catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 395, shwinnebego wrote:I am starting to think Val might be T3’s partner.
In post 396, shwinnebego wrote:I find their engagement around T3, and also with respect to me, to be disingenuous.
This is probably town if only because I don't expect scum to go barreling after val here, they'd have more awareness that calling him scum him is suicide.

Also because T3 was TMIing him as town earlier, but yeah.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by T3 »

Hammer me. Go for it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 417, Roden wrote:As far as T3's partner goes, it wouldn't be a plot twist if it turned out to be Catboi. I'll have to reread his ISO but I did mention having reservations about him earlier.
Like I said to Val, would love for one of you to go into this, because I very much enjoy being able to talk about ~*^my scum game^*~ and how this isn't it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 451, T3 wrote:Hammer me. Go for it.
Sorry fella, you fake self-hammer, you have to pay the penalty of an extended twilight where all the town gets to talk about who they think your teammate is. Good lesson for a newbie game!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 402, shwinnebego wrote:
In post 399, Val89 wrote:Well, frankly, I am confused by it. If you aren't sure, and want to consult with teammates, why not do it BEFORE dropping the vote?

I think its your asking of the question "why does a Town!T3 claim mason with me" was perfomative given how quick the vote came after the 'not-mason' claim. Others can make thier own judgements on the matter.
The meta on this site is genuinely a bit baffling.

I’ve been told that (1) we put votes on people to pressure them but wouldn’t seriously hammer them prematurely and (2) by the time you vote you are so committed to your decision that you are signaling that you are not even interested in discussion any more.

Which is it, people?
In post 403, shwinnebego wrote:(Extremely stoned philosophy bro voice) but like, what IS a vote, man?
Well, Val's not me, I don't have the same thoughts on the matter. I think val sees a disconnect between you voting and then questioning others about T3's motivation for doing this. I don't have a problem with it, myself.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by catboi »

I think val and shwinn are basically never T3's partner here. I think Roden is very, very unlikely to be as well, because what he did would be one of the most bizarre distancing plays I've seen. Meg and nav are both towny by play, although I need to review them. Remembering T3's read on nav, though, that was likely TMI as well.

I don't really think T3's push on GeneralWu is at all clearing for general, and his defense of T3 remains not good. STD also doesn't have anything to make me read him as town, and he had a not-great read on T3, looking at his ISO. I need to check back in the thread for context.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 84, MegAzumarill wrote:Roden, T3 and Catboi are my townreads atm. My scumreads are navigatorv, std and Wu.
In post 279, MegAzumarill wrote:And T3 appears to be avoiding confronting the accusation made at him by Val89, although the accusation doesn't hold a whole lot of weight imo.
Meg, I'd like to ask you both why you had T3 as a townread early, and why you didn't feel the accusations by Val held much weight.

(Apologies for the spam, but I'm coming to these thoughts as I read along and posting them first thing, I don't think I'd have a good way of composing them in a wall)
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 453, catboi wrote:
In post 451, T3 wrote:Hammer me. Go for it.
Sorry fella, you fake self-hammer, you have to pay the penalty of an extended twilight where all the town gets to talk about who they think your teammate is. Good lesson for a newbie game!
But I don't have a teammate.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by catboi »

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, and I don't have fluffy ears.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by T3 »

I did a terrible play.

I think Val's case is also completely invalid shit that could only come from scum.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 332, catboi wrote:Think T3/shwinn is almost never a thing either but don't have time to go into it right now + would only be relevant if one flips red.
Do you think now would be a good time for this, catboi?

Can I take your to mean you are offering up StD and GeneralWu as your likely candidates for T3's partner?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 460, Val89 wrote:
In post 332, catboi wrote:Think T3/shwinn is almost never a thing either but don't have time to go into it right now + would only be relevant if one flips red.
Do you think now would be a good time for this, catboi?

Can I take your to mean you are offering up StD and GeneralWu as your likely candidates for T3's partner?
I don't think the way T3 was overconfidently defending shwinn is likely how he'd treat a teammate who was getting run up and playing so weirdly. Far more likely he was white-knighting a townie he saw as possibly doomed anyway. He's far more likely to bus.

Those two would be me primary guesses as of right now, yes.

Do you want to get into why you think I'm scum with T3?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by T3 »

Nearly posthumous reads:
shwinn, Nav - ocklocklocktown
std - town
Val - lean scum
Wu - scum

everyone else - shit idk
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Val89 »

There were a couple of minor things, but the main reason was because of why T3 did what he did.

I think we can all safely agree that T3's claiming of a PR was intended to force a CC and give his scum buddy a target for the NK. I think Mason was a bit of an odd choice, given that we know that there can be no other PRs in game if someone is claiming mason. If there is one mason, then the town PRs are exactly a pair of masons.

Now, nobody did directly CC, but some people removed themselves from the pool by acting as if they had the slightest reason to believe T3s claim - if they were a PR, any PR at all, they would have known instantly that T3 was lying. 4 people removed themselves from the pool thusly - Roden had already done so prior to T3s claim with his earlier speculation, and confirmed it with ; the other 3 were Meg with ; GeneralWu with the 3rd line of and yourself, catboi, with .

Out of those 3, the first, and the most surprising, was you. Why do I say surprising? Because a few hours prior, you had this to say:
In post 330, catboi wrote:you should avoid openly speculating on who is/is not a power role in-thread. Doing so, in and of itself, is giving information away to the mafia, because you have effectively just outed yourself as vanilla town.
In other words, you know that outting yourself as VT was bad for town, and yet that's exactly what you did:
In post 351, catboi wrote:UNVOTE:

If that is actually true I am rather annoyed at him bluffing a scumread on you but it means things make a lot more sense to me and I have an opportunity to fully reset my reads.
Not only that, but you were the first to do so clearly do so (with the arguable exception of Wus "is this for real" comment) and I think it was your example that to at least one other, Meg, doing so as well - given Meg had previously said "I agree with Val that shwinn should weigh in next" and came in with their VT-soft, if you want to call it that, straight after your own.

Now, it's possible you are a VT, and you did just slip up in the shock of T3s selection of the Mason as the PR to fake claim, which honestly was unexpected; but of all the slots in the game, you were the last I expected to give T3 what he obviously wanted, and it seems to me it was your influence that led to the smaller PoE we have now -if there was any scum co-ordination behind that play by T3, it was either with shwinn, in that he was told to stay out the thread a little while to give the chance for the CCs to come in before the "hold up, I'm no mason" reveal; or with you - dropping that little nugget and getting the ball rolling with that little mass VT claim until I popped back in to shut it down with .

To your credit, however, I have seen play since that makes it less likley you are T3s partner - the insistence that myself and in particular shwinn can't be T3s partner is going to restrict your options tomorrow; and I think scum!you just hammers T3 before now.

In my mind, the likely pool of T3 scum partners are Shwinn, StD and you, in that order.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 463, Val89 wrote:There were a couple of minor things, but the main reason was because of why T3 did what he did.

I think we can all safely agree that T3's claiming of a PR was intended to force a CC and give his scum buddy a target for the NK. I think Mason was a bit of an odd choice, given that we know that there can be no other PRs in game if someone is claiming mason. If there is one mason, then the town PRs are exactly a pair of masons.

Now, nobody did directly CC, but some people removed themselves from the pool by acting as if they had the slightest reason to believe T3s claim - if they were a PR, any PR at all, they would have known instantly that T3 was lying. 4 people removed themselves from the pool thusly - Roden had already done so prior to T3s claim with his earlier speculation, and confirmed it with ; the other 3 were Meg with ; GeneralWu with the 3rd line of and yourself, catboi, with .

Out of those 3, the first, and the most surprising, was you. Why do I say surprising? Because a few hours prior, you had this to say:
In post 330, catboi wrote:you should avoid openly speculating on who is/is not a power role in-thread. Doing so, in and of itself, is giving information away to the mafia, because you have effectively just outed yourself as vanilla town.
In other words, you know that outting yourself as VT was bad for town, and yet that's exactly what you did:
In post 351, catboi wrote:UNVOTE:

If that is actually true I am rather annoyed at him bluffing a scumread on you but it means things make a lot more sense to me and I have an opportunity to fully reset my reads.
Not only that, but you were the first to do so clearly do so (with the arguable exception of Wus "is this for real" comment) and I think it was your example that to at least one other, Meg, doing so as well - given Meg had previously said "I agree with Val that shwinn should weigh in next" and came in with their VT-soft, if you want to call it that, straight after your own.

Now, it's possible you are a VT, and you did just slip up in the shock of T3s selection of the Mason as the PR to fake claim, which honestly was unexpected; but of all the slots in the game, you were the last I expected to give T3 what he obviously wanted, and it seems to me it was your influence that led to the smaller PoE we have now -if there was any scum co-ordination behind that play by T3, it was either with shwinn, in that he was told to stay out the thread a little while to give the chance for the CCs to come in before the "hold up, I'm no mason" reveal; or with you - dropping that little nugget and getting the ball rolling with that little mass VT claim until I popped back in to shut it down with .

To your credit, however, I have seen play since that makes it less likley you are T3s partner - the insistence that myself and in particular shwinn can't be T3s partner is going to restrict your options tomorrow; and I think scum!you just hammers T3 before now.

In my mind, the likely pool of T3 scum partners are Shwinn, StD and you, in that order.
Stop twisting the fakeclaim narrative.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 462, T3 wrote:Nearly posthumous reads:
std - town
Val - lean scum
Wu - scum

everyone else - shit idk
Not sure how I'm unsortable when I caught scum Day 1 without actually outing Masons. I'm most likely the NK tonight unless scum thinks they can convince everyone I went for an extremely awkward bus. But tbh I'm pretty fine with dying tonight, after how I started off today I was expecting to be an easy mis-elim, so I'll take this trade.
catboi wrote:
In post 417, Roden wrote:As far as T3's partner goes, it wouldn't be a plot twist if it turned out to be Catboi. I'll have to reread his ISO but I did mention having reservations about him earlier.
Like I said to Val, would love for one of you to go into this, because I very much enjoy being able to talk about ~*^my scum game^*~ and how this isn't it.
I'm saving it for Day 2, and I think it would be smart for Val to do the same. If you aren't scum then the true last scum wants to keep one of us alive that has the better case against you for the mis-elim. If you are scum then I don't want to give you any info on who you should kill.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Roden »

Nevermind, I was too late to warn Val lol. Still saving my case for Day 2 though so scum has less options to weigh.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Val89 »

You were a good 9 minutes late, and my whole post was quoted by T3 in between. How did you miss that one on the pedit? :lol:
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by T3 »

*sigh*
I think Val is town for how hard he's looking for my partner but he's going to get a rude awakening when I flip town.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

T3 got harwahiaghnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrg'ed. :D
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 399, Val89 wrote:Well, frankly, I am confused by it. If you aren't sure, and want to consult with teammates, why not do it BEFORE dropping the vote?

I think its your asking of the question "why does a Town!T3 claim mason with me" was perfomative given how quick the vote came after the 'not-mason' claim. Others can make thier own judgements on the matter.

I’ve been told that (1) we put votes on people to pressure them but wouldn’t seriously hammer them prematurely and (2) by the time you vote you are so committed to your decision that you are signaling that you are not even interested in discussion any more.

Which is it, people?
To be honest, I think pressure votes are sometimes pretty pointless.
I also don't see the point in pressure voting, especially since in 90% of the cases nobody actually ends up hammering.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 467, Val89 wrote:You were a good 9 minutes late, and my whole post was quoted by T3 in between. How did you miss that one on the pedit? :lol:
I usually ignore pedit when I'm town haha. I know that can get me in trouble on occasion, but I'm only ever conscious of it when I'm scum. If you ever see a bunch of pedits from me, consider it a scum tell
but I'll avoid it in future games now lol
. I look for the same in other players since most people don't think much of it.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 470, GeneralWu wrote:

Which is it, people?
To be honest, I think pressure votes are sometimes pretty pointless.
I also don't see the point in pressure voting, especially since in 90% of the cases nobody actually ends up hammering.
I think it's most useful if you know someone is sensitive to getting scum read or are generally skittish/panicked when pressured. Some people don't really start playing until you force them to, which at that point it can be a lot easier to sort them.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 472, Roden wrote:I think it's most useful if you know someone is sensitive to getting scum read or are generally skittish/panicked when pressured. Some people don't really start playing until you force them to, which at that point it can be a lot easier to sort them.
Maybe, though half the time I find that pressure votes don't actually affect people all that much.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 465, Roden wrote:
In post 462, T3 wrote:Nearly posthumous reads:
std - town
Val - lean scum
Wu - scum

everyone else - shit idk
Not sure how I'm unsortable when I caught scum Day 1 without actually outing Masons. I'm most likely the NK tonight unless scum thinks they can convince everyone I went for an extremely awkward bus. But tbh I'm pretty fine with dying tonight, after how I started off today I was expecting to be an easy mis-elim, so I'll take this trade.
catboi wrote:
I'm saving it for Day 2, and I think it would be smart for Val to do the same. If you aren't scum then the true last scum wants to keep one of us alive that has the better case against you for the mis-elim. If you are scum then I don't want to give you any info on who you should kill.
If you think there's a possibility you'll be NKed, you should probably be making your case on who's scum right now, sine you're not going to be able to post it when you're dead!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”