Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2969 (isolation #200) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2949, Dusa wrote:I am not as smart as GuiltyLion....
Dusa! Are you buddying/pocketing me? I know you are a very smart person, you are the one who showed us Gamma's scumminess!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2970 (isolation #201) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

work's been kinda hell this week and I don't have much time to do a lot more right now. I'll try to effort a bit later today after work cause I think some rereading/engagment with Dusa/DGB might be useful
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2986 (isolation #202) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I reread DGB's ISO with a focus on it's takes on Yuri

lots of strong Yuri townreading early in the game, stance has since shifted to "I think Yuri's town but would vote there to resolve the slot"

I could see it as buddies with a scum!Yuri

I also remembered the way DGB tried to challenge my scumread on flipped scum Qoobee slot, I could imagine this as a soft defense of a buddy:
In post 732, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 336, Qoobee wrote: Gamma probably is town for how early his wagon stalled out, I think if this was a wagon on scum; scum would probably have piled on harder to maintain some semblance of control over the first hood.
This feels reachy and possibly made up to me - do you think Gamma was at especially good odds of being eliminated? And do you think scum are necessarily going to commit to a bus early when any of them get wagoned?
In post 337, Qoobee wrote:Top Tier Townreads:

Oka Poka, DGB, Dannflor

Second Tier Townreads:

Bell, Hypothermia, Gamma Emerald, Bingle, Yuri G, Unowen

Bubble Territory:

Fakegod, Dusa(If this is Isis she gets a ticket to the next level and maybe top tier)
I also don't particularly like this readslist. I'm still in the process of reading, but at this point in the game I don't see any of Oka/DGB/Dannflor as especially top town, they are all experienced players and nothing any of them had done yet is beyond a capable scumrange. Also feels strange that DGB's one given scumread was Bell but Qoobee has Bell as a townread and no dissonance about top townread DGB scumreading them. It's also just holistically a lot of townreads on the generally more active players in a game where there's 5 scum, I don't see any suspicion towards active players trying to be townread/take Leadership Roles and it's decidedly not confrontational

also, why not move your vote from Gamma at this stage?
In post 754, DrippingGoofball wrote:@GuiltyLion

You think that one's reads should perfectly align with the reads of one's townreads?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2992 (isolation #203) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2991, Bingle wrote:
In post 2968, GuiltyLion wrote:Yuri greenflip means we should go for UNOwen and/or A50.
Why A50?
it's not super thought out but he'd be a POE pick, I still don't like his FakeGod D2 scumread and thought he could be bussing T3 since he was very confident in T3 scum. I'd probably have to go back and really reread and think about the point in the game when he was a counterwagon to Cupcake though
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2996 (isolation #204) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2994, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2992, GuiltyLion wrote:thought he could be bussing T3 since he was very confident in T3 scum
Oh, you're just jealous I am a better player t5han you are. :P
Hah! :P you know since my hiatus my reads on my return have overall been pretty solid, it's just my confidence in them that's gone to shit
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3000 (isolation #205) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2689, Yuri Gagarin wrote:I thought you were p hard TRing STD, GL?
I would call this the last game advancing/content generating post Yuri has made, and it was over a week and a flip ago

Town is winning this game so far, IMO people whose participation falls off notably here are more likely scum

I also think the points I made about that D1 VC are still good
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3002 (isolation #206) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think Yuri is good odds of scum but I'm less sure on whether we should be trying to organize the hood for the case where he flips town, or assuming he flips scum. You're in 3 hoods already, and I think people are gonna be suspicious of you if we go through a few miselims, so use your best judgment? I'd put you in but I'm uncomfortable being the only one with input on it, I also think I'd want FakeGod and Bingle in the hood first for sure tbh
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3025 (isolation #207) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2938, GuiltyLion wrote:if Yuri is town there's almost certainly at least one scum if not both in {GL, UNOwen, Titus, Dusa}, yet he's been constantly suspecting A50 - who was voting on the scum counterwagon to his own slot? Why is Yuri looking there and not at people voting him when his wagon was largest?
Rest of the post and my highlight why your associatives with 3 flipped scum on D1 are bad, and indicate that scum didn't want to vote you despite being a leading counterwagon to scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3026 (isolation #208) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Sorry, not 2040
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3031 (isolation #209) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3028, Bingle wrote:Because if there is no one who can be scum with Yuri that makes Yuri town.
IMO it's harder right now to find scum in the world where Yuri is town, especially again going back to that D1 period I keep harping on where the entire scum team was failing to capitalize on a Yuri wagon driven by two confirmed townies and let Cupcake/Gamma get wagoned instead
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3037 (isolation #210) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:51 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3035, DrippingGoofball wrote:I mean look at the timing
I dunno to me it looks like FG was thinking there's a scum in Yuri/UNowen (), waited to see if Yuri would come and play (, ), and is now willing to vote Yuri after Yuri posted another glorified prod dodge (). What's suspicious to you about this progression?

I really feel Yuri is just stalling and hope we get bored with him / hope to not townspew more remaining townies. He literally has not played this game the entire day phase, his lone vote on A50 is not doing anything to advance the game and is also really not logical in his shoes nor justified.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3046 (isolation #211) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

the one thing I'd like to reiterate is if Yuri does flip scum, I think the Oka kill was expressly meant to try to get closer to majority in the D1 hood, in addition to him being a champion for Yuri elimination. I really don't see why he'd be killed otherwise since he was in no other hoods. So my guess is the final scum would also be in the D1 hood
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3047 (isolation #212) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 337, Qoobee wrote:Top Tier Townreads:

Oka Poka
, DGB,
Dannflor

Second Tier Townreads:

Bell
, Hypothermia,
Gamma Emerald
, Bingle, Yuri G, Unowen

Bubble Territory:

Fakegod, Dusa(If this is Isis she gets a ticket to the next level and maybe top tier)
I also forgot I meant to call out this post - could be interesting on Yuri redflip, would mean two buddies in "Second Tier" townread and probably clears UNOwen, Bingle, Hypo as I don't think scum would group three of their buddies together. I'd suspect the last buddy is in one of the other tiers, slightly more suspicious of DGB being sandwiched between two confirmed townies.

The other players not mentioned in this post (so effectively, a fourth group/tier) are
Cupcake
, GL (though I know I'm town), AlmostSolo

I also think this bit about Dusa potentially being Isis is less likely to be theater and points to Dusa town - feels like Qoobee trying to buddy Dusa and possibly suss out her real identity.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3048 (isolation #213) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh Dragons/
Lavar
weren't mentioned there either - whoops, did 15 players instead of 17 in my head and forgot those two
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3081 (isolation #214) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

aaah good game everyone, I hope you all had fun, I did!!

Superbly moderated and the setup was really cool - I'd love to play this kind of game again. Thank you so much for modding NSG :]

I was wondering what would happen endgame if I was alone in like Hood 4 or Hood 5 and could shoot by myself, but I hadn't quite started fully thinking around those scenarios yet I was still just trying to find the last scum. Excited to read the dead thread. I do think this setup is maybe harder for scum than I originally thought having seen how it played out, the extra incentives to bus when your teammates get suspected must put you in a difficult place, I feel.

This was a really great playerlist I enjoyed playing with each and every one of you!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3094 (isolation #215) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3089, OkaPoka wrote:wim matters a lot and currently i think scum wim is a lot lot lot lower than avg town wim
this is something I've been struggling with a lot over the past few years and I'm not sure I know what to do about it

whenever RL shit hits or I'm just busy and I can't keep up with townies with high WIM, it's manageable when I'm town because I still fundamentally like playing the game, solving, sharing reads, finding people I can trust

but when I'm scum, lying and manipulating people just drains me so much more, it takes like 3x as much time and energy to post, so the second I don't have a lot of time or am not in a great mood, keeping my own wim up to match town's is just tremendously difficult

I'm forever jealous of people who enjoy playing scum, I can occasionally find fun in it but it never feels
good
during the game the way mindmelding with other townies does. there's no reward until the game is over, I think maybe I could find ways to make it easier on myself by playing a little more loose and not worrying about playing scum
well
, but I haven't found success figuring out how to do that yet
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3109 (isolation #216) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm so happy Dusa wasn't scum lol, I kept thinking about all the times I felt certain we were on the same wavelength, it would have been top 10 anime betrayals for me if she were
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3132 (isolation #217) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3128, FakeGod wrote:Thanks for carrying me town
I think you helped a lot being obvtown and pushing Gamma on D1, also you had the correct Titus solve at first in Hood 1 and I didn't go along with it

+1 to Oka's comment about this being a team effort, town played really well overall we were wagoning scum left and right at the start of the game, to the point where it actually made things a bit harder to sort out in the midgame due to how rare it is town has so many wagons on scum on D1
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3176 (isolation #218) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3173, FakeGod wrote:I haven't seen good scum team since...
checks wiki...
Guns & Roses III.

That was some high quality mafia playing.
oof don't remind me, I recently reread my ISO in that game and it was rough, so close to catching each member of the team at different points but talked myself out of each of them at crucial junctures over and over again

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”