WhemeStar (4) | unwnd, Dannflor, Vecna, ManateeDude
petapan (2) | Echolocation, Taco Hemingway
ManateeDude (1) | The Resistance
morph the cat (1) | WhemeStar
Pooky (1) | Celestial Powerhouse
Lukewarm (1) | Ythan
Celestial Powerhouse (1) | Anya

Not Voting (5) | VFP, mastina, Uncle Shelby, Vaxkiller, morph the cat

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to politely ask someone to leave.

In the process of replacing Reiuji Utsuho.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:22 am

Post by The Resistance »

In post 829, Anya wrote:
In post 820, Echolocation wrote:One more, anyone?
what's your read on anya

she looks like obv wolf to me but i don't want backlash
I like this as townish.

Pausing catchup for work.
Hydra of Titus and Ircher.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Just got caught up - did not really see much that I wanted to respond to directly, but I might give it a second look later to see if that changes.

I find myself agreeing with most kakeguri posts.

I still like Anya's posts

I saw several people shading Wheme's play, but I disagree here. Specifically and tell me that he really believed his point on T3, to the point of trying to prove it -- but then while doing the meta dive, he found the opposite evidence, and changed his stance. That reads as townie to me.

------

My pool of slots I am wary of are: Morph, Unwnd, Titus, Ydra, Dann
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1152, Lukewarm wrote:Just got caught up - did not really see much that I wanted to respond to directly, but I might give it a second look later to see if that changes.

I find myself agreeing with most kakeguri posts.

I still like Anya's posts

I saw several people shading Wheme's play, but I disagree here. Specifically and tell me that he really believed his point on T3, to the point of trying to prove it -- but then while doing the meta dive, he found the opposite evidence, and changed his stance. That reads as townie to me.

------

My pool of slots I am wary of are: Morph, Unwnd, Titus, Ydra, Dann,
Celestials
ebwop
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Dannflor »

hey this is my last will and testimony

Spoiler:
morph the cat (fferyllt & Cabd)

dominating the game in a somewhat self-centered away. I agree with Echo's assessment of "LAMISTy," but like my earlier espoused read on this slot, I'm unsure whether I'm reading into personality or alignment here. after thinking about it, I'd say most of the reservations I had were mostly tone/personality based, and I would put their play as a little more likely to be town. the mod-meta "case" on T3 after T3 was basically already gonna be the defacto elimination means they probably aren't mafia. Given mafia would know T3's slip is fake and thus the basis of their wagon if fake, I think piling on like that would be seen as too risky or unnecessary given the chance T3 flips town.

could still be werewolf (have I mentioned I hate multiball). They have a cageyness to their replies that like requires them to make 5 posts to get out information they should be able to in 1. they've interacted with me 0 since i replaced in beyond to try to figure out where my scum reads on my reads list start, which is just a busy work question.

I like the part where they're reaching out to Pooky and unwnd specifically and trying to figure them out. That feels somewhat natural and genuine. sorry I don't have a definitive read here. lean town for now but keep an eye on the surface level towniness because some of it just feels like posting and busywork to fill up the thread
petapan

awkward posting around unwnd, awkward posting in general around T3 - seems unsure what to do with themself in general. the lack of caring / disinterest after T3's slip feels kinda forced? #184 might lean petapan away from being a werewolf. Feels too rude and mean if peta knows T3 is town, but less so if Peta genuinely thinks T3 is scum of some color.

Since then I feel like what little content they have posted has been rather forced. *could be* townie dismotivation after T3 brought D1 to a screeching halt. but also, it really didn't, and it feels more just like Peta wants the day to end so he can stop having to play.

lean scum.
Vaxkiller

who? votes me and then later says im town. maybe town for the lack of self awareness? shrug
Dannflor
T3

a shining beacon of towniness caught in a tragedy of shakespearean proportions
WhemeStar

hey so on the surface the whimsical WOOP WEE LET'S PLAY MAFIA attitude seems towny, but idk if it's just me but it seems kinda overboard and forced, like maybe someone is trying to cover for the fact they don't really wanna be here? Also reinforced by the fact that whemestar basically came in for one posting spree and hasn't come back since. tonal reads are trash tho so

whemestar coming down on the side of T3!town isn't suspicious but I find the "T3 is obv town" angle to be a bit over zealous, feels like it's trying to capture townie over confidence without actually having the depth of thought process necessary to back such confidence up. usually town has some sort of moon logic backing up their confident hot take

in this case whemestar doesn't really say anything other than IT'S OBVIOUS. morph *SHOULD KNOW* that I am town??? weird fucking case on morph considering T3 has like 10 votes or whateverthefuck. Why Morph specifically? Later randomly 180s and says "I am willing to vote the T3 slot now" - disappears from thread.

Scum?
VFP

who? weak engagement with pooky - town read on T3. meh, slight gut read town but honestly this slot isn't doing anything
Celestial Powerhouse (anon hydra)

meh, I'm still coming back to town on this slot and I'm suspicious of the amount of scum reads this hydra has garnered. Feels like scums want this to be an elim at some point but the interactions this hydra has had (BOTH HEADS!) is pretty good. the case that they are roleplaying too much??? is nonsense. idk I think their approach to my slot has been in largely good faith even if they've still come down on the side that I am scums. could have just ignored me yes and might have decided to engage with me to look town but I actually think scum would find it easier to just dismiss my slot rnow - feels more uninformed than some

I liked the read on Pooky - uh generally I find the small amount of roleplay pretty uncomfortable and unforced

idk I'm struggling to see what people find so scummy about this slot
Kazyan

eh, I guess I've swung back around to town on this slot. I think most people on this playerlist except for maybe unwnd are going to underestimate Kazyan. I'm town reading him now but also he's not to be underestimated. Don't do it. He's analytical and strategic and clearly self aware - as such his swing from mild rage and AtE to calm and rational reads list seems manufactured. However, I can see that coming from town or scum him, and I think there may have been some truth to his frustration early on, especially if he feels he has to modify the way he speaks in order to be town read. his dedication to me being scum despite all the circumstances changing is probably net towny

so I'll say town here for now
Kakeguri Addicts (Yumeko Jabami & Mary Saotome)

I don't have a lot to say here. I said I hope they are town because they seem very town and I hope they are - but if they aren't town's gonna be in trouble. I guess cause it's multiball someone could still shoot em. wow multiball is barely mafia. anyway, still want me dead which is the correct play, but are still trying to play the game while the day goes on. wary of people suddenly going off in random directions which is good. much less busy work and more condensed content than the morph cat hydra.

town. i hope!
Taco Hemingway

bad posts. except #1140 is a good post.

null leaning scum. but one of those slots where I don't really trust any confident read.
unwnd

town. I started overthinking this into scum but then I stopped. I think unwnd has been the most genuinely curious out of all the slots in the game. I've seen more unprovoked pokes and questions about of him than anyone else. again worst streaking of posts was that thing with Echo, but I'm giving that a pass for now. I especially enjoy how he's divided up his reads into which people are influencing the game the most. particularly his interactions with morph and a couple others have an uncertainty to them that doesn't feel performative. feels comfortable in his posts but simultaneously uncomfortable with the level of solid reads he has garnered.

idk i think unwnd is the most obvious town slot in the game so far.
The Resistance (Titus & Ircher)

ircher needs to post more, I don't like how dominate Titus has been here. overall though, I buy Titus' read on T3 and it feels like the most natural defense of the slot I've seen out of all the slots who decided I was town. unsure about the crusade against slots who want me dead, feels a little overboard and I feel like mechanically Titus should know it's probably best if im deaded at the end of today
Lukewarm

towny, but that feels like a pretty uncontroversial read. but I think he has pretty bad reads sooo, your mileage may vary. has pushed exactly zero things yet this game. I want Lukewarm to be more active because the posts they are making are nice and buttery and good to my ears but they are taking a stance so he could be like a grima wormtongue figure this game. just (clap emoji) because (clap emoji) i (clap emoji) am (clap emoji) the (clap emoji) defacto (clap emoji) elim (clap emoji) doesnt (clap emoji) mean (clap emoji) you (clap emoji) cant (clap emoji) push (clap emoji) things

mixed, do active things lukewarm, u are too... lukewarm
Reiuji Utsuho

who
mastina

who
Echolocation

feels more comfortable than both times I have seen her as scum. generally she defaults to a single strategy as scum and leans in hard, and I've seen more variety in her play here already. worst span of posts were the ones concerning unwnd but I'm willing to give it a pass as just interpersonal relationship stuff. seems at ease and when she does come in to post content she doesn't try to *replace it* with pocketing or filler posts. While those still exist its interspersed naturally with some curiosity.

I'm pretty sure this is town this time.

yes they are performative but PERFORMATIVE DOES NOT EQUAL SCUMMY - it is a separate measure that can be scummy depending on the context under which the performativity is found
Uncle Shelby

Ythan
kdowns

idk
Anya

don't really know why she's defending me. the sudden attack on Kazyan feels less like trying to figure out his alignment and more like she found a chink in the armor, an easy wagon that she can be aggressive about and push. The weird follow up asking me to acknowledge her feels weirdly self aware and more focused on her rather than trying to solve my alignment. idk I am not seeing a ton of genuine curiosity here about solving people's alignments, more just actions meant to generate reads and generate pushes. lean scum.
ManateeDude

I think I'm probably switching this to town. I liked their response to my prodding, didn't try to change history to make herself look better. Liked her convoluted wheme - dann theory that made no sense which is ++ town. seems kind of unconcerned by scum reads. town.
Vecna

I guess I liked the way they tried to engage with me? Seems level headed and like they're shooting down the most asinine takes, but that's not really town indicative. idk they haven't really done much that is notable despite a high volume of posts, largely inoffensive takes and pushes. I would guess town for now.
PookyTheMagicalBear

I find it scum indicative that nothing so far in this game has been interesting enough to Pooky for him to latch onto it enough for it to poke through his trolly veneer. Like, he hasn't really dropped the act once in order to either push something, defend something, or even just state a read that's been outside of his "lalala multiball troll" attitude. I would expect at this point for something in the game to have caught his interest, but he seems more intent on finding ways to post that don't actually say anything, rather than reading the thread

scum.

that's probably about all the *hair twirling* ive got in me for this but will be around the rest of the day to answer questions i suppose

would have been nice to play with y'all under different circumstances
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:27 am

Post by ManateeDude »

o/ hello everyone I just caught up
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:29 am

Post by ManateeDude »

nvm I should probably read that wall huh
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:31 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

hell yes. bottom tier scum read
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

i dont think ive ever not bottom tier scum read you so take that with a grain of salt
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:33 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

at least you're consistent
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Anya »

In post 1131, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
In post 1128, Anya wrote:squawk
you voted us right? do our recent posts change your mind?

also Anya isn't a ydrasse alt.

-Mister Ocean
can you present your best post
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Taco Hemingway »

Dann if youre trying to live through this day phase maybe treat the people who are willing to ignore your wagon with some better faith eh?
My posts are not "bad", nor does post quality determine my alignment.
You're reeking desperation here and the only reason im not turbo pushing you bc i dont find 1 person focus tunnels useful

Also didnt really read any of the other reads bc dont care
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:36 am

Post by ManateeDude »

Taco town for that post I think
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Dannflor »

i am not trying to live through this day
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Taco Hemingway »

ill see u in dead chat sod2 then
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

see you then
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:42 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 1162, ManateeDude wrote:Taco town for that post I think
i don't think it's good but I do read it as town for now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

ouch taco cannot catch a break
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Anya »

dann you can just ask and i'll veto your elim today no questions asked
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:47 am

Post by ManateeDude »

think wheme is a way better elim today. keeping Dann around at the very least provides us with more content even if he does flip scum and honestly as town I see him being helpful later in the game
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Celestial Powerhouse »

In post 1152, Lukewarm wrote:My pool of slots I am wary of are: Morph, Unwnd, Titus, Ydra, Dann
Im really concerned with the fact that Lukewarm's scum pool is all power players actually.

I think this means that lukewarm is either getting paranoid as town
or he is scum who is afraid of the influence they might have.

I see the latter more likely because he's a good player and I respect his game. I feel like he wouldn't let paranoia get the best of him here.

another thing is that I'm not a fan of one other person. this was something I was thinking for quite a while but I just forgot what their name was. I'll be back but need to put this here so I dont procrastinate and end up forgetting completely.

-Mister Ocean
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
roam the earth, searching for entertainment.
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:49 am

Post by ManateeDude »

@morph for a slot as outspoken as you are I find it odd you don't have a vote down. where will/would you place it right now?
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:50 am

Our best post? uh, take a quick skim over our iso I guess?
I dont think any of the posts are good because I'm literally traumatized by my experience with large themes on this website. but I think all of them are decent in the sense that I have no agenda because I'm town? but I dont know what else to say about that.

-Mister Ocean
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:52 am

Found it. Vecna. I have issues with that slot. Remind me next time I post to do something about that because I'm not feeling like explaining the vague stuff that I remember.

-Mister Ocean.
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1168, Anya wrote:dann you can just ask and i'll veto your elim today no questions asked
1. elim me and we don't risk any PRs outing
2. no one is ever going to trust me enough for me to have any significant influence on this game alive and my position probably means that what reads i can garner aren't as good as they might otherwise be
3. players in control of the game state like kakeguri and morph want me dead such that even if I live to the next day phase, the game is still going to be stuck on my slot and that's very harmful
4. you don't have that type of power anyway
5. it's more informative to kill me today and get it over with than any other day

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”