Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:52 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 208, catboi wrote:
In post 204, shwinnebego wrote:Well obviously You are scum and so is General Wu
In post 205, shwinnebego wrote:Can’t be hammering your evil buddy just when you were starting to create a plausible rift between the two of you before the discussion organically shifted towards sussing other posters without too much blatant pressure from you, as you remain townread by most of the thread for your ostensibly earnest hunting, now can we? ;)
I was under the impression you were townreading generalwu. Do you believe that to not be the case anymore?
i'unno
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:55 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 211, navigatorv wrote:Shwin: Pretty sure at this point he's just a troll. None of his posts have had anything of value barring maybe his reads list (which is questionable at best), his votes are for the most asinine reasons, and he's all but stated that he doesn't really have an interest in the actual game itself. Tbh he's made the game super un-fun to play which is partly why I've been so quiet and I think from now on, unless he starts taking things seriously or subs out, I'm just going to ignore what he says just because the chances of it actually being worth the attention are astronomically low.
If you have suggestions on how I can play differently let me know! I'm doing the best I can.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:56 am

Post by shwinnebego »

(In my experience, my playstyle is not any less effective at hunting wolves than anyone else's - at least not on D1. I think town will thank me for drawing attention from wolves in various ways.)

VOTE: shwinnebego
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 221, Val89 wrote:Have you any opinion on his 'I won't disclose my read on catboi', catboi?

I'm struggling to think of a town justifaction for both withholding a read, and saying you are withholding a read without prompting, and I can't think of one.

I can see some occasions when you might feel it would be +town to withold the reasons for a read, in niche circumstances, but the actual read on a specific player?

Maybe there is something in your wider experience on the site that gives some idea as to what is behind that.
Honestly I'm just not very smart and don't know how to articulate reasons for my actions very well lol, there's not a lot more to it!

I hope it's still okay for me to play this game even if I don't know what I'm doing!
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:03 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Either way I'll be quiet for now until someone asks me a question directly - no guarantees I'll be able to answer though
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:15 am

Post by catboi »

You could...not selfvote for no reason? That's just playing against win condition regardless of what side you're on.

My issue with you is that not that you disagree with me or think differently, but that you don't seem to have any consistency or sense to what you're doing, you claimed generalwu was a townread, then threatened to hammer him, and when I unvoted, suggested we were partners. I question you on this and you can't even be bothered to give an explanation.

The overall impression you give off is that you're bored and screwing around because you don't want to play anymore.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:15 am

Post by catboi »

In post 228, shwinnebego wrote:
In post 221, Val89 wrote:Have you any opinion on his 'I won't disclose my read on catboi', catboi?

I'm struggling to think of a town justifaction for both withholding a read, and saying you are withholding a read without prompting, and I can't think of one.

I can see some occasions when you might feel it would be +town to withold the reasons for a read, in niche circumstances, but the actual read on a specific player?

Maybe there is something in your wider experience on the site that gives some idea as to what is behind that.
Honestly I'm just not very smart and don't know how to articulate reasons for my actions very well lol, there's not a lot more to it!

I hope it's still okay for me to play this game even if I don't know what I'm doing!
...that was a question meant for T3. Why did you answer it?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:17 am

Post by catboi »

Well, not meant for T3, but about T3 specifically and a post he made. Which was clear from the context of our surrounding discussion. I have no idea why you read that post and assumed it was about you >_>
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:18 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 231, catboi wrote:
In post 228, shwinnebego wrote:

...that was a question meant for T3. Why did you answer it?
Because I thought it was for me. Here, I'll put my vote back on you: VOTE: catboi (since you are as good a guess I have for who is evil) and *now* I'll refrain from posting until requested
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:18 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 232, catboi wrote:Well, not meant for T3, but about T3 specifically and a post he made. Which was clear from the context of our surrounding discussion. I have no idea why you read that post and assumed it was about you >_>
Because I am not very precise with my reading of the thread.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: shwinnebago i feel like this drama is coming from scum.

t3 is town i bet. I feel like he would have done something crazy as scum by now. i don't know how accurate that read is but that's what my gut's saying.

i still hate roden's vote on shwinnebago but maybe he's onto something, although with his pussyfooting around voting shwin (going quickly to generalWu) maybe they're partners, that's probably my solve at this point.

catboi feels very solvy, as does navigator.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 214, T3 wrote:I really like to fakeclaim and crumb as either aligment.
Except that isn't born out by the numbers. 9 completed newbie games. 3 out of 4 scum games you fakeclaimed/crumbed (ie: almost all) and 1 out of 5 town games you fakecrumbed (ie: almost never. You didn't even crumb when a legit town PR). It's not a massive dataset, but I think it's big enough to start drawing conclusions from. Given those numbers, your "Remind me when I've done it as scum" feels entirely performative. If you do something regularly in your scum games, and not in your town games, I find it difficult to believe you can't remember your own habits in regard to this, particularly when we spoke about it not more than about 10 days ago.

My main issue with the whole idea of the T3 fake crumb is that you have demonstrated you know why fake crumbing is good for scum - you talk about it in your PTs, and you do it often as scum. What use it is it to town? You might get lucky, fake crumb something that is in the column we are in, scum buys it, and you might draw a nightkill. For that minor, and certainly not guaranteed payoff, you risk confusing town, you risk being read as scum if and when it become clear the crumbs were fake, you risk outting a legit PR in case of a counterclaim, and you give scum a space to hide and an excuse to drop their own fake crumbs.

The most generous I can be here is to consider the possibility that T3 is actually town, knows his own self-meta and doesn't want his fake-crumbing to be an obvious T3 scumtell, so starts doing it in his town games. If so, then he is doing something to help scum and sandbagging his town game in order to gain an advantage in some future scum games. If that was the case, he could have just said so - it wouldn't be a very good look but it would have been better than just lying and increase the amount of suspicion on your slot. In any case, that doesn't account for the other scummy stuff he has been doing. The simpler explanation, and the one that fits with the other stuff I've noticed, is that T3 is scum here, too.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:06 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 192, shwinnebego wrote:
In post 184, Roden wrote:
In post 176, Val89 wrote:
In post 161, Roden wrote:.

But basically, when I get scum read as town I tend to think the person accusing me is likely scum, especially if I think they have a really bad reason for doing so.
Let’s see how well your self improvement regiment is working. You are scum! I think it’s evil to share your own internal process about how you react to being sussed. Real townies have no feelings, we sublimate ourselves to the collective good. VOTE: Roden
I don't think it's scummy to share your own internal process about how you react to being sussed. I think it's towny because you can scumhunt by looking at the people who are attacking you and then figuring out who's attacking you in a suspiciou smanner.
In post 193, shwinnebego wrote:I’ll hammer General Wu right now out of boredom if someone asks me to
In post 196, shwinnebego wrote:Why don’t you want General Wu hammered?
In post 197, shwinnebego wrote:That’s a highly suspicious move. Putting vote pressure on Wu and then hopping off after I threatened a hammer?

I’m struggling to read that behavior through a town lens.
That's a towny move because he's trying to not rush the day.
It's scummy how you want to hammer out of boredom.
In post 201, shwinnebego wrote:I think you are a very suspicious catboi

I’d vote ya but I need to keep presh on Roden. They have it comin!
Your reason for voting Roden seems pretty bad.
In post 227, shwinnebego wrote:(In my experience, my playstyle is not any less effective at hunting wolves than anyone else's - at least not on D1. I think town will thank me for drawing attention from wolves in various ways.)

VOTE: shwinnebego
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:10 am

Post by GeneralWu »

shwinniebego is just jumping around, and I think he's trying to find all sorts of ways to accuse people for little or no reason.
His reasons are also not really making sense.
I think there's a chance he's scum.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:17 am

Post by GeneralWu »

I don't think shwinniebego/roden is w/w. If they're both scum, I don't think they're very coordinated.
A few of Roden's posts seem off (like 115, which sounds suspicious), but shwinniebego is probably the scummiest as of right now, though.

catboi is acting very towny right now because he could've just kept his vote on me and let shwinniebego hammer me for no reason, but he chose not to.

Also, save the dragons has posted mostly only one-liners as of right now. It doesn't seem like he's joining the discussion, and that's a bit suspicious.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:22 am

Post by T3 »

In post 236, Val89 wrote:
In post 214, T3 wrote:I really like to fakeclaim and crumb as either aligment.
Except that isn't born out by the numbers. 9 completed newbie games. 3 out of 4 scum games you fakeclaimed/crumbed (ie: almost all) and 1 out of 5 town games you fakecrumbed (ie: almost never. You didn't even crumb when a legit town PR). It's not a massive dataset, but I think it's big enough to start drawing conclusions from. Given those numbers, your "Remind me when I've done it as scum" feels entirely performative. If you do something regularly in your scum games, and not in your town games, I find it difficult to believe you can't remember your own habits in regard to this, particularly when we spoke about it not more than about 10 days ago.

My main issue with the whole idea of the T3 fake crumb is that you have demonstrated you know why fake crumbing is good for scum - you talk about it in your PTs, and you do it often as scum. What use it is it to town? You might get lucky, fake crumb something that is in the column we are in, scum buys it, and you might draw a nightkill. For that minor, and certainly not guaranteed payoff, you risk confusing town, you risk being read as scum if and when it become clear the crumbs were fake, you risk outting a legit PR in case of a counterclaim, and you give scum a space to hide and an excuse to drop their own fake crumbs.

The most generous I can be here is to consider the possibility that T3 is actually town, knows his own self-meta and doesn't want his fake-crumbing to be an obvious T3 scumtell, so starts doing it in his town games. If so, then he is doing something to help scum and sandbagging his town game in order to gain an advantage in some future scum games. If that was the case, he could have just said so - it wouldn't be a very good look but it would have been better than just lying and increase the amount of suspicion on your slot. In any case, that doesn't account for the other scummy stuff he has been doing. The simpler explanation, and the one that fits with the other stuff I've noticed, is that T3 is scum here, too.
I did crumb in my mason game. The third word of my first few posts was VFP.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:23 am

Post by T3 »

shwinn is a prime example of legit "TSTBS"
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 am

Post by GeneralWu »

Where did T3 fake crumb in this game again?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:26 am

Post by T3 »

In post 15, T3 wrote:Come on Val! Can't I just be your FRIEND?
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:31 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 241, T3 wrote:shwinn is a prime example of legit "TSTBS"
I don't think he's TSTBS; he's more likely SSTHIS (so scummy that he is scum).
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:34 am

Post by GeneralWu »

Also quick note I think Meg is towny. Though he has few posts compared to some of the other people in this game, those posts show some really decent effort to scumhunt.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:40 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 18, shwinnebego wrote:VOTE: T3

hello!
In post 106, shwinnebego wrote:I’m keeping my vote where it is based on vibes!

Anyone who thinks I should move it should ping me and make a compelling case
These are some of shwinnie's early posts. He votes T3 on the first page, even though T3 just got voted earlier. This might be a genuine townie move, but I can also see it coming from newbscum who, during RVS, vote people who have already been voted just to find a way to push to eliminate someone.

Also, shwinnie says that "anyone who thinks [he] should move it [the vote on T3] should ping [him] and make a compelling case". However, he himself barely makes a compelling case to explain why he voted T3 in the first place. This sounds suspicious to me.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:41 am

Post by GeneralWu »

Also speaking of T3, I just realized that we joined this website almost exactly one year apart.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:43 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

bumping for page top because why not
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:43 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

a
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”