Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Shrek »

In post 1774, Nero Cain wrote:Mega, I haven't flipped town yet. Y did you stop scumreading me?
because he got sussed for it when he disappeared
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1772, MegAzumarill wrote:They reacted with a very similar frustration to my own with Nero's shenanigans. I'd put them at a townlean right now. But Kitty didn't give any of their own reasons of their own for their reads on T3 OR Gamma.

I didn't really understand the push on Gamma yesterday though, so that may skew things.
Gamma yesterday for inflating their post count, which was met with "BRUH" which Cheeky subsequently thought we were SvS for or something like that.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Frustration is null but gamma has very much been frustrated as scum b4
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Chalk it up to TSTBS for now, plus the scumteams I would partner you with look a whole lot townier on reread.

I'll pull up some quotes for my tl on Gamma in a sec.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wait you thought I was scum for inflating my post count?
If I wanted to post more as scum I think I’d try to make it something more substantial than the random questions you seemed to take issue with.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Roden »

Late arrival, but uh why isn't Cheeky dead? She claimed Mason.

Gonna do some catch up responses in a bit. Atm I'm between wanting StD or Dwlee gone. StD TMI'd T3 as town, and Dwlee made a few opportunistic wagon hops and is acting way more assertive than their usual town self.

And no Dwlee this isn't meta, it's a vibe check, so you can't get mad.
Nero Cain wrote:Y is scum reading gamma such a no no for everyone?
I have no problem with it, they'd be my third choice for today's elim. I think people are just afraid of getting scum read for it since there already seems to be a narrative that Gamma is mis-elim bait.

Testa/Cyrus slot is my fourth choice but may sky rocket to 1st if they're actually scum, since Cyrus tends to spew his alignment with just a minor amount of pressure.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:10 pm

In post 1779, Gamma Emerald wrote:the random questions you seemed to take issue with.
Yes, where did those questions lead you exactly?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not much of anywhere but that’s because a lot of them were at you or DGB, who I was basically just trying to parse out the less agreeable things I saw because I felt like you two were town and didn’t want to tilt out of those reads for one thing that pinged me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Cheeky isn't dead bc her reads are bad. Not impossible she's scum but the former seems p likely to me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Or the flip side could be possible

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1600, Gamma Emerald wrote:Subject: Large Normal 235: Large Normal With No Multiball [Night 1]
Nero Cain wrote:Also I'm not shading you 2. I legit think you are sus for town reading him. I have experience of std misreading scum so I'm not all that concerned especially when he's been sitting on scum all day. He's stubborn.
First off you’re full of shit because I know you’ve seen me defend scum before via sheer length of experience but somehow StD gets an allowance for that while I don’t. Second,
suck a fat wad of shit
because my TR ended up correct!
This kind of directionless frustration feels like its unlikely to come from scum. I feel like scum would try to put Nero's poor reasoning to some use of them, but this doesn't feel like its pushing an agenda. I also find it unlikely that scum with the whole nightphase would enter the day with this kind of bold statement without trying to push something.

Also reading through their posts they seem to have a good number of relevant posts and their read progression seems natural to me. Ex. Their TR on DGB was pretty closely after DGB started massively improving their posts' quality (circa post 500)
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm too scummy to be scum. What a clown

Oh....

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1676, Shrek wrote: right now, me/cheeky/lq/nero/possibly roden is the townbloc that i feel most comfortable with. i also wouldnt be opposed to dotw joining that because hes been relatively proactive in trying to find out who the scum are
What made you change your read on me? I feel like we backed off of each other without much fanfare. On my end it's mainly because I made a bit of a fool out of myself that one night and realized your stance was more reasonable than I gave it credit for.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

It feels off to me that std is being scumread for town reading t3 but gamma and a50 get a pass?

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1783, Nero Cain wrote:Cheeky isn't dead bc her reads are bad. Not impossible she's scum but the former seems p likely to me.
Why did you laugh when I said it?
<3 xx
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

A50 can maybe die. Gamma is not the lim today.
<3 xx
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1788, Nero Cain wrote:It feels off to me that std is being scumread for town reading t3 but gamma and a50 get a pass?
Do you not realize how much of a basket case you’re being with this? I called you out for the inverse and you got defensive.
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1790, CheekyTeeky wrote:A50 can maybe die. Gamma is not the lim today.
It was funny that you were contemplating your reads being bad and then suggesting that your gamma read was the end all be all

It's also possible that you don't have "bad" reads but just an overinflated ego

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:47 pm

In post 1788, Nero Cain wrote:It feels off to me that std is being scumread for town reading t3 but gamma and a50 get a pass?
Quoting for relevance.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1792, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1790, CheekyTeeky wrote:A50 can maybe die. Gamma is not the lim today.
It was funny that you were contemplating your reads being bad and then suggesting that your gamma read was the end all be all

It's also possible that you don't have "bad" reads but just an overinflated ego
What? Lol
<3 xx
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1780, Roden wrote:Dwlee made a few opportunistic wagon hops and is acting way more assertive than their usual town self.

And no Dwlee this isn't meta, it's a vibe check, so you can't get mad.
That's literally meta
I prefer they, thanks :)
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Shrek »

In post 1787, Roden wrote:
In post 1676, Shrek wrote: right now, me/cheeky/lq/nero/possibly roden is the townbloc that i feel most comfortable with. i also wouldnt be opposed to dotw joining that because hes been relatively proactive in trying to find out who the scum are
What made you change your read on me? I feel like we backed off of each other without much fanfare. On my end it's mainly because I made a bit of a fool out of myself that one night and realized your stance was more reasonable than I gave it credit for.
my trs are townreading you and im null on you since i think your content has improved, so im ok with putting you in the townbloc if other people want
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

My playstyle varies. Also "opportunistic wagon hopping" is just not true. Yesterday I RVS voted, was the first one on T3, was on Gamma for a bit, then got back into T3.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1793, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Quoting for relevance.
I am letting Nero be with this nonsense because I know it's no use arguing with him. You though I don't think the same applies.

I want you to stop for a minute and ask yourself this: Would Scum!You have gladiated Gamma the way T3 did? Even regardless of Gamma's alignment, I don't think any sane player would have done it
in that manner
as Scum.

I think Gamma TR'd T3 when the latter started backing off of him when Gamma's wagon looked inevitable, and -again- I ask you: Would Scum!You have acted the way T3 did? I mean, you pushed someone to the verge on an elimination, and then you say "my case was weak"?? There are only two possible outcomes for this IMHO: Either the Gamma wagon would have went through anyway, or -what actually happened- T3 dies instead. If Gamma was the lim; he would have flipped either red or green. Upon a red flip T3 would have been called a partner who tried to distance and it went badly so he tried saving his partner. There's no way T3 wouldn't have been the lim today. If Gamma flipped green; T3 would still have been today's lim under the assumption he was trying to wash his hands off Gamma's blood.

So, you see.. no matter how you sliced it, it was suicidal play by T3 which never ever comes from scum (unless you think T3 a moron, which I don't think is the case).

Plain and simple, T3 was "hard towning" so to speak, and then was "Town flailing" to the point he was literally oozing Town. He had a sign pinned to his forehead that reads "I am Town you boobs". Too bad I wasn't here when the day ended (I had logged on shortly before the thread was locked and couldn't even read a full page before it happened)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

The way it's been going I can't get one confident SR because everyone seems to be fixated on pushing someone in particular regardless of what the pushed player says or does, and that's going to make it hard for me to sheep anyone because I don't trust anyone's reads.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”