Not Voting:
GeneralWu, navigatorv

With
players remaining,
votes to eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-07-25 22:43:37)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by navigatorv »

In post 95, GeneralWu wrote: If you're a townie, you know 100% that you're town, so if you get zgrynibysed you know that town will 100% lose one member.
I'd say that asking to be zgrynibysed is NAI because both town and scum have strong motivations for not wanting to be zgrynibysed.
Yes, but with town you know that there's at least six other people who can still win for you and it's better to be down one townie than have the vote split over suspicions that make it easier for scum to manipulate. It's not a great strategy, but it's one that has a higher chance of benefiting town than mafia on account of it being less of a hit which is why most people think it's a town move
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 69, navigatorv wrote:Wu is probably the scummiest of the people that have posted so far, but I don't know if that's just me being easily influenced. One thing I will say is the assumption that scum won't bus day 1 is false, that's actually a somewhat effective strategy in certain games, especially on this forum (at least that's what I was told by one of the SE players in my last game). All it takes for a mafia victory is one tricky and charismatic scum player, so having a partner isn't technically necessary, especially since that'd make it easier for you to have more influence on who dies since you'd have complete control over NK
Hmm, do you think he's the scummiest because you agree with what others have been saying about him? Go into a little more detail about this.
In post 83, navigatorv wrote:(Also sorry for writing paragraphs all the time, I like to go into detail woth my thoughts and can go overboard sometimes ^^')
No need to apologize, your posts aren't that long at all and it's always better to make yourself clear with what you're saying. d=(´▽`)=b I prefer that to someone who spams a bunch of one-liners (although I will sometimse double-post if I feel the things I'm posting are separate thoughts that don't really go together)
GeneralWu wrote:What's pocket again?
I remember hearing this word before but I haven't played mafia in so long that I've forgotten what it means.
"pocketing" generally refers to scum trying to get a town player on their side by doing things like agreeing with them, defending them, complimenting them, anything to get someone to view them favorably. It's a curious accusation to me because most newbie scum players don't particularly aim to pocket people, and, well, if your aim right now were pocketing people you'd be doing a very poor job of it seeing as you're the leading wagon on page 5.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 97, catboi wrote:
In post 77, Roden wrote:As an aside, I know we're still early in the game but I want to hear more from Catboi and StG. StG just isn't saying much, and Catboi is a really strong town player from what I've seen so I'm surprised he hasn't been more active. 2061 was a very impressive and entertaining town win and I've been hoping to get in a game with him ever since reading it.
Oh gosh, didn't realize I had a fan. 。(*^▽^*)ゞ

For real though, for most of that game I felt like I was a huge mess, and only barely recovered at the end, in part because I was in a position where the two other town players were likely clear to me and so I was best positioned to figure out the truth. In the newbie games I've played since returning to the site, the early game has not been a strength for me - I'm still trying to work out the best way to provoke discussion and move things forward without dominating the conversation or causing misunderstandings. I work better when there's more evidence to analyze, which is why I like replacing in. My approach to this game is still undecided, in an ideal world I'd hang back from an ivory tower and watch things play out before passing judgments, but if the game isn't moving enough I'll have to nudge things things along

(as for why I was inactive, though, I didn't feel like posting on friday night)
This is actually closer to my preferred town play too. I'm usually more aggressive as scum since I already have a bunch of info and don't have to worry about being wrong. But every time I try to play aggressively as town, I often end up throwing lol.

Also fair about not wanting to post on a Friday night.
For you, anyway, I feel like most of your posts have been giving off something of a 'neutral' vibe - you've been avoiding ruffling any feathers with the stuff you've been saying and that won't do for me. I want to hit me with your strongest opinion right now - if you absolutely HAD to guess someone as scum right now, who would it be?
Oof, yeah you got me there. I'm trying to hang back a bit more like I said, but also I just had a scum game and it was draining for me.

Gun to my head, guess on scum would be difficult tbh since Val and Shwinnebego haven't given us much to work with, and you admittedly haven't generated much content yet either. Maybe T3? Town locking Navi this early into the game feels off.
In post 99, GeneralWu wrote:What's pocket again?
I remember hearing this word before but I haven't played mafia in so long that I've forgotten what it means.
It's basically just the act of gaining somebody's trust. Usually done by hard defending them and/or sheeping their reads, but you can also just be super friendly with them so they feel too guilty to vote for you.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

shwinnebego has been prodded.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 96, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 81, T3 wrote:I'm confident that nav is town.
Why though?
His early viberead, him saying he can be easily influenced meanwhile agreeing with me. Complex thought processes and emotional reactions are something newbscum can't fake.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:17 am

Post by shwinnebego »

I’m keeping my vote where it is based on vibes!

Anyone who thinks I should move it should ping me and make a compelling case
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:28 am

Post by catboi »

Can you explain those vibes?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:28 am

Post by catboi »

Also, do you mind if I ask what your home forum is and what games are like there?
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:35 am

Post by shwinnebego »

I’ll post more complete reads eventually. I didn’t realize that each game day was a week tbh

Home forum is breadnroses, game days are usually a day

Range of high chaos to vanilla but we skew high chaos
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:38 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 37, navigatorv wrote:Everyone's talking about their past games and I'm over here like "this is my second game ever" lol

Tbh the RVS stage seems practically designed to throw people off-track, so imma reserve judgement for when there's more to go on.

I will say that T3 gives me weird vibes that I can't quite explain, but I dunno if I'd outright call him scum.

The only other person I've really taken notice of is Val but since he's VLA I'll have to wait til he comes back to look more into.

If I were to read alignment into this post I’d say it vibes evil. Take my word for it.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:39 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 52, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 51, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 47, GeneralWu wrote:Right now my only input is that catboi seems to be trying pretty hard, so he's a bit towny.
So is meg.
how much effort is considered trying?
I think they're trying hard because they're doing their best to make reads even though there aren't many posts. When there aren't many posts, making reads like that is considered trying in my opinion.
Also evil. Take my word for it. I am an epic checker of vibes
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:40 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 107, catboi wrote:Can you explain those vibes?
I also think you’re probably evil
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:40 am

Post by shwinnebego »

There, those are my reads
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:54 am

Post by catboi »

Well, my thoughts on you have gone from probably town to scummy to confused in a very short period of time.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Roden »

In post 109, shwinnebego wrote:I’ll post more complete reads eventually. I didn’t realize that each game day was a week tbh

You're used to 24 hour games but then you disappeared for over 36 hours? Doesn't really add up to me.

VOTE: Shwinnebego
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:28 am

Post by T3 »

Provable lies are NAI.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:45 am

Post by navigatorv »

You say to take your word for it, but aren't really making a compelling argument. Are you just grasping at straws or are you just going off of gut-feeling and insisting everyone agree with them?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Roden »

In post 116, T3 wrote:Provable lies are NAI.
Technically true, but I think context matters here. If he usually plays quicker games and didn't expect Day 1 to take so long, it makes no sense for him to be a non-presence here unless he's trying to avoid attention. He hasn't shifted his vote off of you yet either even though he claimed three other people are evil.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:29 am

Post by T3 »

Avoiding attention is also NAI.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 115, Roden wrote:
In post 109, shwinnebego wrote:I’ll post more complete reads eventually. I didn’t realize that each game day was a week tbh

You're used to 24 hour games but then you disappeared for over 36 hours? Doesn't really add up to me.

He might just be busy or something.
Or he might think that since day 1 is so long, there's no need to post as much right now.
I think his activity is NAI.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 119, T3 wrote:Avoiding attention is also NAI.
Gonna have to disagree here. He's not just avoiding attention, he's lying to evade directly saying that. I don't see the town motivation for that.
In post 120, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 115, Roden wrote:

He might just be busy or something.
Or he might think that since day 1 is so long, there's no need to post as much right now.
I think his activity is NAI.
You're assuming a lot here. If any of that was an issue I think he'd just say that.

Not really sure why you two seem to be against pressuring him and want to shut down potential content. Are you TMI'ing that you know Shwin is town?

VOTE: GeneralWu

I don't normally switch my vote up this much. But if you don't want to pressure scummy activity, then pressuring you instead seems like the only way to get this game going.

Can you tell me why you don't even want to consider pressuring someone who lied and is trying to avoid attention?
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

I don't think shwinniebego's inactivity is scummy. Usually, people who don't post that much might just be busy

I think shwinniebego probably just doesn't know exactly what's going on, and I wouldn't attack him this soon.

Besides, where did shwinniebego lie?
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 121, Roden wrote:I don't normally switch my vote up this much. But if you don't want to pressure scummy activity, then pressuring you instead seems like the only way to get this game going.
This sounds like "kill shwinniebego or die".
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 122, GeneralWu wrote:I don't think shwinniebego's inactivity is scummy. Usually, people who don't post that much might just be busy

I think shwinniebego probably just doesn't know exactly what's going on, and I wouldn't attack him this soon.

Besides, where did shwinniebego lie?
I wanna add that if he keeps doing what he's been doing, then that's suspicious. Since this is his first game on this forum, I think he's just getting used to everything; but if he continues to not provide any evidence for any of his claims, then that raises some red flags.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”