She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 673, T3 wrote:
In post 671, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 104, JamesTheNames wrote:I'll just explain the intent behind my post shall I?
If scum end up thinking I'm a Power Role from this, voila, there's 1 night without a dead Power Role.
If scum leave me, we have a non-Mason conf-town, always lovely.
Or maybe I'm just scum pulling your leg early.
Kay I'm a fan of possibly sticking this person 6 feet under too tbh.
That post screams towny to me. Explain.
The reasoning is steeped in scum theatre. I'm less certain about this one than the cows as of so far, but you have to ask yourself.

Why did this person do this, and then instantly turn around and make a grandstand about it? Was the grandstand for the purpose of being towny? or being SEEN as being towny?

Plus the cheeky "maybe I'm scum" line at the end is on average, done more by scum than by town.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:14 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 675, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 673, T3 wrote:
In post 104, JamesTheNames wrote:I'll just explain the intent behind my post shall I?
If scum end up thinking I'm a Power Role from this, voila, there's 1 night without a dead Power Role.
The reasoning is steeped in scum theatre. I'm less certain about this one than the cows as of so far, but you have to ask yourself.

Why did this person do this, and then instantly turn around and make a grandstand about it? Was the grandstand for the purpose of being towny? or being SEEN as being towny?

Plus the cheeky "maybe I'm scum" line at the end is on average, done more by scum than by town.
Going to have to argue the last 7 words. I've yet to see it done by scum.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:17 am

In post 676, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 675, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 673, T3 wrote:

Going to have to argue the last 7 words. I've yet to see it done by scum.
I'm old, friend. I've been around the block a little longer, and my sample size is as a result, a lot larger.

It's done more by scum, I'm very confident in that. Doesn't mean town never say it, just means it's a + scum EV from people who do

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:48 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 657, Clasko wrote:tl;dr:

James
Cows
---
Hockey
VFP
T3
---
Grandpa
Looker
The Bulge

That's where I'm at rn.
Fwiw I didnt think gpas reaction felt that unnatural but a gpa vote is smth I can get behind. Idk if you didnt quite see cows's soft defending of VFP in the last few posts(,) Partially . So yea I do think cows hasn't necessarily hard defended VFP but certainly discredited the VFP push(that both me and Gpa made). It has indeed died down, and idk if thats cuz of Gpa's inactivity but just a thing to point out. You're putting too much stock into meta in your T3 read imo. Like this game specifically sure he has done smth, but any other person would be called scum by the way hes playing. Also can u explain to me how Bulge "not looking anywhere else" is scum? This game has had like 10 replacements so i really dont think thats an issue.

I do like where u've put James tho so no complaints there.

This entire readslist/reads is null/TL for me atm since they are trying to explain their thought process behind them
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:52 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 666, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And HockeyFan is town from the first page and it's not even close.
first time someone has Tr'd me so quickly
In post 668, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:GrandpaMO and Rocky have town equity for their exchange on Page 4.
uh? what part of this interacton is town? Legit all that happend on page 3 is Rocky put a RVS vote on Gpa
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:56 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

If I survive D1 I'm so dead N1...
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:57 am

In post 679, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 666, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And HockeyFan is town from the first page and it's not even close.
In post 668, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:GrandpaMO and Rocky have town equity for their exchange on Page 4.
uh? what part of this interacton is town? Legit all that happend on page 3 is Rocky put a RVS vote on Gpa
The vote was town and the reaction was town.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 681, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
what? Rocky's first vote of the game is NAI at best. Also how mcuh stock are u putting in this. Do u still TR both slots of rocky/gpa on page 28?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

what? Rocky's first vote of the game is NAI at best. Also how mcuh stock are u putting in this. Do u still TR both slots of rocky/gpa on page 28?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

oops mb that send twice
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:09 pm

In post 683, HockeyFan wrote:
I'm stopped on Page 6 as of right now, doing work. I just replaced in, I'm calling what I see as I read through.

and it's not NAI. Literally stop using things that don't mean what they mean. There is always alignment indication in votes like that, and player reactions to them.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-12
Peanut-Carrot sandwich

During the 1930s the way people ate and cooked changed dramatically. Poverty, mass migrations, and streamlined food production and preservation brought inexpensive, on-the-go foods into daily life for most Americans. Roadside hamburger stands and diners selling “blue plate specials” became common during this decade. And the sandwiches were...something else. Florence Cowles, author of the 1936 cookbook,
1001 Sandwiches
, preserved our knowledge of some sandwiches we'd probably be perfectly happy not to learn about. For instance: “Mysteries” is a recipe for an open-face sandwich as follows, “Chop coarsely equal parts of raw carrots and salted peanuts. Mix with mayonnaise and spread on rounds of bread, decorating with slices of stuffed olives or small pickles.”

T3
(2): VFP, JamesTheNames
cowsloveSushirolls
(1): HockeyFan
Lady Lambdadelta
(1): Clasko
Looker
(1): GrandpaMo
VFP
(1): T3

Not Voting
(3): cowsloveSushirolls, Lady Lambdadelta, Looker

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Revised Deadline: July 17, Midnight US Eastern Time (one day added)

Countdown: (expired on 2021-07-16 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

fferyllt-Cabd combined ISO for vote counts
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: lld
This feels similar to Yggdrasil when LLD was scum in the sense that she's trying to control the game. I disagree with her James read and she's trying to pocket hockey.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:17 pm

In post 687, T3 wrote:VOTE: lld
This feels similar to Yggdrasil when LLD was scum in the sense that she's trying to control the game. I disagree with her James read and she's trying to pocket hockey.
I always try and control the game regardless of alignment.

By the way, for the person who was talking about NAI things: This is an example of the proper time to use NAI. When someone is describing a playstyle uniformity.

I'm sure there's some minor differences in how I approach my game control between town and scum but I am also a player who actively changes her meta game to game on purpose so, it's a bit hard to describe I think.

Regardless, this is the proper use for NAI. Controlling a game is not an action done more frequently as scum than town.

Also, I'd call into question how exactly I'm controlling the game when I have yet to place a vote, and am currently catching up. In what way am I controlling a game when I'm not even pushing a wagon yet?

Can you please explain to me? I need to determine your sincerity in making this argument to read you.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Like, to be clear, I was eventually going to push to lead from the front because that's how I play, but as of yet I've not done this.

So what is interesting to me is that you've decided to take this line of attack with me despite me having done nothing that could be considered controlling as of yet this game. All I've done is give reads, explain reads and begin a catchup that I have yet to finish.

So your argument is not only fallicious to begin with, wrt to my desire to lead being scum indicative for me, but it's also feeling very fabricated, because there's simply no example of my posting which contains anything controlling as of yet.

So again, I want to be clear: What parts of my posting are similar to Yggdrasil, and in what way are they? And more to that point, what makes those parts contorlling?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 664, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh boy, time to read the game, find the scum team day 1, lead a scum elimination and get shot at night

let's go
This is you outright implying it, and the tone of your posts seems authoritative and weird.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 688, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

By the way, for the person who was talking about NAI things: This is an example of the proper time to use NAI. When someone is describing a playstyle uniformity.

I'm sure there's some minor differences in how I approach my game control between town and scum but I am also a player who actively changes her meta game to game on purpose so, it's a bit hard to describe I think.

Regardless, this is the proper use for NAI. Controlling a game is not an action done more frequently as scum than town.

Also, I'd call into question how exactly I'm controlling the game when I have yet to place a vote, and am currently catching up. In what way am I controlling a game when I'm not even pushing a wagon yet?

Can you please explain to me? I need to determine your sincerity in making this argument to read you.
I also don't understand how you could have possibly got a read on Hockey from those first few pages.
UNVOTE: lld
I'll look at your meta.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:39 pm

In post 690, T3 wrote:
In post 664, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh boy, time to read the game, find the scum team day 1, lead a scum elimination and get shot at night

let's go
This is you outright implying it, and the tone of your posts seems authoritative and weird.
It's a newbie game, and I don't play them for a reason. The one and only time I played one, I replaced in, called both scum and got shot night 1 after voting out a scum day 1.

Plus, it's a good vibe to bring into a game.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:40 pm

In post 691, T3 wrote:
In post 688, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

I also don't understand how you could have possibly got a read on Hockey from those first few pages.
UNVOTE: lld
I'll look at your meta.
I just do. I don't require as much evidence for my reads, since I read on tone a lot as well.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by T3 »

That's fair.
Tenet LLD has a really weird a almost 'Trumped Up' tone. I get the same feeling here but to a lesser degree. Warehouse LLD is obvtown early but I'm not sure what about that game I can compare to this. All I remember from playing with LLD in DEFCON 5 was her getting mad and then dying. I'll look over that one.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by T3 »

DEFCON LLD was very confident in her early reads which matches this game. Her tone feels different though.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

T3, what are u doing. You are attempting to read someone based off of meta alone. Why not do this wiith some of the other game? Why is LLD an exception?
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by cowsloveSushirolls »

hi lambdadelta! thanks for replacing in. had a busy day so will use this night to give my two cents on what both you and clasko have said. for now have the image above full of quotes picked fresh from the cherry tree
selling fuit gummy at an affordable price
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Looker »

O hey, I'll start reading now
UNVOTE:
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:07 pm

In post 697, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:Image

hi lambdadelta! thanks for replacing in. had a busy day so will use this night to give my two cents on what both you and clasko have said. for now have the image above full of quotes picked fresh from the cherry tree
Whether you are scum or not, you're certainly entertaining. I enjoyed that quite a lot.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”