borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.4
[3] Medea the Alien (PookyTheMagicalBear, Lady Lambdadelta, Here There Be Dragons)
[2] Lukewarm (Sleez, ManateeGal)
[1] Annie Edison (Spiffeh)
[1] ArcAngel9 (Annie Edison)
[1] ManateeGal (Dunnstral)

[5] Not Voting (ArcAngel9, Medea the Alien, Snarky fishes, Titus, Lukewarm)

With 13 alive, it is 7 to eliminate.

Spoiler: Shard Vote
[1] Here There Be Dragons (Dunnstral)

[12] Not Voting (Annie Edison, ArcAngel9, Dunnstral, Here There Be Dragons, Lady Lambdadelta, Lukewarm, ManateeGal, Medea the Alien, PookyTheMagicalBear, Sleez, Snarky fishes, Spiffeh, Titus)

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-08-17 11:00:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Sleez »

Looking at Titus, Dragons, Lukewarm.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 499, Snarky Fishes wrote:a game with
town
scum-Cabd
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

My bad I usually do pretty well differentiating

Do you think she’s intentionally muting her reaction?

Re:Luke, meh. It felt weird looking back at it.

Re:Medea- yeah, I’m scumreading them. I’ve been pretty upfront about it all game. But I’m gunshy. I’m worried I put myself in a confbias loop between liking the wagon and finding both of them independently weird but at the same time like yeah if cabds scum if I give him any leeway at all the games an uphill battle but what if I’m just doing perpetual mylo 2 electric boogaloo and hamstringing us before we ever get started by making a total ass out of myself
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 499, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 482, Annie Edison wrote:
Spoiler: Big pretty readslist on page 20
Town

Dunn
- Dunn's been proactively solving and piecing things together, plus the earlier bits about scum Dunn not taking a "naivete over the setup" angle.

fferyBell
- both have hit tonal markers for me. In particular, ffery's push back on Cabd about pocketing (I believe ceph used the term feisty?) was a big one, and Bell's is the snark we know and love.

Sleez
- I liked the early interaction with manatee that I've already weighed in on. I like the analysis on Lukewarm in and . When I've been working on this, that actually helped make it make a bit more sense than I originally expected.

Leantown

Pooky
- He reminds me of Tarot pooky, particularly day 1. I can kinda see what Bell said about being a bit performative, but I'm not super concerned about it at this point. This is subject to move after I chat with bulge.

CephTD
- I liked his weigh in around ffery that I mentioned higher up on the readslist. I also liked and the paranoia around LLD in . Also I'd wager the focus around the shard mechanic is >rand town as thats the kinda random shit town chases. I do want to see more solving out of them at some point though.

LLD
- I liked her response to ffery over the shards, I liked her callout of Titus's weird mindmeld post in , and I liked the vote on Medea.

Just north of null

manatee
- I just get this distinct newbtown out of their depth feeling whenever I read a manatee post. I do see Dunn's point about and ffery's about , so that's why they are closer to null. Need more info there, I suppose its not totally out of the realm of suspicion about newbie scum not knowing how to get a foothold in this game? Particularly if they got a heads up that we townbloc.

Null

spiffy
- awful voting record. burn with fire

Lukewarm
- I had him as town originally. I originally liked but don't like it again upon review. I have this really weird tinfoil that could be a bus vote and panicked a bit at the thought of my hammer? Sleez's comments kinda made some sense. I didn't like the awkwardness around Morph's reads. I don't know his full history, and maybe im just used to it by now but it just feels like artificial busywork looking back. And yeah I commented on it being tricky to understand them and like, I get it, but multiple people said to leave it.

Titus
- Titus's comments about me not sharing reads was weird given I was like the first to actually do it. Will probably be easier to read over time.

Scum

Medea
- I'm on the fence. Cabd's intro felt off as most of us have already said, particularly the "I have reads but PA said I cant." Like normally there's this race to see who can gather the most townreads early and it just wasnt really there from him? felt weird to me before ffery confirmed they hadn't played together post-2181. LLD read feels a bit weird, and it's weird he hasn't really elaborated on any of the other townreads he supposedly had by this point. (And no, he cant claim ffery's one becasue of 245). PA's felt alright but doesnt outweigh my misgivings about Cabd, I liked a bit but could also see it as a distance. feels weird to see in a post, instead of like a private comment. This one is also subject to move after I talk with Bulge.

AA9
- I've talked about her in my ISO already. But the short version is her line of questioning of me feels weird given everything about her line of questioning was something I've discussed both before and after the line of questioning.

This post was brought to you by the letter "W", for WEIRD.

VOTE: AA9

For now. Might move over to Medea.

Earlier editions had Lukewarm in the Leantown tier.
The performative comment about pooky is a fferyppost.

A manatee scum iso

I'm thinking about her reaction to my/Cabd's push in that game compared to her reaction to sleez's push here. her reaction to Dunn feels too muted to really make sense of atm.

Luke has played a couple games with town-me, a game with town-Cabd, and a game with town-morph (the same one Manatee played). I don't think he's the sort of player who takes others' opinions under advisement until/unless he's established a read/some trust there.

You say you're on the fence about Medea but you have them as a scumread you might move over to. This doesn't feel all that on-the-fence to me.
Town Game

First impression: They seem a lot more liberal with the votes as town, compared to the scum game, and this game
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Sleez »

Medea is awkward but not in a rousing manner.
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

In post 498, Dunnstral wrote:What made you vote for Luke?
doesnt feel as laidback as a recent game i played w him.
his posts feel positioned if that makes sense? like im less sure hes asking questions because he wants information from them and more just for the sake of it
will be back eventually
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

Serious question, notsci.

Have you read past medea games?

This is how married couples banter, we put it in thread because it amuses us.

Shit thing to find off man.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

In post 504, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 499, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 482, Annie Edison wrote:
Spoiler: Big pretty readslist on page 20
Town

Dunn
- Dunn's been proactively solving and piecing things together, plus the earlier bits about scum Dunn not taking a "naivete over the setup" angle.

fferyBell
- both have hit tonal markers for me. In particular, ffery's push back on Cabd about pocketing (I believe ceph used the term feisty?) was a big one, and Bell's is the snark we know and love.

Sleez
- I liked the early interaction with manatee that I've already weighed in on. I like the analysis on Lukewarm in and . When I've been working on this, that actually helped make it make a bit more sense than I originally expected.

Leantown

Pooky
- He reminds me of Tarot pooky, particularly day 1. I can kinda see what Bell said about being a bit performative, but I'm not super concerned about it at this point. This is subject to move after I chat with bulge.

CephTD
- I liked his weigh in around ffery that I mentioned higher up on the readslist. I also liked and the paranoia around LLD in . Also I'd wager the focus around the shard mechanic is >rand town as thats the kinda random shit town chases. I do want to see more solving out of them at some point though.

LLD
- I liked her response to ffery over the shards, I liked her callout of Titus's weird mindmeld post in , and I liked the vote on Medea.

Just north of null

manatee
- I just get this distinct newbtown out of their depth feeling whenever I read a manatee post. I do see Dunn's point about and ffery's about , so that's why they are closer to null. Need more info there, I suppose its not totally out of the realm of suspicion about newbie scum not knowing how to get a foothold in this game? Particularly if they got a heads up that we townbloc.

Null

spiffy
- awful voting record. burn with fire

Lukewarm
- I had him as town originally. I originally liked but don't like it again upon review. I have this really weird tinfoil that could be a bus vote and panicked a bit at the thought of my hammer? Sleez's comments kinda made some sense. I didn't like the awkwardness around Morph's reads. I don't know his full history, and maybe im just used to it by now but it just feels like artificial busywork looking back. And yeah I commented on it being tricky to understand them and like, I get it, but multiple people said to leave it.

Titus
- Titus's comments about me not sharing reads was weird given I was like the first to actually do it. Will probably be easier to read over time.

Scum

Medea
- I'm on the fence. Cabd's intro felt off as most of us have already said, particularly the "I have reads but PA said I cant." Like normally there's this race to see who can gather the most townreads early and it just wasnt really there from him? felt weird to me before ffery confirmed they hadn't played together post-2181. LLD read feels a bit weird, and it's weird he hasn't really elaborated on any of the other townreads he supposedly had by this point. (And no, he cant claim ffery's one becasue of 245). PA's felt alright but doesnt outweigh my misgivings about Cabd, I liked a bit but could also see it as a distance. feels weird to see in a post, instead of like a private comment. This one is also subject to move after I talk with Bulge.

AA9
- I've talked about her in my ISO already. But the short version is her line of questioning of me feels weird given everything about her line of questioning was something I've discussed both before and after the line of questioning.

This post was brought to you by the letter "W", for WEIRD.

VOTE: AA9

For now. Might move over to Medea.

Earlier editions had Lukewarm in the Leantown tier.
The performative comment about pooky is a fferyppost.

A manatee scum iso

I'm thinking about her reaction to my/Cabd's push in that game compared to her reaction to sleez's push here. her reaction to Dunn feels too muted to really make sense of atm.

Luke has played a couple games with town-me, a game with town-Cabd, and a game with town-morph (the same one Manatee played). I don't think he's the sort of player who takes others' opinions under advisement until/unless he's established a read/some trust there.

You say you're on the fence about Medea but you have them as a scumread you might move over to. This doesn't feel all that on-the-fence to me.
Town Game

First impression: They seem a lot more liberal with the votes as town, compared to the scum game, and this game
that was also a game i had knowledge of a scum player and scum won if they guessed that i had the same info so im sure you can guess why you mightve noticed that phenomenon
will be back eventually
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

:/

I’m rusty on old meta, yes. Didn’t do my Medea homework.

I’m sorry it wasn’t intended in such a way. I’ll think on it some.
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Sleez »

HURT: LLD
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:14 pm

I last got to play with Penguin 5+ years ago, of COURSE i'm gonna play differently to let her actually, you know, PLAY with me.

Medea is not morph. Medea isn't Cabd. Heck, Medea isn't even Trust Fund.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 482, Annie Edison wrote:I originally liked 339 but don't like it again upon review. I have this really weird tinfoil that could be a bus vote and panicked a bit at the thought of my hammer?
The unvote came as a combination of cabd's 334 reminding me that we have a hammer happy player in the lobby and ffery's 337 implying she was still working on her cabd read, which I am interesting in seeing before cabd is in cobra kai range. Plus we needed to sort the shard stuff out before we hammer anyone anyways.

So all in all, cabd getting close to hammer range seemed like a bad idea.
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Sleez »

Lukewarm continues to be very scummy.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

I think it’s hypocritical of me considering I’m doing the same thing. I get it.

Who were your other townreads from earlier or are those still off the table? Other than LLD.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Serious request: Stop fucking doing penguin erasure.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I am touched by this sentimental display of affection for your beautiful wife.

pretty heavy on the heartstrings buddy.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:17 pm

In post 515, Medea the Alien wrote:Serious request: Stop fucking doing penguin erasure.
This is @all not directed to any one poster.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:18 pm

In post 516, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I am touched by this sentimental display of affection for your beautiful wife.

pretty heavy on the heartstrings buddy.
I'm not in the mood, fuck off with that.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:18 pm

pengy do you want to join my cult?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:18 pm

In post 518, Medea the Alien wrote:I'm not in the mood, fuck off with that.
I was talking about 511
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 506, ManateeGal wrote:
In post 498, Dunnstral wrote:What made you vote for Luke?
doesnt feel as laidback as a recent game i played w him.
his posts feel positioned if that makes sense? like im less sure hes asking questions because he wants information from them and more just for the sake of it
I don't know that I have seen someone really describe my playstyle as laid back before lol

Even our last game, it was heavy paranoia on morph + unwnd followed by a hard 1v1 with Noraa, before I managed to find my town block
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 503, Annie Edison wrote:My bad I usually do pretty well differentiating

Do you think she’s intentionally muting her reaction?
I dunno. There's a fairly large gap between her early reply to Dunn and the second one where she said he's purposely mischaracterizing her.

This looks a lot more town than her reaction to my/our pushes in ceph's game. I might be townreading that more strongly if we hadn't given her a lot of feedback about why her reaction to those pushes looked scum in the other game.
Re:Luke, meh. It felt weird looking back at it.
I don't feel great about Luke, yet anyway. kind of null-town.
Re:Medea- yeah, I’m scumreading them. I’ve been pretty upfront about it all game. But I’m gunshy. I’m worried I put myself in a confbias loop between liking the wagon and finding both of them independently weird but at the same time like yeah if cabds scum if I give him any leeway at all the games an uphill battle but what if I’m just doing perpetual mylo 2 electric boogaloo and hamstringing us before we ever get started by making a total ass out of myself
I'm afraid to speak a read into the world, yet. I don't like Cabd's play, but I do kinda like Peng's play and there have been flashes here and there where I feel like I'm talking to town-medea. The appeal Cabd made to me makes me feel bad about life and everything.

The passiveness -- not sure that's the right word, but it will do -- has a different tonal quality than Tenet. From an arms race perspective I don't know what to expect from scum-cabd post Tenet. The implicit assumption that I'd be townreading him feels more like a town reaction than not. I think.

I could write an essay full of noncommittal bullshit about them, and probably will, before I manage an actual read.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:21 pm

So was I pooky.

I'm fucking tired of my hydra partners in multiple different hydrae getting casually erased just because I'm in them.

It happened in Ceph's game and I wasn't happy with that either, with Koba going so far as to nominate me and explicitly state NOT ffery for a town award.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:22 pm

thats p dumb

every1 knows she's the brains in that hydra
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”