Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 470, rousseau wrote:
In post 464, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Tetrina elevated to TR
this line of questioning from tetrina actually was A+ because like

the answer is 'i'm not scum'

but they both assigned a lot of words to things that were not that

and now the mind wonders
The question wasn’t “am I scum”, it was “would a Gamma/Infinity partnership make sense to you”
Which is a unique question (and probably town because of that) because asking someone to analyze a POV that generally they wouldn’t be willing to entertain seems like 90ish% of the time you won’t get an answer like I gave. I consider myself an exceptional case of a player who is self-conscious enough to genuinely be able to consider whether I’d approach things in certain ways as scum when I’m town
This kinda became a ramble because I generally don’t feel like I get much of a chance to expand on this part of my play these days
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 425, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Stolen
It's nice to have pagetop votecounts, congrats on the srlf-own.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:54 am

In post 430, Infinity 324 wrote:ydrasse people have "come together" to scumread me d1 in many games you've been a part of and every time i've been town. why are you deluding yourself into thinking it's right this time
In my heart I know this is AI but my head doesn't know which way it swings.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Tetrina »

Morning Tweet: Are the callers talking to each other?
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:56 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 475, Gamma Emerald wrote:The question wasn’t “am I scum”, it was “would a Gamma/Infinity partnership make sense to you”
Which is a unique question (and probably town because of that) because asking someone to analyze a POV that generally they wouldn’t be willing to entertain seems like 90ish% of the time you won’t get an answer like I gave. I consider myself an exceptional case of a player who is self-conscious enough to genuinely be able to consider whether I’d approach things in certain ways as scum when I’m town
This kinda became a ramble because I generally don’t feel like I get much of a chance to expand on this part of my play these days
the question, as it was posed to you, was:
In post 461, Tetrina wrote:Hmm okay Gamma do you think you and Infinity as 2 scums makes sense?
so to me the expected answer would be

'no i do not think we do because i am not scum regardless of infinity's alignment'
Show
il est dehors. il est dehors et brennan a pris les clés. veuillez nous aider. ils sont morts. ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts.

ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts. si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci,

il est dehors. veuillez nous aider. veuillez nous aider.
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:58 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 479, rousseau wrote:'no i do not think we do because i am not scum regardless of infinity's alignment'
or simply 'i'm not scum'
Show
il est dehors. il est dehors et brennan a pris les clés. veuillez nous aider. ils sont morts. ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts.

ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts. si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci,

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

gamma likes to answer hypotheticals
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:00 am

In post 430, Infinity 324 wrote:ydrasse people have "come together" to scumread me d1 in many games you've been a part of and every time i've been town. why are you deluding yourself into thinking it's right this time
In post 455, rousseau wrote:
In post 453, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:DGB's skitter vote bugged me as potentially opportunistic and there's also something that looks like theater going on between it and Galron
this definitely a +partner equity vote for drippinggoofball/skitter

like drippinggoofball definitely knows that sort of early unexplained e-2 makes those on the wagon wary and diverts attention
You know this wagon wasn't going through on page 12. That is something I "definitely know." If your working hypothesis is that I am a cunning scum player, I just wait it out. It's a RVS lulzwagon.

Now the reactions, those are potentially interesting. It did cause players to take firmer stances.

rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:04 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 482, DrippingGoofball wrote:You know this wagon wasn't going through on page 12. That is something I "definitely know." If your working hypothesis is that I am a cunning scum player, I just wait it out. It's a RVS lulzwagon.

Now the reactions, those are potentially interesting. It did cause players to take firmer stances.
i probably should have used definitely 0 times in that post instead of 2
Show

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Galron »

In post 385, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 349, Infinity 324 wrote:@ydrasse ah ok.

i still think it's a bit weak to townread skitt for. she may even think the exasperation benefits her, either because it makes her a bit harder to push, or because she thinks it'll be seen as a genuine response to pressure and less robotic. there's a few too many question marks here for me to put weight on your read, sorry

I am also cautiously townreading ydrasse. i'll make an effort to try to switch off of the skitt stuff for now, you can help by asking me about a specific read you're curious about

also, to people who aren't understanding the meta stuff, if you want me to try to summarize something, or engage you about something else, i'd be happy to.
Excessively conciliatory.
I don't understand this.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 480, rousseau wrote:
In post 479, rousseau wrote:'no i do not think we do because i am not scum regardless of infinity's alignment'
or simply 'i'm not scum'
I interpreted the question differently then, mostly because “I’m not scum” felt against the intent of the question
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Galron »

In post 406, rousseau wrote:
In post 404, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 399, rousseau wrote:what is the word for when everyone simultaneously wheels on infinity and it feels orchestrated but the individuals don't feel like mafia
Chinese fire drill/flash wagon?
too hard to make sense of even with the big magnifying glass

like sure drippinggoofball + one of wheelers likely skitter partners if skitter mafia? but eh

if infinity mafia wheelers likely town

it just, like, everyone appeared from disparate places to scumread infinity at approximately the same time and other than tetrina also put effort into those scumreads and it does not feel particularly like that's just how things happen ya know
This CT comes from town more likely than not.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:08 am

It's been my experience that infinity is an "easy scumread" - a weakness that scum would definitely exploit.

Infinity, have you had a disproportionate number of scum on your final wagons? Including scum that suspects you but may be voting elsewhere for cover?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

CT?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 487, DrippingGoofball wrote:It's been my experience that infinity is an "easy scumread" - a weakness that scum would definitely exploit.

Infinity, have you had a disproportionate number of scum on your final wagons? Including scum that suspects you but may be voting elsewhere for cover?
*strokes beard thoughtfully*
<Embrace The Void>

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Galron »

In post 423, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 414, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 400, Infinity 324 wrote:how do you distinguish between a white knight and just me townreading you
@ssbm
White knighting is used to counterattack skitter here. Essentially the same words could be used to TR me in a different context, where I'm not being pushed by skitter, and that's the distinction. It's because it's tied into your push on skitter who was pushing me at the time. You were using a defense of me in your push on skitter, rather than just explaining a TR on me. It's the context of the words that distinguishes the wk from the tr

VOTE: infinity I want to do this or DGB right now in the interest of consolidating a bit
DGB? Seriously? I think the call on Cephrir is probably a good one, and I'm going to sheep it in a minute.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:14 am

In post 484, Galron wrote:
In post 385, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 349, Infinity 324 wrote:@ydrasse ah ok.

i still think it's a bit weak to townread skitt for. she may even think the exasperation benefits her, either because it makes her a bit harder to push, or because she thinks it'll be seen as a genuine response to pressure and less robotic. there's a few too many question marks here for me to put weight on your read, sorry

I am also cautiously townreading ydrasse. i'll make an effort to try to switch off of the skitt stuff for now, you can help by asking me about a specific read you're curious about

also, to people who aren't understanding the meta stuff, if you want me to try to summarize something, or engage you about something else, i'd be happy to.
Excessively conciliatory.
I don't understand this.
Trying to soothe, not provoke her interlocutors. Having said that I need to be mindful of the context that
this is Infinity

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 487, DrippingGoofball wrote:Infinity, have you had a disproportionate number of scum on your final wagons? Including scum that suspects you but may be voting elsewhere for cover?
hmm i haven't kept track, i tend to look at individual reasoning more than things like this.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

DGB and Galron’s current posting is making me feel like kyouko may have a point
<Embrace The Void>

rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:19 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 493, Gamma Emerald wrote:DGB and Galron’s current posting is making me feel like kyouko may have a point
Show

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: galron
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 490, Galron wrote:
In post 423, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 414, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 400, Infinity 324 wrote:how do you distinguish between a white knight and just me townreading you
@ssbm
White knighting is used to counterattack skitter here. Essentially the same words could be used to TR me in a different context, where I'm not being pushed by skitter, and that's the distinction. It's because it's tied into your push on skitter who was pushing me at the time. You were using a defense of me in your push on skitter, rather than just explaining a TR on me. It's the context of the words that distinguishes the wk from the tr

VOTE: infinity I want to do this or DGB right now in the interest of consolidating a bit
DGB? Seriously? I think the call on Cephrir is probably a good one, and I'm going to sheep it in a minute.
why are you so in arms over dgb :<
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Galron »

In post 453, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Galron I think should have a different view of me based on his stance around the communications from the callers. He said they're a distraction and town should not abide a distraction taking hold of the thread
What is my view of you? I'm not even sure I've got a read on you yet, but I do have a view. I'll tell you about it after you tell me what you think it is.

I believe the initial communications were a distraction, yes, put there for color. Whether the subsequent ones are relevant, no idea yet.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Galron
<Embrace The Void>

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Galron »

conspiracy theory

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”