Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 723, marcistar wrote:
In post 703, imaginality wrote:

@Gamma Emerald
@Smoke and Mirrors
@cyrus62
@marcistar
@ssbm_Kyouko

Unless I've missed a post, none of you are currently voting.
Someone is going to get eliminated in less than a day (barring an extension or explicit no-elim votes getting plurality)

Currently there are by my count 3 votes on VFP, 2 on Something_Smart, and 1 on mastina.

1. Who do you want to see eliminated out of those three?
2. Vote for that person before end of day

If your answer to 1 is "someone else", vote for that person.
If your answer to 1 is "don't elim anyone today", vote for No Execute.

If you don't vote for someone else (or no execute) I shall assume tomorrow you're happy with VFP being eliminated.
my head rlly hurts rn and im tired,
i want something_smart to have a tiny bit more time to have a chance to contribute before we elim them.
so then between vfp and mastina, i would prefer vfp since i kinda think mastinas town :?
im sure theres someone better, but im not sure if ill have a good enough conclusion before phase end. ^.^ (how long is it until phase end?)
Yeah she’s definitely town and I think wrong on Kyuku. I don’t believe anymore that his push on me is in good faith. I am totally down with a Kyuku wagon but I think he’s got everyone snowed, so it probably won’t happen.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 718, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Idk if fae was referring to Pooky or someone else but it definitely couldn’t have possibly involved me.

Flea has never ever played with scum!me.
In post 719, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:I would also like to point out Sherlock, assuming you are actually town here and capable of logical thought, that in no freaking world would scum!me be dumb enough to kill Flea after seeing that quote. I’m not scum but I’m so fed up with your ridiculous inability to see an blatantly obvious town ISO when you see it, I’m not sure I even care about parsing you if you’re going to be this bad.
If the quote didn't apply to you then why would you avoid killing Flea because of Flea saying that?

Given you can simply point out you haven't played as scum with Flea?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:10 pm

Hey @Kyuku, why tf wouldn’t I have noticed that post when it was specifically addressed to ME? How is Kyyuku not scum here? How?
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:13 pm

In post 726, imaginality wrote:
In post 718, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Idk if fae was referring to Pooky or someone else but it definitely couldn’t have possibly involved me.

Flea has never ever played with scum!me.
In post 719, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:I would also like to point out Sherlock, assuming you are actually town here and capable of logical thought, that in no freaking world would scum!me be dumb enough to kill Flea after seeing that quote. I’m not scum but I’m so fed up with your ridiculous inability to see an blatantly obvious town ISO when you see it, I’m not sure I even care about parsing you if you’re going to be this bad.
If the quote didn't apply to you then why would you avoid killing Flea because of Flea saying that?

Given you can simply point out you haven't played as scum with Flea?

Because I’m not an idiot. Yeah, so perhaps fae’s referring to catching someone else. I have no idea or maybe fae caught Pooky? But you can check all of both our games to verify this.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Hello, to anyone here capable of rational thought. It’s pretty damned obvious that Flea was killed in order for me to get pushed here. It’s not rocket science.

@Imaginality, the fact that Flea has never played with scum!me before is completely irrelevant to what looks like a scum frame up. I caught their buddy and they need me dead with no blood on their hands. It’s so beyond obvious.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:22 pm

And that is why Kyuku is scum here. Scum killed Flea to push me and who is pushing me? Kyuku. Slam dunk.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 724, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:I was fine with no execute until Kyuku decided to shitpush me. I will yeet that slot out of the stratosphere gladly.
hmm, i wouldn't mind a kyoko elim too much, they aren't confirmed town in any way, their choices as market owner could've easily been made as a like.. if they put roles better for scum, that wouldve been soo sus, so they couldve done these roles to avoid the sus.. :P
but it does worry me because before todays phase i thought they were pretty okay :-(
their push on u is kinda bad since u lead the thing on kitty so hard, u wouldnt stop until u got answers it seemed like... i dont think scum wouldve done that..?

idk how kyouko plays.. maybe they could be scum here, or maybe they could be like idk how to word it nicely, but they could be town who thinks they caught something but they actually havent? i wouldnt be surprised with either..

hmm, but i think i think i think that kyoukos d1 weighs heavier on the scale for me.. so imma pray theyre town :good:
In post 729, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
Hello, to anyone here capable of rational thought. It’s pretty damned obvious that Flea was killed in order for me to get pushed here. It’s not rocket science.
im not capable of rational thought sis sorry :roll:
-
i og thought that flea was killed because kyouko let it be known what money theyve spent, and flea was otherwise the other pretty widely townread..
it could be possible that its to get you elimed, but i dont think that wouldve been the reason..? it looks kinda like nobodies gonna wanna follow ssbm_kyouko on the push for you, so i don't think its something scums trying to set up.. i think if they wanted to set up something, it would be something more easy for people to follow after? does scum usually push on u o-o
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:36 pm

In case we die for whatever reason, Gamma, Mastina, Marci, Distance and probably SS, maybe Cyrus, maybe CB, possibly VFP are town? Scum is Kyuku and us, Gamma, Distance are all town on the Kitty wagon.

Rn, if no bus: Kyuku. If bus: Imaginality is probably the only possibility. Lock it.

Rn, I think Kyuku and possibly Imaginality could be the team. I didn’t like them shading Distance who is pretty obvtown especially since it now looks like Marci is too.

I could be wrong on Imaginality but if Kyuku is scum, they’re a possible buddy. Why because Kyuku insisting it was a bus, makes me think that if he’s scum, there actually was one and he’s tmiing.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:47 pm

In post 731, marcistar wrote:
In post 724, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:I was fine with no execute until Kyuku decided to shitpush me. I will yeet that slot out of the stratosphere gladly.
hmm, i wouldn't mind a kyoko elim too much, they aren't confirmed town in any way, their choices as market owner could've easily been made as a like.. if they put roles better for scum, that wouldve been soo sus, so they couldve done these roles to avoid the sus.. :P
but it does worry me because before todays phase i thought they were pretty okay :-(
their push on u is kinda bad since u lead the thing on kitty so hard, u wouldnt stop until u got answers it seemed like... i dont think scum wouldve done that..?

idk how kyouko plays.. maybe they could be scum here, or maybe they could be like idk how to word it nicely, but they could be town who thinks they caught something but they actually havent? i wouldnt be surprised with either..

hmm, but i think i think i think that kyoukos d1 weighs heavier on the scale for me.. so imma pray theyre town :good:
-
i og thought that flea was killed because kyouko let it be known what money theyve spent, and flea was otherwise the other pretty widely townread..
it could be possible that its to get you elimed, but i dont think that wouldve been the reason..? it looks kinda like nobodies gonna wanna follow ssbm_kyouko on the push for you, so i don't think its something scums trying to set up.. i think if they wanted to set up something, it would be something more easy for people to follow after? does scum usually push on u o-o
I wasn’t referring to you, you clearly aren’t having any difficulty with that at all.

I really do think Kyuku is scum here and trying to get us miselimed and as for Imaginality, if he actually is scum, I could see scum!Kyuku possibly tming a bus. Of the Kitty wagon, Imaginality is my least confident read but I really think Kitty is because he isn’t trying to genuinely sort me at all. He is trying to make what I see is an exotic obvious shitpush. I’m leaning to VFP possibly being town and Kyuku tming him. Also, he tried to stop Kitty wagon with a VFP push and today he’s suddenly VFP’s #1 defender. I think Kyuku’s sad that I’m no longer on VFP wagon so he has to pull shit out of think air now. Sorry @Mastina, @CB, I think you’re wrong and Kyuku is actually scum here.

Cyrus voting no execute makes me lean town as compared with Kyuku completely ignoring that in order to shitpush me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 672, imaginality wrote:Also, why were all the midday bids so low.
3/4 of those were actually mine.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:55 pm

In post 733, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 731, marcistar wrote:

-
I wasn’t referring to you, you clearly aren’t having any difficulty with that at all.

I really do think Kyuku is scum here and trying to get us miselimed and as for Imaginality, if he actually is scum, I could see scum!Kyuku possibly tming a bus. Of the Kitty wagon, Imaginality is my least confident read but I really think Kitty is because he isn’t trying to genuinely sort me at all. He is trying to make what I see is an exotic obvious shitpush. I’m leaning to VFP possibly being town and Kyuku tming him. Also, he tried to stop Kitty wagon with a VFP push and today he’s suddenly VFP’s #1 defender. I think Kyuku’s sad that I’m no longer on VFP wagon so he has to pull shit out of think air now. Sorry @Mastina, @CB, I think you’re wrong and Kyuku is actually scum here.

Cyrus voting no execute makes me lean town as compared with Kyuku completely ignoring that in order to shitpush me.
Kyuku not Kitty, I would lim Kyuku and if he flips scum, I’d probably watch Imaginality closely but if Kyuku is town, Imaginality is probably town and Kitty wagon is actually pure.

But I feel extremely confident that I’ve likely caught the second scum here. I’m not saying that Imaginality has to be his partner. He could still be town because the bus theory might be completely bs, I’d just probably watch him closely if Kyuku flips scum, because he is just too damned confident in his bus theory to make me paranoid but it isn’t us, Gamma or Distance. Both Kitty and Kyuku were hard pushing both us and Distance, so I think Distance is spewed town by that, us too obviously.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 707, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:VOTE: Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors is a hydra containing Pooky.
Pooky has never bussed on D1 as scum, ever.

Smoke and Mirrors is thus the locktown of the locktown for how D1 went down.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 708, imaginality wrote:1. Mastina didn't cover "scum are trying to coin hunt" in the breakdown of possibilities for why Flea was killed. @Mastina does #705 change your analysis?
coin hunting in this game IS PR hunting--either someone has 500 g or they have a role, those are the only possibilities for town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 713, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: no execute
I don’t think that’s entirely a good idea but if you do I’m willing to hear you out
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:00 pm

In post 736, mastina wrote:

The only buddy I have ever hardbussed on D1 was Saudade and anyone who’s ever had the misfortune of rolling scum with Saudade would do likewise.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Gamma Emerald
@Smoke and Mirrors
@cyrus62
@marcistar
@ssbm_Kyouko

Someone is going to get eliminated in less than a day (barring an extension or explicit no-elim votes getting plurality)

Currently there are by my count 3 votes on VFP, 2 on Something_Smart, and 1 on mastina.

If you don't vote for someone else (or no execute) I shall assume tomorrow you're happy with VFP being eliminated.
I really don’t like how arm-twisty this is

I feel like if scum is on the kitty wagon it’s imaginality because their posting just feels inordinately scummy
And scrolling through the topic review in the preview window I’m not alone in feeling this
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:04 pm

In post 736, mastina wrote:

Kyuku doesn’t care about any reasons pointing away from his agenda. When he referenced that Flea post against me, the wheels turned and it clicked. I really do think Kyuku’s scum here and scum killed Flea to frame us.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 721, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Have I actually caught 2 scum? That would be amazing. But it’s so freaking obvious that scum was trying to set us up that either Kyuku is the worst scumhunter in mafia history or he actually is scum. Rn, I’m leaning to yes.
You know what, this got me thinking and I have 0 of the good vibes I got from kyouko in mini 2213 rn
VOTE: ssbm_kyouko
I feel like a bastard for this but it’s making enough sense and S&M has earned my trust
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, quick question: did I miss the mid-day update or was there not one today?
<Embrace The Void>

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:10 pm

In post 740, Gamma Emerald wrote:

@Gamma Emerald
@Smoke and Mirrors
@cyrus62
@marcistar
@ssbm_Kyouko

I really don’t like how arm-twisty this is

I feel like if scum is on the kitty wagon it’s imaginality because their posting just feels inordinately scummy
And scrolling through the topic review in the preview window I’m not alone in feeling this
I can really see a possible Kitty/Kyuku/Imaginality team. I don’t think it’s at all townie how hard he’s been pushing this bus theory, it screams possible tmi to me, like scum maybe actually knew this.

If it is exactly Kitty/Kyuku/Imaginality, @Mastina, will you nom me for paragon?

Gamma too.

Have I actually solved this game on D2? It would make sense because no scumteam who is aware of my meta is ever suicidal enough to try to push me here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Definitely moment of brilliance at least
(I’m not sure which head is posting)
<Embrace The Void>

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:16 pm

In post 742, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 721, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Have I actually caught 2 scum? That would be amazing. But it’s so freaking obvious that scum was trying to set us up that either Kyuku is the worst scumhunter in mafia history or he actually is scum. Rn, I’m leaning to yes.
You know what, this got me thinking and I have 0 of the good vibes I got from kyouko in mini 2213 rn
VOTE: ssbm_kyouko
I feel like a bastard for this but it’s making enough sense and S&M has earned my trust
I was leaning town on them until he brought up that Flea post. That screamed blatant scum frame up to me and I think Distance is very obviously town.

And the way Kyuku said if we flip green, he’s going to push Distance to push his bussing theory, That was the first thing that pinged me. Kyuku is very obviously trying to chain miselims on us and Distance.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:20 pm

In post 745, Gamma Emerald wrote:Definitely moment of brilliance at least
(I’m not sure which head is posting)
:oops:

Nancy. All of the posts but the first are mine.

Scum looked at Flea’s post, killed fae and decided to frame me and then they were planning to miselim Distance. Scum doesn’t realize I’m really smart and can see through this crap and didn’t really care for Imaginality questioning me either and there is absolutely not a damn thing scummy about Distance calling himself obvtown.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:23 pm

In post 191, imaginality wrote:Acutally, I'm going to follow up and VOTE: ssbm_Kyouko for post #179. Between that possible scum slip, and the downplaying of hitman... on which note, also if ssbm_Kyouko expects MO to draw the NK (per post #31) why didn't he suggest MO bid for scum powers like hitman instead of no-bid? I feel like he's scum hoping to pick up hitman for cheap.

And HEAL: imaginality

If Kyuku flips scum, possible distancing?
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:26 pm

In post 179, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 173, imaginality wrote:On the powers: these all seem like pretty good powers for us to have or to keep out of scum hands. We can't block them since they have more cash. I think the best way to make sure they pay enough for them is if we all bid for exactly 1, bidding at least 401 for it, but randomly choosing which one to bid for (as in flip a coin twice, or use a 1-4 RNG). With 10 town players, that means there'd be a (3/4)^10 = 6% chance that no one bid for a particular power. So scum won't get any easy picks - if they want one they'll have to bid at least 402 for it, meaning we can outbid that player in future days.

I think that approach makes more sense than bidding for the one we individually decide is most important which could leave others 'easy pickings' for scum.
Numerically a good approach on days when all the powers are strong but hitman does not warrant 400 for a takeaway if the winning townie will live the day. This reminds me, under no circumstances (except extenuating deadline ones) should we hammer before claims in this game, even D1, as if a townie is going to be misexecuted, and they feel certain of it, they can potentially spend 500 on a scum role (today that is hitman) before they are hammered if they have not bid on anything yet.

It's also worth pointing out that based on the midday flip it appears that a single townie already bid their 500 dogebux by evenly spreading them amongst the 4 roles so our probability here is likely 8% rather than 6%, and that's only if all town follow the strat.
Hmm . . .

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”