Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1013, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:@mod, question about gravedigger/auction mechanics:

if a player is eliminated by plurality, not nightkill, and has also won the bid on an item, would they have "died with the ability" for the purposes of a gravedigger result, or does the dead player technically gain the ability/win the bid after they are dead?

Basically asking, without asking you to confirm kitty won anything, or that Marci actually targeted kitty:

If kitty won cop d1 and was gravedigged last night, would the gravedigger have seen that kitty died with cop?
yes, the dead player still wins the item, and kitty would have shown with it
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Gypyx »

votecount 3.1Gamma Emerald (1) - ssbm_Kyouko
mastina (0)
Smoke and Mirrors (0)
Cupcake Butterfly (0)
ssbm_Kyouko (1) - Imaginality
Something_Smart (0)
imaginality (3) - Smoke And Mirrors - Gamma Emerald - VFP
marcistar (0)
VFP (2) - mastina - marcistar

not voting (5) - Everyone

day 3 ends in (expired on 2021-07-02 02:48:08)

auctionthe auctioned abilities are :

1-shot Godfather the top bid at mid point was 499

1-shot Tracker the top bid at mid point was 200

2-shot Ninja the top bid at mid point was 500

1-shot Jailkeeper the top bid at mid point was 150
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1099, marcistar wrote:something_smart do u got any reads?
Still catching up, but they haven't changed much since yesterday. I still like VFP, S&M, mastina, and I'm not interested in CB or Gamma today.

Between the rest I'd prefer ssbm today I think, but I'm not opposed to imaginality.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:13 am

In post 1049, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:God, this sounds so fake. :lol:
It sounds like pretty standard VFP to me.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:14 am

Since he's already been outed as Vedith, I can point out that this kind of cockiness is something I remember as being very characteristic of his towngame from way back.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:23 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1102, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1099, marcistar wrote:something_smart do u got any reads?
Still catching up, but they haven't changed much since yesterday. I still like VFP, S&M, mastina, and I'm not interested in CB or Gamma today.

Between the rest I'd prefer ssbm today I think, but I'm not opposed to imaginality.
have u finished catching up yet o-o
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:37 am

No, I had to do something else. Sorry. Be on it in a bit.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1092, imaginality wrote:
In post 1088, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1081, imaginality wrote:I think ssbm_Kyouko deliberately buddied me a bit especially on D2.
Do you have examples?
On a reread I retract this. Maybe it was Cupcake I was thinking of?
Wtf godfather has bids?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I think the numbers have something to say here with the claim info we have but I'll need some time to work with pencil and paper
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Vfp you are the 500 on Ninja right?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by VFP »

Correct.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by VFP »

So unless town wanted to save 1 coin which would be strange, the godfather looks to be scum trying to convince town to spend 500 on a role that currently has no effect (I would hope so).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:15 pm

In post 1085, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:S_S, mastina, did either of you bid more than 325 on cop D1?
No.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by imaginality »

Let's put aside the idea that any townie would be dumb enough to bid 499 on godfather.
For scum to bid for it makes little sense because cop was a one shot role and if town had got cop it's extremely likely we'd have used the shot already.
So therefore scum wouldn't be worried about cop and wouldn't feel the need to get godfather.

My explanation for the godfather bid is it's scum trying to make us believe they think town have cop. So, in contrast, I think cop was likely won by scum and any cop claim for the rest of the game is extremely likely a fake claim.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1111, VFP wrote:So unless town wanted to save 1 coin which would be strange, the godfather looks to be scum trying to convince town to spend 500 on a role that currently has no effect (I would hope so).
In post 1113, imaginality wrote:Let's put aside the idea that any townie would be dumb enough to bid 499 on godfather.
For scum to bid for it makes little sense because cop was a one shot role and if town had got cop it's extremely likely we'd have used the shot already.
So therefore scum wouldn't be worried about cop and wouldn't feel the need to get godfather.

My explanation for the godfather bid is it's scum trying to make us believe they think town have cop. So, in contrast, I think cop was likely won by scum and any cop claim for the rest of the game is extremely likely a fake claim.
Yeah both of these are right to some degree I think
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Any way you slice it, it seems scum are buying godfather atm
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I'm just blown away by how dumb it is
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Mm. I didn't notice that.

If it is a townie, then they should claim it immediately.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s my bid, and here’s the thing with it. I was expecting Kitty to not have actually been able to snag the cop based on thread presence, which would explain why that result was obscured. As such I was thinking scum probably wanted the GF, and wanted to scalp them for it. I left myself one Doge in order to take a power that seemed like it shouldn’t get left behind but was going to. Another point to what I’m doing is that I’m showing I have most of my money intact with the bid.
In addition I think it was smarter for me to bid on a pro-scum role given my largely townread status. Bidding on a PR that’s useful for town adds the risk of getting NKed and wasting that role. Instead I played to hold something scum might want back.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1100, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1013, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:@mod, question about gravedigger/auction mechanics:

if a player is eliminated by plurality, not nightkill, and has also won the bid on an item, would they have "died with the ability" for the purposes of a gravedigger result, or does the dead player technically gain the ability/win the bid after they are dead?

Basically asking, without asking you to confirm kitty won anything, or that Marci actually targeted kitty:

If kitty won cop d1 and was gravedigged last night, would the gravedigger have seen that kitty died with cop?
What pro town reason is there for showing you have most of your money intact?

Not that you do any more, if you're town and scum don't bother outbidding you.

Why would scum assume the cop hadn't used their shot before D3?

And why make the assumption that the other scum wouldn't bid for cop themselves, if they were concerned and Kitty was absent?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I dont think they should, just identifies that their wallet is empty and draws the kill onto someone with a useful role and/or money

Pedit: was kinda upset when I saw you claim it since I didnt post right away but reading whole post i think i get what you're saying regarding the money - that's part of why i claimed what i bid on hitman in "twilight", so scum would be less likely to kill me once they knew I had very little money, a useless pr, and hadn't voiced any TRs.

I had an idea - we already know cyrus didnt win the cop because of his 125-all split. Of the dead, that leaves flea and distance. If Marci digs Distance tonight, and he doesnt have cop, it means Flea won it, unless someone has been holding on to the cop shot or has an inno they're saving. This seems unlikely. Although I'm not sure if digging will show he had the 1-shot cop if he already used it the night he died. I dont know if using the abilities counts as "losing" them since they're x-shot.

The benefit to digging distance over flea is he was around for d2 and he may have died with a power from d2 or d1 that could help us sort out fakeclaims. If we hit scum today though they're probably a better target to dig.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Fwiw, Distance might have been softing an inno on marci.

That obviously would put us in an awkward position if marci reports that Distance had the cop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:04 pm

By the way it makes no sense for scum to go for the godfather two days after the cop came out, and it also makes no sense to prove you have your money by wasting it.

But, I'm not sure if scum-Gamma would come out with so brazen an excuse for taking a role that isn't even useful to him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1119, imaginality wrote:
In post 1100, Gypyx wrote:

What pro town reason is there for showing you have most of your money intact?

Not that you do any more, if you're town and scum don't bother outbidding you.

Why would scum assume the cop hadn't used their shot before D3?

And why make the assumption that the other scum wouldn't bid for cop themselves, if they were concerned and Kitty was absent?
It shows I wasn’t responsible for taking any other roles that other might have suspected scum took.
My guess is that scum would be wanting it for contingency, but I seem to have been proven wrong on that front
On the last thing: they feel rather disorganized given the Flea NK, that seems a bit like out-of-touch scum. So they probably failed to effectively plan out that part of their mechanical play.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1120, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I had an idea - we already know cyrus didnt win the cop because of his 125-all split. Of the dead, that leaves flea and distance. If Marci digs Distance tonight, and he doesnt have cop, it means Flea won it, unless someone has been holding on to the cop shot or has an inno they're saving. This seems unlikely. Although I'm not sure if digging will show he had the 1-shot cop if he already used it the night he died. I dont know if using the abilities counts as "losing" them since they're x-shot.
I actually quite like this thought
I “watched” (caught a good part of it as audio only) the most recent episode of the Mysterious Benedict Society show and there’s a logic problem that kinda works like this in it

@S_S why would that be an awkward position?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”