Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

lolpagetop
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Sleez »

What does it take to become initiated into the hive from you all. Talk to me, ask me questions.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

Sleez which of my reads do you disagree with snd why?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

you only need to suffer a tragic defeat that makes you cry in the depths of your soul
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I did not mean to take part in the penguin erasure. The like first 30 posts from your hydra were all you cabd, and at first I missed when PA joined the foray
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

I'm going to walk the pup and think about my life choices. Catch you later.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@ffery

I may be off here, but I feel like you are engaging with me differently in this game then in our last one, which I think might be because I got hyper paranoid of you day 1 that game.

But I have reached a town read on your slot, and would not longer be paranoid of you
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Sleez »

In post 527, Annie Edison wrote:Sleez which of my reads do you disagree with snd why?
I don't see why AA9/Medea are scum together. Your lower end of reads are basically incative players and then Medea, which has been a large focus to you. I think at this point Medea has been talked enough to where it's becoming an agitation, and it can even be shown by the way Medea is responding right now. Why is Medea such an object of desire to you? Why is it to everyone. I see a lot being talked about around Medea but you're the only person who is really trying to figure her out. I give you credit to that end but nobody else.
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Sleez »

Lukewarm saw a fun little wagon then realized it might be a bad idea, and instead of owing up to the process made a convenient example for himself. He's very scummy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 410, Titus wrote:If I am alive, in a day or two, I would request to be made demonic if no other target. It'll make me more readable. I imagine there's stronger powers but I know people struggle to read me.

At bottom of page 5.
I lean town on this
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 270, Medea the Alien wrote:Talk to me about Lukewarm. Because, self-centered as it is, I didn't like his whole 'nice guy' approach to the idea of yeeting Cabd with a 'poor penguin doesn't play many games these days' sentiment. Maybe I'm just a bitch, but if you find scum you yeet scum and let them troll the dead thread instead. I realize Lukewarm has a persona of 'wouldn't have condoned the Marci quickelim, let everyone have a turn with the class teddy bear' but does he really think anyone who believes a slot that has both Cabd and a scum role PM should be giving it room out of pity?

I miss incisive Lukewarm that I've spectated elsewhere.

--PA
Penguin, did you really think that this was a serious post?
In post 42, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 11, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Medea the Alien

I refuse to believe I rolled T/T with cabd 4 games in a row cuz that'd be imba af
Pooky has proven cabd scum, but we should hold off so he can out his partners.

Plus, it would be mean to speed elim Penguin. She does not play very many games :good:
270 just feels like it has such a wild misrep of 42
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

Essentially my readslists traditionally work in a “clear from bottom up” sense and I’m typically much more confident about my townreads. I have no combined associatives for them as of this point.

Medea is a hydra of two really strong players that will make or break the game on whichever side they are on. They are both really good scum players, and as I’ve mentioned earlier I’m trying to hard carry this game. That means sorting out the heavy hitters ASAP, so I can take them out before they can take me out. Essentially, Im trying to find the scum that can carry despite their team and bring them down. I think that the game as a whole is confused about them, but the fact you see my solving versus a lot of others is I’m also kinda gunshy in general about eliminating friends. It’s something I’ve been working on, but it still rears its head at times (such as me not voting yet and wanting to be fairly confident before I do. I have a tendency to tilt if I fuck up so yeah)

Tldr- Basically I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself. Everyone in the game is focusing on Medea because both players are strong individually let alone together.

Does this make sense? I kinda just mind spewed. Might make it a bit easier to understand fmpov and most of the game can vouch for that

What did you think of my thoughts on AA9 not actually trying to sort me?
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 509, Annie Edison wrote::/

I’m rusty on old meta, yes. Didn’t do my Medea homework.

I’m sorry it wasn’t intended in such a way. I’ll think on it some.
Look, you can do all the Medea homework you want. Go do PA homework for that matter; you and I played together back in the day. I'm not going to pretend like I can point to anything in particular in my play that I expect or don't expect to see from myself, let alone expect someone else to see. It's been years since I've played aside from my Angry Birds hydra with Syryana where real life kicked my ass for what felt like the vast majority of that game (for those playing along at home, the recent Large Theme Grand Idea where we rolled werewolf with Pooky). I've changed a lot in the intervening time, and I'm playing for very different reasons than I was when I first started here nine years ago. If you could have predicted how town-me would have played before this game started, I hope you bought a lottery ticket that day too.

Spoiler: Not specific game relevant and probably me being too riled right now
I do know that I get really tired of being seen as a second fiddle to Cabd. I joined the site at least five months before he did. I played here for over a year before encountering Cabd as anything more than a screen name. I've had my own highlights and lowlights, but one trend here on the site overall is that whenever I do something, it feels like it's linked back to Cabd. I design and mod a game and he's my back-up? People talk about his mod meta. People cast aspersions on my character? I'm cast as having purportedly acted because of him.

Right now we're playing to have a game where we can talk about it (versus me snickering while reading his posts at work) and work together. That means that no, Cabd isn't going to charge out the gate and trample any chance for me to establish my own presence in the game. I also have a significantly more measured style, and we're both using this as a chance to meld playstyles a bit. That means Cabd doesn't necessarily throw every half-cocked gambit in the thread, and it means I put some of my more off the cuff thoughts up for public consumption.

For the record, I do wish he'd held back a little bit on commenting on my interest in scum-hunting off our wagon, as I was waiting to see where it went a bit more once Pooky showed up and when you made an active choice. I'm not going to get as much as I'd like from it now, but we'll see.

A lot of posts have gone up since I started this post, and I'm going to go check that out now. I'll leave you with this (and don't worry, folks who don't have any interaction with me beyond this game/games on this site, I won't linger on this; it's mostly to notscience): do you really think that from what you know of how Cabd and I interact outside of games, there would be no levity or digs at one another in our hydra posting? Because that seems really fucking disingenuous.

--PA
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 312, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 290, Dunnstral wrote:Your hydra hadn't posted yet so this doesn't mean much to me. I'm not sure why you're saying "if you find scum you yeet scum and let them troll the dead thread instead." in response to this, you were being voted before posting and there was nothing to find yet.
Sure. In his ISO up to the point where I posted, there was nothing interesting going on. Not what I'd expect from a player of Lukewarm's caliber. It looked way more like setting up his persona than being useful. Could be shooting the shit, but I was interested in what you'd seen that you didn't feel positively about at that point.

--PA
Also this response, the end where they say they were interested in what I had seen does not really line up with what they actually posted in 270, which ended up looking more like a rant about their own read on Lukewarm, but one that doesn't make sense with the order of events.
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

mindmelding w most of what sleez has posted since our first encounter
will be back eventually
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:47 pm

In post 539, ManateeGal wrote:mindmelding w most of what sleez has posted since our first encounter
Somewhat mood.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 538, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 312, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 290, Dunnstral wrote:Your hydra hadn't posted yet so this doesn't mean much to me. I'm not sure why you're saying "if you find scum you yeet scum and let them troll the dead thread instead." in response to this, you were being voted before posting and there was nothing to find yet.
Sure. In his ISO up to the point where I posted, there was nothing interesting going on. Not what I'd expect from a player of Lukewarm's caliber. It looked way more like setting up his persona than being useful. Could be shooting the shit, but I was interested in what you'd seen that you didn't feel positively about at that point.

--PA
Also this response, the end where they say they were interested in what I had seen does not really line up with what they actually posted in 270, which ended up looking more like a rant about their own read on Lukewarm, but one that doesn't make sense with the order of events.
This is basically what I meant when I said that it did not look like she was asking you in order to get a better read for you
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Sleez »

In post 536, Annie Edison wrote:Essentially my readslists traditionally work in a “clear from bottom up” sense and I’m typically much more confident about my townreads. I have no combined associatives for them as of this point.

Medea is a hydra of two really strong players that will make or break the game on whichever side they are on. They are both really good scum players, and as I’ve mentioned earlier I’m trying to hard carry this game. That means sorting out the heavy hitters ASAP, so I can take them out before they can take me out. Essentially, Im trying to find the scum that can carry despite their team and bring them down. I think that the game as a whole is confused about them, but the fact you see my solving versus a lot of others is I’m also kinda gunshy in general about eliminating friends. It’s something I’ve been working on, but it still rears its head at times (such as me not voting yet and wanting to be fairly confident before I do. I have a tendency to tilt if I fuck up so yeah)

Tldr- Basically I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself. Everyone in the game is focusing on Medea because both players are strong individually let alone together.

Does this make sense? I kinda just mind spewed. Might make it a bit easier to understand fmpov and most of the game can vouch for that

What did you think of my thoughts on AA9 not actually trying to sort me?
Your paragraph about Medea pretty much says you are paranoid and trying to weaponize said feelings before they can seemingly sway everyone else if they're scum due to their legacy. I don't think that's fair to them and I don't think it's productive. I also don't think you need to pressure yourself, glory is fleeting.

I have no thoughts on AA9. I looked at her ISO and she was mad about her questions not getting answered. Do you think that's fake?
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

In post 540, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 539, ManateeGal wrote:mindmelding w most of what sleez has posted since our first encounter
Somewhat mood.
i was gonna ask what specifically you melded/didnt but i didnt outline it myself so i'll give my piece and
then
pose the question to you.

im in agreement especially with what shes said about luke, but i also really like her interactions w annie in regards to your slot. im also struggling to understand a lot of the pushback at your slot, and her thought process in regards to how others have approaches it has been pretty great.

what abt you?
will be back eventually
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Mostly the luke suspicions, but also she sees the entire game's currents wrapping around us in a way that is counterproductive and yeah, part of it is just affirming our outrage, which is appreciated.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

I don’t have a good response, PA.

I’ve retyped this post like five times and it just doesn’t seem right.

I know how you guys interact. I enjoy watching the ribbing and stuff. My take was the posting reminded me of the “use thread for hydra pt” strategy I’ve seen. I’m literally just trying to get my bearings with you guys so I can figure out if I’m right or confbiasing because I really don’t even know anymore.

I’m sorry. I’m going to leave you guys be for a bit and do other things because everything’s too murky for me right now.

Ninja-
@Sleez-Yeah, I think you’re probably right re:Medea. I’m going to drop it for a bit while I try and recalibrate.

I don’t find AA9s posts genuine, as I’ve mentioned in my ISO her question on me in particular was strange. As you have said yourself, Medea was a big focus for me. Her asking what my read was despite me saying it in a past post, sharinn my thoughts on the wagon, and even sharing full thoughts after (which were subsequently ignored. Weird for someone waiting for an answer, no?) just seems off.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 510, Sleez wrote:HURT: LLD
Why
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:57 pm

In post 535, Lukewarm wrote:270 just feels like it has such a wild misrep of 42
In post 312, Medea the Alien wrote:Sure. In his ISO up to the point where I posted, there was nothing interesting going on. Not what I'd expect from a player of Lukewarm's caliber.
It looked way more like setting up his persona than being useful.
Could be shooting the shit, but I was interested in what you'd seen that you didn't feel positively about at that point.

--PA
At that point in time, I was quite suspicious of you, Dunn, for having apparently missed two important game elements. You had a list of five players you weren't town reading. Two who hadn't posted (not relevant), one was us (not looking to debate our towniness with someone I was scum leaning), one was ManateeGirl (who I agreed with you on, that's a boring convo), and Lukewarm. Whose posting I wasn't wild about as a whole but didn't have anything that I would necessarily expect another player to see the same way. In approaching you about discussing this read, given that you were explicitly not townreading us, I figured it was good faith to provide some insight into what I was personally seeing.

Spoiler: Lukewarm's ISO prior to 270
In post 39, Lukewarm wrote:Hello!

VOTE: LLD
In post 42, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 11, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Medea the Alien

I refuse to believe I rolled T/T with cabd 4 games in a row cuz that'd be imba af
Pooky has proven cabd scum, but we should hold off so he can out his partners.

Plus, it would be mean to speed elim Penguin. She does not play very many games :good:
In post 43, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 13, Annie Edison wrote:i'm town but pretty sure my hydra partner rolled scum, he's acting weird in discord
bastard game, smh
In post 251, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 87, Dunnstral wrote:I'm glad you asked, Snarky Fishes.
In post 2, borkjerfkin wrote: [*]Unless otherwise specified, a player is considered "Demonic" if they have two or more shards, otherwise, they are classified as "Human". Players may start with 0 or more shards per their role.
[*]During the day, in addition to the normal elimination vote, players may also vote for a player to give a single shard to using HURT: Hurt Tags. This must be done before the elimination because elimination will end the day. While the vote to give a shard must take place before the end of the day, the shard will not be assigned to the awarded player until then. It is not compulsory to give a shard in this manner. There may be other ways to receive shards.
[*]I will confirm the number of shards each player has via PM at the beginning of every phase and whether that makes them
Human
or
Demonic
I believe that shards going to town is in general good but might be case-by-case depending on who you ask. And 'how good' is also case-by-case, but in general my expectations are that demonic form is an upgrade to human form in the majority of cases.

HURT: Here There Be Dragons
There are some wild assumptions in here
In post 253, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 89, Dunnstral wrote:
Fos: Lukewarm
Hi
In post 257, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 99, Dunnstral wrote:I didn't realize that scum had an alternative win condition.

I still think we should consider powering somebody up, but don't think we should hand it out randomly.
Does this mean that your hurt vote was not random? Can you explain it then?
In post 269, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 258, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 257, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 99, Dunnstral wrote:I didn't realize that scum had an alternative win condition.

I still think we should consider powering somebody up, but don't think we should hand it out randomly.
Does this mean that your hurt vote was not random? Can you explain it then?
That's not what it means but it also isn't random. I wanted to give it to a hydra that could become more readable and decided on them or the fish hydra
Why hydras? Why those 2 hydras, when we have 4?

I tend to think that in this case, discussing shards is likely to benefit scum disproportionately, so I wanted to avoid any of Lukewarm's comments there, lest they draw out such discussion again. Otherwise his only substantial post was 42. I presented my perspective on it looking to engage. You'll even note at the end when I saw you two were going to be talking, I 'paused' my comments to wait to be addressed if you so chose after you finished your convo with Lukewarm. I'm not seeing how this is attempting to impose my POV on you beyond the normal discussion of opinions in a Mafia game.

--PA
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

In post 531, Lukewarm wrote:@ffery

I may be off here, but I feel like you are engaging with me differently in this game then in our last one, which I think might be because I got hyper paranoid of you day 1 that game.

But I have reached a town read on your slot, and would not longer be paranoid of you
this reads so weird to me i keep coming back to it
will be back eventually
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

Get some reads and a kill or something, not this AtE crap.
*hmph*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”