Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 468, MathBlade wrote:
In post 465, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 460, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 459, MathBlade wrote:My intent is more that independent of T3’s alignment he shouldn’t do it. That’s what policy means. It’s a vote that is policy until I catch up and I want to be able to do so.

What do you make of your chaos wagon and reactions or lack thereof?
I still prefer the Chaos flip, and feel like all of Dats, Ari, and Titus have voiced a scum read there, and honestly unsure why they all decided to jump to Meg over Chaos. But, I think that Meg also is looking like a scum flip, so not the end of the world I guess.
I would move to Chaos too, I just have a preference for Flubber.
Why?
He had a weird entrance and there’s a dynamic between him and Titus that makes me think Flubber is scum. Chaos looks like scum trying to justify all their actions but it’s slightly more plausible that it could be Town than Flubber.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 478, MathBlade wrote:
In post 114, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 112, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 36, Umlaut wrote:A non-ridiculous reading is "there is something in Alchemist's posts that Seanzie didn't like and he's being coy about what exactly" and not "posting = bad," and I have a hard time believing the latter is really what you thought he meant even for a second.

More votes on Flub plz
so I don't think seanzie is literally scumreading someone for posting more. I think they're trying to manufacture a push and doing it poorly. so the only thing they could shade alchemist for was "posting". seems like I'm right too, because in elaborating, they're now saying things that are just...wrong
What do you think of my idea that Seanzie may have been testing to see who would try defending/pocketing me?
I think that if you had that idea you’d have pushed it rather than asking others about it.
I did push that idea in post
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 509, MathBlade wrote:
In post 214, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, Titus wrote:
In post 171, Lukewarm wrote:Datisis feels town to me.

Now that Flubber has explained more, I think their thought process seems genuine, even thought I disagree with their conclusions.

I am not liking that Aristeia keeps asking other people before she votes/unvotes, like she is absolving herself of her votes.

VOTE: Aristeia
I had the same thought. I get the feeling Ari might need to give me a cookie.
I don’t think Aristeia is that person
I think I’ve encountered Aristeia in the stream chat of a certain pink circular creature who may be just a little skinny
How about both of you quit alt hunting/outing and start/go back to scum hunting?

I think Aristeia is likely scum but trying to out them to get an advantage whatever your alignment is a jerk move.
I’m not trying to get an advantage, outside of potentially confirming my theory, which would let me essentially locktown Aristeia
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

MathBlade is worrying me here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:24 am

Post by tris »

In post 493, Datisi wrote:
@mod, is it possible that the main mafia team has no access to what the game would consider a pt?
that is not possible. mafia have a pt by virtue of being mafia.
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:29 am

Post by tris »

VC 1.08Image

MegAzumarill (4):
Datisi , Aristeia , Gamma Emerald , Titus , Vulture
Flubbernugget (3):
Umlaut , T3 , Alchemist21
ChaosOmega (3):
Lukewarm , Flubbernugget , MathBlade
Titus (1):
MegAzumarill
Lukewarm (1):
ChaosOmega

not voting:

with 13 alive it takes 7 to destroy.

deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-08 18:55:00)

and, MegAzumarill is v/la till Sunaday
Last edited by tris on Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
here's what it says
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 461, Lukewarm wrote:I am more furstrated with all of the people who decided to park on Flubber, and do not appear to be weighing in on the various other pushes very much
agreed. and I'm suspicious of vulture looking like they're going to votepark on the next wagon that's gaining steam
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 508, MegAzumarill wrote:Wish I had more time today but something came up. Here goes my first batch of analysis. I probably will refrain from analysing Mathblade/seanzie slot for now. Hopefully, I can get the rest done today.

Alchemist: lots of posts, presses people for their reasonings, very reactionary, null read
Aristeia: posts little content, but still shows they are following the game closely in 184, strong townread
ChaosOmega: keeps posts long, fairly thoroughly analyses conversations, doesn’t actively push his reads out, weak townread
Datisi: tends to latch onto one thing about a player that they find suspicious and stick by it for long stretches, townread,
Flubber: doesn’t provide a lot of reads and doesn’t appear to be actively contributing, scumread
Gamma: reasonings seem to be understandable and seem to be thinking out their actions, townread
okay maybe the v/la is scummy
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

to break down why 508 is scummy:

Alchemist: lots of posts isn't ai, but pressing people for their reasoning is pretty town and "very reactionary" is meaningless. Why is this null?

Aristeia: Following the game closely isn't town,
especially
when a lot of that following is actually sheeping.

ChaosOmega: Has thorough analysis if you squint hard enough, but it's still scummy analysis.

Datisi: Latching onto individual items is how scum looks like they're being active. How is this town?

Flubber: Yeah. Okay. Between your townread on Omega and whatever this is, it looks like you're trying to coordinate with them to put the steam back on my wagon.

Gamma: Ehhhhh this one's probably okay i guess
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'm entertaining a scumteam of Meg/Chaos+1 more (maybe Vulture?) at the moment.

Umalut/Mathblade could also still be a thing? Tough to say because both slots (Umalut/Seanzie at the time) did some badposting and don't have enough activity to say much more on. MathBlade so far looks town, but there's a pocket bias here given they came in off the bat to say my wagon sucks lol

Something feels weird that I'm entertaining scumpools of entirely different people though. Hmmmm
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I wanted to give Chaos time to maybe town up and I don’t think he’s really done so, so I won’t stand the way of a wagon on him.
<Embrace The Void>

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: megazumarill

honestly if they have the extra vote over chaos it's worth consolidating here

E-2
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 522, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 485, MathBlade wrote:Maybe scum don’t have a PT and have a discord instead? I have played a smaller game where this was the case. Reading that in the OP made me think what if no scum have a PT at all and made me want to join to see if this is the case.
This would be a shit move to pull imo
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=73980

It’s really not. It just has to be planned for and balanced around.

Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs an informed majority.

In that game I was scum so I am weary of weird setups because I have seen them.

There’s nothing in the normal rules that I could find where scum have to have a PT.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 527, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 478, MathBlade wrote:
In post 114, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 112, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 36, Umlaut wrote:A non-ridiculous reading is "there is something in Alchemist's posts that Seanzie didn't like and he's being coy about what exactly" and not "posting = bad," and I have a hard time believing the latter is really what you thought he meant even for a second.

More votes on Flub plz
so I don't think seanzie is literally scumreading someone for posting more. I think they're trying to manufacture a push and doing it poorly. so the only thing they could shade alchemist for was "posting". seems like I'm right too, because in elaborating, they're now saying things that are just...wrong
What do you think of my idea that Seanzie may have been testing to see who would try defending/pocketing me?
I think that if you had that idea you’d have pushed it rather than asking others about it.
I did push that idea in post
Not seeing how that post 47 has to do with my predecessor potentially seeing who would defend/pocket you. Even if I grant everything in this post, you’re trying to see who pockets you along the way rather than my predecessor’s push.

And if you had done it in 47 and I am misunderstanding why repeat the same question twice? What are you hoping to hunt by being repetitive?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 530, tris wrote:
In post 493, Datisi wrote:
@mod, is it possible that the main mafia team has no access to what the game would consider a pt?
that is not possible. mafia have a pt by virtue of being mafia.
Glad my paranoia is wrong then. So yeah probably looking at a mod reason for that first post for balance reasons.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 539, MathBlade wrote:Not seeing how that post 47 has to do with my predecessor potentially seeing who would defend/pocket you.
Then read it again because it’s the entire first paragraph. This shouldn’t be difficult for you to understand.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 539, MathBlade wrote:What are you hoping to hunt by being repetitive?
A better understanding of Flubber’s alignment.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 47, Alchemist21 wrote:No. He feels more like low-hanging fruit to me and I think both he and I were interested in seeing who else would push him for voting me. It was notable to me after the first 2 votes that the people voting Seanzie were people who know me, but 2 could just be a coincidence and I wanted to see if there would be a pattern and if anyone would try to pocket me along the way. I wanted to see how it played out a bit more but I think we're past that point now.
This is how I read what you wrote.

S feels like a miselim target. You think S and you wanted who would push S into voting for you.
You were trying to see who would pocket you along the way.
You think that play is not possible now.

This has nothing to do with how S seeing who would pocket/manipulate you but rather who would pocket/manipulate S.

And again if I am wrong here you said figuring this out was dead? Why bring up a dead horse?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 542, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 539, MathBlade wrote:What are you hoping to hunt by being repetitive?
A better understanding of Flubber’s alignment.
Okay then how do you learn Flubber’s alignment by reviving questions you think impossible to push?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I don't think assuming scum has a pt is some massive slip
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 545, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't think assuming scum has a pt is some massive slip
I never said it was.

My main job as town is to consider all possible options. Having seen prior games where scum didn’t have a PT I didn’t want a potential mass claim situation where people “I am in a PT” “Me too” “Me three” then scum who didn’t have a PT goes “Now we know who to kill.”

I thrive off town making bad assumptions when scum so my goal here was to avoid bad assumptions.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 543, MathBlade wrote:You think S and you wanted who would push S into voting for you
No, this is where you’re wrong. I thought we both wanted to see who would vote S in defense of me, because S was pushing me. That’s where the idea of people trying to pocket me comes in.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 543, MathBlade wrote:And again if I am wrong here you said figuring this out was dead? Why bring up a dead horse?
Figuring out who else would vote for Seanzie was dead because the wagon changed, but wondering if seeing who would chainsaw defend me was what Seanzie was actually doing was still on the table.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 547, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 543, MathBlade wrote:You think S and you wanted who would push S into voting for you
No, this is where you’re wrong. I thought we both wanted to see who would vote S in defense of me, because S was pushing me. That’s where the idea of people trying to pocket me comes in.
Sorry for getting this wrong. I see it now. I still don’t like the repetitiveness without adding anything new but it’s not as bad as I thought.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”