Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:11 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 1122, geraintm wrote:need more people to contribute and pick apart my logic - and people to be wary of people poking holes in it doing so from the assumption i am scum.
i think i am painting a consistent picture from my point of view and the limited knowledge i have and i need others - working from the same assumption i am - on where i am going wrong.
I am not assuming you are scum with my argument for you being scum. That would be circular reasoning.

You didn't want anyone to do anything because there was something that needed to be resolved (what happened the night before), but what I'm suggesting is scummy is that you didn't want us to do anything at all, irregardless of the Doctor's relevancy to the situation. That is actively trying to halt the game dead, which doesn't allow us to progress and, more importantly, is not a town thing to do.

The above argument does not assume you are scum, it concludes with you being scum.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1112, Rannygazoo wrote:Has anyone played with A50? Do they tend to prefer logical plays or moonshot intuitive plays?
In my experience, A50 has a very eccentric, hard-to-read playstyle, so I would say the second option seeing as it's definitely not the first.
In post 1117, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Geraintm, you were actively bringing the game to a halt because one player wasn't present, and now they're dead.
The issue I have with this is that geraint quite openly didn't want the day to end prematurely, so the fault lies with those who ignored him, not geraint himself.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:44 am

In post 1126, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1117, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Geraintm, you were actively bringing the game to a halt because one player wasn't present, and now they're dead.
The issue I have with this is that geraint quite openly didn't want the day to end prematurely, so the fault lies with those who ignored him, not geraint himself.
I can accept that it's not completely gerain's fault that D2 was rough, but what I'm arguing is that Geraintm didn't want the game to progress
at all
until the Doctor came back. That is what I'm taking issue with. He wanted the game to just, stop. No talking about anything, don't try scumhunting with the info we currently have, and don't try to clear townies from the PoE. That is scummy as hell.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

We would have been better off if that happened.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 1121, Titus wrote:
In post 1111, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1109, Titus wrote:I don't feel as secure on Egix scum.

Also, I'm pretty sure geratim is locktown given both "masons" are voting there.
Wait, so who does this leave as the 3rd scum in your solve? I'm confirmed town by Roden, DBG is almost confirmed town...
I'm not solving the game today. I was a little early to call g locktown but he's highly likely town. I am going for the obvious scum and going forward from there. Egix can be scum but I am not as certain. That does not mean I TR Egix.
I’m not asking you to pick one possibile final solve out of many, but I do ask that your partial solve be at least possible.

I don’t think the scum team is VFP, Jake, Egix. I don’t know why a scum neighborizer would pick
KidAmn and then (real or pretend) pick his buddies.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

And then slip that VFP is an encryptor.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 1057, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1054, Rannygazoo wrote:Egix, why did you neighborize VFP? Whose idea was it, and how much did you discuss it?
Jake suggested targeting VFP so that scum couldn't sever the link between us by killing Jake.
Later on, Jake told me that they had discussed with VFP, and that they had agreed that I should target the latter.
Could Jake have been steering Egix away from a strongman?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1123, geraintm wrote:

Wait, so who does this leave as the 3rd scum in your solve? I'm confirmed town by Roden, DBG is almost confirmed town...
I'm not solving the game today. I was a little early to call g locktown but he's highly likely town. I am going for the obvious scum and going forward from there. Egix can be scum but I am not as certain. That does not mean I TR Egix.
titus, as you have the vote on VFP i'd appreciate it if you could check my logic.

if you assume i am town

then VFP + Jake are scum, because otherwise scum would have joined the wagon to eliminate me

this is consistent with if you are town voting for VFP why scum have not joined the wagon on VFP to eliminate them for the win

the alternative is

I am scum
this means that Jake and VFP are both town.
this means that you have to be scum, because if you are town i would have joined your vote along with my two partners for the win.

i think there are some other scenarios where both VFP and Jake are scum and you are scum too and that is why none of the wagons have succeeded yet.

is the above making sense? where does my logic fall down?
The logic on if you're town is solid.

If you are scum, VFP and Jake do not have to be town. They could be bussing to set up a win.

The setup where I am scum with the masons is an outside possibility to anyone else in theory but should be excluded based on our interactions today.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Titus »

I don't agree with the three of you are scum theory due to play today but it is possible logically.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1130, Rannygazoo wrote:And then slip that VFP is an encryptor.
The problem I have with VFP being an encryptor isn't the truth of the matter. I buy he's an encryptor. I don't see the healthy logic on how masons have no abilities then claiming mason with an ability.

@geratim, There also may be a problem with scheduling for a quickhammer in all scenarios.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:16 am

In post 1128, Rannygazoo wrote:We would have been better off if that happened.
Sure, if we had done nothing on Day 2, we would have gotten more information from the Doctor, granted.

However, that is not what I'm suggesting.

I'm sugesting the most sensible and pro-town play would have been to continue the day as normal
AND
hold off an execution until a Doctor replacement came in to tell us what happened.

Is there any confusion as to what is in my argument? Is there anything you do not understand? Please tell me, it would be much less annoying to hear them all in one place than to have it crop up later.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:18 am

Post by VFP »

In post 1132, Titus wrote:If you are scum, VFP and Jake do not have to be town. They could be bussing to set up a win.
It's arguable that you're doing the same.
It's more plausible Gera is flipping scum here.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Titus »

I acknowledged that VFP. It's theoretically possible but it sounds like you're trying to keep me in the elimination pool after you flip scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1131, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1057, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1054, Rannygazoo wrote:Egix, why did you neighborize VFP? Whose idea was it, and how much did you discuss it?
Jake suggested targeting VFP so that scum couldn't sever the link between us by killing Jake.
Later on, Jake told me that they had discussed with VFP, and that they had agreed that I should target the latter.
Could Jake have been steering Egix away from a strongman?
I would've targeted Titus were it not for Jake's suggestion, so yeah, there is that.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:18 am

To be fair, having a chat where we can discuss a gameplan without mafia influence or listening in is a good thing.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 1138, Egix96 wrote:I would've targeted Titus were it not for Jake's suggestion, so yeah, there is that.
That’s interesting. Did you tell Jake you were going to target Titus before he suggested that?

Another question:
In post 1023, Egix96 wrote:the power of my role lies in strongman-finding, not neighbour-making.
Why go along with neighborizing VFP and missing a chance to find the strongman?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1140, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1138, Egix96 wrote:I would've targeted Titus were it not for Jake's suggestion, so yeah, there is that.
That’s interesting. Did you tell Jake you were going to target Titus before he suggested that?

Another question:
In post 1023, Egix96 wrote:the power of my role lies in strongman-finding, not neighbour-making.
Why go along with neighborizing VFP and missing a chance to find the strongman?
- Yes, I did.
- Because Jake had shown me his crumb, I Occam's Razored the claim as being true. So with the exact scum team being revealed under that presumption, as well as the doc already being dead, would finding the strongman really have mattered?
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

VFP as mafia encryptor/Titus as strongman/Jake as goon is starting to look like how we win.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:11 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1134, Titus wrote:@geratim, There also may be a problem with scheduling for a quickhammer in all scenarios.
the game has gone through enough time now that scum could have just gotten the votes together. it didnt even need to be quick, they would have just got there.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:14 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1132, Titus wrote:
In post 1123, geraintm wrote:

titus, as you have the vote on VFP i'd appreciate it if you could check my logic.

if you assume i am town

then VFP + Jake are scum, because otherwise scum would have joined the wagon to eliminate me

this is consistent with if you are town voting for VFP why scum have not joined the wagon on VFP to eliminate them for the win

the alternative is

I am scum
this means that Jake and VFP are both town.
this means that you have to be scum, because if you are town i would have joined your vote along with my two partners for the win.

i think there are some other scenarios where both VFP and Jake are scum and you are scum too and that is why none of the wagons have succeeded yet.

is the above making sense? where does my logic fall down?
The logic on if you're town is solid.

If you are scum, VFP and Jake do not have to be town. They could be bussing to set up a win.

The setup where I am scum with the masons is an outside possibility to anyone else in theory but should be excluded based on our interactions today.
unless someone comes up with a very good reason for me not to, i plan join you in voting VFP tomorrow night.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:32 am

In post 1142, Rannygazoo wrote:VFP as mafia encryptor/Titus as strongman/Jake as goon is starting to look like how we win.
Go ahead. Execute me and lose the fucking game. Execute me despite me softing in early Day 1 being a mason (which means I was always intending to claim mason, by the way) because apparently only Mafia claim masons.

Here's a thought: There is no strongman, and the Strongman Finder/Neighborizor is just a named Neighborizor, to throw us off about what the scum really have.
Here's another thought: VFP is an encryptor to act as a quasi miller that, when added to a neighborhood, will make them look suspicious.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I really don't know what to think.

The scum is winning for a reason: they're good at it.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 am

Post by geraintm »

scum are winning because town was dumb. i honestly think we can pull this back though
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 1145, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1142, Rannygazoo wrote:VFP as mafia encryptor/Titus as strongman/Jake as goon is starting to look like how we win.
Go ahead. Execute me and lose the fucking game. Execute me despite me softing in early Day 1 being a mason (which means I was always intending to claim mason, by the way) because apparently only Mafia claim masons.

Here's a thought: There is no strongman, and the Strongman Finder/Neighborizor is just a named Neighborizor, to throw us off about what the scum really have.
Here's another thought: VFP is an encryptor to act as a quasi miller that, when added to a neighborhood, will make them look suspicious.
So that post concerns you, but you're relatively unconcerned about Titus voting your mason buddy VFP.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:08 am

I see Titus as scum, and you as conftown. I'm not particularly interested in who the scum is voting for here, but if the conftown votes another (in my eyes) conftown, then it's pretty much game over.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”