Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

wow using big words to distract me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

TLDR us getting killed under the original very tight 7 demon wincon is bad so we want to be in the middle of the pack in read lists.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

chinatown is really pretty!! i am probably completely out of thread for 24 hours or so but enjoy this pic until then !

https://ibb.co/j5qZ1HN
will be back eventually
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

being smug in the hydra pt about crumbsifting.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:02 pm

In post 1054, Snarky Fishes wrote:being smug in the hydra pt about crumbsifting.
Only allowed to be smug if you also got our alignment right.

You were just waxing poetic about fear of getting it wrong...
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 1053, ManateeGal wrote:chinatown is really pretty!! i am probably completely out of thread for 24 hours or so but enjoy this pic until then !

https://ibb.co/j5qZ1HN
Enjoy your west coast!
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 1055, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 1054, Snarky Fishes wrote:being smug in the hydra pt about crumbsifting.

"goddamnit I'm developing a townread" count?
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 1055, Medea the Alien wrote:

Attacking my partner and lecturing me about it did not go down well.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:08 pm

I should probably warn you now that the non-morph heads of these two hydrae are apparently extremely good at getting under the other's skin, and that Penguin was explicitly ready to snapvote last night, like I said.

I believe the specific term used was "shit stirring because forcing bluster is the best way to dodge the low posting meta" or something along those lines.

A lot has changed since last night, though, and it was a VERY stress heavy weekend. I expect some social and tiredness reset will change the lens.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Potentially overblown analysis of Manatee's reads list for notty and whoever else would like to partake:

Not a great post but not completely convinced it's a scum post.

What jumped out to me immediately was that she called notty's approach to Medea the only "towny" one which would imply that the rest were "not towny" but the entirety of the Medea wagon + detractor contingent was null to town on her reads lists with the exception of ffery/Bell (admittedly she mentioned that she couldn't think of another way to put it so maybe I'm misinterpreting?) which felt like a disconnect for me. I'd like to know from Manatee what the other Medea pushers did that doesn't feel "towny".

And yeah overall just a "whole lot of nothing" which along with the fact that you're pointing it out to me specifically I assume is why she's garnered some votes.

But I feel better about the lack of quality given that she stated that it was shitty and being used as a tool to engage with people more. It has a "thrown together" vibe to it seems carefree and I feel like scum!Manatee takes more time to polish the reads list if she would bother to post one to begin with? From what I saw no one asked for it or anything so I don't think scum!Manatee benefits at all from giving a reads list then, especially when she directly acknowledges in her response to notty's reads list that she could probs sit comfortably in people's noobtown pockets and just not rock the boat.

I've convinced myself that I townread the post more than I did when I started typing this out
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Like that reads list is the type of newtown post I'd expect scum to ravenously jump on to get some leverage/votes onto a Town player I'm excited to read on and see what comes from it!
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

In post 649, Annie Edison wrote:
Spoiler: Weird discrepancy in manatee wall
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:
[Medea read]
i guess bc i think some votes on them are scummy i'd default town
Here are her reads on everyone who has voted medea.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Pooky - I have no real opinion besides maintaining my lvl 1 townread on him. i'd like 2 interact more.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:LadyLambadelta - will probably have more to say when we can get more out of their posting style
This is weird given I'm actually trying to get content out of LLD atm and demonstrating how we CAN get it.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Here There Be Dragons - lvl 1 townread for now. im not sure theyve posted since ive stated that opinion but it remains the same. ~vibe~ read more then anything else
Townread.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Sleez - i dont think ive disagreed with most anything shes said and her perspective and approach to the game is a pretty easy town for me.
Strongest townread in the whole list.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Lukewarm - ive outlined most of my thought process regarding him but im struggling to find stuff i like regarding him. as sleez mentioned his medea vote felt opportunistic. not a huge fan
The only scum read here.
You’ll see this on reread but here was my issue with it spiffy.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Oh another note about the Manatee reads list is that I didn't like her assigning me as a scum read because I voted and disappeared as the game had only started about 24 hours prior on a WEEKEND and think it could have just been an easy way to artificially inflate the number of players she was scum reading. When looking at the explanation I think it would make more sense for me to be a null read.

I could just be irritated because it's me, I think Ceph does this later on which is FAR MORE EGREGIOUS and I will have words for him when I get there (or maybe these are the words for him)
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Sleez »

VOTE: ArcAngel9
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1062, Annie Edison wrote:
In post 649, Annie Edison wrote:
Spoiler: Weird discrepancy in manatee wall
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:
[Medea read]
i guess bc i think some votes on them are scummy i'd default town
Here are her reads on everyone who has voted medea.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Pooky - I have no real opinion besides maintaining my lvl 1 townread on him. i'd like 2 interact more.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:LadyLambadelta - will probably have more to say when we can get more out of their posting style
This is weird given I'm actually trying to get content out of LLD atm and demonstrating how we CAN get it.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Here There Be Dragons - lvl 1 townread for now. im not sure theyve posted since ive stated that opinion but it remains the same. ~vibe~ read more then anything else
Townread.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Sleez - i dont think ive disagreed with most anything shes said and her perspective and approach to the game is a pretty easy town for me.
Strongest townread in the whole list.
In post 637, ManateeGal wrote:Lukewarm - ive outlined most of my thought process regarding him but im struggling to find stuff i like regarding him. as sleez mentioned his medea vote felt opportunistic. not a huge fan
The only scum read here.
You’ll see this on reread but here was my issue with it spiffy.
Aw look at us pointing this out separately/together, I promise I didn't cheat and read ahead

Yeah that's probably the scummiest part of the post but still not enough to reverse the other ~decent feelings I have about Manatee atm. I don't really agree with the LLD read explanation being weird because that's mostly how I feel about her and null feelings on her slot seem reasonable to me.
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by Sleez »

I think Manatee's wagon is mostly comprised of town. Maybe one scum in there.

Scum isn't really interested in touching Manatee, they're afraid it's gonna fall off. I've been looking for the people who have been playing with their votes. This thread needs more voting.
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Sleez »

If Manatee is scum however then that could mean the exact opposite. There's no apparent credit to get towards Manatee.

I still believe in Manatee being town, so not compromising.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

I’m down to sheep spiffy for now

VOTE: AA9
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Sleez »

I would float LLD, Manatee, Annie all to the next day. I would actively be against these eliminations.

The rest of you I'm figuring out. If I'm wrong about LLD then Annie's thought earlier about who refusese to interact with her is important. I won't be talking about it yet.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 666, Sleez wrote:
In post 663, Snarky Fishes wrote:Well Manatee, are you caught scum?
Why are you asking this you nitwit. It's not like she's going to say yes. If your immediate response is that you're testing her reaction when she's shown to already be a very reactionary person I will send you to your grave.
This is a bad post. Not really understanding the Sleez town reads in general? @notty can you elaborate or point me to where you do so?

On a related note, while I'm not townreading Lukewarm I also don't like Sleez's reasoning for scum reading him which, unless I'm missing a major component, boils down to him being the worst vote on Medea (fine) and not liking that Lukewarm unvoted Medea while they were being run up, which is a very reasonable thing to do early on Day 1? I specifically don't like that she doubles down on it here and here. It feels like an unwarranted attack on Luke just to have something to do.

To be fair I think they have a little back-and-forth coming up that results in her read reversing that I have to dig into but I didn't like her immediate initial confidence there, the punishment doesn't really fit the crime.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

In post 297, Annie Edison wrote:I liked Sleez’s abrasive ness and think it’s a weird look for scum in a setup with everyone so familiar with each other.
In post 482, Annie Edison wrote:Sleez- I liked the early interaction with manatee that I've already weighed in on. I like the analysis on Lukewarm in 421 and 427. When I've been working on this, that actually helped make it make a bit more sense than I originally expected.
If you want like a meta-y explanation I’m viewing them like a more respectful Superbowl wrt the wine club. Like acknowledging it’s existence and trying to understand but also being assertive about it

There’s very few permutations I can think of that wouldn’t know how this game would head with the playerlist, and sleez’s questioning about it feels genuine. I liked their interactions with me about Medea and that’s part of what helped me snap out of the confbias, and I don’t think it makes sense for scum to try and break down a wall like that given past history.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

Sleez was my second townread.

Bell has more rigorous standards than I do for handing out townreads. He has issues with sleez's approach to the shards.
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Sleez »

And I have issue with people being hush about it. Scum already know what the shards do very likely, it's mechanic plays into their win condition.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

The wincon change alleviates some of the concern, to my mind.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”