Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

You are saying scum is trying to derail from Saber while best I can tell, you are townreading myself, Lancer, Archer. That leaves Ruler, Egos, foreigner potentially. Foreigner is not really doing anything. Ruler only voted me when prompted by me. Have you come around to a scumread on Egos? Because otherwise, all you are doing is trying to discredit me as an option.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 314, Servant Berserker wrote:And again, there’s one way to test that theory. My point isn’t that everyone saying I should be master is scum, my point is that you keep trying to draw associatives for how Archer and I could be a team without explaining what exactly it is each of us has done to seem scummy. But you are asking for Archer to explain his townread. There’s a double standard I am trying to rectify.
It's not a double-standard because I'm not pushing for either you or archer to be eliminated currently as we are not in that phase of the game.

However Archer is pushing to make you Master so he should be explaining his town-read of you.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:34 pm

And the other side of that coin, is that if you don’t want me to be master, you need to explain why I’m scum.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

I believe the broad assertion that:

1. Your ability is powerful.
2. That you'll do your best.

Can't ask for more and there are players that I think would do worse.

I'm actually only town reading Saber, Me, and lancer right now. I'm pretty conservative and skeptical. But I don't have any serious scum reads unfortunately. I don't see any red flags.

Besides Rider joining this game and not being enthusiastic. That's just confusing tbh.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 304, Servant Berserker wrote:Archer, do you have any thoughts on the convenience of the Miller claim in conjunction with Assassin? I was debating how scum would approach this, as I already laid out the postgame notes from the last game.

I’m not saying Assassin is scum either. I just wouldn’t be surprised if one of the main contenders did end up flipping red. Maybe some scum in the people arguing purely for a mechanical choice, and maybe one in the town leader side as well.
I am not entirely sure how to take the miller claim. I was hoping that Avenger would have more posts, so that I could judge the slot a bit outside of the claim, but there has not been much else from them yet

Although, I do find this claim suspicious
In post 315, Servant Assassin wrote:My NP goes through this. I am surprised that miller would be a thing in this setup.
Like, his role pm was worded in such a way that he is confident that his cop investigate would be accurate despite his target being a miller - but is also surprised to see a miller?

It also seems strange to have a miller and a "miller-proof" cop - unless we also have a non-miller proof cop, and I don't know how likely it is that Cabd would give us multiple cops
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

Lol. Ok.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:37 pm

Why should I want to give Saber the master? Something that is not about mechanics.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 315, Servant Assassin wrote:Ruler is obvious town. Although I haven't absorbed all the links, there have been parts of their posts that have exactly mirrored my thoughts to a tee. Reading Saber's recent posts still make me think they are town, so I am quite concerned by Ruler's assessment of Saber. I would like to sort that out somehow.
Where did you feel your thoughts were being mirrored? A lot of her reasoning felt rather questionable to me.
In post 316, Servant Saber wrote:@Alter Ego, Why do you feel I would be hard to work with?
You seem like someone whose styledoes not work well with mine and whose thinking is frequently at odds with how I operate. Nothing against you as a person, it's just...not what I'd prefer in a master.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Quit trollin' you know you love being here. Or else you'd have left already.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 326, Servant Caster wrote:However Archer is pushing to make you Master so he should be explaining his town-read of you.
In post 318, Servant Archer wrote:I mean, they are in my town reads for a lot of the same reasons I think they would make a good town leader.

The way they have been interacting with other slots feels like they are trying to sort people, and as a plus, a lot of our reads are lining up, so it is easier for me to believe they are genuine reads without ulterior motive.

I also find think that it is more likely for him to be town over Saber or Assassin because they are not so focused on convincing people they should be the master choice based purely on mech. Mech reasons to be the Master choice are super easy to fake.

I liked that they pointed us in the direction of Cabd's post describing how he would suggest town choose a town leader - I trust cabd's thinking in general, so I think that it was pro town to try and get town to consider that angle. I personally had not read that before, and was glad to see it pointed out.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

VOTE: Berserker

I'm feeling good about this right now, I might try to cobble together a bit of a case for berserker from my notes later if I feel it's necessary.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 332, Servant Alter Ego wrote:You seem like someone whose styledoes not work well with mine and whose thinking is frequently at odds with how I operate. Nothing against you as a person, it's just...not what I'd prefer in a master.
Well, you might be misreading my style. I don't beg for influence as either alignment generally. It's an awkward stance.

As conftown, I back off and let town guide the thread only interjecting at particularly bad reasoning or eliminations or to clarify murky points.

That's not the stance I can take when pursuing to be conftown though.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 329, Servant Archer wrote:It also seems strange to have a miller and a "miller-proof" cop - unless we also have a non-miller proof cop, and I don't know how likely it is that Cabd would give us multiple cops
Considering that a lot of these super abilities are probably ***** and that it would take 5 days/nights to charge, most of these abilities will probably not see usage without outside help.

And I don't really believe the miller claim and feel like it was mostly done in reaction to Assassin indicating he had a cop-like ability.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 333, Servant Beast wrote:Quit trollin' you know you love being here. Or else you'd have left already.
I just thought it was funny that you townread yourself.

You should already know your own alignment, right?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 337, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 329, Servant Archer wrote:It also seems strange to have a miller and a "miller-proof" cop - unless we also have a non-miller proof cop, and I don't know how likely it is that Cabd would give us multiple cops
Considering that a lot of these super abilities are probably ***** and that it would take 5 days/nights to charge, most of these abilities will probably not see usage without outside help.

And I don't really believe the miller claim and feel like it was mostly done in reaction to Assassin indicating he had a cop-like ability.
I agree with the last paragraph and I want to believe assassin is lying.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 338, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 333, Servant Beast wrote:Quit trollin' you know you love being here. Or else you'd have left already.
I just thought it was funny that you townread yourself.

You should already know your own alignment, right?
Oh you.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 331, Servant Berserker wrote:Why should I want to give Saber the master? Something that is not about mechanics.
@Beast
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Saber, I genuinely doubt anything I could say would convince them about what cereal they should eat tomorrow let alone get them to go all in on another person.

They just need to reach their own conclusions if they're town and I'd be wasting my time if they were scum.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 337, Servant Rider wrote:Considering that a lot of these super abilities are probably ***** and that it would take 5 days/nights to charge, most of these abilities will probably not see usage without outside help.

So you believe Assassin's claim, but you don't believe Avengers?

If that is the case, why would Assassin's ability apparently include wording to make it clear that their cop investigation sees through a miller?

I am not sure where I fall on believing neither/one/both at this point :/
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Alter is another player that is very clearly not the type to listen to others. They're off solvin' and that's fine if detrimental and unlikely to be very accurate.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

I am excited to see their wall posts though. I can tell they're a waller.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:56 pm

You seem very critical of everyone else. Why is that?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 343, Servant Archer wrote:So you believe Assassin's claim, but you don't believe Avengers?

If that is the case, why would Assassin's ability apparently include wording to make it clear that their cop investigation sees through a miller?
Their abilities are incompatible. So I don't really understand this dichotomy.

This assumes his cop-ability acts in the traditional sense, which is not what I had assumed when he originally claimed anyway. But that just may be because I'm used to seeing different variations of investigative actions.

I don't know if I believe his claim or not. I mostly just voted for him because I needed to sleep and he claimed a strong ability.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 346, Servant Berserker wrote:You seem very critical of everyone else. Why is that?
I'm fairly critical of myself and I don't really get why you think you should get this grail over another town player who comes off as pretty genuine. You're colder and harder to read.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 259, Servant Ruler wrote:To this end, while Servant Archer may have declared they're not the best choice for mastership, they are the first servant who I feel lacks corruption. In the rvs, it is difficult to reliably differentiate between the pure and the corrupt, however, Servant Archer seems to genuinely be integrating into our group without deliberately trying; Servant Archer's early stances appear pure of heart.
In post 270, Servant Ruler wrote:Were we to be in a stage where we were to eliminate the corrupt with our votes, 162 would earn it from Servant Foreigner. If Servant Foreigner is corrupt, I believe 164 provides evidence Servant Assassin is pure. 170/171 do nothing to dissuade me from my belief in Servant Foreigner's corruption, but on a surface level may indicate the ones attacked are pure. (Admittedly though, it's not impossible for Servant Caster to be engaged in theatrics. The later stages of page 8 make me inclined to believe otherwise, that Servant Caster may be pure of heart.)
These two @alter-ego. For the 2nd specifically the theatric comment wrt caster/foreigner as my thoughts hovered there at page 7 until page 8. I know you found the archer comment trivial but his first post jump-started my town read of him as it did for Ruler.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”