NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The mechanics And purpose behind the Yin and Yang players aren’t clear enough for me to just blindly assume something like there has to be scum in me/Chara/Pooky just because of something Yin said.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So to limit the elimination to those three based on so little feels shady.
I’d rather consider all players. Or for the purposes of Yin and Yang to become more defined.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If i were to honestly consider an elimination in only Pooky/Chara i’m leaning more on limming Pooky just because he suggested this. Although i was leaning on Chara being scummier beforehand.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Individually i’d still consider Chara an good place to push just for the purposes of me not trusting they aren’t capable of playing the way they are as scum. Even if it feels surface level townie.

- Bunno
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:25 am

Post by clidd »

Spoiler:
In post 515, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 502, Robert M Hunter wrote:
I don't know any Datisi
, Pooky brought something up about a Datisi and I I get this, Datisi and Tanner are the same player?
In post 251, Robert M Hunter wrote:If Tanner flips scum, then Norwee is town,
Datisi is town
, and Flea is town.
???
In post 516, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 505, Robert M Hunter wrote:I see people what to eliminate me on day 1 again. I take that to mean I'm right about Tanner being scum.
Why would that mean your read is correct?
In post 519, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Robert, you clearly knew who Datisi was, or thought they were a person in the game.
So why are you now changing your story by acting like you don't even know who they are?

I have the same questions in mind ^
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:31 am

Post by clidd »

Chara is a decent wagon, though (as Norwegian said above) the npc's suggestion isn't too conclusive to trust.

Ircher is also an equally healthy option.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:39 am

Post by clidd »

My mental image of scum!Pooky isn't complete (I don't know the extent of his scumgame), but from what I've seen so far (based on previous experiences with town!Pooky), he's similar to his towngame here.

Norwegian seems towny too (by play).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:45 am

Post by clidd »

The thing is that Robert hasn't (really) returned to the game.

I would like to see some more substantial updates to his reads (with explanations) or at least some readlist to know where his head is right now before moving on.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i kinda wanna veto robert as being an elim today

he’s only ever going to look scummy imo rather than especially towny with his current rate of content and he feels like someone who if he’s town is easy to steamroll? (i noticed the datisi thing as well but i didn’t find it nai in the whole of it)

like he could be scum but he also doesn’t tell us much

maybe this is pre emptive fear of dawdling too much and settling on a just okay elim close to deadline

don’t ask me who i want more right now because it was infinity but i should reread her
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:54 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata doesn’t think it matters very much if it wouldn’t tell us much if Robert does flip scum, and if he’s likely to be flipped at some point then Nakata thinks it might as well be today.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:56 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata thinks Clidd is a friend.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:00 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i feel like saying x is going to be flipped eventually is a dangerous sentiment because... why?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Ydrasse »

actually like ik you started that with “if he’s scum” as in yes we will flip him eventually but

your vote on him feels gross

and didn’t come with explanation until asked later

VOTE: satoru
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata thinks he will be bait if town and would rather know now than lose the game to a Robert lim later on.

Nakata doesn’t think “he’s only ever going to look scummy” is a good reason to veto him being limmed. Nakata doesn’t think that looking scummy makes someone not scum.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Why should Nakata provide explanation at the time of his votes?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

why do you think he’s a bait? as in why won’t town be able to see scum pushing a badpush on him

if you feel this way about his slot i think you would’ve been more forthright with what you meant in order to actually get him elimmed rather than slapping down a vote passively and only visiting it when asked
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:24 am

Post by Chara »

In post 533, Ydrasse wrote:i kinda wanna veto robert as being an elim today

he’s only ever going to look scummy imo rather than especially towny with his current rate of content and he feels like someone who if he’s town is easy to steamroll? (i noticed the datisi thing as well but i didn’t find it nai in the whole of it)

like he could be scum but he also doesn’t tell us much

maybe this is pre emptive fear of dawdling too much and settling on a just okay elim close to deadline

don’t ask me who i want more right now because it was infinity but i should reread her
i'm fine being cautious of LHF, but if you don't have a good reason to townread him i don't see why he's a bad wagon. and a "low-info" scum elim is better than a higher info miselim every time.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Chara »

not to be easy to pocket but i do like Norwee's posting on this page. i know he was also in the three that Yin said had scum in it so grain of salt but i also really don't think Yin (or Yang but Yin seems to have more info) would actually function as some kind of group cop.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Chara »

In post 518, Amy Dunne wrote:Chara what are your current reads? Saying you want to tr people doesn’t actually tell us much.
i've given the reads i do have. and "i want to TR Ydrasse and Tweetie" means i TR them.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Chara »

i really don't like Pooky trusting Yin's word on there being scum in that group, there is no evidence he's being truthful with his other answers and it's a super convenient way to put a vote down on me after townreading me.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 490, clidd wrote:@Tanner

Initially he pinged me as scummy, but after I started theorizing about his course of action in a scum!Robert scenario, it didn't make much sense that he specifically selected you to push, mostly because of the cost-benefit.

He attracted a lot of attention to himself and ignored your town ping on him to go into a 1v1. If you were the one who went to him first, it would make more sense for scum!him to respond appropriately with a scumread, but he was the one who went after you and started the conflict, which is why I don't see a plausible *scum motivation* in his actions (and made me reconsider the initial impression on him).
i don't really see the issue with cost-benefit - at the time of his push, i was a relatively popular scumread, having a few votes on me and not having gotten into the game yet. so not like my "vague townping on robert" was worth much of anything or like he had much to lose there. besides, he's not familiar with my game, i wouldn't say it's unlikely that scum!him thought i was a relatively easy townie to push, not being aware that a shitpush on my slot is exactly what i needed to wake up.
In post 492, clidd wrote:Freeze after lighting a spark between the two of you would also be terrible for his credibility. Would scum!Robert just not care about that?
i don't think it's an issue of not caring, i think it's an issue of not *knowing* how to respond to the new information because he was hoping his push on me would be enough to show that he's solving, at least for the time being. like, look at his recent posts, does this look like a townie who's genuinely evaluating the game:
In post 502, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 327, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why did Robert think Datisi was in the game and which player?
This seems like something we should really know.
I don't know any Datisi, Pooky brought something up about a Datisi and I I get this, Datisi and Tanner are the same player?
well first of all, this is a lie, you played in a game i modded, but giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you've genuinely forgotten about me - the second part still feels off. it has been confirmed multiple times, by me as well, that this is an alt of datisi. again, one of the major points about why i'm scum (shutting down townreads of other people) has been showed to be moot (as i was shutting down a townread of myself), and there's no explanation or response from him, just more playing dumb. he's obviously not bothering to even *read* my response to him.
In post 505, Robert M Hunter wrote:I see people what to eliminate me on day 1 again. I take that to mean I'm right about Tanner being scum.
this also makes no sense. like, unless this is trying to say that i'm scum, and i panicked, and i told all my scumbuddies to immediately dogpile on robert... what is this even supposed to mean?
your eyes on the city.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Chara »

In post 468, clidd wrote:
In post 450, Chara wrote:
In post 444, clidd wrote:Maybe it's just your mental process, but I don't understand how interpreting an exchange of votes occurring in seconds would give you any idea of ​​performative/genuine action from me. Regardless, I'm comfortable with you atm after seeing your recent posts.
what about Tweet's posting do you actually like? it looks like she just made "some posts" and you're okay to townlean her again even though you disagree/don't understand any of her process.
I felt transparency of thought from to .

My doubt was regarding the initial question () she directed at me and also the fact that I was not detecting any towny particles during the time she was addressing the mech talk, but both were outweighed by my current positive impression of her latest post sequence. So, yeah, I'm fine with leaning town on her again (for now).

What do you think about my process?
i do agree, i didn't find Tweetie's earlier mech-posting all that readable, but she did pick it up during those posts and mybread became a positive one at about the same time.

it didn't feel like there was a lot of transparency to your posting but this response has been better, i can see the angle.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 509, Amy Dunne wrote:Seriously? Clidd is probably my strongest tr so far.
good for you, was there a point in posting this? (also, please don't quote full wallposts if you're gonna respond to one line. highlight the relevant part, then quote.)
In post 512, Amy Dunne wrote:I think Robert’s probably town. Town!TSE made a very similar kind of slip in a game he was in.
for one, robert is (probably) not tse, but do you maybe want to link this?
In post 525, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The mechanics And purpose behind the Yin and Yang players aren’t clear enough for me to just blindly assume something like there has to be scum in me/Chara/Pooky just because of something Yin said.
+1. yin said he's a thief. until we have more info as to what the hell his role is here, i don't think we should be listening to what he's saying. besides, i highly *highly* doubt hectic + isis would make a game where townies can just ask an npc for who the scum is, and that they would give an honest answer.

also saying this right now, if robert ever flips scum this game, nakata is locktown and i'm deathtunnelling ydrasse until one of us is dead.
your eyes on the city.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Chara »

In post 494, clidd wrote:Alternatively, he could just be scum who made a simple mistake and decided to avoid/abandon the game (or had some outside interference), but that's not a satisfactory explanation given the way he navigated the suspicion on you.
this whole sequence of posts reminds me of me when i start overthinking a player's mindset to figure out why they're doing what they're doing and convince myself they have to be town. it's not a slam-dunk but there's also little benefit i see from scum clidd deciding to defend a hypothetical town Robert here. taking Robert's alignment out of the question i would say i like it.

i am hoping Robert returns, and he isn't just busy and is going to be replaced, that's ok too. but i don't agree that he's just LHF and that means we leave the slot be even if it doesn't end up towntelling.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Chara »

i think Yin said he's a thief because the character he's being is a phantom thief.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”