Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2592, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 2589, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 2587, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 2585, Snarky Fishes wrote:It doesn't really feel like that's the plan here, I guess.
It's not. This was SUPPOSED to be a bridge building cohesion style of game. Now it's a slog fest.
I'm talking about the plan of scum writ large.
"Disrupt the town block before it can properly form"

It's working. And no, I don't know who it is because if I did, I'd be yelling for their blood.

Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 pm

In post 2598, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 2595, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2590, Medea the Alien wrote:@RHEA:
In post 993, Medea the Alien wrote:Locking us in as an early hardpush to mislim, or early night kill, would give scum a guaranteed lock in extremely early towards that alternate win condition. Based upon the conventional wisdom of "no victories in a mini theme until night 3/ day 4" we assume there are 8 shards in play right now, give or take. We are assuming that scum has a total of 4, in a 2/1/1 split, but that's pure conjecture worst case scenario on our parts. Having two additional demon-degrees of safety completely turns this on its head though. Probably more singleton shards in circulation to let people power up, and since we only need to leave five undemonified players around, there's more room to power up town players if we can.

Depending on how today's elimination goes would dictate scum strategy, but regardless IF there is a desharding role in play, we would request it be used on us tonight. As we said, we don't see a world where we aren't targeted by scum or well-meaning town at this point, which makes us functionally useless as a PR. Not sure if we have a power drawback because we started 'powered up' or what, but that's where we are.

Mostly this, but also:
In post 1045, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 1041, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I did like three times

I still don't get it
Scum HAD an alternate wincondition of 7 2-sharded players alive or dead, right?

If knowledge that we started 2-sharded was out, and town played to shard players... and scum shot us early, they could use their not-nightkill method to shard players OTHER than the sharded one that had crumbed or expressed interest in getting sharded from the town mechanic to likely get to 5 (assuming one 2-sharded scum demon in play, which is likely) by the start of day two. You don't see how that's absolutely fucking horrifying?
In post 1047, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 1045, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 1041, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I did like three times

I still don't get it
Scum HAD an alternate wincondition of 7 2-sharded players alive or dead, right?

If knowledge that we started 2-sharded was out, and town played to shard players... and scum shot us early, they could use their not-nightkill method to shard players OTHER than the sharded one that had crumbed or expressed interest in getting sharded from the town mechanic to likely get to 5 (assuming one 2-sharded scum demon in play, which is likely) by the start of day two. You don't see how that's absolutely fucking horrifying?
Oh right, we never mentioned that we feel due to Xenoblade II that scum likely have some sort of super conditional vig. Our working theory is a oneshot vig that only works on demons. The above math applies this asusmption.
In post 1049, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 1048, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why would scum shoot people at night if they are going for shard-win?
Alive OR dead key phrasing there my dude.

Killing us locks in a dead demon.

[?]
I BELIEVE you're asking something about why we want to be desharded?

I'd much rather the shard go somewhere or to somebody more useful.

The ideal scenario is that players die with one and exactly one shard in inventory, safely "removing" that shard from the math of the alternate win condition. It's not as important now with the extra breathing room, but it is the case that our elim puts a "1" on the demon-lockin score card.
[X]

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 2597, Snarky Fishes wrote:If scum are going after LHF town they're ignoring a very shiny possibility and I doubt they are. I feel like if you're town a scum team would want to see how far town would go toward eliming you on our own.
Yes, and there's AT LEAST one town player voting me at present.

I know it's unfair to the actual depths of the way this game is played and has gone, but the kneejerk in me is basically seeing my wagon as "punishment" for not doing yet another scum team hero solve spoon-feeding session. It has me quite jaded.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2540, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 2477, Snarky Fishes wrote:Anyway. Even without seeing that post, I was a lot less guarded with you last night. And that's kinda the way I want to progress, and I'll hold the snark if you will.
Spoiler: Less Guarded
I'm basically completely fucking lost, town reading Luke has done terrible things to my other reads, I'm grounding my wife form the game for at least a few days because she had a breakdown last night and I can't bear to see her get sucked into this meatgrinder.

I feel like we're gonna end up being the consensus elim here and that we'll flip and that 9 (well, 8) of you are going to have to pick up the pieces. And that if I was wrong about Luke, I could be wrong about nearly fucking anybody. Literally only you and notsci hydra are our rocks and if either or both of you are scum well fucking played you can have your tenet revenge. This entire game started off on the wrong foot and this feels like the game where I tunneled town pooky-alt until I got mislim'd for the GG.

I feel like terrible things are happening and I'm adrift, unable to stop them from happening or positively influence them. I imagine this is how unwnd felt in tenet before he replaced out, but I'm too stubborn and braindead to let myself do that.

So instead I'm here, taking stupid ass potshots where I feel I can make valuable data for those who will outlive me to sort through in hindsight.
In post 2549, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 2542, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 2540, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 2477, Snarky Fishes wrote:Anyway. Even without seeing that post, I was a lot less guarded with you last night. And that's kinda the way I want to progress, and I'll hold the snark if you will.
Spoiler: Less Guarded
I'm basically completely fucking lost, town reading Luke has done terrible things to my other reads, I'm grounding my wife form the game for at least a few days because she had a breakdown last night and I can't bear to see her get sucked into this meatgrinder.

I feel like we're gonna end up being the consensus elim here and that we'll flip and that 9 (well, 8) of you are going to have to pick up the pieces. And that if I was wrong about Luke, I could be wrong about nearly fucking anybody. Literally only you and notsci hydra are our rocks and if either or both of you are scum well fucking played you can have your tenet revenge. This entire game started off on the wrong foot and this feels like the game where I tunneled town pooky-alt until I got mislim'd for the GG.

I feel like terrible things are happening and I'm adrift, unable to stop them from happening or positively influence them. I imagine this is how unwnd felt in tenet before he replaced out, but I'm too stubborn and braindead to let myself do that.

So instead I'm here, taking stupid ass potshots where I feel I can make valuable data for those who will outlive me to sort through in hindsight.
Spoiler:
How is your Luke read affecting your other reads? ATM seeing him as town hasn't really impacted my other reads. read changes/strength changes to the extent they're happening aren't based on how I read him with one exception (below). I think I've been less town on Titus than you have though.

unwnd's stances around manatee and Luke have me a little spooked, having come around to town-Luke. But that's about unwnd's stances,
Spoiler: More
Luke being town means I'm out of room in the town bin. This isn't some secret "lol just a SK and 12 townies" game so there HAVE to be three scum, but damned if I can have any strong feelings on who it is. You may hate that I make the comparison, but I feel beat down like you and I were in Illict. Remember at one point when we discussed the possibility that we'd be early-elim'd and how much it would suck, but more importantly, how much it made us distrust those voting us? I've got 4 votes on me. They literally can't all be scum.

Maybe I'm giving somebody a pass that I shouldn't be. The "getting a pass and not body of work" list of my assorted reads is occupied by {Dunn, Unwnd, Rhea, Pooks} but like, I don't know what the fuck to do about the Rhea read any more. She apparently has seen my scum game directly, not that I ever recall playing with her specifically whatsoever, and thinks that this is it. I have no idea how to weigh that.

My townread on unwnd was due to pre-reveal contents, paired with "grumpy old man yells at the whale" credit. Do I like, drop that? I don't know. He seems to be wanting to "nail the big one" but then his actual votes are as a follower not a leader. There's a catharsis post-rant sitting in our drafts that will likely never leave it where penguin goes the fuck off about his behavior.

Pooky was trolled/bantered into giving game contents but once again, I'm not sure that his body of work is all that town outright. But I keep seeing flashes that make me nod along and go like "Yeah, that's probably town pooks"

Dunn is a more "traditional" read, whatever that means to you. We both liked his contents and in general, his tendency to be the more reserves one with great insights has been present once or twice this game.
This change of course on Luke feels good to me.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Okay, then I'm not really sure what you ARE asking. Try from a different angle?
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

She’s asking if there’s some way to purify you I think?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

As in Demon -> Human
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by unwnd »

I don't understand why I've frustrated either you or ffery. Am I not allowed to suspect you? Give you a bit of shit in the process. If me being taut in some areas is causing you frustration then it's not my intent. I can be more delicate and less forceful. I've been playing as an instigator because that was what I told myself I wanted to do. The results so far are..mixed.

That being said, if you want me to lead I'll do it.
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:06 pm

In post 2580, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1202, Dunnstral wrote:Annie Edison, Snarky Fishes, Sleez
Lady Lambdadelta, Medea, Pooky
Here There Be Dragons, Lukewarm, Spiffeh
Titus, AA9
ManateeGal
Annie Edison, Snarky Fishes, Lady Lambdadelta
Unwnd, Medea, Lukewarm
Pooky, Spiffeh, Titus
Here There Be Dragons, AA9
ManateeGal
In post 2599, Dunnstral wrote:Rhea, what do you think of ? I get that you think it's one of Medea/Pooky, what about the rest?
In post 1928, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:HEAL: LLD, Snarky, Unwnd, Dunn, Luke, Annie, AA9
HURT: Pooky, Spffeh
Vote:Dragons
Vote: Manatee
Vote: Medea

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Our role changes if we become human, yes. I am ASSUMING that town has some sort of shard mover or shard RE-mover in play to interact with the alternate wincon, generally speaking bork gives all factions agency around his mechanics.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2605, Annie Edison wrote:She’s asking if there’s some way to purify you I think?
Though asking Medea seems to be an error

If there is a way to do that, say by removing shards, it's going to be somebody else's role that can do so, and we may find out over night.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:07 pm

In post 2609, Medea the Alien wrote:Our role changes if we become human, yes.
I am ASSUMING
that town has some sort of shard mover or shard RE-mover in play to interact with the alternate wincon, generally speaking bork gives all factions agency around his mechanics.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Yes, it's an assumption. I have no specific knowledge that such a role is around.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:16 pm

Same goes for the "bonus kill" speculative.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

2607, Medea

You can hold off on the wall I gave you

Did you claim stump? If true then you don't need to respond at all
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2612, Medea the Alien wrote:Yes, it's an assumption. I have no specific knowledge that such a role is around.
Well you have a human form even though you started as demon
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:20 pm

In post 2614, unwnd wrote:Did you claim stump?
Not groking.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

Do you want me to lead on a wagon?
Stop
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unwnd if you know who the baddies are you should lead instead of trolling the shit out of us
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

Actually I'll just go ahead and do it

VOTE: Pooky

Kill the bear

As lovable as he is I don't think he's town this game, I don't have a detailed case format for why, I just don't think he's been townie and I'm pinged by certain instances
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2618, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:unwnd if you know who the baddies are you should lead instead of trolling the shit out of us
I think it's you :(
Stop
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:23 pm

Well I had a joke that is less relevant after that p-edit but posting it here anwyays:

Spoiler: Jade-ism
No no, you see, he needs me to say "yes" so he can then proceed to wagon me and chuckle about monkey's paw references.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

bro you ain't captain ahab and i ain't a whale
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

@2617- I don’t think that was the point so much as we’re all kinda floating with no clue what’s going on and there’s not a centralized direction we’re all moving and no one knows which way to move

Ninja
Mmmm I could vote there.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2622, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:bro you ain't captain ahab and i ain't a whale
It makes the most sense to me and even your
own
trolling isn't doing it for me
Stop

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”