StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Can I say, I really dislike Sang Frod's D1 Cop claim just in general?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 701, StrangeMatter wrote:Can I say, I really dislike Sang Frod's D1 Cop claim just in general?
Yes
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by sang froid »

so I'd mostly just seen some of her ISO in relation to the Roden/noraa conflict, and I will say that upon reading (well, semi-reading, semi-skimming) it's better than I thought
In post 67, Noraa wrote:
Rather than constantly discrediting me
, I'd appreciate if you just answered my questions.
Because if you are town here, you are making me SR you far more than you would if you just answered questions instead of being super defensive
. I haven't even told you why I SR you. Relax and answer my questions. I have yet to give a solid read. Currently I only have suspicions but they mean nothing if I end up thinking you are town. If you are town, you have nothing to worry about.
In post 72, Noraa wrote:
In post 43, Roden wrote:Not sure what to think of Bakslash avoiding participating in RVS.
I think scum would want to blend in and throw a random vote out though
This was the first post that I had an issue with. It looks pretty simple upon first seeing it but I keep getting ominous feelings from it.
I worry because it feels like it has ulterior motives to it. Calling out Bakslash is so random and specific given at this point in time there were multiple players who hadn't even posted. What makes you think bakslash is specifically avoiding? The part that worries me the most is the bolded part. I keep getting ominous feelings because it feels very .... idk tricky and slippery.
Like I feel like its very simple and straightforward but it's also kind of saying "look I didn't just throw a random vote out to blend in. I must be town" and that level of the simplest manipulation really just makes me think noob scum.
I'm biased because noob scum me was 100% like that but I understand not all newbies are like me. But I just keep getting ominous feelings about this post. Idk this is one of my biggest issues with you atm. Lets talk this out please.
In post 51, Roden wrote:
In post 44, Noraa wrote:I currently have three scum reads life is just beautiful ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three scum reads this early? What's your metric?
In post 57, Roden wrote:
In post 55, Noraa wrote:
In post 53, Roden wrote:I think you're reading too much into RVS.

VOTE: StrangeMatter
I also think you are scum. Tell me why Strange matter is scum and you aren't "reading too much into RVS" or is that just another RVS vote?
For bonus points, figure out why I think you are scum
Kinda figured I was one of your three.

Pretty sure I know why you think I'm scum. I won't entertain your reasoning though because it's pretty flimsy, and we both know you're just gauging me anyway.
The progression from shock that I had three scum reads to being like "I figured I was one of them" read kind of self conscious and fake.
I'm more worried about the fake part since i guess I could see town thinking I was talking about them and brushing it off to not seem self conscious. I totally see that since I do that occasionally and subconsciously a lot of the time also.

To clarify, the fake part is kinda like the asking what my metric was which is not something I typically would expect town to ask there because idk it feels like covering up fakeness(the shock). I might be reading too much into this tbh.
In post 65, Roden wrote:
In post 63, Noraa wrote:
In post 57, Roden wrote:How much/how little it takes for something to ping you.
even the faintest sense that scum is nearby can ping me
That sounds like a pretty useless scum radar to me. Townies do scummy shit all the time.
In post 62, Noraa wrote:
In post 57, Roden wrote:Pretty sure I know why you think I'm scum. I won't entertain your reasoning though because it's pretty flimsy, and we both know you're just gauging me anyway.
Mind telling me what my flimsy reasoning is? or at least why you think I SR you? I do but you can get town points for answering correctly :D
I don't think your town points mean much if I can get scum points just for commenting on Bakslash's post.
This was all SOOOO defensive
. I'm not a fan but I don't feel as strongly about this post since I've seen defensive townies that will discredit as a way to defend themselves.
so first up, I don't think that Roden was constantly discrediting her atp (I haven't gone back to check but I don't remember that being a feature of his ISO when I was skimming it pre-poaching)

secondly I dislike the constant attempts to (1) frame Roden as particularly defensive and then (2) to frame that as scummy when I don't think it's a reliable tell. also bothered by her noting that it's not a great basis for a read and then continuing to point it out

and lastly, that just felt super, super reachy to me
In post 74, Noraa wrote:
In post 69, Roden wrote:
In post 67, Noraa wrote:Rather than constantly discrediting me, I'd appreciate if you just answered my questions. Because if you are town here, you are making me SR you far more than you would if you just answered questions instead of being super defensive. I haven't even told you why I SR you. Relax and answer my questions. I have yet to give a solid read. Currently I only have suspicions but they mean nothing if I end up thinking you are town. If you are town, you have nothing to worry about.
Your attempts at intimidating me aren't gonna work, sorry. Your question has zero calories and adds nothing to the game. Telling me to relax when you're the one getting riled up is some interesting projection though.
Man are you defensive.
Oh well I'll still try to work with you if I believe you are town. We'll see :)
the above also feels like it's deliberately antagonistic and is a very strange thing to post if you genuinely have any interest in working with Roden
In post 135, Noraa wrote:
In post 128, Illwei wrote:
In post 105, Noraa wrote: I find this funny because I find your vote on Roden to be way more opportunistic than anything else that has happened in this game. I don't know what you're trying to do here tbh but im alright with it because im still scum leaning Roden atm.
This feels like a strange double standard to me in a way tbh

I'm not sure of the meta here but my vote is very fluid. I'll vote what I'm thinking when I'm thinking it rather than just say something. In this case it's mostly a vibes vote rn. Dismissive instead of defensive works for them, but their responses to you didn't feel great to me. un momento.
It probably feels strange. I'd SR you if I didn't already SR like too many people. Who knows. You might get to skip the line of SRs if you be more scummy but for now ur at the bottom of my worries pile.
In post 248, Noraa wrote:Both scum are in this pool and
im close to 100% sure of it

{Illwei, piisirrational/Bakslash, Roden, Bimblesticks, ItalianoVD}

if any of them start pushing outside of the pool, that's gonna look bad
because im certain that Strangematter, Grandpa Mo, and Bulge are town. I think it's pretty obvious that I am town but if anyone wants to challenge that, go ahead.
I dislike the professed level of confidence (like, no) and the suggestion that it's scummy for anyone in that pool to be looking outside of it when I think the only person who's strongly town outside of her pool is strangematter
"Mafia isn't about making or keeping friendships.
It's about slowly becoming a bitter and awful person that everyone resents."

~Cheetory6
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 701, StrangeMatter wrote:Sang Frod
I may have to register this account

~Cheetory6
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 657, Lukewarm wrote:Okay -- my first step of meta homework was to go back to the Aliensitter game -- where you claimed it was NAI, to see how you presented it as NAI. I was hoping you linked games where you did it as townie, but this is what I got
In post 1533, GrandpaMo wrote:ps: i love claiming pr as VT. i use to do all the time in voice mafia / mafia.gg especially considering the fact that i could throw mafia off. and i have gained a habit of doing so as town/scum (that's why you shouldn't really focus on my claim being AI) all the time in a game. and yes sometimes, I do uh throw by accident and don't realize I get actual town pr condemned lol. but its more of in closed games i do it and this isn't a closed game which is like eh i guess i could do it but i would need to adapt dynamic playstyle where specific town knows what I am doing and scum doesn't just to throw scum off.
In that game, you said that you normally do that in closed setups -- so why did you decide to do it in this kind of set up?

In that game, you claimed that to cc as town would "basically be throwing" and that sometimes you "thrown by accident" -- if you are aware of that risk, why did you do it in this game?

I was hoping for links of times you have done this as town, but there were none. Can you link any town example for me now?
oh i forgot this game was newbie LOL

LMFAOOO aye yo this whole time i was thinking this was an open setup wit like cop and medic

im so embarrased anyways um shh
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 657, Lukewarm wrote:Okay -- my first step of meta homework was to go back to the Aliensitter game -- where you claimed it was NAI, to see how you presented it as NAI. I was hoping you linked games where you did it as townie, but this is what I got
In post 1533, GrandpaMo wrote:ps: i love claiming pr as VT. i use to do all the time in voice mafia / mafia.gg especially considering the fact that i could throw mafia off. and i have gained a habit of doing so as town/scum (that's why you shouldn't really focus on my claim being AI) all the time in a game. and yes sometimes, I do uh throw by accident and don't realize I get actual town pr condemned lol. but its more of in closed games i do it and this isn't a closed game which is like eh i guess i could do it but i would need to adapt dynamic playstyle where specific town knows what I am doing and scum doesn't just to throw scum off.
In that game, you said that you normally do that in closed setups -- so why did you decide to do it in this kind of set up?

In that game, you claimed that to cc as town would "basically be throwing" and that sometimes you "thrown by accident" -- if you are aware of that risk, why did you do it in this game?

I was hoping for links of times you have done this as town, but there were none. Can you link any town example for me now?
also ur statement -- isnt this a closed setup? im doing it now in a closed setup lmao . i also done this before in my 2nd ever game? im tryna remember but i remember meme claiming a pr and everyone getting mad at me then lol!voting me
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

also

i think this sticks now

VOTE: Bimblesticks

i still think there is scum between illwee and bimble and both have the same liable scum equity.

plus since everyone know is townreading illwee for some reason. im totally cool for any vote regarding the two.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 705, GrandpaMo wrote:oh i forgot this game was newbie LOL
Can you guess what one fact makes me really squint hardly and lose a few brain cells trying to believe this?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 665, sang froid wrote:I have a hero solve but idk if I wanna out it yet
same lol
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 708, Cabd wrote:
In post 705, GrandpaMo wrote:oh i forgot this game was newbie LOL
Can you guess what one fact makes me really squint hardly and lose a few brain cells trying to believe this?
I KNOW SHUSH

PLS I ACTUALLY FORGOT

i just played an all stars setup yesterday wit vigi, cop, and medic pls
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by sang froid »

cabd why do you scumread Illwei i.e. please explain the generic newbie scum model

~Cheetory6
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 711, sang froid wrote:cabd why do you scumread Illwei i.e. please explain the generic newbie scum model

can i pitch in
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by sang froid »

also your read on bimble would be good

~Cheetory6
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 712, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 711, sang froid wrote:cabd why do you scumread Illwei i.e. please explain the generic newbie scum model

can i pitch in
no

~Cheetory6
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

Replacing into this game through the normal replacement method is impossible. You expliclty sought out the newbie queue where the replacement request was located... You forgot it immediately? Despite it being a newbie being discussed by several players? I mean I've gotta take that to mean you aren't reading posts and uh.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 714, sang froid wrote:

can i pitch in
no
damn

also question, out of that roden and norra interaction you had analyzed just earlier.

who do u think had more scum equity and do u think any of them is scum rn?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 713, sang froid wrote:also your read on bimble would be good
Yeah sure give me a few.

I'm mobile right now at the dinner table.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 715, Cabd wrote:Replacing into this game through the normal replacement method is impossible. You expliclty sought out the newbie queue where the replacement request was located... You forgot it immediately? Despite it being a newbie being discussed by several players? I mean I've gotta take that to mean you aren't reading posts and uh.
i didnt replace and 3 part is like half true

unless u arent talking me then sorry :eyes:
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Cabd »

If I use the term "2020 scumteam" without sarcasm tags will you self immolate? If so go get some burn gel before I start talking in earnest.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

cabd r u scum
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 718, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 715, Cabd wrote:Replacing into this game through the normal replacement method is impossible. You expliclty sought out the newbie queue where the replacement request was located... You forgot it immediately? Despite it being a newbie being discussed by several players? I mean I've gotta take that to mean you aren't reading posts and uh.
i didnt replace and 3 part is like half true

unless u arent talking me then sorry :eyes:
I uh. Sit corrected. Could have sworn you replaced in? It does show you as a replacement but the predecessor never posted. Did you get stolen from the queue instead of being actively replacing in?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 147, Datisi wrote:
GrandpaMo replaces gray.

in the future, please do not post until i announce the replacement.
Wtf you are a replacement dude.

Says so right there.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 716, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 714, sang froid wrote:

can i pitch in
no
damn

also question, out of that roden and norra interaction you had analyzed just earlier.

who do u think had more scum equity and do u think any of them is scum rn?
noraa

I just finished a game where Roden was scum and his posts were both very different to here but also they made me feel an unease in my gut that I don't have here

there are confounding variables like if he was scum in both he might have deliberately tried to pursue different styles in both, but I think this is unlikely because he was broadly very TR in 2069 and I don't see why he'd change a (nearly) winning strat for the hell of it, plus I think playing multiple scum games in different styles is honestly just kinda difficult, or such as me maybe being biased in confidence because I was one of the only people to notice that he felt ~off~ that game on D1 (although I admittedly let myself be talked out of it and put it down to paranoia)

right now I'm unsure but I think lukewarm/roden slot is very town

~Cheetory6
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 717, Cabd wrote:
In post 713, sang froid wrote:also your read on bimble would be good
Yeah sure give me a few.

I'm mobile right now at the dinner table.
that's fine, I'm off to bed soon so may read + respond tomorrow

~Cheetory6

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”