Large Normal 233 | Random videos I liked | Over !

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3616, ChaosOmega wrote:Mini Normal 2214 - Dwlee town
Mini Normal 2216 - Dwlee scum

I wouldn't describe his town-play as aggressive, but he pushes things more and has actual reads, his scum play is very non-committal, which he is in this game as well.
Meta is bad but I guess I'll respond to this anyway. I think my town play varies a lot depending on the game and phase.

I feel like I was super non-committal in viewtopic.php?f=51&t=86780 day 2 (replaced in day one) and wanted to really consider our options on day 3.

In viewtopic.php?f=51&t=86679 I also got non-committal on day 2. (There's kind of a pattern here especially if I feel like we are nearing ELO or if we are in ELO).

I could say the same thing about the town game you linked. Day 3 I hemmed and hawed on the guilty claim for a while before making the wrong choice.

In viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86704 I replaced-in and spent the entire day phase I replaced in hopping between 3 town wagons not sure who we should kill.

Not to mention at different parts of the scum game you linked I was varying levels of commited to my reads. I hard pushed a50 day 3, and then was expressing confidence in my max "read" day 4.

Back to this game specifically, the most "non-committal" part of this game I think I had was day 2 when there was an Anya wagon. I hard defended her, then kind of aimlessly searched for a counterwagon. If you'll remember, I basically just went "Poe says Osuka dies" and then he flipped scum. If I was evil I could have acquiesced to an Anya wagon way earlier in that day and have avoided what was essentially a derp wagon on Osuka.

Pedit: I don't think voyeur is detected as having a gun. I know cop is (not sure about PT cop)
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3577, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3555, Dragon of the West wrote:1) The PT cop claim seems like a fake claim that made sense before scum found out that DGB and I weren't masons
I knew you weren’t Masons and I didn’t have to shoot you for it.

I will say though that the odds that you’re Scum have probably diminished since there’s no point in diminishing your own Claim to weaken your position.
This...feels like a slip ngl
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The matter-of-fact way the first line is written feels like he forgot to proofread for such errors
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:18 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: andres
shep
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm fine yeeting there but do you think scum know no masons are in the setup somehow?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3621, Dwlee99 wrote:Gunsmith? Okay seriously what game are you reading
In post 3624, VFP wrote:
In post 3623, Dwlee99 wrote:Oh like a scum gunsmith to hunt for the vigilante babysitter thing? That's actually a good point.
I assume that Anya would also be picked up on. I wouldn't assume that the masons are.
Obviously this is just situational but to be considered.
Voyeur wouldn’t come up positive to GS
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3629, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm fine yeeting there but do you think scum know no masons are in the setup somehow?
It’s possible, remember a scum informed flipped
VOTE: Andres
<Embrace The Void>

VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:24 am

Post by VFP »

Thought, DotW?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3557, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just because a gunsmith exists doesn't mean any role that can mislead it will, sometimes it's just that simple
also, traitor could be a false negative so my clears aren't entirely clears, they just make it so the people aren't priority eliminations (since traitor loses if it's the last scum alive)
By the way this might be why Andres thought I was GS, and I believe through this Andres scum told via the fact he’s not legitimately digesting the thread but getting a processed view
<Embrace The Void>

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

As long as DotW agrees with my mech play I think yeeting here is correct play.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:32 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 3625, Dwlee99 wrote:Back to this game specifically, the most "non-committal" part of this game I think I had was day 2 when there was an Anya wagon. I hard defended her, then kind of aimlessly searched for a counterwagon. If you'll remember, I basically just went "Poe says Osuka dies" and then he flipped scum. If I was evil I could have acquiesced to an Anya wagon way earlier in that day and have avoided what was essentially a derp wagon on Osuka.
Instead, you acquiesced to an Anya wagon the next day after saying how sure you were that she was town. You make a post about Anya in 2220:
In post 2220, Dwlee99 wrote:If she doesn't have a result pm tomorrow then by all means throw her out a window.
Now knowing she was blocked again and having a flipped scum compulsive JK, this reads a lot worse, like you were setting up the pivot to the mislim.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Why would I throw Osuka out a window and then try to pivot to Anya the next day if I'm evil? The only reason I had even ended up acquiescing to an Anya wagon is because 1.) STD had a clear claimed on him and 2.) The "masons" were calling for her head constantly.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:52 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 3636, Dwlee99 wrote:Why would I throw Osuka out a window and then try to pivot to Anya the next day if I'm evil? The only reason I had even ended up acquiescing to an Anya wagon is because 1.) STD had a clear claimed on him and 2.) The "masons" were calling for her head constantly.
Did you do anything to eliminate osuka other than literally be a vote on his wagon? I think I've read somewhere about scum jumping on when a partner is being eliminated to get towncred, I'll need to put my thinking cap on.

If the only two options were StD and Anya, this would be a good point, but they weren't, so it's not. And who gives a shit what DGB and DotW thought? Having them be "masons" means don't lim them, not trust their reads. All your conflict with DGB in the game doesn't make me feel like you trusted their reads regardless.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I literally started the Osuka wagon by going around asking people what they thought of Osuka's slot and if they'd be willing to vote there.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:54 am

Post by VFP »

Say Dwlee is scum, Chaos... who are they scum with? There's not many that they match up with.
Personally I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Dwlee though.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

And the thing with Anya yesterday was that the PT cop claim made fake claiming neighbors extremely suspicious.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:00 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 3638, Dwlee99 wrote:I literally started the Osuka wagon by going around asking people what they thought of Osuka's slot and if they'd be willing to vote there.
And then you jumped off when there was traction in , waited 2 days, saw it was inevitable, jumped back on in , and make a case in , way past the point of mattering or trying to convince people since the lim went through less than 15 posts later in .
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3638, Dwlee99 wrote:I literally started the Osuka wagon by going around asking people what they thought of Osuka's slot and if they'd be willing to vote there.
To be fair I have done this with a buddy as scum before. The idea is you either know to bus or almost take them off the table for elimination entirely.
<Embrace The Void>

ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:02 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 3639, VFP wrote:Say Dwlee is scum, Chaos... who are they scum with? There's not many that they match up with.
Kyo, Gamma, or Andres would be my guess, probably in that order for confidence.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:04 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I do also agree that Andres' post today come off weird, fine with the lim being there.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:07 am

Post by VFP »

In post 3643, ChaosOmega wrote:
In post 3639, VFP wrote:Say Dwlee is scum, Chaos... who are they scum with? There's not many that they match up with.
I don't think SSBM, otherwise Dwelee would have been more likely to push Anya I feel like (after they confirmed no hood).
Gamma plausible but still I'd only favour this after others.
Andre I don't think Dwlee has been against limming here?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm not saying it's impossible there Gamma but like circumstances + my play style I just don't envision myself as scum derailing a town wagon to push through a scum.
In post 3641, ChaosOmega wrote:
And then you jumped off when there was traction in , waited 2 days, saw it was inevitable, jumped back on in , and make a case in , way past the point of mattering or trying to convince people since the lim went through less than 15 posts later in .
I didn't have the foresight to know that Osuka was going to flip scum, sorry? Also pretty sure my case finalized that Osuka was going to die there because at that point there were still people wanting to throw Anya off the roof instead, with DGB calling me a "townie with a broken scumdar."
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:09 am

Post by VFP »

In post 3644, ChaosOmega wrote:I do also agree that Andres' post today come off weird, fine with the lim being there.
It feels mis lim like but I'll go with DotW if they think it's scum.
I've had games where I haven't been focused and in a rush when posting.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Relooking at interactions between Anya and Vax/Osuka I'm very annoyed I went along with that yesterday now. Wish we threw Titus off the roof instead.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:16 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 3646, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm not saying it's impossible there Gamma but like circumstances + my play style I just don't envision myself as scum derailing a town wagon to push through a scum.
In post 3641, ChaosOmega wrote:
I didn't have the foresight to know that Osuka was going to flip scum, sorry? Also pretty sure my case finalized that Osuka was going to die there because at that point there were still people wanting to throw Anya off the roof instead, with DGB calling me a "townie with a broken scumdar."
Agree to disagree on all counts.
In post 3645, VFP wrote:
In post 3643, ChaosOmega wrote:
I don't think SSBM, otherwise Dwelee would have been more likely to push Anya I feel like (after they confirmed no hood).
Gamma plausible but still I'd only favour this after others.
Andre I don't think Dwlee has been against limming here?
It's why Andres is lowest on that list, he could think he's a liability if they're partners and try to get extra towncred out of it. Go into the SSBM part of this, not sure what you mean at first glance.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”