Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Cabd »

With 14 players alive, it will takes 8 votes to select a master. Master selection phase will be allocated 7 days.

Saber (4): Caster, Beast, Moon Cancer, Saber
Assassin (1): Rider
Berserker (1): Ruler

(expired on 2021-07-04 22:00:49)

Page usage: 12/42
Last edited by Cabd on Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 254, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 244, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 242, Servant Beast wrote:Does anyone have serious objections to Saber getting the boost.

I'd like to move on.
I don't see a need to rush the phase, especially when Ruler and Shielder have yet to post. I want everyone to weigh in.

I actually think my preference is more toward Berserker or Assassin, though that decision is partly motivated by personality, as I think they'd be easier to work with than Saber. (Although I do think Assassin became much townier when he started talking about his reads and not just his role mechanics)
I can't really imagine what you see in Assassin's personality that makes them preferable to saber. Assassin's entrance, if town, was impulsive.
Impulsive maybe, but he's being more open with his reads, and the way he's engaged with people has been positive. Saber feels closed off. I don't know how to explain my feelings on Saber without going against the spirit of the game and being...kind of rude.
In post 259, Servant Ruler wrote:To this end, while
Servant Archer
may have , they are the first servant who I feel lacks corruption. In the rvs, it is difficult to reliably differentiate between the pure and the corrupt, however,
Servant Archer
seems to genuinely be integrating into our group without deliberately trying;
Servant Archer
's early stances appear pure of heart.
I'm not sure why you'd think such a declaration to be town-indicative at all. That's a fairly trivial post.
In post 270, Servant Ruler wrote:This should also serve as answer to your 265; if my guess at Servant Saber's identity is correct, they are corrupt (thus their placement), but if my guess at Servant Saber's identity is wrong, then there's little to tell if they are corrupt or pure. They may still be corrupt off of their later posting even if I am wrong, but I admit my guess at their identity may be biasing me towards this conclusion.
This is interesting. Can you explain further without referencing their identity explicitly? What tendencies are they showing?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

So I think that there are 3 players who have actively said that they want it :: Berserker, Assassin, and Saber.

VOTE: Berserker

I am going to assume the mech between the three of them is a wash -- basically, if they were town, and had a bad NP, I imagine they would have backed out of the running - so from here, I think we should assume they are all equal mech wise. At this point I would rather none of the 3 of them give any more info on their NPs, and I don't think it serves town to keep that the focus of the decision

So ignoring the mech side at this point, I think berserker looks like they would be the best town leader.

A big plus for them, in my opinon, is that they do not even seem all that focused on getting the master. Yes they made it clear that they wanted it, but if you scroll through their iso, it is way more focused on interacting with other players and building reads.

Compared to the other two seem, whose isos are 75%+ just talking about why they should get the master slot.

Like, the two are claiming they would work well as town leader, but berserker is showing it already imo
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

ngl, every time Archer posts I want to tease them relentlessly for their shoe-string rationales.
Jokes on me if they're scum tho.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

What do you not like about it?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:55 pm

In post 278, Servant Beast wrote:ngl, every time Archer posts I want to tease them relentlessly for their shoe-string rationales.
What is this supposed to mean?
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Based on what you've said and done and based on what Saber has said and done.
You can infer which player is a better choice to get the grail.

Town leader not withstanding.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 280, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 278, Servant Beast wrote:ngl, every time Archer posts I want to tease them relentlessly for their shoe-string rationales.
What is this supposed to mean?
I'm saying they're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice. Their thinking is messy and seems pretty gut based. If they're town.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

They're also fairly agenda driven and they have a clearish trejectory but their reasoning is so weird that while I can see where they're going I don't really get why they're going there.
I mean, did you read where he said we should assume they're all equally good mech choices? Why in the world would you assume that in a game with roles that have extremely distinct abilities.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Okay, that clarifies things. That is an odd assumption to make about the mechanics but I don't think it's particularly AI. Seems mostly like he's trying to handwave things but I can see town wanting to handwave it so they don't have to discuss mechanics as part of the choice. I don't think rationale for the vote though is overall bad, have Berserker as more town than the other two in my notes.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 282, Servant Beast wrote:they're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice
Signature material right her, imo
In post 283, Servant Beast wrote:They're also fairly agenda driven and they have a clearish trejectory but their reasoning is so weird that while I can see where they're going I don't really get why they're going there.
I mean, did you read where he said we should assume they're all equally good mech choices? Why in the world would you assume that in a game with roles that have extremely distinct abilities.
Deciding who should get the master is a 2 part problem: who gives us the greatest mechanical advantage, and who would serve best as town leader.

Clearly, they have different abilities, and one is probably mechanical better then the others - BUT, we would need a lot of details about each of their abilities to accurately figure that out - and I think that it going over the amount of detail would harm the town -- So, I think we should skip past that discussion, and therefore I am treating them as all equally good mech choices.

So, then I started focusing on the other half of the question: which would serve better as town leader
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 277, Servant Archer wrote:So I think that there are 3 players who have actively said that they want it :: Berserker, Assassin, and Saber.

VOTE: Berserker

I am going to assume the mech between the three of them is a wash -- basically, if they were town, and had a bad NP, I imagine they would have backed out of the running - so from here, I think we should assume they are all equal mech wise. At this point I would rather none of the 3 of them give any more info on their NPs, and I don't think it serves town to keep that the focus of the decision

So ignoring the mech side at this point, I think berserker looks like they would be the best town leader.

A big plus for them, in my opinon, is that they do not even seem all that focused on getting the master. Yes they made it clear that they wanted it, but if you scroll through their iso, it is way more focused on interacting with other players and building reads.

Compared to the other two seem, whose isos are 75%+ just talking about why they should get the master slot.

Like, the two are claiming they would work well as town leader, but berserker is showing it already imo

Would you be ok with being the Day 1 elimination if Berserker is Mafia?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 285, Servant Archer wrote:So, I think we should skip past that discussion, and therefore I am treating them as all equally good mech choices.
Assassin has outright claimed what they can offer, in response Saber claimed their ability is at least as good, if not better, and following that Berserker continues to claim that they would be a good choice instead of backing down and choosing one of the other two.

To me, that indicates that if they are town, then they each think that their ability is at least on par with what Assassin has claim.
On the other hand, if any of them are scum, then they can claim any level of power level from their NP.

So at this point, for me at least, it has moved past the mech discussion, and onto getting reads for the slots and figuring out how good I think each would serve as town leader.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 286, Servant Caster wrote:Would you be ok with being the Day 1 elimination if Berserker is Mafia?
Uh, no? What kind of question is that lol
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Well I have you and berserker as mafia together...

if the town ignores this and makes berserker master and you are one of the key drivers of this, wouldn't you expect me to hard-drive for your elimination on D1?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 52, Servant Caster wrote:VOTE: Saber

sold

Would you be ok with being the Day 1 elimination if Saber is Mafia?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

are you scum-reading saber/me?
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm

I wouldn’t hesitate to call it a town post from Caster, considering the follow through from early on about us, Archer. Not sure if I should be concerned about the rigidity and refusal to reevaluate with more information, but it is still in the first phase. Plenty of time to eat words down the line.

Pedit-
Will you two let me post
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

I constantly re-evaluate.

Archer going in to try to get you Mastery just kind of reinforces my initial read though.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:42 pm

As I’ve already highlighted there’s at least four or five people who prefer me at the moment. If anything it is just progressing the game.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 289, Servant Caster wrote:Well I have you and berserker as mafia together...

if the town ignores this and makes berserker master and you are one of the key drivers of this, wouldn't you expect me to hard-drive for your elimination on D1?
That is an entirely different question then...

Do I understand that you might scum read me on a Berserker scum flip? - Yeah

Am I so confident in my town read of Berserker, that I am willing to bet away a miselim for day 1 on it? - No
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Like I'd be ecstatic if Berserker got to be Master and was shown to be IC, it would give me the opportunity to re-evaluate my reads and reset without feeling guilty about pushing a mis-elim.

However if I am right, I will be very tunneled on getting Archer killed for it.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Only one way to test your theory, no?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 295, Servant Archer wrote:Do I understand that you might scum read me on a Berserker scum flip? - Yeah
I already scum-read you.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:45 pm

Caster's just town. Probably wrong, but town.

Shielder's absence from the thread has officially become concerning.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”