Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Cabd »

With 14 players alive, it will take 8 votes to burn a servant.

Moon Cancer (2): Alter Ego, Foreigner
Alter Ego (1): Moon Cancer
Foreigner (1): Avenger

Deadline: (expired on 2021-07-12 00:17:51)

Page Usage: 3/42
Last edited by Cabd on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Town: Beast, Alter, Archer, Assassin, Berserker, Shielder(6)

Not sure: Foreigner, Avenger, Rider, Moon cancer. Ruler, Saber, Lancer, Caster (8)
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Servant Beast »

VOTE: Foreigner
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 804, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 796, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:VOTE: Alter Ego
The amount of townreads on this is worrying.
I’m gonna be captain obvious and point out that alter just voted you so this feels a lot like OMGUS

I find it very difficult to believe that a scumread purely predicated on the basis of someone else being townread too much is genuine. (Caster made the same argument about Berserker and his master selection facing no opposition and look how that turned out.) What about alter’s
content
do you scumread?
Alter Ego has been in the bottom of my reads for a very long time. Check my ISO for reason(s).
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

I would like some detailed reasonings for all of your reads please.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:00 am

It doesn’t have to be a wall, just more specific than “this is a town post. This is a scum post” because as is, playing like an enigma has you in the hot seat.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Servant Saber »

I hate the argument by Ruler that Alter linked me to. It boils down to scum have nothing to gain by going against the grain. Scum have plenty to gain by going against the grain, if the grain doesn't suit them.

Any action can benefit town or scum. It's a question of intent and belief. I don't believe Moon's reads changed that quickly and his intent appears to be to throw mud and see what sticks.

VOTE: Moon Caster
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 830, Servant Berserker wrote:It doesn’t have to be a wall, just more specific than “this is a town post. This is a scum post” because as is, playing like an enigma has you in the hot seat.
Is this to me?
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:04 pm

Moon.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

I do apologize for a reduced presence. I am suffering from some ailment of the mind and require rest to recover.

I can still contribute with this;
VOTE: Servant Foreigner
As previously stated, they are the most corrupt slot in the game with the highest chance of removing corruption from the elimination.
In post 601, Servant Alter Ego wrote:my theory had been that Ruler was seeking to discredit Saber out of fear.
Discrediting would be rather difficult for me to do, given that the act of discrediting is inherently an act of corruption. ;)
In post 605, Servant Berserker wrote:Yeah, her simultaneously being aware and unaware of what's going on in recent times seems too convenient for me. Good catch.
While I am aware of this scumtell and am a user of it myself to hunt the corrupt, it is subject to meta of the individual as there are players who display that behavior even when pure of heart. Though I am not certain, my first guess for
Servant Shielder
's identity was that they were among the players to display this behavior regardless of alignment.
In post 607, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Read some ISOs because I'm bored and restless. A bit leery of the scumreads being expressed on Rider. That feels like a slot scum would see as low hanging fruit.
A slot appearing as 'low hanging fruit' does not mean the slot cannot be corrupt. I realize my read on
Servant Rider
is comparatively weak and largely based on process of elimination from the slots I believe are pure of heart, but I do in fact not see goodness within them.
In post 624, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:My reads have settled down, except on Beast and Shielder. I am not sure what to make of this claim Day 1.
In a 14-player game with 4 scum, even with the benefits of a conftown D1, double-elimination D1, and the conftown being immune to death prior to N2, I would expect the gathered servants of justice to need considerably more strength than normal. This game is almost a mini but with 4 scum instead of 3.

As such, I buy the claim of the individuals involved being pure of heart. We need every advantage possible to offset the extra corrupt individual. After all, just because we have two possible eliminations on D1 does not mean we hit corrupt individuals. What good does the double-elimination D1 do us if we hit good individuals twice with it? Assuming the corruption's kill goes through, that leaves us on D2 with a 7v4 situation, and potentially 5v4 on D3. Given the delay in activating our noble phantasms, in the worst case scenario, the gathered servants of justice need advantages beyond our ultimate power and the master mechanic.
In post 636, Servant Berserker wrote:I’ve been coming around to the thought that Saber might be scum but would appreciate a case from those scumreading them.
My plan is to do this after a
Servant Foreigner
elimination. My first effort is on eliminating the guaranteed corrupt before focusing on the probably corrupt. I do not wish to divide our attention between two different individuals and end up with us eliminating neither.
In post 663, Servant Lancer wrote:What is it about this town/game/slot that made you think Rider could be POE-scum and not LHF?
1: What makes you think the ideas of 'poe-scum' and 'player who is LHF' are mutually exclusive? Nothing about those two terms means they cannot overlap; players who are traditionally low-hanging fruit can still end up corrupt.

2: The presence of a rather large number of players who have fairly strong reasons to be pure of heart. If the majority of the gathered servants of justice have good reason to be pure of heart, the chances of those outside the group being corrupt are disproportionately higher.
In post 654, Servant Lancer wrote:1) Ruler put rider in her preferred-elim pile as a “throwaway,” claiming that the only elim she actually wants is foreigner’s and rider is just there to fill the spot.
That is correct.

I am aware there are four corrupt slots and I am only truly seeing signs of corruption from three. (
Servants Foreigner, Saber, and Rider
.) Of them, I wished to give some time to further reflect on
Servant Saber
at the time, thus the stated second preference on
Servant Rider
, who I admit is not so much a read I see as corrupt (there are possible signs but they are all weak) so much as a read where I simply do not see anything from them indicating them to be pure of heart.

I am aware this means I am writing off too many players as good. (I shall elaborate on this shortly.)

However, for D1, having too many townreads is better than the inverse, especially with a double-elimination, as I do not think it an issue as long as I have at least two names to eliminate today. Eliminate the players outside the initially-too-wide pure-of-heart player pool today, then reevaluate on D2 to see which of the players I initially placed there to see who does not belong.

I believe it is time for me to give a better separation of my reads:
Above Reproach/Absolutely Pure of Heart
:

Servant Beast*
Servant Shielder*
Servant Berserker*

Servant Archer:
I am absolutely sure that this is
Servant Archer
as pure of heart. As one of the only servants whose identities I feel fairly confident on, he is one of the few I can back my already-existing pure of heart read on with meta.
Servant Archer
's posts are strongly good, but there are players who can appear that way while corrupt; knowing
Servant Archer
's identity leads me to believe this is beyond the range of their abilities as a corrupt individual and thus, they are my strongest pure of heart read.

*Role-based

Above Reproach
For a Few Phases
/Very Highly Likely Pure of Heart
:

Servants Caster, Lancer:
My feelings on both of these slots is similar. Both are as strongly showing their pure of heartness as
Servant Archer
and the only thing keeping them from joining his ranks is that I know not their identities and it is possible the reasons I am reading them as good are things they are capable of when corrupt. Lacking knowing their identities, they are the strongest possible pure-of-heart read I can have.

Above Reproach
Today
/Highly Likely Pure of Heart
:

Servant Alter Ego:
I almost placed
Servant Alter Ego
in the same tier as
Servants Caster and Lancer
, however, intuition gave me some reserves about them in comparison. Whereas I feel
Servants Caster and Lancer
cannot realistically be corrupt, I could not say the same in my own heart about
Servant Alter Ego
, but I feel bad about this, as
Servant Alter Ego
has been strongly pure of heart in their posting.

Would Prefer not to Eliminate
Today
/Likely Pure of Heart
:

Servant Assassin:
I feel their posting has been reasonably pure of heart, indicating they are more likely good than not, but it is not nearly to the extent of my other reads. They have a few things going for them, but are not the clearly town levels of the above. Their claim could be a gamemaster-provided safeclaim, but I am also inclined to believe the claim.

Servant Moon Cancer:
Though my heart of heart tells me deep in my intuition that they are very strongly pure of heart, I realize I have not much to objectify my read here beyond disagreeing with the strong distaste of the slot. I do not think
Servant Moon Cancer
's contributions indicate they are corrupt, but I have little to substantiate this claim.

???/I Cannot Track
:

Servant Avenger:
Their claim is neither good nor evil to me as I can see either alignment making it. Their contributions have been decent, and I admit that they share many of my takes so unless they are bussing they are less likely to be partnered with those I have fingered as corrupt, but in spite of this, I cannot find myself actually locking them down as pure of heart; I am struggling to read them as anything.

Secondary Elimination Candidates/Decent Chance of Corruption
:

Servants Saber, Rider:
See above sections.

Preferred Primary Elimination/Corrupt to the Core
:

Servant Foreigner:
I will need to explain this read further I imagine, and shall do so when able to.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

In post 729, Servant Lancer wrote:every time I hit submit I have a moment of panic that I accidentally main-slipped
Not a problem if you use a different skin on the alt from your main.
In post 741, Servant Assassin wrote:And Ruler should become 100% town to everyone (finally).
I realize
Servant Berserker
did not end up corrupt, but I am curious; to what logic does this follow? I was one of their strongest and earliest of supporters and among the first to vote there, preferring
Servant Berserker
to both alternatives. How would I be made pure of heart from that? I would think it the opposite.
In post 781, Servant Caster wrote:like it would be a real shame if the entire scum team was in the awol section of the game.
The usual site meta is 1-2 corrupt individuals tryharding compared to 2-4 corrupt individuals who do practically nothing.

Disappointing as that may be to you, that is reality. Identity obscuration does nothing to shift this.
In post 831, Servant Saber wrote: It boils down to scum have nothing to gain by going against the grain. Scum have plenty to gain by going against the grain, if the grain doesn't suit them.
Sure! If going against the grain is done strongly, it benefits them!

Do you think that the, empty, blank, readslist, with zero reasoning and backing, which went against the grain, provides any benefit to
Servant Moon Cancer
?

It should be apparent it gives a corrupt individual nothing. It gives them no leeway, it gives them no leverage, it provides them nothing. They could literally choose to not post and be better off in terms of effect on the gamestate.
In post 831, Servant Saber wrote:Any action can benefit town or scum. It's a question of intent and belief.
Precisely! What intent does throwing a reasonless readslist do for the corrupt?

I can think of none, as it does not accomplish your stated 'throwing mud to see what sticks'. It was after all a
reasonless
readslist. There is nothing it
could
stick to.

I can think of plenty of intent behind a reasonless readslist for the pure of heart. Stating their beliefs for a start. Seeing how people interact with the list. Gauging reactions to the list to generate more refined content. I am intimately familiar with the tactic of, as a pure of heart individual, giving your reads and then using reactions to the reads to get better reads. I know the tactic because I use it. I do not wish to project too much onto
Servant Moon Cancer
as the similarity in their playstyle to my own is not guaranteed to be of similar mindsets, but I feel obligated to point out what you cannot see if you do not have that playstyle and cannot see it as coming from a pure of heart individual.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

I do need reasons for your scum reads when you have the time Ruler.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 794, Servant Berserker wrote:There's a 0% chance scum don't have tons of fun toys. It's why we crush them with day play.
This line is so hot

Please let me be your sword.

Your enemies are my enemies from this day till the last day.

I just want you to carry me because I'm silly and stupid and you're better than I deserve <3
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

I should probably be responsible and read and figure things out but I'm just sooo

I don't even know how to describe this emotion.

I want to flirt and dance and sing and be happy.

I'll probably sit down and actually try to put some coherent words together.

just let me be happy for this weekend

<3
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:38 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

VOTE: Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:36 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

Right after i gave correct call, i am being voted. Scum is trying to prevent us from talking about moon by coordinating few votes against me. People always talk about topic, which recently got few votes normally it would be moon but scum gave counter measure.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:40 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

Why would timing be so perfect? In case i am being pushed by townies, they reason of me being voted would have to be my vote on Moon. Still townies would say something like 'Foreigner votes is scummy' during vote. Naked votes are votes for overall image, so they are coming right now because people needed to vote me.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:50 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 840, Servant Foreigner wrote:Right after i gave correct call, i am being voted. Scum is trying to prevent us from talking about moon by coordinating few votes against me. People always talk about topic, which recently got few votes normally it would be moon but scum gave counter measure.
In post 841, Servant Foreigner wrote:Why would timing be so perfect? In case i am being pushed by townies, they reason of me being voted would have to be my vote on Moon. Still townies would say something like 'Foreigner votes is scummy' during vote. Naked votes are votes for overall image, so they are coming right now because people needed to vote me.
This is a self-serving narrative. Though yeah, I kind of felt like your vote was a bus.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Servant Shielder »

I hate getting behind in games. Once I get caught up I should be good and around more, and I'll be caught up today for sure.

Ruler feels town to me. She's being very clear in her posts and is making sure her reads are known and summarized neatly.

Archer seemed to be trying to lead town in the direction of Berserker in so that's +town

Beast tried to discredit Archer's post I just mentioned from the looks of it so +scum

Without knowing Berserker is town, Caster's would look like setting up a miselim to me, but since we now know Berserker is town I don't see the point of scum making that post.

I think Berserker is right that there's a good chance one of the main contenders is scum. I'm sure at least one of the scumteam decided to play bold and try to get the master

More town points for Alter Ego voting Berserker at a time that I'd expect scum to still fight for the master.
In post 368, Servant Beast wrote:My initial impression of moon cancer was that their reads were too controversial to come from scum. But it wasn't a strong feeling.
This was my initial impression as well
In post 435, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I think a miller claim itself is NAI, but I find this puzzling:
In post 400, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 389, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 337, Servant Rider wrote:And I don't really believe the miller claim and feel like it was mostly done in reaction to Assassin indicating he had a cop-like ability.
in fact late miller claims are often fake. Scum likes to wait and claim miller once they are sure that no one less does it.
I said in my first post.
I didn't see the game started until I posted and neither did I read anything at that point.
Try again.
It's rather hard for me to believe someone didn't realize the game started for almost 16 hours. I recognize that not everyone is as obsessive an addict to this website as I am, but am I really to believe Avenger was simply not paying attention at all and it took him that long to come to the game thread? We all received notice of the game starting, it's not like he wouldn't have reason to check his messages.

The excuse strains credulity.
This is a bad take coming from someone who didn't realize the game started for longer

(on page 20)
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:39 am

In post 481, Servant Beast wrote:It should be noted hat all 3 of the people pushing for the grail position have been relatively good at being assertive and not very gunshy. I'd be somewhat surprised if any of them turned out to be scum tbh. I think this is just another game where scum have decided to be on the peripheral than to fight for the spot.
I'm thinking scum actually is one of the contenders and also I'm thinking Beast is scum so this post just makes me think scum really is within the contenders even more.
In post 545, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 527, Servant Foreigner wrote:Ave said that never received PM on main and i remembered receiving one. I guess it was just a role pm.
I some how doubt this. I think it was a scum slip.
At least it's going to make it interesting as soon as day phase starts.
I really don't like that this is being pushed.
In post 562, Servant Berserker wrote:I’d appreciate it if everyone’s next post could include two people they prefer and two people off the table when it comes to elimination one. Preferably with detail about each.
Will elim:
-Mood cancer
-Ruler
-Beast??

Won't elim:
-Archer
-Caster
In post 596, Servant Ruler wrote:
In post 562, Servant Berserker wrote:I’d appreciate it if everyone’s next post could include two people they prefer and two people off the table when it comes to elimination one. Preferably with detail about each.
Prefer:
Servant Foreigner, Servant Rider
. I should specify that
Servant Rider
is only included because you asked for two servants. In truth it is just
Servant Foreigner
. While there are other slots who may be corrupt, on D1 the only slot I believe to truly be rotten to their core is
Servant Foreigner

Off the table:
Servants Moon Cancer, Beast
. Not because they are my strongest pure of heart reads, but because they are the most likely to be falsely accused on D1 when they are pure of heart.
In post 592, Servant Berserker wrote:Interesting post to laser in on.
I have a guess for
Servant Shield
's identity and if so their entrance is not alignment indicative.
Now it just feels like Ruler is trying to be controversial. I'm not liking Ruler's approach at all anymore.
In post 604, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Honestly I find Shielder kind of cute, they're like a little turtle.

Saving this one for my signature :lol:
In post 605, Servant Berserker wrote:Yeah, her simultaneously being aware and unaware of what's going on in recent times seems too convenient for me. Good catch.
You mean the first part of my second post? I had started reading when I wrote that opening to my post. So I had some idea of what was going on.
In post 611, Servant Beast wrote: I'm done being antagonistic. I just know Shielder is town.
My role PM said so.
You're being serious or is this a really strong read?
In post 611, Servant Beast wrote: I'm done being antagonistic. I just know Shielder is town.
My role PM said so.
I can't confirm or deny it. Combined with my scumread I'm a little worried they're just trying to buddy me since they know I'm town and should assume the claim is legit. But I don't know.
In post 792, Servant Beast wrote:I was sad when I realized they were gunna be an inactive slot. So I had nothing to push out the gate or use to develop reads on.
You can iso me. I mentioned shielder once before that. though I also think on my flip it'll just out right say they're town in the role pm that's released.
This might actually be legit. Which would make Beast town. Does a role like this make sense with a conftown already existing though?
(I'll be more active now that I'm caught up and learning to look at names rather than avatars)
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

I'd be townreading Shielder even apart from Beast's claim right now.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:48 am

What do you think of Beast's claim being legit?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

In post 819, Servant Berserker wrote:I would like a readslist with some explanations, Avenger.
It's irrelevant.
I think Foreigner is scum here.
I think scum voted you but max if 2.
I don't think both Assassin and Sabel are town.

I think you're town and I have a very small town pile.

I'm going to be V/LA over the weekend and probably most weekends.

If this is an issue, then even though I'll probably always be in posting requirements, I'll just make sure I am.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Servant Rider »

My reads are currently in chaos. Fear not, I will have them sorted in due time (hopefully within the next 6 hours or so).
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 846, Servant Shielder wrote:What do you think of Beast's claim being legit?
I don't believe the claim at all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”