goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by goats »

In post 131, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 110, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 98, goats wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

This is outed actually. He was angry at bugspray being a baboon, implying anger at bugspray's stupidity or lack of reading comprehension. But then he votes bugspray on the basis that they were mafia and intentionally trying to make them look bad. Which makes them scum, not someone who lacks reading comprehension. I think Gamma is mafia who got tilted at being suspected for the wrong reasons by a townie who didn't read their post properly. Which is why he initially calls them a baboon and then switches to a fake reason to attack them after.
And this feels massively over explanatory for page 4/5...
I don't like this, feels like you're embellishing calling it "massively" over explanatory
This is a huge reach.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by goats »

In post 137, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay I got three pages in

GuiltyLion
Gamma Emerald
Not_Mafia
Flea the Magician
Infinity 324
MURDERCAT
Dwlee99

goats
bugspray
implosion
Klick
Datisi
PookyTheMagicalBear

My top is who I feel good about. They are town I think. Bottom people are the PoE, maybe if I ordered them in vibe of null to scummy it'd be like??

goats
PookyTheMagicalBear
Datisi
Klick
bugspray
implosion
why's murdercat in the top?
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by goats »

In post 139, Dwlee99 wrote:People voting me (infinity and guilty) are probably town for kicking my butt into action.

I also just liked their posting before that too

NM made a good start calling reads and stuff. I don't know how to read him but also he just seems uninformed.

I liked Gamma's entrance, it was good.

Flea also had a good entrance.

Last time Murdercat was evil I caught him very quick which is a pseudo-meta tell and also my scumdar is broken BUT I think he is town here because I don't think he is evil.
So you are townreading Murdercat because he isn't obvious scum out the gate?

And you thought Gamma's entrance was good?

Nice, I knew my initial read about you was right.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by goats »

VOTE: Dwlee99

I wish I had two votes to give but I only have one.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by goats »

In post 147, implosion wrote:
In post 95, goats wrote:
In post 75, implosion wrote:VOTE: Datisi

Don't like his slate of posting so far. , , and all feel like "yes, i am here and doing things in this game, and thinking about things, how are you fellow townies". Especially the latter two. I also feel like the statement "my rvs vote is no longer rvs"
has
to be >rand scum. It just has to be. I don't really see how from me being a "vaguely pointless question" makes it a scummy post. I can certainly understand seeing that post as scummy but I don't like the way Datisi's described it.

I want to call N_M's play so far townie and am not sure what Gamma is talking about with MURDERCAT about it.
Explain what's wrong with the first four posts you quoted.
I... did? It's not like it's incredibly complicated or robust or anything. (And I'm not really interested in convincing anyone anymore so)
I meant why those four posts were the way you said they were.

But since you don't feel like convincing me I'll just stay unconvinced.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yes, yes, nope
I prefer they, thanks :)
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by goats »

In post 174, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:did I troll implo into towntelling?

fuck im awesome

UNVOTE: implosion

carry on good citizens and hunt down evil-doers.

I heard murdercat is hiding in the forest somewhere being a baddie bad so maybe we yeet him instead.
Super townie.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by goats »

How do you feel about Dwlee Pooky?
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by goats »

In post 194, Flea The Magician wrote:So as ever, I can't resist a bit of mech talk, even in an open.

Setup seems designed with maf only having night talk, but our setup has maf daytalk. Also given the stats on the wiki show that this game has a 73% scumwin rate, how're people feeling about this?
Funny because stats show that when goats is in the game town has a 95% win rate.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Goats why don't you like Gamma's entrance?
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by goats »

Yeah I'm basically always voting Dwlee here especially after the talk about implosion's AtE.

Pooky, NM, Klick, and Infinity can be trusted. Maybe Flea.

I think GL's vote on Dwlee can easily be partnered. I would call GL my second top scumread right now.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by goats »

In post 209, Dwlee99 wrote:Goats why don't you like Gamma's entrance?
Starts off with a dumb busywork exercise that tries to show off how town he is. Then fluffs a bit. Then spends a few posts discrediting townreads on NM who I think is town.

Enough people have said that all this is in Gamma's townrange for me to accept that their play this game and the baboon thing are NAI. But it's a real stretch to call it actively townie unless you have TMI.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

sticking out with an exercise when you're not sure how it will be received is a very ?? way to try to look town, and it's not how gamma plays or would play scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by goats »

I've said my piece. Your turn to tell me why Gamma's entrance was so alluring Dwlee.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by goats »

And infinity this isn't about Gamma himself right now, I'm more interested in Dwlee's response to Gamma.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Gamma wants to actually do something with his opening and use it to solve. It wasn't just the entrance specifically but also how he built off of it and showed how he wanted to use it to solve in a genuine way
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@pooky re:your reply to my 131 - I haven't played with Flea before, can you link me to some past games you played or read with them? I still don't like that post and fae haven't given many reads to work with

I definitely feel the townvibes from that implo rage I don't think I've ever seen a game where he emoted like that as scum
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 200, goats wrote:

This is outed actually. He was angry at bugspray being a baboon, implying anger at bugspray's stupidity or lack of reading comprehension. But then he votes bugspray on the basis that they were mafia and intentionally trying to make them look bad. Which makes them scum, not someone who lacks reading comprehension. I think Gamma is mafia who got tilted at being suspected for the wrong reasons by a townie who didn't read their post properly. Which is why he initially calls them a baboon and then switches to a fake reason to attack them after.
I don't like this, feels like you're embellishing calling it "massively" over explanatory
This is a huge reach.

:neutral: How is it a "reach" to say your post wasn't over explanatory, especially not "massively" so?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by goats »

In post 217, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 200, goats wrote:

This is a huge reach.

:neutral: How is it a "reach" to say your post wasn't over explanatory, especially not "massively" so?
Because it was. :dead:
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by goats »

In post 215, Dwlee99 wrote:Gamma wants to actually do something with his opening and use it to solve. It wasn't just the entrance specifically but also how he built off of it and showed how he wanted to use it to solve in a genuine way
What solving did Gamma do with his opening exercise? I didn't see him make many reads off it, he moved on really quick.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 210, goats wrote:Pooky, NM, Klick, and Infinity can be trusted. Maybe Flea.

I think GL's vote on Dwlee can easily be partnered. I would call GL my second top scumread right now.
Why Klick and why Flea?

and especially how would my vote on Dwlee make sense as a partner vote when this is explicitly a setup that punishes bussing more than usual? Like if I were scum the last thing I would be doing right now is voting a partner when I could probably come up with an excuse to vote almost anyone
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think I know what dwlee means but I'll let him say it first
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

thinking about it more I'm having a hard time seeing how us being partners is a genuine read or thought

VOTE: goats
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by goats »

In post 220, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 210, goats wrote:Pooky, NM, Klick, and Infinity can be trusted. Maybe Flea.

Why Klick and why Flea?

and especially how would my vote on Dwlee make sense as a partner vote when this is explicitly a setup that punishes bussing more than usual? Like if I were scum the last thing I would be doing right now is voting a partner when I could probably come up with an excuse to vote almost anyone
I like Klick's 91. Flea is a lighter read but I liked the two reaction tests fae made (110 and 194). A little bit of gutread in there too tbh.

I don't care that the setup punishes bussing you made the vote very early on and in a context that allowed you to switch off him without incurring any suspicion whatsoever. You never outed a really strong scumread of him it was more like a "oh I can't find any other palatable options, guess I'll kick dwlee's ass in gear". All he has to do is show up and post and you have an excuse to shift the vote off him.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by goats »

In post 222, GuiltyLion wrote:thinking about it more I'm having a hard time seeing how us being partners is a genuine read or thought

VOTE: goats
oh look you shifted off dwlee.

It's almost like your initial vote on Dwlee could be easily moved anytime it was convenient for you, and to someone who's hard pushing him no less.

Return to “Completed Open Games”