Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:10 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 511, catboi wrote:No, you literally have not established how I advance the scum win condition at all in your hypothetical. Your theory is that my sneaky, nefarious plan is to make a snap move to the keep that earns the ire of half the game, and get out of a promise by swapping myself out of the keep. You are painting a narrative that begins with the presumption I am scum, and so anything that happens with me must be for some nefarious purpose. The goal, for scum, is to win locations. How is the swap supposed to benefit that? Answer that rather than obfuscating and claiming you already answered.
Alright well I'm definitely not obfuscating as I've been quoting some of my already-provided answers. scum!you that swaps out of Keep is probably swapping out for a low-confidence town like Skitter or Implosion, and your teammate in this situation is either Dunn or T3. If you get to swap with Skitter or Implosion that are at Wall, I think you have a decent shot at that minigame against some other more nullish players like PP and S_S.
In post 524, unwnd wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current makeup of the wagons should indicate that scum has already chosen a spot? See there's 4 left for the choosing and well, scum can lose if they're all forced into one. I don't know if this has happened though, because if I'm scum and I see only one spot is left? I take that last spot just so I don't lose.
You're not wrong, scum has already chosen spots. You wanna tell us where?
In post 529, skitter30 wrote:I think that all scum exept mayhr implosion are already at a location tbh

I dont know if it really matters if i go to gate or wall, but if someone still has a strong opinion abt it still plz say so cuz otherwise i will hammer gate soon
I want Implosion at Gate - but I think he thinks I'm still SRing him. I think PP should go Wall now as well with S_S. Then I think you and Implosion should agree on who takes Gate and who takes Wall, though up to me I take Implosion at Gate.
In post 538, Something_Smart wrote:I feel like I should be fine to VOTE: Wall at least. I would imagine I'm the least Gate-fit person of everyone left.
Yeah this seemed the foregone conclusion anyways
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:13 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Reminder, btw, that 2-1 scum has 6 choices on swaps, and 1-1-1 scum have... a lot more, so we want 2-1. At this point we want someone who could be partnered with me or unwnd in Gate with us. I'll let rest yall decide, I was thinking implosion before thinking about the partner thing, and I think from outside perspective skitter can look like my partner, and she's possibly an unwnd partner, so maybe I do like skitter better for gate
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:26 am

Post by T3 »

In post 574, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 573, T3 wrote:I think unwnd is scum so implosion should go to the gate.
Same but also you could just be echoing me to reinforce my coming-around TR on you
I'm scumreading implosion. Also, look at the thought process behind it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

If we cant get 2-1 at wall i'm not entirely opposed to sending implosion to gate as well
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:57 am

Post by catboi »

I think you're looking for excuses to avoid going to the gate now.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Well that's a conclusion
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

So the fact that you + unwnd want me to go to gate is a little suspicous for me
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by catboi »

Whatever. I think you're playing tactically and don't actually want to go to the gate, have never wanted to go to the gate, and were hoping someone else would take the gate before you so you would have an excuse. As that hasn't happened, you're entering into this incredibly performative exchange where you balk at the idea because this somehow our scum plot (of course, trying to articulate what that could actually be wouldn't be possible, because nothing makes sense, you fall back on vague notions of it being "suspicious")

NEVER MIND the fact that unwnd was open about wanting to go to the gate with you from the moment he jumped there, I've been largely okay with it for most of this time, SUDDENLY NOW it's a big deal???, Yeah, not buying it! ✾(〜 ☌ω☌)〜✾
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 565, unwnd wrote:I am literally reading Kyouko/T3 as either having one scum (both? Unsure) or two townies who will lose the game for us.

I don't know how else to put it without being mean. I just think you two operate in one-dimension and don't have the experience to have nuance in your reads.
I have almost no doubt at this point that T3 is town. What I have to hope is that incredibly artificial-sounding lines like the following:

In post 574, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 573, T3 wrote:I think unwnd is scum so implosion should go to the gate.
Same but also you could just be echoing me to reinforce my coming-around TR on you
really are fake, or we probably just lose this game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 582, catboi wrote:NEVER MIND the fact that unwnd was open about wanting to go to the gate with you from the moment he jumped there, I've been largely okay with it for most of this time, SUDDENLY NOW it's a big deal???, Yeah, not buying it! ✾(〜 ☌ω☌)〜✾
I mean i've been wanting to go there for quite a while now, but ok

@ssbm u ok to end the phase?
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by catboi »

I invite you to prove me wrong but I have the feeling you're looking for an out.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I'm not really sure what gave u that idea but ok
If everyone is ready to end the phase i'll do it

But i want it noted that i think what you're saying rn is somewhat manipulative and scummy and is in no way alleviating my you/unwnd concerns
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by catboi »

And I still think you're scum at this point so I don't really
care
what your supposed concerns are! I felt you were being scummy and I felt the need to call it out, because I want to make sure I get heard at some point in this game. As scum I wouldn't even bother, I know this is going to be bad optics for me until I flip, the hope is that I can do so without 1v1ing you.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 579, catboi wrote:I think you're looking for excuses to avoid going to the gate now.
SkitteR has been pretty adamant about going gate (or me going gate) since the beginning…what are you on about?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Mmm - I guess there was some hesitancy, but she’s still fine with going so….idgi
<(") | (")>
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Feels like he's trying to goad me to gate tbqh :shrug:
Show
Hiatus once more.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

But you were already preferring to go gate so I don’t see what goading you accomplishes.
<(") | (")>
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Idk
Apparently he thinks i'm not

Either way u ready to end the phase?
Show
Hiatus once more.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Yeah
<(") | (")>
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 588, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 579, catboi wrote:I think you're looking for excuses to avoid going to the gate now.
SkitteR has been pretty adamant about going gate (or me going gate) since the beginning…what are you on about?
I'm talking about this:
In post 571, skitter30 wrote:
In post 556, unwnd wrote:Would you prefer to be at the other place?
Idk i'm more concerned by the fact that u want me there
I dont want ss or implosion at the gate
In post 578, skitter30 wrote:If we cant get 2-1 at wall i'm not entirely opposed to sending implosion to gate as well
I'm being open that I think it could have been a bluff and she's looking to justify not doing it now.

It is possible I could be being conspiratorial and stupid right now! But that was how I reacted to those posts.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 591, PenguinPower wrote:But you were already preferring to go gate so I don’t see what goading you accomplishes.
Really, if I want to manipulate people I'd probably be less overt about it. I'm not
that
bad. If she's scum I can't actually manipulate her into doing anything, if she's town...well then I'm being stupid, I guess.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I mean - that was a point in your defense.
<(") | (")>
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by implosion »

Now I'm paranoid of skitter :\

T3 and ssbm both say they want me at gate and she says she's probably okay with that and then i assume is her saying she's going to go to gate anyway, immediately after that?? unless i'm misreading 592
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 582, catboi wrote:Whatever. I think you're playing tactically and don't actually want to go to the gate, have never wanted to go to the gate, and were hoping someone else would take the gate before you so you would have an excuse. As that hasn't happened, you're entering into this incredibly performative exchange where you balk at the idea because this somehow our scum plot (of course, trying to articulate what that could actually be wouldn't be possible, because nothing makes sense, you fall back on vague notions of it being "suspicious")

NEVER MIND the fact that unwnd was open about wanting to go to the gate with you from the moment he jumped there, I've been largely okay with it for most of this time, SUDDENLY NOW it's a big deal???, Yeah, not buying it! ✾(〜 ☌ω☌)〜✾
Let's say skitter is scum - what do you think her strategy is in trying to get on wall? Who do you think she wants on Gate?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by unwnd »

I want to give Catboi a townread but I'm worried of it being preemptive. The thing about Catboi is that I know he's willing to adjust. Change aspects of his play and try new things. His argumentative process is vastly different from Fortress, where it just seems way more raw. Catboi was way more about presentation in both his reads and output, where here it doesn't follow a stylistic pattern. His words I would even say are a bit choppy, which makes it seem like he's not just reading from a script. In Fortress I had a fake scumread on him and then he'd just drop some wall that made it difficult for me (as his own partner) to scumread him lol. That isn't happening here. The personal affront he took towards T3 (and to some extent, Kyouko) compounds this feeling, where it seems that he feels solely responsible in a way. Yet he remains slighted by individual people and now is something is welling up inside him to prove everyone wrong. It's a underhanded way to play this game but I can really understand it. My only concern of that read is again knowing Catboi's range.
--

Everything going on right now feels like pre-phase. I don't townread Skitter but I can't say I scumread her. I will say that her coming conclusions on Me/Catboi is a bit head tilting and her usage of how do I put this? Scummy now ask questions later. She seems really jumpy despite there being a lot of unknown and I'm not really a fan of that approach. Is it confidence, and if so..where is it coming from? I can't read Skitter's tone as I previously said and she hasn't dropped enough inner monologue for me to get a good idea of what she's thinking. The constant 'this is really scummy' feels very slighted and I'm not sure what point she's trying to prove. Calling something scummy does not make it actually scummy, it usually requires a bit more.

Who else? Penguin/Dunn are both pretty enigmatic in general and don't reveal their intentions easily. Gut read on Dunnstral being town but take that with the biggest grain of salt. T3/Kyouko are almost in an ironic way the exact opposite where it's no holds barred. I think I would rather develop reads on Penguin/Dunn but it's not as simple as asking. I know both of them will take their time. T3/Kyouko however are already trying to make conclusive arguments without any aforementioned data I was talking about. I read their persistence right now as towny just for how naive it is. Like they aren't just hiding an agenda and letting their thoughts dilute in-thread. The behavior from Kyouko is so self-assured but it hasn't been earned in my opinion. This is not to offend her, but it's like a quasi-town leader. Who exactly made Kyouko leader and why is everyone just letting it happen? That's something I would like to find out eventually. Then you have T3 who almost plays secondary and believes in Kyouko as a town leader, and it's becoming an echo chamber. Are they both town bulls or scum whose idea of thread control is blindness. This is dangerous given they're both scumreading me and I'd rather not be down 1 when scum just needs to secure 1 more victory in order to win.

I don't have much to say about Implo/S_S right now, so you're spared a paragraph about them.

I can't say I really scumread anyone. That's a bit personally frustrating which is why I'm hoping the phase moves on and I have something like data to look at. Everything else is mostly conjecture.
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”