Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Prism »

In post 270, Prism wrote:More concretely, I don't cede control of the game Day 2 unless I have extreme faith in my partner.
To clarify on why this is, while I am a tryhard as town I straight up
refuse
to lose as scum. I haven't flipped it often but I haven't lost a scumgame since 2016, I do not just go "haha it's up 2 u now" and peace unless I foolproof it first. In a Newbie game or something I'd be a bit more deferential/open to teaching but with this table absolutely not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 271, MURDERCAT wrote:you and SS will always live in the could be scum range
Why us specifically?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

If I were to pick out people at this table with scary scumgames I would
not
be pointing to myself.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:40 am

Post by catboi »

In post 215, Prism wrote:Sorry to rope you in again so soon cat, but I'm curious if you agree with me on HEM.
Don't have a problem with you talking with me, just didn't want to make it all
about
me because I felt that would be unproductive. Curious why you reached out to me in particular, though?

I don't solidly townread HEM like you do, but I think at this point I know well enough the reasons you townread people are often strange to me; we don't really think alike. I do like how sounds, that is not a hard post to fake as scum but in the moment it would be hard to commit to such a gambit, because if the bluff gets called it's game-losing. Still mulling over how I feel about his posts on page 9, I can see the attack on murdercat coming from either alignment.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:40 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 274, Dannflor wrote:this is lazy

I'm not calling you scum but this is a bad way to play mafia I think
In this particular setup I am pretty confident that it makes sense to have questionable but leantown players pair up at some point. I'm not sure whether it makes more sense to do it early or later, but I do think it's advantageous.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

Something_Smart just gets underestimated a lot I think
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 279, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 274, Dannflor wrote:this is lazy

I'm not calling you scum but this is a bad way to play mafia I think
In this particular setup I am pretty confident that it makes sense to have questionable but leantown players pair up at some point. I'm not sure whether it makes more sense to do it early or later, but I do think it's advantageous.
I don't take qualms with that logic, I take qualms with the assumption that neither will become more readable
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 277, Something_Smart wrote:If I were to pick out people at this table with scary scumgames I would
not
be pointing to myself.
You don't give yourself enough credit imo
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 am

Post by catboi »

In post 273, humaneatingmonkey wrote:So whats up catboi how do we know prism is town
I just
feel
it. Every time I try to explain it prism tells me it's a bad reason to be townreading them and that I'm scum for doing it and I yell at them they're scum for reading me wrong and I cry into my pillow for hours, and then in the end we both end up flipping town anyway. (´;ω;`)

So now I'm not even going to try to explain. Haven't actually encountered Prism-scum firsthand in a forum game, but have done some research, and I do not feel this is it.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:49 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 281, Dannflor wrote:I take qualms with the assumption that neither will become more readable
My point was more that I have respect for both of their scum games to the point that I would not want to have to choose one of them in endgame. If they are both town I think them pairing leads to autowin. I think there is something to be said about taking a bigger risk now because if prism/HEM pair and HEM is scum it's going to suck to figure out which of them to pair with later.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:51 am

Post by catboi »

In post 232, Dannflor wrote:murdercat/catboi while we're doing hero solves

the cat team
I don't think we'd be so blatantly coming up with similar reads as a team, and in fact a trivial thought experiment of how to play this setup as scum made me realize that doing so would be actively atrocious strategy. Am questioning whether we're thinking similarly or he's just shadowing me, though.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:53 am

Post by catboi »

In post 239, Prism wrote:I think Infinity is well-aware that she's likely to be caught out by the wider table. The "Why not?" approach is fine if you're pursuing one path but allowing for both, and Infinity is not.

Dannflor's last post seems +town but maybe I'm really starting to lower the bar if I think Dann/Murder/S_S are town just for giving mostly basic reads.
Not to give too much credit but the reversal from to feels genuine.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

at the very least I don't think it'd be too controversial to say catboi and prism probably aren't buddies?

like i'm not completely discounting theatre but this feels like a very weird type of theatre to do for
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:57 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I want to pair Dannflor with Something_Smart
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Prism »

In post 278, catboi wrote:Curious why you reached out to me in particular, though?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=86615

I believe you have some experience with HEM as scum, and I recall you spotting him out quite easily.

You don't have to go indepth as to the specific behaviors if you want to keep a competitive advantage, but I would like to know the name of the games you looked at. I think this is a fair compromise given that I have exactly two scumgames since 2018 and a few posts from scattered ones where I had to replace out early.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Prism »

In post 283, catboi wrote:Haven't actually encountered Prism-scum firsthand in a forum game, but have done some research, and I do not feel this is it.
Cool, feel free to clear me at any time so HEM feels better about it at any time. Totally not setting you up to be quarantined after I flip red, I promise.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 252, Dannflor wrote:
In post 140, catboi wrote:Dann got the sweaty scum in rvs aura
In post 142, catboi wrote:
In post 79, MURDERCAT wrote:I think I will claim my strategy. I want to be alive late into the game and won't be trusting until endgame
Towny
In post 143, catboi wrote:Prism/S_S town, this game is going to be over in like a day
like this is what I'm talking about, it feels like fake bravado

I think purely on tone this feels towny because oof they are excited to be sorting and giving a lot of takes but

it actually just feels more like catboi is making it up. mostly because most of his posts are *giving* takes in reaction to things but he's not actually interacting with any of things to plumb deeper. It's just observing and then spitting out the opinion
First move into the game I'm going to be firing surface-level takes, depth and nuance comes later as there's more to work off of, that stuff's all gut.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:05 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Murdercat, anything about Infinitys game so far that you are sus of?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Prism »

In post 628, catboi wrote:I'm ambivalent towards humaneatingmonkey. I couldn't necessarily point to anything he said that was glaringly bad but his overall play felt a bit sideliney and geared toward targets that were either lhf or blatantly self-destructing. I had him as a pocket scumread coming into the game because some of his posts with regard to orctin felt rather shifty and he seemed to be minimizing attention on orctin while directing people's focus elsewhere, but I don't want to get too deep into preflip associatives. 558 about Dum is a bit of a head scratcher because he seems to be implying it's scummy for Dum to have fallen off in activity, rather than just being a case of someone not having enough time for the game. The townread on ninjastore today is a bit of a headscratcher as well in how loose/easy it is, feelsa disproportionate level of confidence for the reasoning behind it. Didn't like the way he was pushing JV but I sort of expected scum-him to continue tunneling me on my entry to the game if I presented myself as a threat but he agreed with me on orctin pretty quickly, he's either town or a very pre-emptive busser. I guess ultimately my feeling is while there's maybe only a few spots in his posting that strike me as odd there isn't anything I would say is necessarily obvtown and out of the scum range of an experienced player.
Do you believe HEM has displayed any similarities to the above, ex. sideliney, shifting attention, confident/ease of reads, pre-emptive busser
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 291, catboi wrote:First move into the game I'm going to be firing surface-level takes, depth and nuance comes later as there's more to work off of, that stuff's all gut.
that is fair

it just felt like... posting to post?

I have yet to see that gut stuff be coalesced and synthesized into your later nuanced reads so it's possible I'm scum reading a play style
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:10 am

Post by catboi »

In post 289, Prism wrote:
In post 278, catboi wrote:Curious why you reached out to me in particular, though?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=86615

I believe you have some experience with HEM as scum, and I recall you spotting him out quite easily.

You don't have to go indepth as to the specific behaviors if you want to keep a competitive advantage, but I would like to know the name of the games you looked at. I think this is a fair compromise given that I have exactly two scumgames since 2018 and a few posts from scattered ones where I had to replace out early.
To be perfectly blunt: I'm not sure I could have confidently caught out HEM on his own there, and despite the strength of my read I wasn't confident enough I could present a convincing case for it. The primary strength of the read was based on his associations with his newbie partner who was obvscum; I think trying to compare play between the two games wouldn't be useful given the experience level is wildly different - you don't play scum around newbies the same way you play around experienced players, I think that's true for most players even if they're not fully conscious of it. The setup is atypical as well, traditional tells aren't necessarily going to work because we're not voting for eliminations.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:16 am

Post by catboi »

In post 271, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 266, catboi wrote:Hmm, when did I go from being in your never trust group to being enough of a townread to want me to pair off?
We are up a pair and I think you and SS will always live in the could be scum range, so it would be good to solve both of you at once. It's not the mostly likely to be town pair, but it would polarize the rest of the players left over.
That's...kind of an odd approach to take, and why us two? I feel like something_smart is decently readable, given enough time. Why not aim for the more confident townreads early? That feels like a basic risk mitigation strategy.
In post 272, Prism wrote:
In post 262, Prism wrote:catboi could literally make every post thus far as scum on 72 hours of no sleep and juggling 3 8 lb bowling balls oh fuck no
b4 u start crying in ur room about me tunneling u btw cat i'm not saying that every post you made is scummy or something (only the ones about me!!!) but 100% you doing basic reactions/reads is NAI
Compliment accepted, friendo~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Prism »

If this is HEM/catboi I am going to be so salty because catboi is saying all the right things to make me internally doubledown on HEM town
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 23, Hectic wrote:I've dreamed about it for 4 trust fall games now
since not mafia in the four (3) person hydra game!!!
In post 149, Infinity 324 wrote:I wanna live until endgame and fall with kitty
why are people saying things of this sort when noone is proposing to them or indicating a desire to do so
In post 174, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why inutile, murdercat?
hm
In post 180, MURDERCAT wrote:tbqh I don't think any combination of scum ever wins this setup
too cheeky right
In post 254, Prism wrote:Mostly looking forward to when inutile comes online, hopefully makes the game much easier.
reporting for duty
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:22 am

Post by inutile »

In post 298, inutile wrote:
In post 174, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why inutile, murdercat?
hm
i think murdercat was being kind to me regardless there
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in

Return to “Completed Open Games”