Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:51 am

Post by T3 »

In post 548, T3 wrote:cyrus spouts ridiculous and completely wrong theories regularly. His takes are usualy abhorrent. That is why cyrus is best read by intent and meta.
To put it in less words: He's really bad at playing town.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 536, NDMath wrote:
19. Dunnstall asking NDMath about ActionDan is scummy (220)
Why is that scummy?
In general, if A asks town!B to think about C, this usually has the effect of B thinking A is more town and C is more scum, regardless of the alignments of the players involved. This is because B usually perceives that A has benign interest in them (which reads as town to most people), and that A already has suspicion of C. This can also lead B to attack C on behalf of A. Together, this has an average beneficial effect to A regardless of A's alignment, but the strategy is more beneficial for scum!A. So, that's why it's scummy. HEM has done this I think 3 times so far. Dunnstall did it once that I can remember. So, it's the pattern of inquiry rather than anything specific about you or Dan.

(There are other explanations for this pattern depending upon contextual factors. For example, A might be unable to feel interested in the game unless they're generating the activity being discussed, and use this as a way to motivate themselves. But in this case, town!A will follow-up on what's made from their question above to try to solve the game, which I don't see HEM as having done. Or, A might be town but very avoidant of conflict, and engage peripherally as a result, including via strategies like this. But, I don't get the impression that HEM is conflict-avoidant, because they have had a high level of activity and playful engagement with the thread.)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 538, ActionDan wrote:I assume from the thing you also realized I was town (when I mock did it myself)? I didn't discover it until late; impressed you got it right away. If I was scum I'd be jerking off in the PT. (as I assume you would)
You mean about not knowing default-scum-multitasking? No, I saw that as NAI, because I think you have enough meta-cognitive ability to go either way on that (cf., WIFOM). Instead, my townDan is from content subsequent to your push on Cyrus. Nothing specific comes to mind, but the list I made is ordinal so I/you could probably figure out which push led me to that conclusion by looking at the posts on either side of where I posted I thought you were town.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:19 am

Post by ActionDan »

Oh no, has to do with something else. Not my thing to reveal though.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Btw I feel like that wall from Iecerint was towny
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:33 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 548, T3 wrote:cyrus spouts ridiculous and completely wrong theories regularly. His takes are usualy abhorrent. That is why cyrus is best read by intent and meta.
okay your town i dont think scum would do all that.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:37 am

Post by cyrus62 »

so t3 since you took the time do you think maybe nom is trying to pocket me?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by T3 »

I don't think so. nom seems to know your meta and there was also that nom voted me for hyperposting but then moved off once I did a towny post.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Caught up.

Straight going to the Kitty/Elsa thing first. Tbh I didn't thought Kitty was looking bad there. Maybe sounding awkward with the early wagon thing, however I think his stance sounded believable from the point of view he explained, so that he genuinely thought it might have been a bad thing. I rather don't understand what he liked about hem's response to his vote though, since it was basically just omgus. Null, maybe more leaning town.

As for Elsa I really dislike that Titus vote, classic alibi vote imo. I don't necessarily agree with nom's . Last game I played with her she wasn't cheery either and more "stiff" and kind of rolled over when our votes were piling up on her and it ended up as a miselim, so I am not sure that is a good (stand alone) reason for a vote. Then again I only have one game played with Elsa yet. What I have seen from her ever since she is the frontrunner wagon is nothing new to me, although she lacks some "mockery" imo and comes across a bit submissive - meaning more survivalistic. Somewhere between null and scumlean.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Testarossa »

I got a slight townlean on Dunn for , because that's exactly the same observation regarding Nero/T3 I had at that point.

ActionDan could be town too, despite remembering me on a bad 90s TV ad with his name. I liked his take on Elsa's Titus vote and how he went into detail, like not in a damning way, just comprehensible.

I can see in nom what hem is seeing, more or less. It feels kind of like tagging along and not too much of a fan of the T3 and Elsa votes. Mild scumlean. One noticeable thing was the strong reaction regarding cyrus at one point, when he started to townread cyrus. What was it, that was triggering you in this regard? @nom The sarcastic tone?
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Strongest scumlean is T3 though.

Went through his ISO after finishing reading. Starting with 133 he starts talking about just ignoring cyrus and literally almost every post from then is about cyrus, besides a Titus townread, one post about Gamma and that little dialogue with me. Then he jumps on the Elsa wagon for the scum pocket reason (where I can't help but think that someone on the wagon is coasting on that argument, independent on Elsa's alignment), but never really interacted with Elsa in order to sort her like hem as example.

The focus on cyrus is odd and I can think of a few reasons. However I feel that Elsa vote was kind of lazy in context of his treatment of her slot.

VOTE: T3

I want to hear more from you. Are you cool with everyone else on the wagon? Still scum on Kitty?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by T3 »

You're not looking at my ISO in context. Most of the discussion was centered around cyrus, so I decided to metaread cyrus.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

LuciferMorningStar is being replaced. Searching...
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 561, T3 wrote:You're not looking at my ISO in context. Most of the discussion was centered around cyrus, so I decided to metaread cyrus.
I know. My point is I feel like you came already in to the conclusion that he is town and you metadived him nonetheless. Just not certain enough about him being town or did you felt the need to defend him? Like I said, I can think of many reasons here, positive as negative. I just find it curious that you spend a lot of effort on this townread, yet the scumhunting part falls really flat.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I think it's fairly obvious to anyone who has read my iso when I started townreading Cyrus
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

yay i can use this now
scum cyrus slways kills carls night 1

Cyrus has us as scum together but I'm not sure this guy has the power to rally any votes given his playstyle

nomnomnom:
you made me spit my coffee congratulations
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 551, Iecerint wrote:
In post 536, NDMath wrote:
19. Dunnstall asking NDMath about ActionDan is scummy (220)
Why is that scummy?
In general, if A asks town!B to think about C, this usually has the effect of B thinking A is more town and C is more scum, regardless of the alignments of the players involved. This is because B usually perceives that A has benign interest in them (which reads as town to most people), and that A already has suspicion of C. This can also lead B to attack C on behalf of A. Together, this has an average beneficial effect to A regardless of A's alignment, but the strategy is more beneficial for scum!A. So, that's why it's scummy. HEM has done this I think 3 times so far. Dunnstall did it once that I can remember. So, it's the pattern of inquiry rather than anything specific about you or Dan.

(There are other explanations for this pattern depending upon contextual factors. For example, A might be unable to feel interested in the game unless they're generating the activity being discussed, and use this as a way to motivate themselves. But in this case, town!A will follow-up on what's made from their question above to try to solve the game, which I don't see HEM as having done. Or, A might be town but very avoidant of conflict, and engage peripherally as a result, including via strategies like this. But, I don't get the impression that HEM is conflict-avoidant, because they have had a high level of activity and playful engagement with the thread.)
Your point makes sense but I don't know if that was what Dunn was trying to do.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 203, NDMath wrote:
In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:like not only is he a decent oldtimer but upon his return in like summer of last year he has been on a TEAR
My first game with cabd was the one kitty's referring to, and cabd there and cabd in yggdrasil felt like two very different people.

I have townleans on Titus and Gamma.
Specifically liked Titus's posts on Kitty.
For gamma, their hem scumread feels real and with good reasoning.

Am guttown on Cyrus as well, but that might just be his simplistic/straightforward posting style.
I agreed with the Gamma/Cyrus reads here and wanted to se e how in sync we were
As it turns out, I am leaning town on Actiondan, but wonder what his scum range looks like
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

My wind has been taken away from me.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Why's that, HEM?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:53 pm

You know why :P
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well then since it's finally completed will you unvote me now?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:57 pm

Why lol I caught you the same way I caught you last time. You're TMI-ing hard on Kitty earlier and hard defending a slot you have no business hard defending.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Since we've last talked, you still haven't been trying to solve this game the way you postured yourself you would be at the start of that game. Where's the sorting of the hard slots? I asked you to sort Almost50, someone you claimed last game that you could absolutely sort, and still nothing. There are 17 players, and still nothing. No readlist, no activity, nada.

Unless you're in E-1, I don't think I'll change my mind here
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Just now you went for Kitty, and your reasons are absolutely unclear

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”