He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 847, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 842, MathBlade wrote:but DGB’s claim is an action
People were asked to flavor claim, I'm the only one who has actually claimed a role in addition to the flavor.

That's why my claim is singularly an action - so far.

QED
No no no what I mean is

“First Derivative Test” is an action.

It’s a thing someone does. It doesn’t match everyone else’s flavor.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 850, MathBlade wrote:
People were asked to flavor claim, I'm the only one who has actually claimed a role in addition to the flavor.

QED
No no no what I mean is

Alright Math... you want troll

The flavor miller that doesn't claim D1 checks the actual miller who doesn't claim day 1 and they both get upset with each other for being too bad to be town while the rest of us just blow fireworks rather than blow our actual lids.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 843, Galron wrote:
In post 839, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Why are we talking about flavor and mech instead of analyzing the players?
There are really only about five players actually saying anything. I count myself as not pulling my weight as far as that goes. So boredom? But A50's role apparently means he's a neighbor infmored about a specifc flavor matching a specifc role. I think that's where it started. As I type that out it sounds about as convo;uted as nom's claimed role.

pedit: So I guess that probably means flavor and roles don't really match.
I think flavor has some importance just I think piecing it together now is dangerous.

I still do not understand A50’s point here and it feels wrong. I just don’t know if it’s scummy wrong and it’s definitely not something I start with so many claims out. It feels like blatant fishing. But at the same time a50 is better than that.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 851, Titus wrote:

QED
No no no what I mean is

The flavor miller that doesn't claim D1 checks the actual miller who doesn't claim day 1 and they both get upset with each other for being too bad to be town while the rest of us just blow fireworks rather than blow our actual lids.
I am sorry, are you legit suggesting that DGB and nom are both town? Am I reading that correctly?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 837, Ircher wrote:
Day 2 VC #8DrippingGoofball (1): nomnomnom ()
Xlos (1): WhemeStar ()
Almost50 (1): Xlos ()
Jake the Wolfie (0):
MathBlade (2): Galron (), Almost50 ()
Titus (0):
nomnomnom (4) (F-2): DrippingGoofball (), Titus (), Toogeloo (), T3 ()

Not Voting (2): MathBlade, Jake the Wolfie ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to fade a player.

DeadlinesThis phase will end no earlier than Friday, July 2, 2021 9:45:00 PM EDT or in (expired on 2021-07-02 21:45:00).
This phase will end no later than Monday, July 12, 2021 9:45 PM EDT or in (expired on 2021-07-12 21:45:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, please inform me each week.
2: Please let me know if you have a different pronoun preference than listed below.

Pronoun Key1: DrippingGoofball : It
3: Xlos : He/him
4: Almost50 : He/him
5: Jake the Wolfie : Any
6: Galron : He/him
7: theslimer3 : They/them
8: T3 : He/him
9: Titus : She/her
10: WhemeStar : He/him
12: Toogeloo : They/them
13: nomnomnom : He/him
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 853, MathBlade wrote:

QED
No no no what I mean is

I am sorry, are you legit suggesting that DGB and nom are both town? Am I reading that correctly?
She's pseudo-trolling like she said in the preface.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 852, MathBlade wrote:I think flavor has some importance just I think piecing it together now is dangerous.
That seems to be xlos's point. And I'm guessing wheme's.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 855, Galron wrote:
In post 853, MathBlade wrote:

QED
No no no what I mean is

She's pseudo-trolling like she said in the preface.
I am not so sure. I think Titus is considering the possibility. I find it utterly ridiculous here but sometimes her “moonlogic” (I don’t mean offense here just she can have a different way of thinking) and I wanna see where she goes with it. That’s why I am asking if she is legit suggesting it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 856, Galron wrote:
In post 852, MathBlade wrote:I think flavor has some importance just I think piecing it together now is dangerous.
And mine first.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Galron »

I don't see why they both can't be town. Queue DGB. But I don't think that's what Titus's point was.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 858, MathBlade wrote:
In post 856, Galron wrote:
And mine first.
I don't remember that.
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by Xlos »

Come on guys A50 is suspicious from every angle. Leader of a bad wagon, sitter on the other bad wagon, role fishing, and lying about their role. A50 is even MURDERCAT's dying scumlist.
In post 360, MURDERCAT wrote:I think if I were to try to hero solve this would be my team:

{Almost50, theslimer3 (now mathblade), Galron}
What exactly is stopping you from voting him?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Galron »

Yeah okay. VOTE: Almost50
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I can't believe we have a guilty and we're even thinking voting some other player.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 859, Galron wrote:I don't see why they both can't be town. Queue DGB. But I don't think that's what Titus's point was.
I’d rather her elaborate.

For me is the DGB+nom3 situation. I don’t see myself voting outside there short of someone scum claiming or a damn good explanation. I agree he’s suspicious but the only one elim a day makes it difficult.

What makes you say their lying about their role?

I am pretty sure they’re a neighbor. That seems an odd thing to lie about? Unless you mean lying about the informed bit which is unfalsifiable. If no one matches the flavor A50 expects then A50 just says so player X is scum and a 1v1 forms. Or if someone matches the flavor then A50 says “player X matches the flavor” or maybe not even that. There’s no way to check him. So since there’s no way to check it no way to know if he is lying and this bs about flavor shouldn’t even have started today with all the open claims.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 863, DrippingGoofball wrote:I can't believe we have a guilty and we're even thinking voting some other player.
I can’t believe I agree with a top scumread. What is this game?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 864, MathBlade wrote:
In post 859, Galron wrote:I don't see why they both can't be town. Queue DGB. But I don't think that's what Titus's point was.

For me is the DGB+nom3 situation. I don’t see myself voting outside there short of someone scum claiming or a damn good explanation. I agree he’s suspicious but the only one elim a day makes it difficult.

I am pretty sure they’re a neighbor. That seems an odd thing to lie about? Unless you mean lying about the informed bit which is unfalsifiable. If no one matches the flavor A50 expects then A50 just says so player X is scum and a 1v1 forms. Or if someone matches the flavor then A50 says “player X matches the flavor” or maybe not even that. There’s no way to check him. So since there’s no way to check it no way to know if he is lying and this bs about flavor shouldn’t even have started today with all the open claims.

Are you asking me or xlos because I asked him and I don't think he answered but in part it has to do with the flavor not being consistent. I don't think I really buy that but with the rest I guess it's possible.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It’s not really an ask thing. It’s a more stream of conscious thing.

I guess if there is an ask someone needs to summarize why a50 over a guilty claim.

My vote’s been spiritually on nom3 this whole time and I don’t see it changing without a case or explained reasoning and it would have to be like top tier damn good reasoning that makes me speechless.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Xlos »

If he was telling the truth, he would know the alignment of that player already based on the flavor. Unless you believe that scum flavor are going to be the names of formal mathematics operations. That wouldn't make any sense though. The fact that he doesn't know the alignment means that he hasn't totally thought through the information his role gave him, and thus it is a lie.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 792, Xlos wrote:I'm pretty certain that scum flavor will be distinguishable from town flavor
Although your scum equity has sky rocketed in my eyes, I'll still give you the benefit of doubt and bite: Give me example(s) of hypothetical scum flavor please. Like, is.. um .. Newton's Forward Difference Formula Scum or Town? How about L'Hopitals's Rule? Give me some directions, Mister Genius.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 811, WhemeStar wrote:I think claiming flavor is really dumb
Good, now please be dumb enough to either claim it here or in our hood. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

@ALL: I am not taking this non-sense anymore. In every game someone decides to go against logic "just because" (or maybe
because
they're scum and are afraid to get caught) (Disclaimer: This isn't directed at you, Mathblade).

Anyone who refuses to claim their flavour will be tunneled to death. No exceptions.

And I will start with my useless neighbour who told me to vote Flea with them and then decided to abandon the hood.

VOTE: WhemeStar

But I am also eying Xlos

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 812, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Nom, if you had just claimed miller D1 you wouldn't have been checked. Anyone who would have claimed to check you woulx probably be axed.

In addition, you probably wouldn't have been rolevlocked (although that depends on the whims of the roleblocker)

You too, Jake. Play MAFIA (along with fooling around) or don't join games with me. I do like to have fun, but I also like to play a proper game of Mafia. Thank you very much.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 824, Xlos wrote:A50's claimed role is 100% a lie.
I'll eat rope today if necessary, but
you will claim your flavor
before I do.

As of this post I am missing Xlos, Toog, Wheme, Jake & Galron. GUESS WHICH OF YOU FIVE I AM INFORMED OF THEIR FLAVOR. MAKES SENSE THE SCUM TEAM IS RELUCTANT TO CLAIM THEIR FLAVOUR.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 850, MathBlade wrote:“First Derivative Test” is an action.

It may have been too long since I last actually practiced calculus, but isn't Second Derivative Test a "first derivative test on the first derivative"??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Math.. trust me, mate. Take it on faith. I would lim between Xlos, Wheme & hake. That's my hero solve. DGB v nom is TvT. Toog is Town and so is Galron 9although neither has claimed their flavor, but I no longer want them to.)

Can I be more precise than this?? The one I'm informed of is in my solve and all 3 are refusing to claim it. Xlos is even panicking already, although I did NOT say I can guilty them. I just said I'd match their claim against what I was told.

I repeat: I am informed about one of them 3 Xlos, Wheme or Jake, and I will die on this hill.

Also (some additional "silly" pointers): First three posters were MC. nom & Wheme. I'd want Wheme lim'ed without a claim even.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”