What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Ircher »

Day 3 VC #4Xlos (0):
Almost50 (2): Xlos (), Toogeloo ()
Jake the Wolfie (1): Jake the Wolfie ()
Titus (1): MathBlade ()
Toogeloo (3) (F-2): Galron (), DrippingGoofball (), Titus ()

Not Voting (2): WhemeStar, Almost50

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to fade a player.

DeadlinesThis phase will end no earlier than Thursday, July 8, 2021 9:45:00 PM EDT or in (expired on 2021-07-08 21:45:00).
This phase will end no later than Wednesday, July 14, 2021 9:45 PM EDT or in (expired on 2021-07-14 21:45:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, please inform me each week.
2: Please let me know if you have a different pronoun preference than listed below.

Pronoun Key1: DrippingGoofball : It
3: Xlos : He/him
4: Almost50 : He/him
5: Jake the Wolfie : Any
6: Galron : He/him
7: MathBlade : He/him
9: Titus : She/her
10: WhemeStar : He/him
12: Toogeloo : They/them
Last edited by Ircher on Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 1097, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1089, Jake The Wolfie wrote:What if, wild guess, scum have a redirector/bus drivor?
That's something scum would say.
Why is that something Scum would say?
DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1095, MathBlade wrote:I mean DGB wrote that entire post as if I am town then put in the shade later like omg.
Maybe it's because I don't know your alignment and I keep wavering? Every post of yours I read, I go back and forth a dozen times.
If you had to give an irreversible read on MathBlade right now, what would it be?
DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1094, MathBlade wrote:At the top of the next page I am done will look after work / cooking tonight but Titus blatantly sheeping DGB seems wrong.

If the Toog elim succeeds and Toog is town I want in A50/DGB period. I know Toog is in my super elim pool but I want the scum in that trio.
Players that you'd think aren't in this game just reading MathBlade's iso:

Xlos
Galron
Jake The Wolfie
WhemeStar
Yeah, I'd like to see more from MathBlade about these players too. Especially because taking a break from reanalyzing the players you've been reading can help youdevelop better angles you didn't see before.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1040, MathBlade wrote:unless Toog is some higher tier scum player (which to be fair I don’t remember/haven’t seen their scum game).
Just saw this.

Uh... Don't look at my Mafia Aligned games in my wiki.
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Xlos »

In post 1017, DrippingGoofball wrote::?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Is Toog...
  • a town roleblocker
    who happened to
    block a player who claimed to be a conditional PR
    ?
  • scum (any role or goon)
    who
    pretended
    to have blocked nom to give credence to nom's claim of having been roleblocked?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I don't think it's the second option because I don't think scum cared that much about saving nomnomnom much. He was doomed - as soon as he claimed friendly neighbor, he was guaranteed to die at some point in the next few days.

And I didn't feel that there was that much support for postponing the nomnomnom annihilation. (As the only person pushing for it, it would have been reassuring) Most of the reason it took so long is cause people were willing to give time for discussion first. Nomnomnom was even trying to get himself hammered. Scum would need to risk sticking their neck out just to use nomnomnom's power the next night, and it wasn't really that great of a power (scum doctor?). I wouldn't be that surprised if all 3 scum were on that wagon.

The friendly neighbor claim doesn't really make any sense to me though.

I do agree that other things Toog did are scummy because of their strange night actions that they still haven't explained and what you mentioned in . But IMO the second option in your list doesn't make sense.
In post 1064, Titus wrote: A50 and Xlos deserve further consideration. ... Xlos was seeking categories which made a flavor check easier.
The categories couldn't have made a flavor check easier, see below.
In post 798, Xlos wrote:
In post 794, Titus wrote:@Xlos, why doesn't the argument you make against A50 apply to you seeking if people were algebra geometry or calculus?
A50 has a role that gives reason to believe role flavor impacts the game, I dont.
A50 is asking for specific role flavor, I was asking for something weaker.
Since peoples roles are all calculus based, anyone claiming not analysis would have been scumtelling. Otherwise no info is leaked.
I personally think it was a good series of posts D1. Even if there were algebra/geometry people, the categories aren't related to the roles so town loses nothing. Though my gambit was similar to A50's, mine was much safer.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1103, Xlos wrote:I don't think it's the second option because I don't think scum cared that much about saving nomnomnom much. He was doomed - as soon as he claimed friendly neighbor, he was guaranteed to die at some point in the next few days.
Why was Nom so hard to eliminate if scum weren't trying to swing it elsewhere? Like you were.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

A bunch of players were gunning for MY head, so personally I didn't find nomnomnom an easy elim at all,
au contraire
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:36 pm

@ Jake
  • Why is that something Scum would say?
    Bringing up redirectors is a great way to sow confusion, which you really want to do as scum. Speaking for myself...

• If you had to give an irreversible read on MathBlade right now, what would it be?
    Really bad town, maybe? He's usually so good at reading me, it's suspicious to me that he's failing so bad. I'm also bothered by the chunk of the player list he's choosing to ignore.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1105, DrippingGoofball wrote:A bunch of players were gunning for MY head, so personally I didn't find nomnomnom an easy elim at all,
au contraire
I think the only reason nomnomnom got through at any rate of speed is because I had nom doubts (wanted Toog more at the time) but we needed town to work together as a block. If I don't make that bargain, town doesn't vote together as a unit.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1103, Xlos wrote:I do agree that other things Toog did are scummy because of their strange night actions that they still haven't explained and what you mentioned in 1033.
I have explained both my night actions. As for DGBs 1033, well, that's not something I can explain, I guess.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1107, Titus wrote:I think the only reason nomnomnom got through at any rate of speed is because I had nom doubts (wanted Toog more at the time) but we needed town to work together as a block. If I don't make that bargain, town doesn't vote together as a unit.
How egotistical.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Titus »

I could see Math as scum. Math was really early to want to hammer and being obtuse about why people would want more discussion but I think DGB's read is correct. Waffle.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1109, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1107, Titus wrote:I think the only reason nomnomnom got through at any rate of speed is because I had nom doubts (wanted Toog more at the time) but we needed town to work together as a block. If I don't make that bargain, town doesn't vote together as a unit.
How egotistical.
I have my moments.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: A50

Let me know if you decide to wagon Xlos anytime soon. Else, I am not voting a townie, and won't be here to see you lose the game for town.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Xlos »

In post 1104, Titus wrote:
In post 1103, Xlos wrote:I don't think it's the second option because I don't think scum cared that much about saving nomnomnom much. He was doomed - as soon as he claimed friendly neighbor, he was guaranteed to die at some point in the next few days.
Why was Nom so hard to eliminate if scum weren't trying to swing it elsewhere? Like you were.
For me, it's easy to say there was little resistance because I was the main person providing resistance. So from my perspective scum seems to have done a lot less. Also, postponing the annihilation on nom is not that unreasonable of a move IMO, so I think some resistance is to be expected. But I think that town had basically decided by , after that,
In post 1103, Xlos wrote: Most of the reason it took so long is cause people were willing to give time for discussion first.
Surely you can at least agree that scum had given up by ? Maybe you can get some reads from before that point.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 1112, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: A50

Let me know if you decide to wagon Xlos anytime soon. Else, I am not voting a townie, and won't be here to see you lose the game for town.

Are.. you implying that you are not town?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:14 pm

In post 1114, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1112, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: A50

Are.. you implying that you are not town?
I'm hearing the self vote is a vote for scum.

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Im so lost with this game. I want xios still. I feel like I always agree with TItus but I keep thinking Titus is scum so idk theyre probably town.

Jake is a good vote.

A50 is 50/50 for me right now.

mathblade is confusing.

DGB hard town will probably sheep them.
Im a dog that quacks
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Xlos »

In post 1108, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1103, Xlos wrote:I do agree that other things Toog did are scummy because of their strange night actions that they still haven't explained and what you mentioned in 1033.
I have explained both my night actions. As for DGBs 1033, well, that's not something I can explain, I guess.
How could you leave me to crawl through your ISO for and :(

You feeling suspicious of nomnomnom entering N1 as you indicated in post 940 seems inconsistent with your early D2 posts which, iirc, had a more favorable/neutral position on their alignment.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1078, Titus wrote:
In post 1076, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1073, Toogeloo wrote:I do like A50's request to kill xlos, with the "tonight I guarantee," caveat, however.
A50 is going to hide with Xlos, if A50 dies then we know Xlos is scum. That's super townie.
A50's hide is a joke IMO.
Why in the world would you hint this?

If A50 is scum then you’ve given him an out.

If A50 is town you’ve nuked his attempts to draw the night kill.

I don’t get you right now Titus.

Catching up while waiting for oven to preheat then Critical Role we will see how far I get.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1080, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1073, Toogeloo wrote:I do like A50's request to kill xlos, with the "tonight I guarantee," caveat, however.
A50 is going to hide with Xlos, if A50 dies then we know Xlos is scum. That's super townie.
Who am I to stop a vanilla townie from trying to draw the kill?
Okay DGB gets some Townie points for this. Maybe it did just get a guilty.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1082, Titus wrote:
In post 1080, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Who am I to stop a vanilla townie from trying to draw the kill?
Fair enough. I was wrong.
Titus admitting she’s wrong?

*scum pings x1000*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1097, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1089, Jake The Wolfie wrote:What if, wild guess, scum have a redirector/bus drivor?
That's something scum would say.
I don’t think so. I think Jake knows when to holster his trolling and when to town and I think I am starting to see it.

I just hope he can see what I can enable or could depending on how he sees English/history or whatever
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1099, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1094, MathBlade wrote:At the top of the next page I am done will look after work / cooking tonight but Titus blatantly sheeping DGB seems wrong.

If the Toog elim succeeds and Toog is town I want in A50/DGB period. I know Toog is in my super elim pool but I want the scum in that trio.

Xlos
Galron
Jake The Wolfie
WhemeStar
That’s correct.

Because I am looking for the active scum.

With the exception of Xlos scum in those slots exist they will absolutely be crushed by this player list.

I am more concerned about a Titus/A50/Toog scum than I am the others.

Xlos if scum I can tell doesn’t seem to have a grip on mechanics so if he’s scum we can probably just fluster him and he will break.

Galron is pretty much lurker at this point which is NAI.

Jake is trolling and I think I am starting to put him together. Definitely not an elim today.

WhemeStar is pretty content lite active lurking. I want to see Townie pings from him.

But that’s about as much time as I want to devote to those slots with the triad going. I see maybe one scum at best and think it’s a waste of time to focus there.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1099, DrippingGoofball wrote:

Xlos
Galron
Jake The Wolfie
WhemeStar
That’s correct.

Because I am looking for the active scum.

With the exception of Xlos scum in those slots exist they will absolutely be crushed by this player list.

I am more concerned about a Titus/A50/Toog scum than I am the others.

Xlos if scum I can tell doesn’t seem to have a grip on mechanics so if he’s scum we can probably just fluster him and he will break.

Galron is pretty much lurker at this point which is NAI.

Jake is trolling and I think I am starting to put him together. Definitely not an elim today.

WhemeStar is pretty content lite active lurking. I want to see Townie pings from him.

But that’s about as much time as I want to devote to those slots with the triad going. I see maybe one scum at best and think it’s a waste of time to focus there.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: A50

I should be voting in my trip despite how much Titus is pissing me off atm. She’s better than this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”