Micro 1019: Dead Silence GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 297, thana wrote:
In post 296, Nathann wrote:Has any one of you thought about having a conversation with me?
what was boring about page 10?
It was basically nothing but setup speculation, based on practically no information. I cannot get anything alignment indicative out of it, and it doesn't help us solve the setup because, again, page ten, no actual information.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 292, T3 wrote:VOTE: nathan
Too towny to be town.
What does this even mean? How do you arrive at me being scum because I'm "too Towny"?
thana
thana
Townie
thana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:58 am

Post by thana »

In post 300, Nathann wrote:It was basically nothing but setup speculation, based on practically no information. I cannot get anything alignment indicative out of it, and it doesn't help us solve the setup because, again, page ten, no actual information.
hm

how do you generally try to determine if someone is informed
thana
thana
Townie
thana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:59 am

Post by thana »

In post 302, thana wrote:how do you generally try to determine if someone is informed
like if you think an encryptor is unlikely, what does us talking about one mean to you
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 303, thana wrote:
In post 302, thana wrote:how do you generally try to determine if someone is informed
like if you think an encryptor is unlikely, what does us talking about one mean to you
I try to determine informedness the way I've been trying to the whole game - reading into people's posts, their votes, motivations and mindsets behind those, trajectories, etc. At least while we do not have flips. The fact that I've largely been getting ignored is annoying.

All it means to me is that you're taking up thread space with pointless discussion. If I had to come up with something, I could say that you're more likely to be scum because you're focusing on non-AI discussions, but then this game would have 7-8 scum. I don't give Town points for talking about an Encryptor when I think one is unlikely because it's not rocket science to be able to fake that as scum.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Nathann »

This is a closed setup, and a bastard game at that. Nothing about the setup speculation is AI to me right now, when I don't know what the setup is.
thana
thana
Townie
thana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:10 am

Post by thana »

In post 304, Nathann wrote:All it means to me is that you're taking up thread space with pointless discussion. If I had to come up with something, I could say that you're more likely to be scum because you're focusing on non-AI discussions, but then this game would have 7-8 scum. I don't give Town points for talking about an Encryptor when I think one is unlikely because it's not rocket science to be able to fake that as scum.
?? why would it mean town points if you find the encryptor to be unlikely? like i do not think this is in the game -> why didn't they reach a similar conclusion =/ town

but sure, pointless discussion if you'd like, they all are really
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 306, thana wrote:?? why would it mean town points if you find the encryptor to be unlikely?
Assuming I am correct about the Encryptor, an argument could be made:

Someone speculating about an Encryptor is more likely to be a Townie genuinely speculating about Scum power (that they don't know anything about), rather than Scum who's fake speculating about Scum power (that they know Scum doesn't have).

I thought that's the train of thought what you were aiming for when you asked me what does speculation about the Encryptor mean to me if I think one is unlikely. However, I'm saying I don't really believe that, because I think Scum fake speculating about something like that is not difficult to fake.
In post 306, thana wrote:but sure, pointless discussion if you'd like, they all are really
It's pointless to me. Did you get anything about bugspray's alignment out of the discussion on page ten?

Though, now that I'm at my laptop and not working from memory, I'll admit to being wrong about page ten only being "setup speculation", as there was also discussion about that post from an old game. Doesn't change the fact it didn't help me sort either of you, but still putting it out there.
thana
thana
Townie
thana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:39 am

Post by thana »

In post 307, Nathann wrote:Someone speculating about an Encryptor is more likely to be a Townie genuinely speculating about Scum power (that they don't know anything about), rather than Scum who's fake speculating about Scum power (that they know Scum doesn't have).

I thought that's the train of thought what you were aiming for when you asked me what does speculation about the Encryptor mean to me if I think one is unlikely. However, I'm saying I don't really believe that, because I think Scum fake speculating about something like that is not difficult to fake.
the encryptor wouldn't have to be scum power and also could be like 'enables talk in general' as opposed to 'daytalk' to solve your all pts have daytalk objection, though the other issues still stand

wasn't aiming for a train a thought, wanted to see how you think about these things
In post 307, Nathann wrote:It's pointless to me. Did you get anything about bugspray's alignment out of the discussion on page ten?

Though, now that I'm at my laptop and not working from memory, I'll admit to being wrong about page ten only being "setup speculation", as there was also discussion about that post from an old game. Doesn't change the fact it didn't help me sort either of you, but still putting it out there.
bugspray's discovery of me being me felt untimely, bugspray's reaction to the post made me doubt that theory more than either vfp/dwlee did, though vfp/dwlee mirrored reactions probably noteworthy, i do not know how to weigh those things,
thana
thana
Townie
thana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:44 am

Post by thana »

In post 308, thana wrote:bugspray's discovery of me being me felt untimely, bugspray's reaction to the post made me doubt that theory more than either vfp/dwlee did, though vfp/dwlee mirrored reactions probably noteworthy, i do not know how to weigh those things,
and maybe i have more of an understanding as to where the neighbour conclusion came from?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:13 am

Post by bugspray »

oh fyck i said encryptor enabler when i meant enryptor because how how i think about setup design around encryptors

hey is there anyone out there with a bastard role that wants to come out and say my role is bastard?

i'm a little scared this is a true normal and the bastardness is claiming that there's something bastard about it which is probably the most cruel form of bastardness
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:51 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Official Vote Count

Nathann
(2): Momrangal, T3
Menalque
(1): Nathann
T3
(1): bugspray
Momrangal
(1): VFP
bugspray
(1): BurgerParty
thana
(1): Dwlee99
Dwlee99
(1): Menalque

Not Voting
(1): thana

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline
: (expired on 2021-07-10 19:00:00)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:54 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: dwlee
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 308, thana wrote:the encryptor wouldn't have to be scum power and also could be like 'enables talk in general' as opposed to 'daytalk' to solve your all pts have daytalk objection, though the other issues still stand
I didn't even think of Encryptors possibly being Town aligned, so that even further kills any trace of "the talk about Encryptors is maybe, vaguely, if you squint, +town".
In post 310, bugspray wrote:hey is there anyone out there with a bastard role that wants to come out and say my role is bastard?
Hey, do you instead want to talk about why you voted me in after 3 hours of silence, only to jump off my wagon as soon as someone else joined it?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:27 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 313, Nathann wrote:Hey, do you instead want to talk about why you voted me in 287 after 3 hours of silence, only to jump off my wagon as soon as someone else joined it?
read my signature

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:31 am

Post by VFP »

In post 312, T3 wrote:VOTE: dwlee
I'm pretty sure Dwlee is town.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 314, bugspray wrote:
In post 313, Nathann wrote:Hey, do you instead want to talk about why you voted me in 287 after 3 hours of silence, only to jump off my wagon as soon as someone else joined it?
read my signature
You can take 30 seconds to backtrack, skim the page or two prior to your vote, and try to figure out what you were thinking.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:39 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 316, Nathann wrote:You can take 30 seconds to backtrack, skim the page or two prior to your vote, and try to figure out what you were thinking.
I literally can't.

Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Nathann »

You did not even try.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VFP I still need you to towncase t3 here.
I prefer they, thanks :)
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:44 am

Post by VFP »

Can I do it tomorrow?
I feel like shit today and was about to go to bed!

I do have games to back up my T3 meta to show though.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:45 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 318, Nathann wrote:You did not even try.
not gonna waste my time

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:45 am

Post by bugspray »

how likely is dwlee and vfp scumteam?

Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Nathann »

Dwlee, how strong is your mysterious Townread of bugspray here? Because I don't think I'm seeing it, chief.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yeah sure VFP.