Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Like, "wait till I obv!Town" my red rear-side. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 868, Xlos wrote:If he was telling the truth, he would know the alignment of that player already based on the flavor. Unless you believe that scum flavor are going to be the names of formal mathematics operations. That wouldn't make any sense though. The fact that he doesn't know the alignment means that he hasn't totally thought through the information his role gave him, and thus it is a lie.
I am trying my best to not call you names (ex: I am
not
calling you stupid, dumb, obtuse.. or anything of the sort). Listen top you. Like, the mod would give a player what would be effectively "Player X is Scum". Is that what you're suggesting?? Or maybe "Player X is Town, but I decided to head SOUTH from LA to get to San Francisco just fir the funzies).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:40 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

A miller/friendly neighbor who gains powers on prime numbers pages makes no sense.

Nom already lied on Day 1 by not claiming miller.

He has not explained how the powers are granted if the days end on a prime number. Is the FN one-time only? Apparently not, since nom proposed to use the FN lower again tonight.

So the FN is ungated.

How does that square with gaining powers on prime number page day end?

In addition to being miller.

Now - if you're a miller, you announce it.
You want to end the day on a prime number page? Spam.

Nom is lying, can we end this?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:47 am

Post by nomnomnom »

You're refusing to actually understand why I didn't claim miller and you're refusing to talk about reads.
In post 877, DrippingGoofball wrote:You want to end the day on a prime number page? Spam.
The rules specifically forbid people from doing that which is why this role is harder to activate.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I routinely make 5 posts in a row when I catch up.

The rest of my post stands.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:17 am

Post by T3 »

Wheme is a paragon of meta towniness.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Titus »

Mod: What page did day 1 end on? Page 19 or page 17?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:02 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 881, Titus wrote:
Page 19.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Ircher »

Day 2 VC #9DrippingGoofball (1): nomnomnom ()
Xlos (1): WhemeStar ()
Almost50 (2): Xlos (), Galron ()
Jake the Wolfie (0):
MathBlade (0):
Titus (0):
WhemeStar (1): Almost50 ()
nomnomnom (4) (F-2): DrippingGoofball (), Titus (), Toogeloo (), T3 ()

Not Voting (2): MathBlade, Jake the Wolfie ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to fade a player.

DeadlinesThis phase will end no earlier than Friday, July 2, 2021 9:45:00 PM EDT or in (expired on 2021-07-02 21:45:00).
This phase will end no later than Monday, July 12, 2021 9:45 PM EDT or in (expired on 2021-07-12 21:45:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, please inform me each week.
2: Please let me know if you have a different pronoun preference than listed below.

Pronoun Key1: DrippingGoofball : It
3: Xlos : He/him
4: Almost50 : He/him
5: Jake the Wolfie : Any
6: Galron : He/him
7: MathBlade : He/him
8: T3 : He/him
9: Titus : She/her
10: WhemeStar : He/him
12: Toogeloo : They/them
13: nomnomnom : He/him
Last edited by Ircher on Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 873, Almost50 wrote:
In post 850, MathBlade wrote:“First Derivative Test” is an action.

It’s a thing someone does. It doesn’t match everyone else’s flavor.
It may have been too long since I last actually practiced calculus, but isn't Second Derivative Test a "first derivative test on the first derivative"??
In post 788, T3 wrote:My flavorname is Second Derivative.
For a guy who's focused on flavor you're sure as hell not reading it. The Second Derivative is still a thing. (Super paranoid thought? DGB + A50 + T3? I really really townread T3 though so I'd only go after T3 if A50 and DGB both flipped scum)
I do not get your point at all A50 and if you're going to demand everyone flavor claim when you had a "specific person".
In post 754, Almost50 wrote:Finally, half of us have already claimed their roles or at least crumbed them. Let's start with dgb, nom, toog & t3
You also wanted these four first. Now your "specific person" you want is not in these four.
This means you were 100% flavor fishing.

I don't know why I don't know how but I sure as hell will not be following you into an unexplained flavor tunnel when I think pants are dropped too far already.

So much so that I'm seriously considering with some flavors of DGB or nom and you may be trying to save one or the other.

Claiming flavor seems really really dumb. I believe I've figured out things based upon what people have said (and no I will not say what because I'm not dumb) and this day should have ended a long time ago. Far as I'm concerned I think this day was extremely damaging even if the paranoia theory Titus mentioned about DGB and nom is true. That's how bad I think today was and is, but at the same time I can't risk nom being scum and then just quick hammering against Titus's wishes so I'm stuck in a goddamn rock and hard place but if you push this without explanation (and one that explains ALL your prior bullshit) I will tunnel you.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Titus »

UNVOTE: nomnomnom

VOTE: Xlos
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 879, DrippingGoofball wrote:I routinely make 5 posts in a row when I catch up.

No. The rules forbid this. I still think Nom's claim is weird as fuck but having played with nom before I think they'd obey the spirit of the rules. Saying that Nom wouldn't obey rules for a wincon is really shitty. I've been making longer posts to try to avoid double posting and get flak for it from people who "don't want to read paragraphs". This is a slow activity game. That means paragraphs will happen.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 885, Titus wrote:UNVOTE: nomnomnom

Why Titus?

We have a DGB + Nom situation and A50 trying to pretty much in my POV force a mass claim.
Please explain a Xlos vote?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 448, nomnomnom wrote:I mean big reason why i hammered really is because I can see how this day would have gone with this shit you're doing, and I have a role that profits from doing this, so shrug
This is on page 18 rolling into 19. I don't doubt for a minute now that nomnomnom has a role that benefits from being on a prime number. I think he had a problem with understanding his role and got lucky the game rolled onto page 19. nom likely thought the day ended with hammer rather than including twilight. Otherwise that post is really odd to start the defense before getting guiltied.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:51 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 882, Ircher wrote:
In post 881, Titus wrote:
Page 19.
Wait what
I thought twilight didn't count
jesus
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Titus »

In post 887, MathBlade wrote:
In post 885, Titus wrote:UNVOTE: nomnomnom

Why Titus?

We have a DGB + Nom situation and A50 trying to pretty much in my POV force a mass claim.
Please explain a Xlos vote?
I think all three of those are town.

I feel a large inconsistency between Xlos wanting our flavor types but being unwilling to claim his flavor.

You have the inverse inconsistency. You argue against claiming flavor but you allegedly crumbed it and outed when asked. Despite your inconsistency, I have you as town however.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

Let's assume for a moment that's true. I'm not so sure it's the most likely explanation but I'd buy it's possible.
Why Xlos over A50? A50 looks like he'd be perfect for the "I always townread Nom" scum role for cred if Nom flips town.
A50 has been blatantly flavor pushing and when I argued against it he voted me not because of anything I was doing but because I was going against him.

Yes I'm against mass claiming flavor. I as a general rule always crumb the bare minimum necessary for later. You'll see my reasons.
I don't find A50 town if Nom is.
Why do you think A50 is town?
I kinda am against a Xlos elimination he just feels like newb town to me. I got a maybe? scum ping but I think that's more because he's new he's saying things that are mechanically silly. I don't see any malicioiusness or possible evil intent or should know better like a50.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Titus »

I feel A50 is town because of the consistency and passion for which he pursues his claim. Flavor dictating roles makes no sense and would dictate that players understand calculus to play. So it's a largely harmless exercise most likely and there's a payoff.

Compare to Xlos. He wanted to know what type of Math we were. What has he done with the info provided? Nothing. When someone asks him to claim his flavor, with a specified town benefit, he's quiet. That's a clear inconsistency there and I want to push on it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 423, Xlos wrote:I think Flea's refusal to post means that even if they are town, they're just a real number.
This is also odd from Xlos given his request to claim flavor. He implies VTs are real numbers exclusively which would make his prior requests PR hunts.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

I think that it doesn't take math knowledge to determine actions from properties/theorems with a simple google. I think if I'm right on powers then a simple google all that is needed.
I think that if you're right and it doesn't take even a google once everyone is claimed I think we'll be in even more trouble once everyone flavor claims.
You'd be betting the game on both me and Xlos not being scum at that point pretty much I think which is contrary to your Xlos scum point since we both have math degrees.

I think if you want to make a Xlos scum case you need to make it independent of flavor because if you think A50 is town and he does force a mass flavor claim then a scum!Xlos (or to be fair a scum me but I'm not scum) would probably gain a lot if flavor has any meaning at all.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Titus »

In post 106, Xlos wrote:Right, it's not in the role PM, but my role is a technique in analysis, so I assume that all roles are techniques in analysis, algebra or geometry.
He goes from this to all VTs are real numbers. It's odd.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Titus »

What's Xlos's degree in?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Titus »

Nevermind on that last question.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 886, MathBlade wrote:
In post 879, DrippingGoofball wrote:I routinely make 5 posts in a row when I catch up.

No. The rules forbid this. I still think Nom's claim is weird as fuck but having played with nom before I think they'd obey the spirit of the rules. Saying that Nom wouldn't obey rules for a wincon is really shitty. I've been making longer posts to try to avoid double posting and get flak for it from people who "don't want to read paragraphs". This is a slow activity game. That means paragraphs will happen.

I'm sorry that I was misunderstood.

Could you use spoiler tags to hide the nitty gritty details of your paragraphs and have summaries of what's inside those paragraphs? That would make your posts much easier on the mind.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Titus »

Right now I think A50 DGB Nom T3 Math and myself are town.
Honorable mention to Galron.
Dishonorable mention to Jake
Scum in Xlos Whemestar and Toog
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”