Val89

Not Voting:
Roden, GeneralWu, catboi, shwinnbego

With
players remaining,
votes to eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-10 12:14:36)
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Val89 »

Where is the vote then?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:00 am

Post by catboi »

I'm waiting for others to check in but my full intention is to vote you today.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:07 am

Post by catboi »

skimmed the ISOs, I think Val/shwinn fits fairly well.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Val89 »

What advantage is there to town by waiting?

I can see what scum!catboi gets by holding off actually casting the vote, but you are trying to tell us it's MELO (it's not, there are SEVEN of us alive today since no kill) but even if you believe that, you thinks it's MELO, you think I am obvscum, and there is just no way I play how I did yesterday as VT, then why doesn't town just vote the obvscum here?

No, you are scum, you know it's not MELO, you know you can probably cash in on T3 antics d1 to get a game winning mislim tomorrow, so you are going to throw shade at my slot today without actually risking flipping me and blowing it

I *guarantee* you, once every one has checked in, catboi is going to come up with some excuse as to why he is 100 percent sure I am scum, but it's better to flip my 'partner' today (looks like he is lining up for shwinn).

Nah, I'm not watching silent while you do that. Scum is StD and catboi.

Roden, shwinn, if you think there is
any
chance I am scum, you come in here with a vote. Scum wins by shading me, but flipping another slot here today, one of shwinn or roden.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:11 am

Post by catboi »

In post 763, GuyInFreezer wrote:
VC 3.00
Not Voting:
Roden, Val89, GeneralWu, Save The Dragons, catboi, shwinnbego

With
players remaining,
votes to eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-10 12:14:36)
Val, stop trying to dumbtell. It's completely and obviously phony. I know you know how to count.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:14 am

Post by catboi »

I do not believe you thought for a single second there were 7 players alive. You were aware navigator was killed night 1. You were aware we missed on the eliminations twice. You are trying to fake a towntell by acting this way.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Val89 »

Then vote me.

You say it's obvious I'm 'dumbtell'ing, and it's equally obvious I'm scum, but you want to hold off voting me until you have an excuse to go "nah, let's leave Val alive for the ELO and vote shwinn instead'.

Absolutely not.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Roden »

This game is baffling me, holy shit.

Yes, I thought Val was Mason. I didn't think he was just soft claiming, he damn near hard claimed since everyone except Shwinn seemed to understand what the elephant in the room was. I didn't even bother asking Meg to claim when they got to put to E-1 yesterday, and I'm certain that's why nobody else did either. Meg should've understood that they needed to claim though, and idk why they didn't.

Val I understand that you were just gambitting now, but the biggest reason StD looked scummy was that it looked like he was about to 1v1 a Mason and then backed off. But now we know you were just trying to brute force push someone out and idk how you expect anyone to believe that was a town action. Why would you gambit something like that unless you were 100% certain StD was scum? And how could you be 100% certain?

I'm not going to auto scum lock you, because Day 1 is proof that town can and will make weird gambits with Mason claims. I just don't understand how the fuck this game had two fake Mason claims and that neither of the real Masons tried to use their role whatsoever.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:41 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Well I absolutely did not understand that Val was soft claiming mason, and even in retrospect I don't get it. Sorry, you've got a dumb person in this game, enjoy ;)
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:45 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Hopefully ya'll will now realize that I don't pick up on 'crumbs' lol

Anyway I don't trust any of you especially, oddly enough Wu is my strongest townread right now based on i dunno this game is hard
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Having no meta knowledge here is probably making this tougher for me. I do agree that if I was Meg at E-1 I would have told everyone I was the other mason immediately, and I really don't get why he didn't.

me
catboi
wu
std
roden
val

Not only do I not know who to trust exactly, but I actually can't even manage to seriously rule out a single possible evil team. Sorry I'm not very helpful. I might just do whatever Wu does since he's my strongest townread rn
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 783, Roden wrote:Why would you gambit something like that unless you were 100% certain StD was scum? And how could you be 100% certain?

I
AM
as sure as I can be that StD that is scum, here, Roden - and the longer catboi pretends that he doesn't know the scum play today is to shade me but not vote me, and the longer he shouts "val is scum" without following it through with a vote, the more confident I am catboi is his partner.

Ask yourself, did StD actually back off, or did he just constantly complain I wasn't outlining the case against him in the hope I would back off my soft claim? As I said yesterday, StD continuing to complain I hadn't outlined the case against him, while simulatainously demonstrating he understood I was soft-claiming mason reads to me like scum frustrated it
was
only a softclaim, and wanted a hard claim, so there wasn't any doubts and they could nightkill me knowing nothing could stop them. I wasn't about to fake claim, but I was going to continue to soft since it was very obvious StD thought he found a crumb, and I thought I could very well draw the night kill last night from them.

Like I said then:
In post 728, Val89 wrote:I take the continued and repeated attempts by the slots I find most scummy at this point (StD and Shwinn) to continue to attempt to draw my slot in particular into further explanation on my case against StD (and note they are kicking up a fuss specifically against Val not having given a fully fleshed out case, despite StD being scumread and voted by multiple slots) as evidence scum might still have some residual doubts they want to try and resolve before today ends.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Val89 »

Is that a SECOND slot suggesting I am the scummiest slot in the game, without following through with a vote? :shifty:
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Roden »

In post 772, Val89 wrote:
In post 768, catboi wrote:I refuse to believe you act this way as a VT.
If that is the case, if you can't see why I did that as town in light of my then vote me.

You think I'm scum, vote me. We have an extra day now. I'm going to take - and I suggest everyone else consider this too - that any slot that throws shade at me today, but doesn't follow that up with a vote, as a scum claim; because I think StD is scum, I think it's faily obvious we aren't partnered, and so not flipping one of us today means someone deliberately keeping me alive for the ELO.
We're in MELo, we can't vote freely anymore since a mis-elim means we get endgamed. It should be the opposite of what you're suggesting, since four votes cause an elim and only two votes from town are needed for scum to quick hammer.

Also, it's not impossible for both you and StD to be scum and you 100% know that. If you hard bussed, no one would be likely to suspect you. I'm not saying this is the exact scenario we're in, but it doesn't help town to shoot down any and all suspicion towards you as having scummy intent.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Val89 »

No, hang on, scratch the above - what is this list exactly?
In post 786, shwinnebego wrote:me
catboi
wu
std
roden
val
I thought that was list of your reads towniest to scummiest, but there is Wu, apparently your towniest read, sat in the middle. What is that list, shwin?
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 am

Post by shwinnebego »

I *guess* catboi/val seems unlikely
I *guess* StD/val also seems unlikely

But honestly if catboi/val are the team their "debate" is good because it creates the conditions for a bus that would make whoever doesn't get quorumed seem town to everyone else.

If literally everyone except me knew that Val was softclaiming mason yesterday, then I gues I'd have to re-read everything that has transpired so far through that lens. This would probably improve my townread on Roden. It might make me think catboi was being more devious as a wolf going along with a presumed town realclaim (precisely why a wolf catboi would vote Meg, knowing that we weren't yet in mis-quorum and lose)

Either way my strong townread on catboi has largely evaporated at least for the moment

I would sort of love it if my very first mostly joke read of the game on catboi was correct lol, and it would prove to me that my chaos play early D1 is just as good as "trying" to "solve" the game with "logic"

I was gonna end thsi post with voting for catboi, but val is saying that sussing him without voting him is suspicious (presumably for some galaxy brain reason that my small brain will never understand), so even though Val's gambits have been rather useless I'm gonna indulge him and VOTE: val
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:53 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 790, Val89 wrote:No, hang on, scratch the above - what is this list exactly?
In post 786, shwinnebego wrote:me
catboi
wu
std
roden
val
I thought that was list of your reads towniest to scummiest, but there is Wu, apparently your towniest read, sat in the middle. What is that list, shwin?
just a random order to gather my dumb thoughts
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:54 am

Post by shwinnebego »

(i'd apologize for being stupid and needing to literally write down who's in the game in order to keep it straight, but then i'm talking to the guy who literally didn't know there were 6 players left and that therefore if we misquorum today we lose lol)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i think you (Val) spent the entire day convincing yourself i was scum without actually having a reason and now you're just doubling down on it trying to grasp at any straw that could make me look slightly bad

otherwise you would have given your case against me by now that isn't "look how STD responded to the fact i had no case on him!"

because it's shocking that a townie would be upset that someone was coming at them without spelling out their case
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 789, Roden wrote:
In post 772, Val89 wrote:
In post 768, catboi wrote:I refuse to believe you act this way as a VT.
Also, it's not impossible for both you and StD to be scum and you 100% know that. If you hard bussed, no one would be likely to suspect you. I'm not saying this is the exact scenario we're in, but it doesn't help town to shoot down any and all suspicion towards you as having scummy intent.
Yeah, this. I like this. I don't like the "it's impossible for me and StD to be on a team together" what an absurd thing to say, like you know this game is about lying and deception right
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 am

Post by catboi »

In post 783, Roden wrote:I'm not going to auto scum lock you, because Day 1 is proof that town can and will make weird gambits with Mason claims. I just don't understand how the fuck this game had two fake Mason claims and that neither of the real Masons tried to use their role whatsoever
I might've had doubts here but I don't think Val's posting today comes from town.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 789, Roden wrote:We're in MELo, we can't vote freely anymore since a mis-elim means we get endgamed
No, we are not. Don't buy the crap catboi is selling here; We WOULD have been in MELO if scum killed last night, but there was no-kill; and so there is an extra player (six, not seven, I give you that) that there would have otherwise been, and thus another chance today.

In any case, even if catboi truely beleived we were in MELO, wouldn't that be an even stronger reason to vote the slot you are suddenly sure is scum, and encourage others to do so?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 796, catboi wrote:I might've had doubts here but I don't think Val's posting today comes from town.
Oh, what a fucking shock. Where is my suprised pikachu face?
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:57 am

Post by shwinnebego »

In post 794, Save The Dragons wrote:i think you (Val) spent the entire day convincing yourself i was scum without actually having a reason and now you're just doubling down on it trying to grasp at any straw that could make me look slightly bad

otherwise you would have given your case against me by now that isn't "look how STD responded to the fact i had no case on him!"

because it's shocking that a townie would be upset that someone was coming at them without spelling out their case
I have no idea what StD's alignment is but he continues to completely own Val both in the style and substance of the actual argument, and I continue to love seeing Val eat shit to a more elegant and simple style lol. Appreciate the catharsis ;) But I shouldn't let the fact that I like your playstyle and rather abhor Val's influence unduly my perception of the game state.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”