Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 835, T3 wrote:Bimgle seems like the perfect metadive candidate *rubs hands*
I'll save you a bit of time if you want:

Effort is very slightly scum indicative, although I do have both low effort scumgames and high effort towngames. I haven't had a high effort scumgame in a while afaicr, but they are the norm over the whole of my mafia career.

I absolutely adore being run up early as both alignments, as weak cases against scum me that get torn apart give me room to play with and early wagons on town me give me an analysis point to jump off of. I don't rely on making endgame as either alignment, because I can't consistently find the WIM to tear apart cases against me. As a result, I vastly prefer to set up my partners to endgame as scum and to make the game itself easier to solve as town.

Mastina is wrong about me being lazy D1. I am in fact more likely to be active D1 as either alignment because I'm less likely to have become bored with the setup. What I believe she's misunderstanding is that it's not ever really my goal to catch scum on D1. I'm always trying instead to put as many people as possible in the hotseat where they have to take positions that they can then be read on the basis of later. D1 is all about poking people to make associations fall out so that I or others can then look into the interplay. Catching scum is gravy.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 838, T3 wrote:Scum!Bingle in DQ2
Bad scumgame to compare to, btw.

I expected to be limmed D1 or 2 in that game and it was all about setting Vanderscamp up to win.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 846, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 831, Bingle wrote:Dwlee specifically has been giving me flashbacks to Draft, where he was scum defending me from Titus in lieu of defending himself, and I want to know if you see the same thing.
This is not a comparable scenario at all and stop doing meta
Is there any particular reason you're answering for mastina?

Also, please look at mech wall and tell me if you agree that we should no pain tonight and pain in a small pool tomorrow.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 852, Bingle wrote:
In post 846, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 831, Bingle wrote:Dwlee specifically has been giving me flashbacks to Draft, where he was scum defending me from Titus in lieu of defending himself, and I want to know if you see the same thing.
This is not a comparable scenario at all and stop doing meta
Is there any particular reason you're answering for mastina?

Also, please look at mech wall and tell me if you agree that we should no pain tonight and pain in a small pool tomorrow.
Because you mentioned me. That's why I responded. I'm sure Mastina will reply in a way that isn't spoiled by what I said.

I disagree with no paining, I think to make the use of our pseudo vigilante shots we need to use them early before people town die and we have less potions.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 839, RCEnigma wrote:I don't have much experience with scum!bingle outside of bastard games.
Eh. The type of scumgame mastina is comparing this to is one that I think you might be the only other person itt who has seen from me. Mastina is arguing that this is Fogport Bingle.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 853, Dwlee99 wrote:I disagree with no paining, I think to make the use of our pseudo vigilante shots we need to use them early before people town die and we have less potions.
Yeah... Why?

You know, because I gave an actual argument for why to pain on later nights instead of earlier nights? And because paining actively takes away the utility of the most powerful town role?

Support your position.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

If you're harmographying someone that town will shoot you're using your potion wrong.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Fyi didn't read your big wall but I will BUT (X2) I will probably still disagree
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 856, Dwlee99 wrote:If you're harmographying someone that town will shoot you're using your potion wrong.
If you don't have a justification for who you're paining you're a shit scum player.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 730, RCEnigma wrote:SS is my best fos
For the record my hero-solve is {Bingle, Fairy Circle, The Limit Does Not Exist}.

I demand worship if that's the exact scumteam;
I demand respect if 2/3 are scum;
I still expect credit if at least 1/3 is scum.

:P
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by T3 »

Bingle played very similarly in Bus Service, nothing new there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 751, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:We've seen all configurations except town-T3/scum-S_S.
Until this game it would seem. :P
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by T3 »

Same goes for redneck.
So this isn't scum or town Bingle from what I've seen.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 858, Bingle wrote:
In post 856, Dwlee99 wrote:If you're harmographying someone that town will shoot you're using your potion wrong.
If you don't have a justification for who you're paining you're a shit scum player.
So scum kill in our PoE? Cool I'm fine with that
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by T3 »

Pretty sure mastina being this sure of herself is +town. In ODM she was active, had a herosolve and was set in her way meanwhile in Yakra she did basically nothing and was PoE'd.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by T3 »

GCB seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, still town though.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 825, T3 wrote:The part where Momrangal asks mastina what reads she has give me bad vibes but nothing to vote over.
Yup, since:
In post 320, mastina wrote:Green Cap Boys

The Emperor
ta vera

NorwegianboyEE

{The Limit Does Not Exist, Dwlee99, Titus}

cass.bruant

Fairy Circle (hydra of Momrangal and Flea the Magician)

Bingle

Rough readslist. I realize it's not great but is all I've got.
This was within the first 20 pages.
So, too, was me saying I was having difficulty getting reads, for that matter.

Now, admittedly, said readslist is a bit obsolete, my plan was to update it once caught up (which I'm obviously close to), butstill, I had in fact given reads by the point in time asked about. Just like Norwee was guilty of asking this of me last game when he was scum, Momrangal is guilty of asking this of me this game, too, and unsurprisingly, I think it comes from the same alignment in both cases.

I gotta leave now for a different engagement sadly in spite of being close to caught up, will finish it later but for now:
Green Cap Boys

The Emperor
NorwegianboyEE
(there's very little separating these two tiers btw)
ta vera/RCEnigma
Titus
cass.bruant/T3

Dwlee99

The Limit Does Not Exist

Fairy Circle

Bingle

(will finish when I get back)
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by T3 »

Nothing new from M980 Bingle except for slightly more effort.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 866, mastina wrote:
In post 825, T3 wrote:The part where Momrangal asks mastina what reads she has give me bad vibes but nothing to vote over.
Yup, since:
In post 320, mastina wrote:Green Cap Boys

The Emperor
ta vera

NorwegianboyEE

{The Limit Does Not Exist, Dwlee99, Titus}

cass.bruant

Fairy Circle (hydra of Momrangal and Flea the Magician)

Bingle

Rough readslist. I realize it's not great but is all I've got.
This was within the first 20 pages.
So, too, was me saying I was having difficulty getting reads, for that matter.

Now, admittedly, said readslist is a bit obsolete, my plan was to update it once caught up (which I'm obviously close to), butstill, I had in fact given reads by the point in time asked about. Just like Norwee was guilty of asking this of me last game when he was scum, Momrangal is guilty of asking this of me this game, too, and unsurprisingly, I think it comes from the same alignment in both cases.

I gotta leave now for a different engagement sadly in spite of being close to caught up, will finish it later but for now:
Green Cap Boys

The Emperor
NorwegianboyEE
(there's very little separating these two tiers btw)
ta vera/RCEnigma
Titus
cass.bruant/T3

Dwlee99

The Limit Does Not Exist

Fairy Circle

Bingle

(will finish when I get back)
Why is Titus high?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
votey 1.0.30.01.0 !

Titus (2):
Dwlee99, T3
The Limit Does Not Exist (1):
Green Cap Boys
RCEnigma (1):
Bingle
Bingle (1):
mastina
The Emperor (1):
RCEnigma
Dwlee99 (1):
Titus
T3 (1):
The Emperor

not voting (3):
The Limit Does Not Exist, Fairy Circle, NorwegianboyEE

with 11 alive, it takes 6 to cause someone to Wet. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-08-17 12:30:00)

modorator notes
  • Please
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 829, mastina wrote:
In post 530, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:like if bingle is actually scum because he has ingredients and not potions, and that's not listed in the pm's, don't you think he, as someone who is famous for mech solving, would have noticed that none of the role pm's in the original game or this game were just ingredients? so either he's telling the truth or he's making shit up that he knows people will call him out on because ??? and if he's telling the truth, what are the odds that he wouldn't know that that was a scumclaim?
The scumclaim was more in insinuating there was a mechanic present that isn't actually present; claiming an ingredient as if we could use an ingredient to craft a potion when there is no such mechanic. Beyond that mishap, there's how I genuinely don't believe that a potionless individual as town would have an ingredient in their role pm. Heck, even in Bingle's attempt to clear himself of the scumclaim:
In post 705, schadd_ wrote:
In post 683, Bingle wrote:
@mod: would it be possible for you to generate a potionless sample town pm and a sample town pm with two pain potions and a potion of harmography? If possible, could you generate the same sample pms for scum, redacting non public information as necessary?
sample potionless town PM:
Spoiler:
welcome to mystery box of silver 13! you are a
townie
, however you do not have any potions. to simulate part of the potion drinking experience, we have provided you with a
dangerous crate
full of
cracked and broken potion bottles
. however you are not permitted to do anything with this crate because it is
stolen
from the
Schweppes Broken Potion Bottle Factory
who have a
warrant

you win when all threats to the town are eliminated. please confirm by telling me your alignment & promising not to tell Schweppes about the stolen bottles
Do you see potion ingredients in this potionless PM?

I don't.

What I think happened is that there was a mention of ingredients outside of Bingle's available potions as scum--either as part of his genuine role PM or in a fakeclaim. And that Bingle thought that the mention of ingredients there was a mechanic in town PMs when it isn't. A perspective slip born from a scum role PM, and one that is exactly the mistake a mechanical scum player can make.

Just because a player is a mechanical player does not make them omniscient when it comes to mechanics. They can take precautions, but they can make mistakes from faulty assumptions, poor mod clarification, etc. There's numerous ways for a mechanical player to make genuine mechanical mistakes where their mechanical prowess rather than serving as an asset actually backfires. And I believe that Bingle's ingredients with no potions claim is precisely that.

However, even beyond the scumslip: I'm like 80% sure that this is Bingle's scumplay anyway. No scumslip necessary, just off of his dayplay.

Why?

Because I have a fairly good idea of how Bingle plays as town on D1 specifically, and this is very much not how Bingle plays D1 as town. In fact the very things people are townreading him for are the things that make him be scum, here. (Think an old mastina flowchart tell of sorts. If Bingle looks strongly town on D1, it's because he's scum.)

Obviously I can elaborate on this if needed but suffice to say I'm never not voting Bingle. (I mayyyyyyyyyy compromise on a different scumread if needed but I really don't want Bingle to get away here.)
making a mistake about mechanics isn't a scumclaim. in fact, I'd argue that it's the opposite of a scumclaim, because scum!bingle would have seen the sample role PM and realized already that the "poison" he's talking about was just flavor, since he would have had access to both the sample role Pm without potions and the one with potions. ingredients outside of potions
are not a mechanic in the game,
and they wouldn't have shown up in a scum role pm or a fakeclaim pm because they CAN'T by the nature of the setup. (lol also there is no fakeclaim role pm other than the sample pm's that schadd just showed us, this is an open setup that is entirely "randomly" generated.)

- lilith
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:39 pm

In post 836, mastina wrote:
In post 547, Green Cap Boys wrote:Bingle is also aware that as a semi-nightless setup, losing a scum member, even a functionally powerless one, is a fairly significant blow and he'd have tried harder to avoid the yeet. Although you could argue that his posting was him trying to avoid the yeet.
I am in fact arguing precisely that, actually.

Well, close enough to that.

Bingle has never been this town as town on D1. He is, very deliberately, very specifically, putting in more effort than normal.

His mechsolving is nai, sure. But I'm not bothered by the mechsolve work he put in. He'd put in that mechsolve work regardless of his alignment.

What I more mean is the likes of this:
In post 159, Bingle wrote:All of these lines of interaction seem to me like they're aimed at going no where. You've got the noncommital question about a 'townslip' that has already been called out (It wasn't a townslip, btw, it was a question scumNorwee could also have had), a "That's NAI.", generic comments about nothing (meta can be good), and a nothingburger response to Norwee's meta. Also, the mechstuff, even if prompted.

It feels more like she wants to be seen as doing something more than actually wanting to do something.
This is a level of hard push that is rare from Bingle as town--not impossible, but rare. The reason why? He said it himself:
In post 413, Bingle wrote:OTOH, I'm in a lobby that has 0 names I'm amazing at reading.
Bingle doesn't have an amazing ability at reading names in this lobby, so the strong push on ta vera is out of place.
In post 421, Bingle wrote:As far as towncasing, I've spoken a little about Emp, but I suppose I could go into detail.

DR Green has been waffling, but not in a way that makes it seem like they're willing to take any side in an argument. They have consistently had the most salient opinions on IGA fmpov and the things they've poked at all seem to be going somewhere (contrast ta vera). for example looked like Dats was actually trying to find motivation. is an admittedly weak push, but when asked about it Dats didn't back down and elaborated on his thoughts. There was a train of logic behind the push AND the followthrough to actually try to get discussion going from it. And then he went and turned the confrontation into a chance at reading me, not an accusation but an honest attempt at reaching out.

was also fairly town in that it's something I don't think scum thinks to fake. If scum is going to put the effort into pushing lurkers, I'd expect it to be on a lurker that actually exists in the game. "But Bingle," you say, "The fact that Dats thought Dunn WAS in the game makes that NAI!" Sure. But scum also doesn't make that post having realized he isn't. Scum either drops the Dunnstral case anyway and we all point and laugh and say "Silly Datisi, there's no Dunn in this game, you must be town." or scum just leaves the whole thing alone and doesn't post it at all. The former would be better for optics and the latter would be better for effort. Instead, Datisi is being naturally open with his approach to the thread, meaning he doesn't have the intention of hiding things.

Teal Dear:

GCB has consistently shown a town approach to the game.
This is a second read that Bingle has gone out of his way to give--on D1. The read on ta vera was already a stretch and this stretches it even further. Bingle is usually far more, for lack of better terminology, reserved when it comes to reads. He doesn't usually go in this much depth. Once was already unusual. Twice even more so.
In post 428, Bingle wrote:The main things I like from Emp, along with his back and forth with ta vera which went over several posts and mostly boiled down to prompting her for actual content while she was catching up. I disagree that 8 was town indicative (Norwee is smart enough to ask non incriminating setup clarification questions publicly as scum) but the thought process that it would be town indicative isn't an unreasonable one. Further, the thought process of "I think thing X is town, Person Y thinks thing X is town, and I don't see a reason for Person Y to point out that thing X is town" is altogether far more towny than the generic "I think thing X is town and Person Y thinks thing X is town". It shows a level of paranoia as to GCB's motivations that I think is unlikely to be faked by scum as a throwaway read in the early days.

The wrongmeta application to me similarly makes sense. DNC 2 was one of my only real recent scumgames (the only other one that pops into mind is the game about Russia and nukes where I repped into a literally solved gamestate and cried a little that I didn't get to play scum with Ali for longer) and he's 100% right that my entrance there was very different to my entrance here. Comparatively I have quite a few recent towngames that are more in line with this game. He didn't take into account that DNC 2 I mostly avoided mechspeak because the majority of the game had just had the mech speak conversation and thus didn't need it again, as I pointed out by telling him to look at the contemporary game of lovers and losers 2 where I didn't engage in mechspeak because we accidentally broke the game and had to reroll based on leveraging mod info to locktown a player. (Which, to be fair, was 50% my fault and 50% llamafluff's fault.) In both cases I didn't mechspeak because I already had.

Still though, his conclusions were supported by the given evidence, which he definitely went to go find, and he didn't appear to be blowing smoke up my ass (which would be unlikely from someone who meta'd me as I'm LESS likely to townread people who townread me). The waffling on me seems like genuine cogdis where he's trying to reconcile two different opinions and can't quite line them up, which is very hard to fake well as scum.
But then he does it a third time.

I frankly do not believe that Bingle as town cares this much and puts this much effort in as town. Not from a player who in the past, as town, has repeatedly told me over multiple games something to the effect of "I am lazy on D1", so to speak. Bingle as town does not effort this much. He doesn't get these strong of reads, described this strongly. As town, Bingle is far more "reactive", but in this game Bingle is being proactive. You can see this in full effect by taking a look at his iso here. His cases in that game, such as they were, were pretty exclusively one-liners. The closest he got to cases not one-liners was him giving quotes (mostly in spoilers) to give context and elaborating on statements he had already previously made. Very very reactive.

The same holds true for this game, too--Bingle was fairly casual and reactive in nature, rather than proactive and serious.

And the same holds true for this game as well--Bingle was casual and reactive. His posts were short and usually one-liners with little in the way of casework done to look town.

Every time Bingle has been town has been similar. Fairly casual, lighthearted, and reactive. Giving reads and reasons but not bothering with a proper readslist with detailed lengthy explanations on players.

The fact that he's doing so in this game is, explicitly, because he is scum.
In post 841, mastina wrote:
In post 571, Green Cap Boys wrote: i genuinely do like the towncases on me / emperor
The towncases are good and genuine which is why you and Emperor are both probably town.

The towncases being good however does not make Bingle town. Quite the opposite in fact; that much effort to towncase town slots is something Bingle never does as town but there's a clear incentive to do as scum.

Neither you nor Emperor were likely to be eliminated. Both slots were fairly townread. Not universally, but townread enough that Bingle towncasing you is a zero-risk thing as scum. In fact from a risk-reward perspective, it ONLY makes sense as scum.

Why?

As town, why would Bingle need to towncase slots that weren't likely to be the elimination? The slots are already fairly townread so Bingle doesn't need to go out of his way to put the time and effort into towncasing them. He gains nothing from towncasing slots already widely townread, but he loses time which could be spent elsewhere.

Bingle's effort as town would be better spent on towncasing slots that ARE likely to be eliminated without him towncasing them.

As scum, why would Bingle towncase slots that weren't likely to be the elimination? Specifically BECAUSE they weren't likely to be the elimination. Bingle as scum towncasing them loses nothing. He's not shutting down potential mislims due to them being fairly townread because while there may be one or two slots suspicious of you/Emperor, there's not the needed six to back eliminations there. But what does he gain? Towncred for :effort: in towncasing slots that are town.
this is the first thing you've said about bingle that actually makes sense to me as a reason to scumread him.

- lilith
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:41 pm

In post 861, mastina wrote:
In post 751, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:We've seen all configurations except town-T3/scum-S_S.
Until this game it would seem. :P
yeah no.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:43 pm

I haven't read most (any) of the long posts. I won't have time to catch up fully until next week probably

- lilith
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I accidentally clicked onnT3’s wiki page and i’ve never been more happy for an misclick.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”