geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:53 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 725, Dwlee99 wrote:Two days to make something happen, folks.
We could always....not
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Just... No lim? Huh?
I prefer they, thanks :)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 584, Dwlee99 wrote:Why is Titus' go to insult this game to call people children?
Because I'm bragging about how old I am and the responsibilities I carry, duh.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:23 am

Post by Titus »

I want to see the VC. I don't feel confident enough to push anything through.

Right now, I think Rodan is the youngest child. Math inherited the "meanest" child slot.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I know it might be weird but I am also an adult™ now :P
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Titus »

I am the fairy Godmother. You're all children. Some just more lovable than others but I'm not supposed to say that part out loud. Someone broke my precious vase and you’re all blaming each other.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

Fairy godmother I am wish for reads from you. I understand your mojo hasn’t fired enough to cast a spell but would love it if maybe through talking you can find your mojo. :)

Not sure what you mean by meanest child :(
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MaxTheFox
MaxTheFox
Goon
MaxTheFox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:41 am

Post by MaxTheFox »

In post 727, Dwlee99 wrote:Just... No lim? Huh?
But if we NL day 1 then we wouldn't have much info day 2 aside from the NK flip (who will be a townie) and any investigatives that decide to come out. And barring a good vig shot, we have no chance to kill mafia until day 2 in that case.
Slightly busy and a new player.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 733, MaxTheFox wrote:
But if we NL day 1 then we wouldn't have much info day 2 aside from the NK flip (who will be a townie) and any investigatives that decide to come out. And barring a good vig shot, we have no chance to kill mafia until day 2 in that case.
This. Plus we also then go to evens. Evens is much better for scum as it gives them a mylo kill most of the time.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Max I think we should lim. I was asking if geraintm thought we shouldn't.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 734, MathBlade wrote:
In post 733, MaxTheFox wrote:
This. Plus we also then go to evens. Evens is much better for scum as it gives them a melo kill most of the time.
Edit by way of post. Sorry for accidental old abbreviation
GTKAS -- MathBlade
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:52 am

Post by geraintm »

Oh, ialways advocate no eliminatiom day 1. I believe we are much more likely to eliminate town than scum day 1, so why give them a free elim
MaxTheFox
MaxTheFox
Goon
MaxTheFox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:58 am

Post by MaxTheFox »

In post 737, geraintm wrote:Oh, ialways advocate no eliminatiom day 1. I believe we are much more likely to eliminate town than scum day 1, so why give them a free elim
See I think omo has at least scum equity. You might disagree, but in that case lim is better as killing scum usually has a bigger positive impact than the negative impact of killing a townie (there are less scum, thus we need to kill less to win, while scum needs to kill more).
Slightly busy and a new player.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 737, geraintm wrote:Oh, ialways advocate no eliminatiom day 1. I believe we are much more likely to eliminate town than scum day 1, so why give them a free elim
This is actually a bad idea mechanically.

Assume we elim town 80% of the time D1 Scum 15% and no elim 5% (These numbers are pulled from my butt don’t quote me on them)

Assume the statistically likely 3 scum (it makes the argument easier to understand while we don’t know this it’s pretty likely)

Assume no vig either for simplicity

D1 is 10v3
8v3
6v3
4v3 on D4 worst case scenario

Contrast with no elim D1 you get
10v3
9v3
7v3
5v3 D4 on worst case scenario melo >> SOP is no elim here.
4v3

You’re looking at just two chances to hit scum before melo not three.
A wrong elim is almost certainly better than a no elim not just for info but because we don’t give scum a free Townie kill.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

Instead of “hit” vs “miss” good play is more like building a block and filtration system.
The more we build and communicate and hone our filter the more likely we are to hit scum.
If we get rid of the scummiest (yes doesn’t always correspond to scum) now then elo becomes harder

It’s what town did not do in my recent scum game. Instead they went after PRs for mechanical reasons (and other reasons) after I poisoned the well. Galron who was by all accounts a lurker, same with Wheme both made it to elo. This should never happen even if both were town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87020

Here is a link to it.

For all intents and purposes Town should have won that game
It was odd night cop, even night rolecop, full doctor, two town neighbors
Vs
1 shot strongman, 1shot redirect, one shot flavor and doctor + informed that the two cop roles of some kind exist

Neighbors didn’t utilize hood that well
If town communicates no way we woulda won that game
Town was continually shooting itself in the foot

Don’t let perfection get in the way of “good”
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Town are always more likely to eliminate town than mafia barring investigative results. But not killing anyone means you completely miss your chance to get mafia. Night kills never hit scum, so you have to kill them during the day.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 740, MathBlade wrote:Instead of “hit” vs “miss” good play is more like building a block and filtration system.
The more we build and communicate and hone our filter the more likely we are to hit scum.
If we don’t get rid of the scummiest (yes doesn’t always correspond to scum) now then elo becomes harder

It’s what town did not do in my recent scum game. Instead they went after PRs for mechanical reasons (and other reasons) after I poisoned the well. Galron who was by all accounts a lurker, same with Wheme both made it to elo. This should never happen even if both were town.
Ebwop sorry merger thoughts
GTKAS -- MathBlade
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 am

Post by T3 »

Votecount:
  • Dwlee99 (4): Salsabil Faria, ssbm_Kyouko, Titus, ManateeDude
    ManateeDude (2): omo, Dwlee99
    omo (2): MaxTheFox, DrippingGoofball
    DrippingGoofball (1): marcistar
    Salsabil Faria (1): geraintm
    Not_Mafia (1): Not_Mafia
    marcistar (1): Roden
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2021-07-25 10:22:01).
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Spoiler: Votes Since Last Votecount
In post 301, oʍo wrote:VOTE: Manatee

sorry kyouko i think roden prob town here
In post 338, Saudade wrote:VOTE: Titus
In post 356, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 301, oʍo wrote:VOTE: Manatee

sorry kyouko i think roden prob town here
Okay, saudade, manatee are 2 town down I think. I was ready to vote manatee earlier too. Are scum not posting? Dwlee/Titus/?

? Could be max but i was in both her previous games and i can say with certainty that entrance is nai.

VOTE: titus
In post 392, Dwlee99 wrote:I am having trouble reading people so I'm sheeping my mason buddy.
VOTE: Titus
In post 416, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 399, ManateeDude wrote:Roden i think ur theorycrafting bc ur reading into normal interactions on a way deeper level
You mean like me who you sheeped in voting Rowen?
VOTE: manatee
In post 444, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 392, Dwlee99 wrote:I am having trouble reading people so I'm sheeping my mason buddy.
UNVOTE: OMO

VOTE: Dwlee99

and I'm still SR
OMO
FYI... Not sure about
Roten
atm.
In post 487, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 430, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 222, Roden wrote:
In post 219, Looker wrote:Women = Roden, and I'm not switching because I like owo more. The cliqueyness was half-assed. It can be re-attacked later.
We get it, you're either scum claiming or you're a PR trying to hide yourself with scumminess so you don't get NK'd. Whatever, moving on.
This mentioning PR part seems TMI.
I don't understand how this seems TMI. How'd you come to this conclusion? The rest of your posting tracks, but this doesn't for me.
In post 457, MaxTheFox wrote:BTW last game I played with Dwlee he was scum and was talkative. Now he's quieter. Anyone who knows Dwlee better, is this NAI or no?
So you will meta N_M but not Dwlee? Why is that?
In post 474, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 472, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 462, Dwlee99 wrote:Upon skim the Titus vote stands.
In the last game she was the same, but you were more chatty, what change?
I have less to say and my eyes are glazing over on half of these posts.
VOTE: Dwlee
I think your attention span is better than you'd like us to believe
In post 518, Titus wrote:VOTE: Dwlee

Omgus haha.
In post 535, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Kyo
This might be scum. The inattentiveness thing is a very strange thing to push me on and I think town!Kyo knows I sometimes am just like that.
In post 596, ManateeDude wrote:VOTE: Dwlee
In post 621, Roden wrote:
In post 619, Dwlee99 wrote:Also a lot of the pushing on me felt like they wanted me to out who my mason partner was cause it obviously wasn't Saudade.
I just wanted you to play, you're coming off as very passive and just sheeping other people. Even when pressured you're just lightly flailing. I don't think you're necessarily scummy, but you're not really doing much to help town and the Kyokou read isn't good. Who do you suspect besides her?

UNVOTE:

I'm gonna write up a reads list and figure who to push from there. Idk if Dwlee is the right vote today.
In post 637, Dwlee99 wrote:Apparently no one in FIA made my eyes roll behind my head trying to read their posts, so we move to this
VOTE: Manatee
In post 638, MathBlade wrote:
In post 172, Roden wrote:
In post 165, Titus wrote:
In post 164, Roden wrote:
In post 157, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 104, oʍo wrote:
In post 86, Roden wrote:
In post 74, oʍo wrote:Hi I'm a miller
Would you happen to be...Informed?
informed of DN
What is DN?
Oh no.
I'm not sure what DN is but why do I feel a sinking feeling shit's going sideways?
In post 109, oʍo wrote:
In post 108, Roden wrote: A Death Neighborizer!? :eek:
Deez Nuts
But yeah it feels like RVS is going on a bit too long.
Agreed.

Town Titus wants out of RVS ASAP. Not seeing that here.
In post 655, MathBlade wrote:
In post 653, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 625, MathBlade wrote:What dad joke?
When does a joke become a dad joke?
Heheheheh.

Gonna produce some content?

Also Roden’s post sucks. FoS’s can be on more players than scum. It’s also possible there’s four scum we don’t know

VOTE: Roden
In post 657, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: oʍo
In post 688, MathBlade wrote:
In post 608, Roden wrote:
In post 606, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 603, Roden wrote:Saudade town read dropping dramatically in just two pages. Didn't expect that.
its a lot harder to townread someone being an asshole
Yeahhhh...

Kinda wondering if this is gonna be a game where town cannibalizes itself Days 1 and 2 while scum just lays low for free.
First post I have vibed with you on. You might be town after all.

VOTE: Unvote
In post 693, Roden wrote:
In post 669, marcistar wrote:
In post 665, Roden wrote:Marci- Same reason I suspect her that I do Manatee. However, I feel like Marci more blatantly tried to distance herself. Possibly scum trying to associate herself with a town!Manatee in order to build fake scum equity.
Also don't think Marci has been doing much solving or scum hunting, mainly just chatting with everyone and being friendly.
having trouble with my reads, though that isn't too much of a valid excuse. I have townreads mostly, and "they dont seem scummy enough to vote" reads, but im not really too confident in anything.
In post 665, Roden wrote:All things considered, I'm interested in voting out either Marci or Max unless someone can come up with a compelling enough case for somebody else.
whatchu waiting for? why didnt u vote in this post if ur willing to vote out either of me/max?
Who are your town reads? Who looks scummy but not enough to vote them?

I waited to vote because I wanted to see reactions to my lack of vote. I think your reaction is the most interesting, it reads like you want to "gotcha" me for not voting. But all you're doing is implying it's suspicious. Compare this to Math who made a full scum case out of it.

VOTE: Marcistar
MaxTheFox wrote:
In post 665, Roden wrote: Max- The root of most of my scum reads. She took a lot of heat early on then laid low ever since. Posts occasionally to avoid prod dodge accusations, but she isn't really doing anything. Most likely just trying to avoid attention, to the point it's becoming obvious.
I haven't been exactly laying low. Look at my ISO.
I've seen your ISO, a lot of your posts became very safe after your wagon cooled off. It's hard to read your posts and not notice how cautious you've been.
MaxTheFox wrote:
In post 603, Roden wrote:Saudade town read dropping dramatically in just two pages. Didn't expect that.
No he's just an pillion. An pillion with town vibes tho. I can't quite explain it.

Wait he got replaced? I didn't catch up yet. Welcome Math!
I can agree with this.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I looked at that game @mathblade and I'm very confused why the claimed cop that guiltied nom was eliminated in ELO.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 745, Dwlee99 wrote:I looked at that game @mathblade and I'm very confused why the claimed cop that guiltied nom was eliminated in ELO.
Power imbalance and DGB has a scum history of fake claiming cop.

I was shading it because I thought it would have to be VT for balance reasons (I expected a vig) and forgot about its odd crumb.

Scum like Titus have fake claimed cop so it was a if I had to drag her to elo thing but it was never the plan. When I am scum Titus town elos suck because she usually plays them right
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 745, MathBlade wrote:
In post 745, Dwlee99 wrote:I looked at that game @mathblade and I'm very confused why the claimed cop that guiltied nom was eliminated in ELO.
Power imbalance and DGB has a scum history of fake claiming cop.

I was shading it because I thought it would have to be VT for balance reasons (I expected a vig) and forgot about its odd crumb.

Scum like Titus have fake claimed cop so it was a if I had to drag her to elo thing but it was never the plan. When I am scum Titus town elos suck because she usually plays them right
Scum smart players like Titus*

I swear I can type lol
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Scum on my wagon: Titus/Manateegal
Scum off my wagon: maybe geraintm?
Nullish reads: Roden I'm having trouble reading, same with not_mafia, Marci, and max
Town reads: Salsa, Kyo gets to be town leanish, omo, DGB town lean

Formatted pretty for anyone who wants that

Salsa, omo
Kyo, DGB
NM, Marci, Max
Roden
Geraintm
Titus
Manateegal
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

Aww Dwlee am I aligned with the mod then? *begs for a read*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh you weren't on the vote count so I missed you. Felt like my list was too short

Salsa, omo
Kyo, DGB
NM, Marci, Max, Math
Roden
Geraintm
Titus
Manateegal

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”