*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

like... emotionally it hits the right notes for a skitter who is so sick of being scum :>

i thought about the possibility that she was exasperated scum like "here we go again dealing with this" but i don't think she's irritated so openly by it if she is scum so i have a decent tr there
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ugh i can't not respond >.>
In post 294, Infinity 324 wrote:to me the whole thought process of "i didn't know there was scum in the NPCs" is very level 0 towny
literally either alignment could fail to realize this tho >.>
this is why i dont' get why you're ascribing town intent here, she could just as easily be scum who didn't realize this ...
In post 294, Infinity 324 wrote:i thought that it was pretty obviously not the first thing that scum would think of when trying to get into a town mindset.
but my point is that i'm not sure that she *was* replicating a town mindset so much as those were her true (scummy) thoughts
In post 294, Infinity 324 wrote:at this point what i have the most problem with is the "omgus and reactionary" comment, which you later explained that it was the way in which she was omgus/reactionary that you had a problem with (correct me if i'm misinterpreting). if you had said that to begin with, i'd feel much better about it.
i'm not 100% sure what you're referring to here but yeah basically my issue was that she was voting me (i.e. implying she had a reason to scumread me) but as best as i could tell when i prodded a bit it didn't look like she really had any reason to, so it looked like more of a retaliatory vote than because she actually scumread my push
In post 294, Infinity 324 wrote:i don't think there's anything in particular that you should be townreading me for here, except perhaps for the fact that i'm pushing you right out of the gate, but you tend to be quite good at recognizing town!me
i'm somewhat baffled that you think i ought to be townreading you but also can't really point to anything that i ought to be townreading you for ...

also this might be a weird thing to say but i think this is a weaker/hollower pushback than i would sort of expect from town-you tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 296, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 286, Ydrasse wrote:for skitter i don't think she would have this wim as scum after getting it and getting kicked around like a soccer ball a few times over
ydrasse you were in perpetual melo? i used this exact argument to townread her there and she was scum.
idk if my opinion here, like, matters but i would p unhappy rn if i had rolled scum after tarot + that mini normal
plz take this with a grain of salt obvs
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by House »

In post 244, skitter30 wrote:house did you read the rest of tetrina's posting?
Mostly skimming through the first 10 pages.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Galron »

Infinity is in my town bin. Leaning skitter town too. I don't see a contradiction there
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 298, Ydrasse wrote:but i think it's another thing to think "some people at this table might remember these things and be expecting me to react in some way" and then like, fake exasperation as she is if she is scum?
i think if skitt is scum she's probably genuinely exasperated rather than something like this
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 305, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 298, Ydrasse wrote:but i think it's another thing to think "some people at this table might remember these things and be expecting me to react in some way" and then like, fake exasperation as she is if she is scum?
i think if skitt is scum she's probably genuinely exasperated rather than something like this
yes...? i said she was exasperated most likely if scum but then why... express it like that
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 299, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 260, skitter30 wrote:
In post 246, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Because I didnt read the setup correctly and thought the 1 caller that knows the identity of scum was not known by scum, like a traitor. I feel like in that situation the caller would want to signal scum so I wanted to look for that signal.
eh ok, i guess that could make some amount of sense and is semi-plausible. and that's what you were thinking the first time you read the messages?
I was surprised they were actual people rather than mod-controlled anonymous messages. I just sort of read them and didnt think that much of them except that it was interesting that one was named Locke when we have Rousseau in the game. I thought the font thing tweetie did to show the static was cool, and after I saw the pronouns listed I scrolled back up to try to commit the pronouns to the avatars/usernames.

That's all I can remember thinking when reading it the first time
ok
so upon learning that there were scum in the messages you went back to see if you can identify one, is that right?
what was your thoguht process the second tiem around, if you don't mind?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 300, Ydrasse wrote:like... emotionally it hits the right notes for a skitter who is so sick of being scum :>

i thought about the possibility that she was exasperated scum like "here we go again dealing with this" but i don't think she's irritated so openly by it if she is scum so i have a decent tr there
Idk if skitter would be the same way but I had a string of like 4 scumgames recently where there was like a weird dark energy that gave me
more
WIM in my scum games the more I rolled scum
I know it sounds stupid as fuck but dark energy is honestly the best to put it because it seriously defies logic how I managed to GAIN WIM in my scum games by rolling scum more
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

that isn't how it work for me but i'm not sure this is a like reliable source etc
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 308, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 300, Ydrasse wrote:like... emotionally it hits the right notes for a skitter who is so sick of being scum :>

Idk if skitter would be the same way but I had a string of like 4 scumgames recently where there was like a weird dark energy that gave me
more
WIM in my scum games the more I rolled scum
I know it sounds stupid as fuck but dark energy is honestly the best to put it because it seriously defies logic how I managed to GAIN WIM in my scum games by rolling scum more
i get this actually

i've rolled scum i think more than is physically possible for a person this year but i think it also depends on the person? for me i got into the midnset of "fuck it someone has to like playing scum"

it's really just something i think is specific to skitter who's Over It... i don't think she cycles into the evil side like we did :3
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 301, skitter30 wrote:literally either alignment could fail to realize this tho >.>
this is why i dont' get why you're ascribing town intent here, she could just as easily be scum who didn't realize this ...
ah fair enough. to me i think it shows a solving mindset though to immediately use the new setup info to try to go back and sort.

as far as the read on me goes, we can start with: why do you think i'm picking a fight with you right off the bat?

i don't think you should be townreading me necessarily, but i did say i thought it was likely you'd be townreading me as town here. i don't really think specific towny things i did are necessary for that because the things others townread me for are usually not the things i think are towny anyway.

@ydrasse sorry i missed that, i don't really agree but fair.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 303, House wrote:
In post 244, skitter30 wrote:house did you read the rest of tetrina's posting?
Mostly skimming through the first 10 pages.
ok fair enuf, can you take a look at the rest of her content and lmk what you think when you have a chance plz?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 182, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 177, Tetrina wrote:
In post 10, Infinity 324 wrote: is unfakeable

pedit: that'd be fun tbh
Wth is that unfakeable??
I'm half joking. I do think that post is town-indicative for ydrasse because I think she'd be really happy to roll town and I don't think her first thought after she rolls scum is to think "I need to fake being happy I rolled town"

PEdit: I lightly townread gamma because scum!him has been very scummy even early on in the past. Although, I think he can be a decent scum player so that's why it's a weak read. I'm relatively confident I can read him correctly as the game goes on
confusion
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

infinity do you think my happiness for being town isn't similar to skitter's exasperation?

they feel parallel
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

like you're making the same argument that i made for skitter in essence but you don't agree with one of them :>
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Tetrina »

VOTE: Infinity324

VOTE: Infinity324
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

no, the read on you is pretty you-specific (and it being the first post is important)

honestly i didn't even see where skitt looked exasperated but i don't necessarily see why she'd try to hide it as scum anyway
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

okay so you town read me

and i am saying that the read on skitter is skitter-specific but it still doesn't hold weight? :<
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

it kiiiiinda feels like you're digging in your heels and i don't get it
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 311, Infinity 324 wrote:as far as the read on me goes, we can start with: why do you think i'm picking a fight with you right off the bat?

i don't think you should be townreading me necessarily, but i did say i thought it was likely you'd be townreading me as town here. i don't really think specific towny things i did are necessary for that because the things others townread me for are usually not the things i think are towny anyway.
my intial thought was partners with ssbm and that you were like casually defending her and didn't expect this to spiral into as much of a Thing as it did
i've been kinda mulling it over and i'm not sure that i still like that theory tho
your defense feels kinda weird but i actually feel like it's in more of a white-knight kinda way? idk something about it doesn't feel really sincere to me
i'm still kinda thinking this through rn tho

i mostly think if you're scum you weren't expecting this to become a big fight tho

maybe i do townread you in a vaccuum but this whole thing is somewhat getting in the way and now my read is sort of colored by this 'weird defense of ssbm' thing so i don't really townread you rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 319, Ydrasse wrote:it kiiiiinda feels like you're digging in your heels and i don't get it
Do you think scumFinity does that here?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 321, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 319, Ydrasse wrote:it kiiiiinda feels like you're digging in your heels and i don't get it
Do you think scumFinity does that here?
maybe
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

also if it's about skitt being happy she rolled town then she did the exact same thing really early on in perpetual melo and she had had some pretty bad scumgames before that (at least divide and conquer, i think there was another)

pedit: i just don't get why the same logic would apply to skitt.

and fair enough skitt
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i feel like town her would be a bit more... willing to think about it or humor it instead of going "no, no, i disagree"?

i don't know if she'd feel obligated to keep on going because she doesn't wanna look flaky
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”