Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 598, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 560, Hectic wrote:It's fun but probably not extremely productive, let's place our bets though

I reckon Pavowski + Enchant + Lukewarm
Marci + Vulture + Pav
Actually. Maybe hockey in there....

But I am not sure who I would swap out.

[Marci, Vulture, Pav, Hockey] inclusive is my guess atm
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm slightly curious where I disappeared to in Pavowski's reads. I was a bottom two for them before T3 was shot, then completely excluded from the reads after.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:56 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 598, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 560, Hectic wrote:It's fun but probably not extremely productive, let's place our bets though

I reckon Pavowski + Enchant + Lukewarm
Marci + Vulture + Pav
explain to me how u think me and vulture could be on the scum team together
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 570, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 527, Toogeloo wrote:Here is where I think T3 slipped his partner....
Spoiler:
In post 10, T3 wrote:Players in order of readability:
Really easy: Lukewarm, marcistar
Also ez but slightly less: Pavowski, Toogeloo
I have some idea: Enchant, HockeyFan
Screw alts:
Hectic alt
, Galron, Vulture
OPENWOLF: NM
I had no idea that Art was Hectic's alt until Hectic officially replaced into the game. After he replaced in, I went and looked at Art's posting history. There is no reference that Art was Hectic there. So then I checked Hectic's posting history, and I went all the way back to the beginning of July (Art was born mid-July). There was no mention of an Art alt there. So how did T3 know that Art was Hectic's alt? An alt like that probably needs an ego post from it's main account in a private topic, especially for easier communicating.

My suspicion is Hectic made himself known in the mafia chat and T3 slipped that knowledge in the beginning of the game.

If I had the gun, Hectic would be my next shot.

My third suspect is Pavowski, which is more gut.

Toog is town. I see where vulture has proven toog to be wrong. But toog is town
This is actually pretty compelling. If Toog is doing scum theater here it's heckin deep theater.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 603, Pavowski wrote:
In post 570, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 527, Toogeloo wrote:Here is where I think T3 slipped his partner....
Spoiler:
In post 10, T3 wrote:Players in order of readability:
Really easy: Lukewarm, marcistar
Also ez but slightly less: Pavowski, Toogeloo
I have some idea: Enchant, HockeyFan
Screw alts:
Hectic alt
, Galron, Vulture
OPENWOLF: NM
I had no idea that Art was Hectic's alt until Hectic officially replaced into the game. After he replaced in, I went and looked at Art's posting history. There is no reference that Art was Hectic there. So then I checked Hectic's posting history, and I went all the way back to the beginning of July (Art was born mid-July). There was no mention of an Art alt there. So how did T3 know that Art was Hectic's alt? An alt like that probably needs an ego post from it's main account in a private topic, especially for easier communicating.

My suspicion is Hectic made himself known in the mafia chat and T3 slipped that knowledge in the beginning of the game.

If I had the gun, Hectic would be my next shot.

My third suspect is Pavowski, which is more gut.

Toog is town. I see where vulture has proven toog to be wrong. But toog is town
This is actually pretty compelling. If Toog is doing scum theater here it's heckin deep theater.
OMG I tried to spoiler and hide the big quote and I broke the formatting. Sorry =\

Anyway this point from Luke on Toog is difficult to argue with.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Pavowski »

Yikes I did it again. Apologies. Wth.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 575, Hectic wrote: This is kinda dodgy though. Lukewarm having "some sus" on marci pulls him up some in your books? How confident exactly are you on marci being scum for that to be the case?

The bolded feels a little off too, like you're trying to convince an audience of your suspicions
I'm still fairly confident in scum!Marci.

I'm willing to be proved wrong but I don't think I am.

Per the bolding, yes, I am trying to convince the lobby of my suspicions. It's possible you're scumreading me in good faith, but it's just as likely, and maybe more so, that you're not.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 579, marcistar wrote:
In post 564, Pavowski wrote:Lot of back and forth since this morning. Just a quick check in for me at lunch here but I still think Marci is scum, and T3's defense of her earlier suggests to me that we've been on the right track there.
wow shocker :yawn: scum still hating on me :roll:
how does it suggest its on the right track instead of some sort of mind game?
You getting shot was feeling like a distinct possibility, but (obviously, seeing as it didn't happen) by no means a foregone conclusion. Scum can try to steer sus off their partners, right?

Sure, it could be a mind game, but he didn't try to hard-clear you (like he did me -- he specifically read me as town at one point), all he did was say you weren't scum / couldn't be read because of reasons. He later hid behind this to claim he wasn't defending you.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 599, Toogeloo wrote:I agree with all the points Luke made about Hockey, and I recall feeling like Hockey and T3 having really weird interactions early in the game. I believe the term I used was they were, "slobbin' each other's knobs."

Hockey is someone who shouldn't make it to endgame.
I had forgotten about this but it was a good observation then and it's giving me pause in my townread of Hockey right now.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 601, Toogeloo wrote:I'm slightly curious where I disappeared to in Pavowski's reads. I was a bottom two for them before T3 was shot, then completely excluded from the reads after.
Don't take it personally. It's not just you; I haven't done full reads since the shot. (I'm not quite ready to do so yet, either, but there are interesting things happening today thanks to the scumflip.) All I've said so far is I still scumread Marci and I'm FoSing Luke a little bit and Hectic a lot right now.

You're on the rise today, though. Probably slightly north of null at the mo.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Pavowski »

My apologies for spamming this page. Not my intent. Gonna back off for a little bit.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Hectic »

Can you explain
why
you're confident on scum!marci, Pav?

@Enchant:
Why are you avoiding this game? Who're your guess for the remaining 3?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:15 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 551, Hectic wrote:It's hard to get over the reasons I had for Luke!town in though

/ were also towny but maybe it's too towny to be town
First time I've heard this. What does this even mean lol. having towny posts doesnt automatically make you scum
In post 564, Pavowski wrote:Lot of back and forth since this morning. Just a quick check in for me at lunch here but I still think Marci is scum, and T3's defense of her earlier suggests to me that we've been on the right track there.

But I am also starting to think that either Luke or hectic could be scum with her. Luke's pulling back which is unlike him (too many games he said and I get that, but still) but he seems to be holding some sus on Marci which brings him back up some in my book. I don't love hectics push on me. Scum knows I'm legit and could easily be trying to get Galron to shoot me here, add to that I've already said I'm not super confident in my reads. Maybe he wants me to get the gun and misfire. Taking a more critical look at this slot from here on out.

Not sure who that leaves as the 3rd, but I don't think hockey is likely.

Hectic you asked about me wanting reads from Galron. (Hard to quote as I'm on mobile right now.) I don't know Galron at all before this game, I just think it'd be beneficial to get reads from confirmed town before a shot since anybody can be wrong. On policy I don't think it's a good idea to die with information in your pocket. If I get the gun I will certainly give reads before I shoot. (Not that my reads have been a secret lately.)
At this point, I think you just have a conf bias of Marci being scum. You're not attempting to read her recent posts and are just saying "another scum post from Marci" every time she posts
In post 576, Lukewarm wrote:Hockey was my first scum read this game. Early on Hockey has sooo many lamist posts. It looked to me like Hockey wanted to look like he was here and active, so he was looking for things to comment on to sound townie
Spoiler: lamist on not shoot quickly
In post 25, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 23, Enchant wrote:Didn't saw any game he modded, but i don't think that's topic.

Btw, give me gun.
Scum!
In post 28, HockeyFan wrote:Didnt you just clear Enchant. Why do you want them to be shot
In post 29, HockeyFan wrote:Nvm I misread, but still why do you want people to hipfire
In post 51, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 46, T3 wrote:I suggest you shoot Galron Art or Vulture unless someone develops a strong opinion against that.
????? What is that? You're telling me u want to shoot people who have 0-1 posts rn?
In post 55, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 54, T3 wrote:
In post 51, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 46, T3 wrote:I suggest you shoot Galron Art or Vulture unless someone develops a strong opinion against that.
????? What is that? You're telling me u want to shoot people who have 0-1 posts rn?
If we hipfire.
Ok but we're not doing that so you dont have to worry about that(unless ofc N_M goes full troll mode)

Spoiler: lamist on not dragging the day out
In post 52, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 50, Not_Mafia wrote:I’m drawing this out as long as I possibly can
Bad decision
In post 70, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 68, Pavowski wrote:
In post 52, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 50, Not_Mafia wrote:I’m drawing this out as long as I possibly can
Bad decision
VOTE: Hockeyfan
Dragging it out too long just makes town apathetic

Spoiler: Trying to buddy up to art
In post 19, HockeyFan wrote:
Art wrote:Image
Art rolled town? pog
In post 73, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 71, Art wrote:Image
I hope u do this the entire game. These graphics are really good and im enjoying them :)

And like, every single one of those posts were on the first like 3 pages of the thread. So it just looked like he was coming in hard trying to look town and to make a buddy.

Hectic, what makes you sure that that was T3 slipping that hockey was town, and not t3 trying to chainsaw for his partner. Because he tried to call you scum for your read at the time
"Not shooting quickly" spoiler. I was active for that time, correct. It looks blown up comparatively because at that time because there were 3 people active at the time. Lets go over the posts you quoted. Yes, wanting a gun on post 11 is scum. Why would town want the gunbearer to waste their gun on page 11. The second part of that is me interacting with T3, yes. T3 wanted to hipfire which is super ??? so I wanted to question him more. I still maintain that T3 wanting to hipfire there was scum.

"Not dragging the day out" spoiler- What the fuck? Are you just towncasing me at this point lol. Once again, shooting early OR shooting very late are both bad. Your whole scumcase revolves around me "me commenting on things to be townie". Chief, isnt that what town is supposed to do? To be Tr'd no? Also, you saying this implies that you originally tr'd me. Why the 180 all of a sudden.

"Trying to buddy up to art" spoiler- lol, yea ok you're just pushing me from a scum motive.

Ngl, I think Luke started this push on me because his scum partners are now getting pushed.
In post 608, Pavowski wrote:
In post 599, Toogeloo wrote:I agree with all the points Luke made about Hockey, and I recall feeling like Hockey and T3 having really weird interactions early in the game. I believe the term I used was they were, "slobbin' each other's knobs."

I had forgotten about this but it was a good observation then and it's giving me pause in my townread of Hockey right now.
Sickkkk, perfect opportunity for scum!pav to shade me as soon as other people start sr'ing me
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 612, HockeyFan wrote:What does this even mean lol. having towny posts doesnt automatically make you scum
It means when there's a greater than average amount of townslips or voiced thoughts that are exclusive to a town mindset

Like there comes a point where if they're too frequent they might be faked

I don't think it's something to consider here though
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Hectic »

Town: Vulture, Hockey, Toogeloo

3 scum in Pavowski, marcistar, Enchant, Lukewarm

this is my view of the game right now

@Lukewarm: Why aren't you considering Enchant for scum?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 605, Pavowski wrote:Yikes I did it again. Apologies. Wth.
If you spoiler a quote that has a spoiler, sometimes there are nasty consequences, unless you break the spoiler in a specific way
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 612, HockeyFan wrote: At this point, I think you just have a conf bias of Marci being scum. You're not attempting to read her recent posts and are just saying "another scum post from Marci" every time she posts
This is entirely possible and I'm trying to avoid it, I'm sure it's getting tiresome to those of you *not* scumreading Marci. I will try harder to avoid it in the future. (When she asks me questions, though, I feel somewhat compelled to answer.)

Sickkkk, perfect opportunity for scum!pav to shade me as soon as other people start sr'ing me
"giving pause in my townread" =/= scumread, but boy you sure did jump to that conclusion
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:38 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 607, Pavowski wrote:Sure, it could be a mind game, but he didn't try to hard-clear you (like he did me -- he specifically read me as town at one point), all he did was say you weren't scum / couldn't be read because of reasons. He later hid behind this to claim he wasn't defending you.
do you think hard clearings the only way scum do mind games :oops:
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 616, Pavowski wrote:This is entirely possible and I'm trying to avoid it, I'm sure it's getting tiresome to those of you *not* scumreading Marci. I will try harder to avoid it in the future. (When she asks me questions, though, I feel somewhat compelled to answer.)
Uh, why would you ever let someone you think could be scum shut down you voicing a scumread? There's 3 scum out there and from your reads I can see you think hockey could be one, I don't know why you'd listen to his advice here and avoid openly voicing a scumread on marci
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 614, Hectic wrote:@Lukewarm: Why aren't you considering Enchant for scum?
Because this is my read on enchant
In post 422, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 421, marcistar wrote:
In post 419, Lukewarm wrote:Doing isos, and enchant feels like someone who thought they were signing up for a meme game and just really wanted to get the gun so he could just shoot away, and then slowly realized that ~half the lobby was taking the game seriously, and has resigned himself to a proper mafia game
where
What do you mean, where? thats like the whole iso

There is the "this is a meme game " phase:
7 - votes for the confirmed town
23 - asks for the gun
26 - scum claims
31 - asks for the gun again

The "is this not a meme game?" phase
35 - sheeps some votes
139 - starts thinking of how to strategically play the game
250 - can we just start shooting?

The "this is an actual game :facepalm: " phase
267 - thoughts on Toog
288 - pressuring me over a question I asked you
302 - pointing out that T3 has too many town reads, and asking him why he has not questioned it
322 - comes out with a town read on you
386 - starts to worry that if he gets the gun too late, compared to getting it super early, he could be the one to lose for the town
388 - starts pushing his scum read
391 - town reads you some more, and is worried that you are just lhf this game
My town reads atm are you, toog, enchant
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 564, Pavowski wrote:but I still think Marci is scum, and T3's defense of her earlier suggests to me that we've been on the right track there.
This is a very level 1 reason for thinking marci is scum. Scum defending someone does not make that person more likely to be scum. It probably means nothing on its own.

You gotta look at the way T3 defended marci and whether or not you think it's genuine/theatre
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Hectic »

Fair enoff, Lukewarm

My confidence levels on Pav!scum are back to high and I feel better
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:48 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 616, Pavowski wrote:
In post 612, HockeyFan wrote: At this point, I think you just have a conf bias of Marci being scum. You're not attempting to read her recent posts and are just saying "another scum post from Marci" every time she posts
This is entirely possible and I'm trying to avoid it, I'm sure it's getting tiresome to those of you *not* scumreading Marci. I will try harder to avoid it in the future. (When she asks me questions, though, I feel somewhat compelled to answer.)

"giving pause in my townread" =/= scumread, but boy you sure did jump to that conclusion
Wtf is "giving pause in my townread" supposed to mean then? Are you putting me back to null so u can decide wheetr to jump in on a push From Luke and start to SR Me?(should he continue it)
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Galron »

What differentiates lurksack scum Enchant from lurksack town enchant?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 620, Hectic wrote:
In post 564, Pavowski wrote:but I still think Marci is scum, and T3's defense of her earlier suggests to me that we've been on the right track there.
This is a very level 1 reason for thinking marci is scum. Scum defending someone does not make that person more likely to be scum. It probably means nothing on its own.

You gotta look at the way T3 defended marci and whether or not you think it's genuine/theatre
You're misrepresenting me again, and I don't like it.

She's not scum *because* he defended her. I already scumread her. T3's passive defense of her makes me think he was trying to shunt off suspicion on her without going so far as to hard townread her. So no, I did not find that defense genuine.

Return to “Completed Open Games”