Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 1991, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 1952, Medea the Alien wrote:sympathy for the dynamic of taking two people who may be quite complementary IRL and making their games mesh for the thread's consumption
Is this why you've been scumreading us previously? I'm being a better hydra partner than usual, but that's not saying much
Not specifically, but I'm willing to consider that it's part of why your hydra feels opaque to me. I've been busy breaking computers at work this morning, so I haven't looked more closely at your recent posting.
In post 1992, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 1952, Medea the Alien wrote:I don't like that he jumped into my line of questioning at Dunnstral
Is this a behavior you've actually noticed coming from scum or just something that feels bad? I'm sympathetic because I had to get yelled at a few times to stop doing this
It felt defensive, like 'I need to do damage control' in a way that fit in with my initial impression that he was setting himself up to hit the superficial markers of his town game. I don't think it's always from scum, because I think feeling defensive is very natural regardless of alignment and I also know that he's new enough he may not have found himself in that dynamic yet. Hence the old school comment from me; I think site meta has moved away from the 'talk about player A with player B without looking for input from player A' model?

So the damage control feeling is a scum lean to me, but it's weak. It adds up as part of my not liking his play here, but I'm waiting to see what he does elsewhere. Also probably need to reread/full read his recent posts.

--PA
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

In post 1999, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 1995, Here There Be Dragons wrote:rhea's point about medea is salient and making me wonder but i still like medea's content

titus's gambit seems like it would catch someone irregardless of their alignment

~std
You cant post "irregardless" from an account with my name on it :v
irregardless

haha no signature must be ceph who said it
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:50 am

This is bullying
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 1997, Annie Edison wrote:
In post 1984, ManateeGal wrote:anyoneee wanna talk abt my new and improved readslist
I plan to spend some time with yours and PAs lists tonight.

Every time I return to the thread the 2181 parallels continue.
I don't have that feeling about this morning's activity. 7 solid hours sleep does amazing things!

What is contributing to that vibe since last night?
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Today it’s “someone who should be in the miselim pool claiming FN”
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2004, Annie Edison wrote:Today it’s “someone who should be in the miselim pool claiming FN”
I was wondering. Almost asked explicitly,

There's a wincon-convenience to the claim if scum, for sure.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

But, from a reverse engineering perspective, it does make sense of some of her play. Like she had to have this in mind as her approach from the moment she entered the thread. Which is true regardless of alignment.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Yeah. It makes my life a heck of a lot easier, that’s for sure. There’s still the concerning tidbits about Titus making more sense as scum but it’s pretty difficult to fake mod confirmation.

I doubt Titus saw this game but one thing in the back of my mind was in 2153 when Hoopla claimed even night friendly neighbor to stall the game out for two days. But given titus’s confusion about shards I’m not sure this is the case?
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Annie Edison »

On further reflection it makes my life harder because it makes it increasingly less likely scum is in the outliers.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

I went to sleep contemplating a Pooky vote.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2008, Annie Edison wrote:On further reflection it makes my life harder because it makes it increasingly less likely scum is in the outliers.
I would be more emphatically "this makes Titus town" if it weren't for the alternate wincon.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Annie Edison »

What do you think of his interactions with Titus today?

Ninja-
I mean if day three comes around and noones gotten a message we can figure it out then. It’s also just a weird fakeclaim for scum to make in general sans my one example.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2011, Annie Edison wrote:What do you think of his interactions with Titus today?

Ninja-
I mean if day three comes around and noones gotten a message we can figure it out then. It’s also just a weird fakeclaim for scum to make in general sans my one example.
On the face of it his interactions look ok. I don't think "on the face of it" is a good place to be focusing with Pooky, though.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Titus »

@Annie, The reason why I played it the way I did is that it leaves scum with no good options.

If we shard me and then I get enough shards to turn demonic, I am removed from the elimination pool.

However, by not sharding me after I get sharded today, they are suggesting they want me in the elimination pool which indirectly suggests I am town.

The only move for them is to argue that I am not an FN to try and eliminate me before I get enough shards to become a demon. It forces them to tunnel me.

If they do decide to demon me and then roleblock me, then that's resources that aren't spent on our investigates which means they get shots off. Plus, they'd risk being tracked and or watched as I'd be an ideal target for such investigations if they occurred.

If they tried to kill me, they kill in the miselimination pool rather than obvtown who actually can lead the game.

There's no chance I draw a CC either as scum would not pick a 1 v 1.

Their only move is to FoS and vote me. Thus, Slayer's gambit is the move.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:21 am

i think titus is town
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 2013, Titus wrote:However, by not sharding me after I get sharded today, they are suggesting they want me in the elimination pool which indirectly suggests I am town.
This doesn't make sense given what you've said about your role?
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Annie Edison »

I mean that can be said for multiple people, but yeah. I don’t really agree with Titus’s “gotcha” reaction test and am a little confused what she thought she’d net in a playerlist like this. That seems like something you’d pull in a crowd of random people.

One thing I think is weird is that the varying buddies from Tenet all disagreeing on how his play here compares to say, unwnd, who iirc had a scumread on him in tenet?

I’ve been trying to think what his plan would be in a playerlist like this in a post-tenet world
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Like look at the elims we had in tenet. If you told me pregame we’d miselim peta, skitter (thinking back with what I know now ofc), FL, I’d have called you crazy. I just don’t know why Titus thinks this group would focus on the LHF unless it’s like a slight shift from unwnds mentality?
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:26 am

In post 2017, Annie Edison wrote:Like look at the elims we had in tenet. If you told me pregame we’d miselim peta, skitter (thinking back with what I know now ofc), FL, I’d have called you crazy. I just don’t know why Titus thinks this group would focus on the LHF unless it’s like a slight shift from unwnds mentality?
it makes plenty of sense to me
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Am i just proving unwnds point?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2015, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 2013, Titus wrote:However, by not sharding me after I get sharded today, they are suggesting they want me in the elimination pool which indirectly suggests I am town.
This doesn't make sense given what you've said about your role?
It does. If I don't get sharded, I don't get my friendly neighbor abilities thus I cannot confirm my claim. This, in theory, would keep me in the miselimination pool longer. Scum want me in the pool, but they make the choice to go further from their wincon. It suggests scum don't want me to confirm myself (suggesting I am town) as scum would want to shard themselves. The only reason scum wouldn't shard me is to keep me in the pool which suggests I am town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Annie Edison »

What keeps scum Titus from claiming to have never received a second shard from scum
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2017, Annie Edison wrote:Like look at the elims we had in tenet. If you told me pregame we’d miselim peta, skitter (thinking back with what I know now ofc), FL, I’d have called you crazy. I just don’t know why Titus thinks this group would focus on the LHF unless it’s like a slight shift from unwnds mentality?
In tenet, I had no charisma and predicted exactly (strategically not specfic eliminations) how it would go. Here, I expect to have no charisma in this list. Doubly so with RL.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2021, Annie Edison wrote:What keeps scum Titus from claiming to have never received a second shard from scum
Investigators and demonic announcements.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:37 am

Post by Titus »

Pooky is scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”