Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 221, Cephrir wrote:
In post 218, skitter30 wrote:i think ceph is probably townie
i'm not sure i like tetrina's entrance (sort of newbscum-ish to comment on things that aren't super relevant), but if she hasn't played a lot of forum mafia i can see it coming from town too, so kinda meh on it overall
i underwent this exact trajectory
Eh I’m not as forgiving as you seem to be on this. Tetrina’s entrance seemed to be a little upset Ydrasse was townbinned for very little
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by rousseau »

In post 224, Tetrina wrote:I don't like her calling me a gimmick when I was asking ydrasse something

I think she's town, I mean Resistance, or both her and ydrasse are scums
is there a reason why so many of the posts you commented on (the ones others are calling not so relevant) were ydrasse-centric?
Show
il est dehors. il est dehors et brennan a pris les clés. veuillez nous aider. ils sont morts. ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts.

ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts. si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci,

il est dehors. veuillez nous aider. veuillez nous aider.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

on reflection i think tetrina's probably +town - i'm not sure scum make that big bolded post 'does resistance mean town?' like that

~

@tetrina i haven't played a load of irl mafia, but on a forum, a lot of the tells are more around looking for people who have sketchy looking votes, for people who aren't trying to solve, for people who are just 'hanging around' without trying to advance a town wincon, people who take votes or stances oppurtunistically

everything is on the forum and we can go back to see what people were thinking earlier. if someone's thoughts doesn't make much sense holistically that can also be a scum indicator

but welcome and lmk if you have any questions about playing!

~

@ceph do you have thoughts on ssbm or infinity?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 222, Gamma Emerald wrote:How so? It’s just balance talk, not saying she thinks that’s actually the case
oh good point i misread that, i thought they said scum might *have* 4 players and she'd know that wasn't the case if town, so i retract this point
even so on balance i'm leaning town-ish on them
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Tetrina »

In post 226, rousseau wrote:
In post 224, Tetrina wrote:I don't like her calling me a gimmick when I was asking ydrasse something

I think she's town, I mean Resistance, or both her and ydrasse are scums
is there a reason why so many of the posts you commented on (the ones others are calling not so relevant) were ydrasse-centric?
No, I just responded to what I wanted to. Are you now saying
I
could be scum with her? Also a lot went over my head tbh but I'll get the hang of it
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If Tetrina is scum I think Ydrasse is town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by rousseau »

In post 229, Tetrina wrote:No, I just responded to what I wanted to. Are you now saying I could be scum with her? Also a lot went over my head tbh but I'll get the hang of it
i mean, you
could
be

but no i was not intending to imply that specifically from my question
Show
il est dehors. il est dehors et brennan a pris les clés. veuillez nous aider. ils sont morts. ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts.

ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts. si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci,

Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Tetrina »

In post 227, skitter30 wrote:on reflection i think tetrina's probably +town - i'm not sure scum make that big bolded post 'does resistance mean town?' like that

~

@tetrina i haven't played a load of irl mafia, but on a forum, a lot of the tells are more around looking for people who have sketchy looking votes, for people who aren't trying to solve, for people who are just 'hanging around' without trying to advance a town wincon, people who take votes or stances oppurtunistically

everything is on the forum and we can go back to see what people were thinking earlier. if someone's thoughts doesn't make much sense holistically that can also be a scum indicator

but welcome and lmk if you have any questions about playing!

~

@ceph do you have thoughts on ssbm or infinity?
Thanks :D Having the evidence never go away is cool actually, like you can't lie about how you voted before which can happen irl when scum says they voted for another scum day 1 but no one remembers (and ofc they didn't)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by skitter30 »

also
@tweetie
the flavor is lovely and i love how pretty the opening posts are!
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 232, Tetrina wrote:Thanks Having the evidence never go away is cool actually, like you can't lie about how you voted before which can happen irl when scum says they voted for another scum day 1 but no one remembers (and ofc they didn't)
yes exactly! and if someoen said 'oh i'm voting player X because theyr'e sketchy' and later says 'i'm townreading X' they better be able to explain that read

if they can't provide a satisfactory one, they might be scum
(this is what i mean by having a 'sketchy' thought process or trajectory)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Tetrina »

Ahh okay so it's harder for them to defend each other too
Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Tetrina »

In post 223, Cephrir wrote:
In post 220, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 214, Tetrina wrote:
In post 211, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ah
Well generally I don’t feel like the numbers town has offer that big an advantage when scum have the information advantage
Idk it feels like 10 town and 4 scums would be more fair, but I'l trust that the game was reviewed or something
For an in-person game you’d probably be correct
But on here a lot of the in-person tells get lost which are a pretty significant deal
There’s like a 10% win rate adjustment in most setups based on that alone I think
please don’t ask me to cite my sources on that though because it’s like 5 years old atp (I remember the discussion that I’m probably referring back to being around when I first joined)
also, we have things like mafia PRs and not having a cop in every game
Whats a mafia PR
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 227, skitter30 wrote:@ceph do you have thoughts on ssbm or infinity?
i'm voting ssbm, which should tell you my thoughts! infinity hasn't made an impression on me yet.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 235, Tetrina wrote:Ahh okay so it's harder for them to defend each other too
it can be. people probably also engage in different strategies here like i bet bussing (attacking your partner so you look town after they flip) is less popular irl
In post 236, Tetrina wrote:
In post 223, Cephrir wrote:
In post 220, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Well generally I don’t feel like the numbers town has offer that big an advantage when scum have the information advantage
Idk it feels like 10 town and 4 scums would be more fair, but I'l trust that the game was reviewed or something
For an in-person game you’d probably be correct
But on here a lot of the in-person tells get lost which are a pretty significant deal
There’s like a 10% win rate adjustment in most setups based on that alone I think
please don’t ask me to cite my sources on that though because it’s like 5 years old atp (I remember the discussion that I’m probably referring back to being around when I first joined)
also, we have things like mafia PRs and not having a cop in every game
Whats a mafia PR
power role, like they can have other abilities in addition to killing at night
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Tetrina »

Oh we never have scums with other abilities irl so I assumed MT would make it the same here. That would make it more fair if it's 3 scums 10 town
Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Tetrina »

I gtg, I'll play again later :)
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by rousseau »

Show

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by House »

Hi all. I'll mostly be active in the evenings, but probably kinda spotty activity for d1. Work is kicking my ass, but it should ease up before too long. I couldn't resist when I saw this game in signups, though. :D
VOTE: Tetrina

First scum vibe. Salty, much?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by House »

In post 219, skitter30 wrote:
this if anything seems like a townslip tbh
Ew, no.

It seems like somebody isn't happy with their numbers, to me.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

house did you read the rest of tetrina's posting?
Show
Hiatus once more.

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 168, skitter30 wrote:
In post 107, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Vote-worthy because scum would look to pounce on me for this if they actually are malefactors. At first I was thinking this pointed to Pooky, as he was the second one to it (it will look scummy to have started this push if I ever flip), so sheeping it is something scum would want to do I think. I also think though that it's scummy as the person that started the push to not respond to the question, and I didnt want my vote on Rousseau anymore, as I'm TRing her a bit now.

I just think it's weird to read that one of the callers is scum and then not go back and analyze the callers' posts. I came into the game expecting from the description there would be anonymous messages that were sometimes pro-scum, sometimes pro-town. This is different so after I caught up I went back and read the caller messages again, to see if there was any hidden message for scum because immediately the scum caller reminds me of a traitor. I was expecting them to try to signal scum in some way, so I was specifically rereading for crumbs when I noticed it.
- i dont know if scum would call out your post there - i dont know id they *want* to call attention to the fact that they know scum flavor
- i dont understand the poooky bit: does scum sheep my push or not?
- if it will look scummy to make this push if you flip, why do I start it as scum?
- i missed the question, like i said. I dislike that you seen to be implying that i skipped answering on purpose
- i think the callers (esp. What they've posted thus far) are basically distraction, i dont think they're important to analyze much at all tbh. Even if we figure out which of them is scum just now, there's no player-relevant info in the messages yet, so there's not much we can actually do with it at this time
- ig reading it looking for a traitor could make sense but i'm still rather suspicious that you keyed in on the word 'malefactor', as i think it would stand out to scum more.
- Scum dont have to push me "because she knows the scum are malefactors", that would give away that they know the flavor when I have only speculated at it. All they have to do is push me for talking about it, or faking a townslip
- I thought, when I saw your push, that scum would sheep it. That's why I asked all 3 of you about why scum would post that, because town will sheep too. I wanted to coax a little bit out of you 3, especially Pooky, because he was just like "good point"
- If you start it but dont end it, and arent too involved, it could easily be forgotten that you started it later on. That could explain why you didnt vote with your push, or why you didnt answer my question in your next post, if that was intentional.
- if you're scum, I do think you skipped answering on purpose, but there's no way to prove it so I'm not really bringing it up anymore
- I think the discussion around the callers has been worthwhile. Whether the current caller messages themselves are significant, I dont know. But I do think the thread's kicked off regardless of how important the messages are at this point.
- I spotted it the second time through when I was actively looking for something. Up to you whether you believe that.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 172, skitter30 wrote:
In post 124, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 112, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i mean malefactor is just a word, why would you think that's the scum role from reading that?

i have a town role pm and i didnt get that thought at all when i read the dialogue in the beginning
I thought the scum team didnt know the scum caller and wanted to check for traitor crumbs in the radio messages
Also why would your first instinct in the game be to look for traitors in the messages as town? That also sounds like its coming from a scum mindset to me
Because I didnt read the setup correctly and thought the 1 caller that knows the identity of scum was not known by scum, like a traitor. I feel like in that situation the caller would want to signal scum so I wanted to look for that signal.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 215, skitter30 wrote:i'm not really sure why you think i ought to be viewing ssbm as flipbait? that's not how i view her and i'm not sure why that's relevant to the situation
to me, it doesn't seem like you considered whether ssbm could be limbait, or really anything about her mindset. if you did, i think you were uncharacteristically quick to jump to a conclusion based on shallow reasoning. i sort of understand where you're getting the idea that it's likely that ssbm approaches the "malefactors" thing this way as scum, but i have no idea where you get the idea that it's unlikely for her to approach it this way as scum. i felt her explanation was pretty robust and would've at least taken some doing to replicate and scum, and i actually feel like you recognized that too, but you brushed it aside because it didn't fit with your narrative.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 181, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 90, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@Mod is the conversation here an actual conversation between our newbstumps or some flavor you wrote up for fun?
That conversation was written by me for flavour before the game began.
:oops:
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

i also think you should know that omgus/reactionary behavior isn't actually scummy, and i see nothing in your reasoning that makes you think this is a special case.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”