catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:

If that is actually true I am rather annoyed at him bluffing a scumread on you but it means things make a lot more sense to me and I have an opportunity to fully reset my reads.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I would like to suggest switching on StD or GeneralWu whenever shwin confirms the masonry.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 308, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 291, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 279, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: SavetheDragons

I dislike eliminating shwinniebego here for a few reasons.
1. The first is that I find it likely that if they are a town, they are probably a PR ( or doing some WIFOM thing). I would not want to out them if they are so.
2. I think that their flip doesn't give us much information. Either they are a town that has very much struggled adapting to the meta on this site, or they flip scum, which would be a very attractive bus on a new player. Either way we don't learn much about other players.
3. I honestly don't scumread them that much, they seem too apart from the norm of mafia games like this, so I think their behavior is NAI.
4. I feel that their input will generate discussion that could end up being useful to town.

Instead I feel like StD is a better vote, they overall don't provide much to town.

Shwinniebego, you should post your input if you feel like you need to say something, it will both help you get better and may help town.

I would like StD to post their reads and contribute a bit more substance. It doesn't really matter if you can't post often, but at least try to post something that is useful when you do.

And T3 appears to be avoiding confronting the accusation made at him by Val89, although the accusation doesn't hold a whole lot of weight imo.
So how did you feel that shwinnie's input will generate discussion that could end up being useful to town? Before you made this post, I don't think shwinnie posted much content or gave many reasons for his reads.
I also want meg to answer this question, because I'm pretty curious.
Meg meg meg did you answer this question yet?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

My main point with that part was that it seemed like swhinniebego had had a very different experience with mafia and was reading things in a different way than most of us. As such, a differing opinion could generate some good points if we end up being off track. I think that point was correct, because swhinnie responded to that post with what i think are a lot of good points in his next post.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 354, MegAzumarill wrote:My main point with that part was that it seemed like swhinniebego had had a very different experience with mafia and was reading things in a different way than most of us. As such, a differing opinion could generate some good points if we end up being off track. I think that point was correct, because swhinnie responded to that post with what i think are a lot of good points in his next post.
I see.
I just found it very strange how you said shwinnie could contribute in one post, and then shwinnie immediately changed playstyle.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

It is very odd, although it doesn't really mean much whenever they become confirmed mason with someone else.

I would like to discuss today's lynch since it doesn't look like it will be T3 or shwinnie. I have said my thoughts, but would like to hear from other peeps.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 175, GuyInFreezer wrote:GeneralWu (4): Roden, MegAzumarill, catboi, T3
stray thought, but was looking back at votecounts because I wasn't sure if who had/hadn't been pushing generalwu, and that wagon feels pure? I don't think that's a fool-proof metric as I've seen and been part of an all-town wagon on town, but that was partly motivated by deadline pressure and this decidedly wasn't. Will think more tomorrow.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Personally I'm with Val; I don't quite buy T3 being a mason on just his word alone. I'd like to hear from Shwin before making any judgements about lynching
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 329, Roden wrote:I have a theory about T3 that formulated when I went to bed last night, but idk if I want to pursue it.

I said earlier that I think Shwinn was either scum claiming or troll claiming. And if he's troll claiming, he's likely a PR. In this scenario, I have a feeling T3 is his buddy, due to the way both are acting and reacting, but also because of a gut feeling.

Which to me, means they're either scum buddies or Masons.

Like I said, I'm hesitant to pursue this. Either I'm making a huge hero solve or this ends in disaster because I'm outting both Masons. I think they both have had scummy behavior, but if they're doing it on purpose to avoid getting NK'd I'm gonna be so sad.
In post 341, T3 wrote:Or... maybe I'm literally masons with shwinn.
You ever get hyped about being right and then get sad that you were right at the same time
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 357, catboi wrote:
In post 175, GuyInFreezer wrote:GeneralWu (4): Roden, MegAzumarill, catboi, T3
stray thought, but was looking back at votecounts because I wasn't sure if who had/hadn't been pushing generalwu, and that wagon feels pure? I don't think that's a fool-proof metric as I've seen and been part of an all-town wagon on town, but that was partly motivated by deadline pressure and this decidedly wasn't. Will think more tomorrow.
Which was motivated by deadline pressure and which wasn't?
When they were all voting me, there was still a lot of time left. :?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 352, MegAzumarill wrote:I would like to suggest switching on StD or GeneralWu whenever shwin confirms the masonry.
This is where I'm at right now. Masons might actually just make this easier if we can narrow it down this much before Day 2.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 358, navigatorv wrote:Personally I'm with Val; I don't quite buy T3 being a mason on just his word alone. I'd like to hear from Shwin before making any judgements about lynching
Personally, I also wouldn't believe T3's claim alone either, and I agree that we can't 100% believe T3 without shwinnie's word. I don't think it's very good to pretend to scumread your mason partner...

And T3, if you're fakeclaiming as town, though you say it's NAI for you, it's a bad move for town...

But assuming T3 and shwinnie are masons:
My pool is everybody except myself, catboi, std, and the masons for today.

I think std is town; I checked his other games and he usually just doesn't post anything more than one-liners and stuff as town.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 344, Val89 wrote:The very next person who needs to weigh in on this next is exactly Shwinn.
Look, I know this is a newbie game, and I can't be too cross with you all as a result, but Jesus H Christ - was that not spelt out clearly enough?

This gambit only works if you all open your mouths and start speculating what you will do "if if proves T3 is a mason", which is as good as saying "I'm not the PR you looking for for" as far as letting scum know who T3s hidden partner should be targeting for the NK when and if schwin comes along as says "Hold up, I'm no Mason!".

Schwin needs to come along and tell us whats up. Just Schwin. Do us a favour and chill out until that happens. There are 3 days left, and even if you personally beleive the Mason claim, that gives you time to pivot once schwin has posted.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:47 am

Post by T3 »

If I'm scum fakeclaiming then mechanically I'm in autoloss.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 am

Post by Val89 »

Only is both schwin is your partner, and also actually claims to be a Mason with you before the CC.

Folks, T3 knows this - don't be taken in it by it. Wait for schwin before any more of you basically claim VT.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:53 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 1.10

T3 (2):
Val89, navigatorv
GeneralWu (2):
T3, Save The Dragon
shwinnebego (1):
Roden
Save The Dragons (1):
MegAzumarill
navigatorv (1):
shwinnebego

Not Voting:
GeneralWu, catboi

With
players remaining,
votes to eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-07-25 22:43:37)

MegAzumarill - V/LA (7/25 - 8/1)
shwinnebego has been prodded.
Save The Dragons has been prodded.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

waiting for shwinn
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:23 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Hi. I am extremely not in a mason chat with anyone.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:24 am

Post by shwinnebego »

VOTE: t3
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Val89 »

What a shock.

You heard it here first, folks - I'm pretty sure catboi is T3s scumbuddy.

Details to follow, but I'm on my phone right now.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Val89 »

I have to ask, though, shwinn, since it's still possible you are T3s buddy, although you were always going to say "I'm not a Mason", why did it take this before you voted T3?

Why wasn't T3 your vote yesterday?
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:51 am

Post by navigatorv »

Quick question: do you think that T3 would sacrifice himself to let his partner finish the game or is it possible he was hoping to get away with it and just got bussed?
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:02 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 371, Val89 wrote:I have to ask, though, shwinn, since it's still possible you are T3s buddy, although you were always going to say "I'm not a Mason", why did it take this before you voted T3?

Why wasn't T3 your vote yesterday?
There’s probably a longer response but it boils down to “cuz I’m lazy and stupid”
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:04 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Or I guess cuz I didn’t think he was the most evil seeming person. I guess I should have? I dunno everyone seems slightly evil to me.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”