Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 558, MathBlade wrote:
In post 400, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 399, Titus wrote:
In post 398, Lukewarm wrote:I have a strong preference to a Chaos > Meg elim day 1.

I think that they are both about equally scummy, but Meg having actually no opinions in thread means that we don't get any associatives from a Meg flip.
Relatable opinion. If there was a choice between those two, I'd see your point. It's Flubber v Meg though and a scum vote is better than a town one.
I think that we can make Chaos happen.

Datisi and Ari both voted Chaos already, and I have not seen anything from them to think that their reads there have changed.

You+me+Datisi+Ari is already the same number of people currently voting Meg, so that pivot seems to still be on the table from my pov
VOTE: Chaos

Make the game lawful aligned!
What the fuck
Did MathBlade have reasons to SR Chaos I’m not remembering or did he literally just make what’s essentially an RVS vote on page 23?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm probably going to take a different approach this time around with my catchup and work through ISOs first rather than reading the game holistically immediately (will still do so afterwards)

Not really thrilled with Lukewarm ISO on skim. Realtime interaction is lacking a bit+clearly improvised at points rather than something he's been chewing on only to finally be given voice.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 623, Vulture wrote:It's NAI. The best I can say as to why it's been recently is "reasons", but I have some energy to think about games coming back.

I don't really know what to think about Meg's response, because it's more in depth than what was originally given and that feels... backwards. Meg might not have had the time beforehand but when asked to catch up and being under some pressure I would think she'd want to be helpful without the nudging of someone else.

However, that doesn't mean the responses weren't good. I'm still in the process of discerning that part.
I believe I already stated that that initial analysis is more of keynotes than anything else. It helps the discussion to take it piece by piece at a time. If I went through all my elaboration at once its going to 1. probably delay the analysis by an IRL day based on my schedule 2. Be harder to read as town as a block of text 3. still require going over the analysis again if people had questions.

I can go in depth with any of them and would like to, as long as someone would ask.

No point going into reads that people aren't interested in at this point, I'd like to focus on what people actually want me to clarify right now.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Prism »

I just went to ISO the competing wagon only to realize it is me.

Nice.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 628, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 623, Vulture wrote:It's NAI. The best I can say as to why it's been recently is "reasons", but I have some energy to think about games coming back.

I don't really know what to think about Meg's response, because it's more in depth than what was originally given and that feels... backwards. Meg might not have had the time beforehand but when asked to catch up and being under some pressure I would think she'd want to be helpful without the nudging of someone else.

However, that doesn't mean the responses weren't good. I'm still in the process of discerning that part.
I believe I already stated that that initial analysis is more of keynotes than anything else. It helps the discussion to take it piece by piece at a time. If I went through all my elaboration at once its going to 1. probably delay the analysis by an IRL day based on my schedule 2. Be harder to read as town as a block of text 3. still require going over the analysis again if people had questions.

I can go in depth with any of them and would like to, as long as someone would ask.

No point going into reads that people aren't interested in at this point, I'd like to focus on what people actually want me to clarify right now.
It's just counter-intuitive to what I expect, I guess. You have these thoughts but keep them to yourself in effort of not overwhelming people when I think people want to be overwhelmed by your thoughts so you can be better sorted. I am hypocritical in this regard and often play only at the prodding of other people wanting to know certain things, but in your position it makes sense to pour everything out sooner rather than later.

As for stilted: it just felt like you were struggling to sound natural/actually having the thoughts you had earlier, before you went in depth. I haven't engaged much with the follow-up because I am very tired, but soon.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Prism »

I'll be back tomorrow but I'm happy to see 623 and 630, Vulture.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 626, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 558, MathBlade wrote:
In post 400, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 399, Titus wrote:
In post 398, Lukewarm wrote:I have a strong preference to a Chaos > Meg elim day 1.

I think that they are both about equally scummy, but Meg having actually no opinions in thread means that we don't get any associatives from a Meg flip.
Relatable opinion. If there was a choice between those two, I'd see your point. It's Flubber v Meg though and a scum vote is better than a town one.
I think that we can make Chaos happen.

Datisi and Ari both voted Chaos already, and I have not seen anything from them to think that their reads there have changed.

You+me+Datisi+Ari is already the same number of people currently voting Meg, so that pivot seems to still be on the table from my pov
VOTE: Chaos

Make the game lawful aligned!
What the fuck
Did MathBlade have reasons to SR Chaos I’m not remembering or did he literally just make what’s essentially an RVS vote on page 23?
You’re having trouble remembering my reasons.

I have been scumreading Chaos for a while.

It was a bit consolidating on page 23 but definitely not RVS.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Spoiler: Lots of posts
In post 459, MathBlade wrote:My intent is more that independent of T3’s alignment he shouldn’t do it. That’s what policy means. It’s a vote that is policy until I catch up and I want to be able to do so.

What do you make of your chaos wagon and reactions or lack thereof?
In post 468, MathBlade wrote:
In post 465, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 460, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 459, MathBlade wrote:My intent is more that independent of T3’s alignment he shouldn’t do it. That’s what policy means. It’s a vote that is policy until I catch up and I want to be able to do so.

What do you make of your chaos wagon and reactions or lack thereof?
I still prefer the Chaos flip, and feel like all of Dats, Ari, and Titus have voiced a scum read there, and honestly unsure why they all decided to jump to Meg over Chaos. But, I think that Meg also is looking like a scum flip, so not the end of the world I guess.
I would move to Chaos too, I just have a preference for Flubber.
Why?
In post 470, MathBlade wrote:
In post 47, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 45, Aristeia wrote:Image

waiting for my hero.

Alchemist do you think Seanzie is a Mafia?
No. He feels more like low-hanging fruit to me and I think both he and I were interested in seeing who else would push him for voting me. It was notable to me after the first 2 votes that the people voting Seanzie were people who know me, but 2 could just be a coincidence and I wanted to see if there would be a pattern and if anyone would try to pocket me along the way. I wanted to see how it played out a bit more but I think we're past that point now.

For what it's worth I don't think Umlaut was wrong on Flubber but there's another part of me that thinks Flubber could have been pushing Seanzie's bad reasoning in his own way and it strikes me as odd that Umlaut went for Flubber and didn't make any comment towards Seanzie.

What are your reads looking like so far?
VOTE: Alchemist21[/b]

Someone doesn’t have to mention a second player during pushing a first if it would dilute their case.
It would be like me saying “oh my god tris is scum because blah blah blah”
Then someone saying “But you didn’t mention anything about (player tris is pushing)”
So? That’s cart before the horse.

Kinda thinking chaos + Alchemist here.

Phone posting so it’s a bit hard to get them all but there’s a few. Not sure how you forget that and be reading my ISO. *raised eyebrow emoji*
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Prism »

Vulture, I'm very curious about your townread on Lukewarm.

To be blunt, I do not like your ISO, which is perhaps to be expected but it is how I feel nonetheless. Scum are heavily incentivized to play lower key Day 1/2 if they can get away with it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 634, Prism wrote:Vulture, I'm very curious about your townread on Lukewarm.

To be blunt, I do not like your ISO, which is perhaps to be expected but it is how I feel nonetheless. Scum are heavily incentivized to play lower key Day 1/2 if they can get away with it.
How do you like 623 and 630 and then say you don’t like Vulture’s ISO?

What stands out to you?

This seems to contradict your prior post.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Prism »

To be clear, that isn't the reason I dislike your ISO. I dislike your ISO because of the Luke TR+vote on Meg. That's a counterpoint to my own line of thinking on your lack of motivation.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 635, MathBlade wrote:
In post 634, Prism wrote:Vulture, I'm very curious about your townread on Lukewarm.

How do you like 623 and 630 and then say you don’t like Vulture’s ISO?

What stands out to you?

This seems to contradict your prior post.
Someone is eager to go in for the kill, glad I was already typing that up.

Yours will be the last ISO I visit but this was a valid question and if you're town I hope we wind up working together more cleanly than in our last. I will do all that I can to rein in the level of tilt I had in Warehouse.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 636, Prism wrote:To be clear, that isn't the reason I dislike your ISO. I dislike your ISO because of the Luke TR+vote on Meg. That's a counterpoint to my own line of thinking on your lack of motivation.
Ah that makes sense. I really think you should read the game as a whole. I know you said you’re doing the ISO thing but some things probably won’t make sense in a vaccuum.

Pedit: oh god warehouse was a trip. That game I honestly try to forget. But yeah hopefully no tilt this game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: Lukewarm

Might swap tomorrow but feel very comfortable leaving this overnight.

If I post again tonight someone light my router on fire
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 638, MathBlade wrote:I know you said you’re doing the ISO thing but some things probably won’t make sense in a vaccuum.
I'll read the whole game front to back regardless but I rarely read ISOs even later, and discussions with petapan have made me very interested in giving it a try at the start rather than just lategame.

I apologize if the approach winds up being frustrating.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 640, Prism wrote:
In post 638, MathBlade wrote:I know you said you’re doing the ISO thing but some things probably won’t make sense in a vaccuum.
I'll read the whole game front to back regardless but I rarely read ISOs even later, and discussions with petapan have made me very interested in giving it a try at the start rather than just lategame.

I apologize if the approach winds up being frustrating.
*lights your router on fire*

Hope you got someone to heal your router so you can post tomorrow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

There is a Prism here

Hello
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Prism, can you elaborate on your scum read on me?

My experience with you reading me before, was to be so sure that I was town that you were willing to "eat Hectic's oldest athletic shoe boiled in a pot of grape Kool-Aid" if I flipped scum.

So, it is surprising this game to see you show up and just be wrong smh
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 627, Prism wrote:Realtime interaction is lacking a bit+clearly improvised at points rather than something he's been chewing on only to finally be given voice.
Unsure what part of this results in a scum read tbh

Is "clearly chewing on" something, for it to "only to finally be given voice" something that you expect from town me?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Prism »

I do not really buy this.

First, to directly answer your question, yes it is. I recall several times in Forest Fire where your thoughts in response to questions were both complex & well-reasoned even if wrong, and usually given with quick turnaround. Compare this to 259, where you are noticeably building the thoughts as you go. This is not a general scumtell, but the contrast immediately stuck out to me and it bothered me that Vulture gave a townlean on you.

My vote came in seeing that you were posting elsewhere, and you have been akin to a puppy in your eagerness to interact with certain players you respect. Perhaps I didn't earn yours in Forest Fire? You waited to post until I am in bed/supposed to be gone for the night were I not an addict, and the bewilderment is bothersome to me as you directly quoted Forest Fire and I was pretty explicit both that game with the specific behaviors I saw as town+why I found them lacking here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Prism »

I will give the disclaimer that I have been very haphazard with wanting to watch Lady Bird and eagerness to redeem myself after Trust Fall, and I might have a different interpretation on a more organized/comprehensive revisit in the morning.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Prism »

(I can easily see your ISO before my replace-in going either way; I am significantly more intrigued by why it took me voting you to get you to show up)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Okay, FINISH MOVIE

GO TO SLEEP

NO MORE
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

What do you not buy?

Now I am confused. If the scummy thing that I was improvising, or that I was holding back? I thought you were implying that I usually hold back, which I don't think that I do, and that is why I questioned it

Also, what gives you the impression that I was holding back? I was VLA until post 250. I gave the game a reread, and put my thoughts out about my reread almost immediately

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”