Magical Girl

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Temp VC cos I’m still on phone only

Save The Dragons (3): shwinnbego, Val89, MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill (3): GeneralWu, Save The Dragons, catboi

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-02 20:12:11)
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by shwinnebego »

VC?
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 748, Roden wrote:
In post 742, catboi wrote:I think you're town regardless, shrug. I won't hold it against you if you vote StD here and he flips town. I think there's an extremely high likelihood of scum between the two of them no matter what.
Yeah, these don't feel like TvT wagons tbh.
In post 745, shwinnebego wrote:Roden is correct that I generally suspect them. If they hammer scum today, they would drop precipitously in my list of suspects tomorrow. I generally consider a bus relatively unlikely today since the cases were so weak that I think if I was scum I would have just pushed a different target. Especially if I was a more experienced player.
Yeah I figured you did. I gave it more thought last night about your actions and I might've just jumped the gun. Not necessarily saying I'm taking back what I said, but I don't feel as strong about my suspicions on you as I did earlier.

Idk how to feel about the possibility of a bus, but I agree it's at least less likely to happen today, mostly due to what happened with T3 though.
In post 743, shwinnebego wrote:I support catboi’s vote. I like being at double E-1. Let’s have some actual stakes here. There isn’t anything close to an airtight case on Angie right now.

Hey Roden, if you wanna eliminate Meg but don’t wanna be the hammer I’m happy to move my vote to hammer Meg.
Because you think I'm paired with them, right?

If you're trying to gambit on whether or not I'd protect scum!Meg, that kinda puts pressure on me to actually vote them. If you want them gone, then switch your vote. But don't try to influence my vote if you plan to park your vote on the opposing wagon.
Nah I don’t think you’re paired with them lol. This might be another cultural difference from the website I’ve played this game on before but I would very rarely think about possible pairs at this stage of the game.

I was just curious if you’d be down to hammer.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Roden »

I'm just waiting since both wagons' VLAs end tomorrow and I want them both to give one last case. It feels fair that way and I want to be confident in my vote. If that's too long for you or anyone else, anyone is free to switch their vote and hammer.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by shwinnebego »

My heart is trigger happy but I think my mind knows I should wait. Lucky for y’all I’m sober right now ;)
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 732, catboi wrote:
In post 714, MegAzumarill wrote:Just went through a thorough readthrough of Wu's posts, and I feel I am going at them a bit too harshly. Looking at a lot of the reactions that they have seem reason able enough to have come from a town Wu (although I definitely don't think scum Wu is off the table). I have TR val, roden, and catboy for a long while because they appear to be approaching the game with a similar thought process of my own, I believe that it would be good to look through their posts to try to make sure that assumption is correct. I also think StD's flip would be important to help that analysis as well, and I think its close to time for that flip.

I don't think its really any more likely them than Wu, but I think the flip is more telling.

VOTE: SavetheDragons

This is E-1.
This is kind of a big shrug - why is he being voted? "to help that analysis". Of whom? How will it help? He says it will be telling but doesn't elaborate. It's a very empty vote, I feel like any scum could write this.

VOTE: megazumarill
I intend to do a full analysis of the game during the next night phase, looking through it with eyes that know 3 players roles (nav, T3, presumably StD) You act like you forget what associative tells are. If StD flips red, how people interacted with them is crucial to finding scum, if they flip town, the analysis would still provide some tells in a similar
I think in particular I want that knowledge looking at some interactions of StD with Wu, and shwinnie D1.

Also Roden, what "cases" do you want us to present? I honestly don't know what you are looking for here.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by catboi »

That seems like a non-answer to me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 755, MegAzumarill wrote: Also Roden, what "cases" do you want us to present? I honestly don't know what you are looking for here.
I feel like this should be obvious. Why are you town and why is the other wagon scum? Or if you believe both wagons are TvT, then explain why both of you are town and who should be elim'd instead.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 756, catboi wrote:That seems like a non-answer to me.
I don't really understand what you're asking then, because it seems like its boiling down to "why does more information make it easier to make conclusions or lead to better conclusions"
I don't think you are wanting me to explain the basics of the game we are playing so if you could rephrase the question it would be great.
If you mean why I would need such information to do the analysis I wouldn't, but I probably would want to do it again after the elim today anyway, and I haven't had time to do it before.

I'm not honestly sure when deadline ends though, especially since last VC was temporary. I know it is soon though.

I'm not really sure what the case against me is tbh, there's Wu's post I already addressed and nobody seemed to have issues with my response. No one else has really posted much in the way of providing reasons to why I'm scummy, StD and Shwinnie give general vague arguements but not much more than I am scummy for ??? reasons.
StD has had an actual case build up against them and they choose to ignore it, and don't give reasons for anything, feels more like a scum trying to be opurtunistic with who they suspect than a townie actually making and changing reads.

Honestly this wagon on me hasn't been built on much, primarily on vague suspiscions while I have been mostly unable to contribute actively.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:49 am

Post by shwinnebego »

alright i'm bored, if Roden won't hammer I will

I've been ready to hammer for literal days now lol VOTE: MegAzumarill

If he flips green I'm sure many of you will be eager to lose the game by quoruming me tomorrow. Just don't do it lol.

YOLO!!!!!!!!!!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:27 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 2.04

Save The Dragons (2):
Val89, MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill (4):
GeneralWu, Save The Dragons, catboi, shwinnbego

Not Voting:
Roden

With
players remaining,
votes to eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-02 20:12:11)

MegAzumarill - V/LA (7/25 - 8/1)
GeneralWu - V/LA (7/29 - 8/1)
Save The Dragons - V/LA (7/30 - 8/1)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:28 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

MegAzumarill,
Town Mason
, was eliminated Day 2.

Night 2 Deadline: (expired on 2021-08-03 11:28:47)
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:14 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

No one was eliminated Night 2.

Day 3 deadline: (expired on 2021-08-10 12:14:36)
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:15 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 3.00
Not Voting:
Roden, Val89, GeneralWu, Save The Dragons, catboi, shwinnbego

With
players remaining,
votes to eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-10 12:14:36)
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:18 am

Post by catboi »

I apologize for my part in that disaster, but I think this can still be salvaged. I'm still baffled as to why Meg put out a scumread on his mason partner in the early game.

I think scum made a misplay by choosing to no-kill last night.

Hey Val, want to try to explain why you were blatantly softclaiming mason yesterday?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: val
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Val89 »

Well, both PRs are accounted for, so no kill means both scum AFK.

I don't think it would be a deliberate decision, because a kill last night, any kill, would have meant we were at ELO today, and now we aren't.

Since the other Mason is dead, I can spell out what pinged me about StD yesterday. When nav flipped Mason, it was obvious scum would start looking for his partner, since that would be a confirmed town and a very difficult mislim - had they been given the chance to claim before the hammer :facepalm:.

Recall I was upset D1 because people talked themselves out of the PR pool. To my mind, there wasn't many slots left that could realistically be navs partner. I was one, probably a strong possibility to scum given that I didn't talk my way out of it, and me and nav had given each other early and strong townreads. StD could have been one, by default, given the lack of interaction, and I also thought it could have been Roden, and the Mason discussion they had D1 was actually a crumb they knew we were in a Mason game, and knew they weren't actually putting masons because they were a Mason themselves - with an outside chance it could have been catboi. I didn't think it was Meg.

When StD started getting some heat, he pushed on my slot and posted a an early quote by navigator saying they had noticed something about my slot, and then shortly after townread me. I wondered why StD had brought it up, but looking at it, I realised it was exactly the kind of thing you might think was a Mason crumb, if you were looking for Mason crumbs.

In other words, it looks to me like StD thought I was navs partner, which meant a) StD wasn't it, and B) he was pushing someone he thought might possibly be a town PR. You don't do that, unless you are scum.

There is an outside chance that StD didn't think it was a crumb, although I don't buy that because of how little was offered up, the fact of its inclusion means he must have thought it important. As I said yesterday, if he didn't think it was a crumb, then he was trying to make something of a comment by a confirmed townie who was townreading me and turn it into something indicating I was scummy, which is highly suspect in of its self.

I find no way to justify StD behaviour as coming from town. To answer Roden, I am as sure as I can be that StD is flipping red, and yes, I would be willing to bet the game on it if we were in ELO today and I was the deciding vote.

VOTE: SaveTheDragons
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:41 am

Post by catboi »

In post 766, Val89 wrote:Well, both PRs are accounted for, so no kill means both scum AFK.
Yeah, absolutely not.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:44 am

Post by catboi »

In post 586, Val89 wrote:So, for the benefit of the rest of the thread, lets lock it right down - because I know precisely why you have turned your attention to my slot in particular.

Do you, StD, agree 100% there is scum between me and you?
In post 591, Val89 wrote:I'll spell it out for you, once StD answers my question.
In post 703, Val89 wrote:Roden has posted enough that I am 100% confident he knows what's up. I'm fairly certainly catboi knows the deal. Meg and Wu haven't given indication they are following, but neither of them have said they are struggling to follow here, either. The only slot who is now going hard at trying to draw me into a conversation that I think basically everyone else knows is anti-town is you. I don't think it's a coindience that is the two slots I am scumreading are the two complaining that I'm being a cagey and avoiding spelling exactly what the issue is (and for the avoidence of doubt, I am doing so because, as StD acknowlegded, to do so otherwise may prove to be anti-town).
These are softclaims, there are probably more I could dig up, but you were blatantly trying to pretend you were nav's partner yesterday in order to force an elimination. I refuse to believe you act this way as a VT.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:47 am

Post by catboi »

In post 84, MegAzumarill wrote:I'm just giving my current thoughts to the game here.
Catboi and StD really need to post more to give some input
GeneralWu you should probably try to give some scumreads considering you are at E-2, you need to propose an alternative.
Roden, T3 and Catboi are my townreads atm. My scumreads are navigatorv, std and Wu.

SR on navigatorvI have often seen scum waiting to vote until they start seeing where town falls
SR on WU because of the above statement, and what I had already mentioned
SR on StD for generally not providing input
This post is why I didn't think meg was a mason. I thought he was possibly a mason based on nav's reads, but I did not think there was any way a mason would scumread their own partner. Really bad mistake to 'distance' as a mason in this way.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Val89 »

Go on then, explain what advantage scum gets by
choosing
to no kill?

Absolutely none, they just handed us an extra day. Unless they were throwing, they were AFK.

If everyone is sure there is scum between me and StD, I'm more than happy to use the extra day scum has given us to flip me today, as long as you actually use what you get out of that to flip scum tomorrow.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:49 am

Post by catboi »

Val + shwinn. I think that's the team.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 768, catboi wrote:I refuse to believe you act this way as a VT.
If that is the case, if you can't see why I did that as town in light of my then vote me.

You think I'm scum, vote me. We have an extra day now. I'm going to take - and I suggest everyone else consider this too - that any slot that throws shade at me today, but doesn't follow that up with a vote, as a scum claim; because I think StD is scum, I think it's faily obvious we aren't partnered, and so not flipping one of us today means someone deliberately keeping me alive for the ELO.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:53 am

Post by catboi »

In post 770, Val89 wrote:Go on then, explain what advantage scum gets by
choosing
to no kill?

Absolutely none, they just handed us an extra day. Unless they were throwing, they were AFK.

If everyone is sure there is scum between me and StD, I'm more than happy to use the extra day scum has given us to flip me today, as long as you actually use what you get out of that to flip scum tomorrow.
There is not an extra day, it's MELO. If we vote wrong today we lose. But you're smart enough to know that, this just looks like an attempt to dumbtell.

Save the Dragons? Active during the night phase. Roden? Active. GeneralWu? Active. I was obviously around.

shwinn?
Last visited:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 pm

unclear but the fact is he was around to hammer, could easily have submitted during that time, and it only takes 1 partner to submit the kill. Trying to blame it on an AFK team doesn't work.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:56 am

Post by catboi »

I do not buy your excuses as towntells whatsoever, I think your pushes have been disingenuous, and you tried to use softing mason as a way to force an elim yesterday. I'm not letting you worm your way out of that.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”