpa/T3 team.

More than anything i just want an flip so we get some hard info.

- Bunno
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:59 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 791, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Val is super convinced Grandpa is town anyway,
This isn't actually the case, any longer.

I said in my initial read that GrandpaMo was the one I was struggling with the most, and he had done stuff I consider scummy as often as he had townie. I came down on the townie side because I thought the frustration I detected in not being able to put his point across and his logic not being understood was genuine, and the difficulty we were having in phrasing it wasn't because of deliberate decisions on his part.

Over the course of the last few pages, though, whilst under pressure, that scale has decidedly tipped in the scummy direction. Grandpa himself has been keen to have us read his previous games, where I found this, in his scum game.
In post 2412, GrandpaMo wrote:and nah the headache walls were actually half bs and half truth.
Turns out, Grandpa does know what he is doing with his "walls", and uses it as a scum tool.

I'm ready to vote Grandpa, but I did think there is some value in letting him flail some more, and also in hearing some more from Cook. If we aren't getting any more out of this, then I'll be happy with the hammer sometime today.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 788, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Didn’t read Val’s post on me. But their suspicion has been noted.
It's things like this that fuel that suspicion, Norwee.

If I were scum, how would ever be able to deduce that if you don't read my posts?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:23 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 777, alstroemerial wrote:If Grandpa genuinely thought he was hammered (which I think is the case), then his immediately subsequent posts tell a lot.
Key word here is "genuniely".

After cook drops the faux-hammer:
In post 746, GrandpaMo wrote:damn i guess im hammered well gl town
Few posts later:
In post 755, GrandpaMo wrote:pls let me live t3. u are literally the only one who knows how i play lol
Next post, back to:
In post 756, GrandpaMo wrote:well its ok im hammered. so its too late. ig ur dying wit me now
Yeah, appeal to t3 to let you live at a time you 'genuinely' believe you are hammered. Does t3 have hidden mod powers we don't know about?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 795, Val89 wrote:
In post 788, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Didn’t read Val’s post on me. But their suspicion has been noted.
It's things like this that fuel that suspicion, Norwee.

If I were scum, how would ever be able to deduce that if you don't read my posts?
Are you actually scumreading me? If yes, i’ll listen. If not, whatever.
I prefer being seen ambigiously anyway by my townreads as it lets me stay in the game and solve for longer.

- Bunno
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:56 am

Post by Val89 »

Yes, I am actually scum reading - or at least scumleaning you - I see no point at all in being dishonest about my reads. They might change over time, but if I say I think someone is acting scummy at that point then I believe it.
In post 797, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I prefer being seen ambigiously anyway by my townreads as it lets me stay in the game and solve for longer.
How? I don't see that. I'm reading VFP leanscum for the same sort of thing, so if this is an actual legit play, I'd like to know how.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 798, Val89 wrote:How? I don't see that. I'm reading VFP leanscum for the same sort of thing, so if this is an actual legit play, I'd like to know how.
Yes. It’s an strategy of not tryharding solving day 1 because there is generally less info and scum might just nightkill you for your level of effort. So instead we play relaxed early on before getting relatively serious later on if scum hasn’t been eliminated yet.

- Bunno

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”