Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VC 1.03

Preparation
[1] Gate
:
ssbm_Kyouko
[0] Wall
:

[2] Keep
:
T3, catboi

[6] Unassigned
:
skitter30, Something_Smart, implosion, unwnd, PenguinPower, Dunnstral

The Preparation Phase deadline is in
: (expired on 2021-07-25 11:27:06)

Mod Notes
: Something_Smart and skitter30 are V/LA until the 20th. :]
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 286, unwnd wrote:I have two scumreads now I think

I know I'm being vague but it will come to fruition, eventually
Going to take a guess at your scumreads: Skitter and Implosion
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:04 am

Post by T3 »

Oh, I didn't know scum can't vote. So then Gate is autowin because the non conftowns cans crossvote and whoever shows up on the vc is confirmed town?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

???
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

That is incorrect, and I don't know where you got that idea
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:14 am

Post by T3 »

In post 283, skitter30 wrote:I forgot that scum cant vote
If ur pledging to vote i suppose it makes u less scummy but even so i dont think that was a good thing to do
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:14 am

Post by T3 »

Oh wait I'm being dumb.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:15 am

Post by T3 »

Based on context I think what skitt meant was that scum in keep can't vote or they lose.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

Unwnd/catboi's interactions feel really weird and stilted
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:04 am

Post by catboi »

In post 291, implosion wrote:I think skitter's reaction to catboi last page is townish. I don't think catboi promising to wield the hammer at keep is townish, obviously if catboi follows through then they're town but it's a quite easy thing to say and then not follow through on for any of x reasons (being swapped out or a changed gamestate, etc).
In post 293, implosion wrote:or well i'm not discounting skitter certainly but i do like her last page quite a bit.
That is easily the scummiest set of posts in the game, haha.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

I dont entirely get
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:08 am

Post by catboi »

Don't know if scum backing up a partner or just bad reads, though.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

Also rhe fact that catboi doesnt get why people may find him scummy is sort of >.>
You're like expecting people to townread you when i dont think you've really done anything to merit that read
Show
Hiatus once more.

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:14 am

Post by T3 »

What if scumboi was desperate so he decided to do the same gambit as last time? I feel like that would make sense if everyone's early solves are correct.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:16 am

Post by T3 »

In post 309, catboi wrote:
In post 291, implosion wrote:I think skitter's reaction to catboi last page is townish. I don't think catboi promising to wield the hammer at keep is townish, obviously if catboi follows through then they're town but it's a quite easy thing to say and then not follow through on for any of x reasons (being swapped out or a changed gamestate, etc).
In post 293, implosion wrote:or well i'm not discounting skitter certainly but i do like her last page quite a bit.
This post comes across as very forced.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

I dont know what he did last time but i also dont know why me suggesging catboi/unwnd should not go to the keep should prompt.that responde
Show
Hiatus once more.

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:19 am

Post by T3 »

In post 37, implosion wrote:
unwnd is quite town for page 2. catboi to a lesser extent.

I think there's some amount of advantage we could eke out by controlling where people go but I think we also can get a fair amount of useful info just from where people decide to go on their own. unwnd, since you were specifically worried as scum about town's options to synchronize, I'm curious what exactly you didn't want town to have the option to do.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:20 am

Post by T3 »

In post 315, skitter30 wrote:I dont know what he did last time but i also dont know why me suggesging catboi/unwnd should not go to the keep should prompt.that responde
From what I gathered he went into the keep saying he would want to be the hammer vote and was townread for that. I might be wrong though.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:23 am

Post by T3 »

In post 316, T3 wrote:

I think there's some amount of advantage we could eke out by controlling where people go but I think we also can get a fair amount of useful info just from where people decide to go on their own. unwnd, since you were specifically worried as scum about town's options to synchronize, I'm curious what exactly you didn't want town to have the option to do.
skitter says unwnd/catboi interactions feel weird. Immediately after that, catboi drops a scumread on implosion. implosion's 37 is townreading catboi and unwnd for bad reasons.
Partner interactions day 1 are bad but if I had to choose one of them to flip first probably catboi, maybe implosion.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 313, T3 wrote:What if scumboi was desperate so he decided to do the same gambit as last time? I feel like that would make sense if everyone's early solves are correct.
You should really probably actually read the last game if you're going to hypothesize about it, because what I did is antithetical to what our team did in that game. In the first game, Briar brute-forced herself as a townread and jumped to the keep, we swapped out the other universal townread in absinthe and swapped in Infinity, who the town had been confirmation-biasing as scum. We ensured scum was the most townread player at the keep for an easy 1-0 lead. Me doing that here as scum...would almost unquestionably put the team down 0-1 instead, as I'm not particularly townread. In terms of motive and optics, it's nothing like what scum did the last game (if anything, it's closer to Anastasia)

I don't really expect you to have good reads or any sort of sensible logic, but luckily for my purposes that's completely irrelevant.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 318, T3 wrote:
In post 316, T3 wrote:

skitter says unwnd/catboi interactions feel weird. Immediately after that, catboi drops a scumread on implosion. implosion's 37 is townreading catboi and unwnd for bad reasons.
Partner interactions day 1 are bad but if I had to choose one of them to flip first probably catboi, maybe implosion.
That wasn't implying a scumread on implosion, it was saying skitter is blatantly scum for how she reacted to my jump.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:28 am

Post by T3 »

In post 319, catboi wrote:
In post 313, T3 wrote:What if scumboi was desperate so he decided to do the same gambit as last time? I feel like that would make sense if everyone's early solves are correct.
You should really probably actually read the last game if you're going to hypothesize about it, because what I did is antithetical to what our team did in that game. In the first game, Briar brute-forced herself as a townread and jumped to the keep, we swapped out the other universal townread in absinthe and swapped in Infinity, who the town had been confirmation-biasing as scum. We ensured scum was the most townread player at the keep for an easy 1-0 lead. Me doing that here as scum...would almost unquestionably put the team down 0-1 instead, as I'm not particularly townread. In terms of motive and optics, it's nothing like what scum did the last game (if anything, it's closer to Anastasia)

I don't really expect you to have good reads or any sort of sensible logic, but luckily for my purposes that's completely irrelevant.
Then I'm just bad.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:30 am

Post by T3 »

In post 309, catboi wrote:
Also I was talking about this.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 320, catboi wrote:That wasn't implying a scumread on implosion, it was saying skitter is blatantly scum for how she reacted to my jump.
Ok and i think ur blatantly scum *for* the jump
What would u do if i went to the keep
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:39 am

Post by catboi »

In post 321, T3 wrote:
In post 319, catboi wrote:

Then I'm just bad.
I mean, yes. Also it's incredibly irritating to have multiple people making speculative reads based on a game they haven't actually read. It's not like it's particularly hard to find, I have no idea why you'd simply guess at the events of a game instead. If anything my play currently is closer to Anastasia from that game.

I'm fine with the situation I'm in, though - I control my own destiny unless scum swap me out, but doing so means they probably lose the keep regardless.

Return to “Completed Open Games”