rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:52 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 1697, Tetrina wrote:I'm having the same conversation that you are!
i was not trying to say that 'drippinggoofball is town!' so you framing it as 'we'll see who's right' felt like a different conversation to me

if anything i think that kinda behaviour more likely to come from partners like the cases ame made against humaneatingmonkey/bugspray in micro blitz i and humaneatingmonkey/me in micro blitz ii
Show
il est dehors. il est dehors et brennan a pris les clés. veuillez nous aider. ils sont morts. ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts.

ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts. si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci,

il est dehors. veuillez nous aider. veuillez nous aider.
Tetrina
Tetrina
Goon
Tetrina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:55 am

Post by Tetrina »

Ok so we agree DrippingGoofball is or could be scum?
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:57 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 1701, Tetrina wrote:Ok so we agree DrippingGoofball is or could be scum?
drippinggoofball could be scum, yes, though does not currently seem the most likely to me
Show
il est dehors. il est dehors et brennan a pris les clés. veuillez nous aider. ils sont morts. ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts.

ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts. si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci,

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1666, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:man I kinda wish I was radio caller
Sounds like it's kinda impossible to win as.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:53 am

In post 1673, skitter30 wrote:Dislike the focus on the callers, i think they're a distraction and that it's easier for scum to talk abt them than the actual players in the game
So let me get this straight, I joined a game with weird mechanics and you think it's scummy that I'm trying to understand them?

I completely agree that they're a distraction, but if they have mechanical relevance, then it's important to know how they work. Besides like I haven't read much and the only thing anyone told me to read was the callers' messages.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 am

I'll look at Enchant's ISO I guess. ISO's are usually a terrible way to get reads in a game you haven't read, but better than nothing, and maybe I can click on the context of some post and get some reading in that way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:57 am

Oh wow that slot really do be having no content.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

it's not too late to elim skitter
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:05 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 1465, Infinity 324 wrote:ceph has posted so much but he hasn't town told
In post 1699, Tetrina wrote:Cephrir has said a lot but nothing he's said has made me think he's town and that seems unlikely statistically if he is town
Show

rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:17 am

Post by rousseau »

UNVOTE:
Show

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1680, Infinity 324 wrote:this is not how skitt sorts someone she has a lot of experience with

a lot of people put some amount of focus on the callers. skitt isn't pushing shiki who started this whole thing so it's pretty ?

is pooky scum for the same reason or do you actually have something there
I think its scummy for everyone honestly, yeah
Pooky i am also getting suspicious vibes from
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

how about

shiki
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:51 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1710, skitter30 wrote:I think its scummy for everyone honestly, yeah
Pooky i am also getting suspicious vibes from
are we talking

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:51 am

Can you respond to ?

Like yeah I can see that if someone consistently focuses on the callers and avoids the players that can be scummy. But I was specifically directed to look at them, and they're a special mechanic of the game, so why wouldn't I try to understand them?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1681, rousseau wrote:both enchant and something smart focused on the callers upon replacing in because i asked them to,

also they both replace in, say not going to read whole game, and we know that if mafia one of the things they know about the game is which caller is the mafia caller, so i really do not understand how that's like, a bad thing for them to talk about? even if you think the callers are a distraction (though something smart did not really talk about, like, the alignments of the callers or anything that would be helpful towards knowing if informed, so, hm)

also also i kinda feel like there is a narrative to you/drippinggoofball saying this because i am partially focused on the callers and we previously discussed and i really do not think it is likely you would feel i am not town here
There's like pages ans pages ans pages of content around the callers. It doesnt sound like we're ever going yo know their alignment definitively, so what are we going to get by discussing their alignment? Like even if scum interacts weirdly arounf the scum one, how are we ever going to know which is the scum one?

Like even if we identify the scum one .... so what? What do we do with that info that is better or different than just finding scum in the main game. And scum are incentivized to talk about that because its easier to fake scumhunt around people they cant flip. I imaine scum would rather talk about the the callers than real people in the game

Tje The whole thing seems to me like a way for tweetie ti have her friends to play a 'lite' game of forum mafia (which is a great idea!) but i dont get how it helps me, as town, solve the game

And yes you asked them both to read the callers but if i'm town and rep in with three days to deadline, i wajt to get some sort of handle on the main game to figure out who to flip, even just be reading an iso or the development of the leading wagon
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1681, rousseau wrote:
In post 1673, skitter30 wrote:Dislike the focus on the callers, i think they're a distraction and that it's easier for scum to talk abt them than the actual players in the game
both enchant and something smart focused on the callers upon replacing in because i asked them to,

also they both replace in, say not going to read whole game, and we know that if mafia one of the things they know about the game is which caller is the mafia caller, so i really do not understand how that's like, a bad thing for them to talk about? even if you think the callers are a distraction (though something smart did not really talk about, like, the alignments of the callers or anything that would be helpful towards knowing if informed, so, hm)

also also i kinda feel like there is a narrative to you/drippinggoofball saying this because i am partially focused on the callers and we previously discussed and i really do not think it is likely you would feel i am not town here
In post 1674, skitter30 wrote:Ok. I'm not sure that all of those examples imply that those people were planning on voting there tho
they all imply the willingness or consideration of voting there, like as soon as you unvoted my first thought was, hm, probably going to end up on enchant, and if ydrasse is town and something smart is mafia the mafia would have to think it was quite possible she would vote there due to previous statements about roden, and pooky had just unvoted roden at my request, and ssbm kyouko seemed to be pressuring infinity to vote roden, and yet noone tried to provide another option unless you think that's what galron was doing? and outside of tetrina when questioned, everyone just kinda sure why not about wagon, even while kinda hardpushing it in the case of ssbm kyouko, right? so what was mafia doing if something smart is mafia? and if you think mafia not doing anything because inactive, then enchant has to be most likely partner? but when wagon is on enchant there's opposition, none of which really seems to come from a place of 'enchant is likely town to me'

like drippinggoofball was on house wagon after i sort of paused it due to wanting more time, kyouko voted drippinggoofball, tetrina and drippinggoofball then crossvoted (both leaving the house wagon), then a bit later kyouko unvoted while talking about galron, but was actually unvoting drippinggoofball as galron pointed out, then kyouko started roden wagon everyone was sure why not about, with like 'gamma right about active posters being towny' thrown in there somewhere, despite her presentation of the votes on house as a negative thing/being the first vote onto multiple non-house players at time of wagon

and you said you thought house's exit was towny before revising to nai, and now that enchant feels clueless in a 'not having a scum pt' way? and both of these seem kinda ... to me

(but also i do know that you strongly advocate against wagons you disagree with as town, so)

and like, i would not be thrilled about enchant wagon in a vacuum like my thought from their play isn't like, 'this is definitely mafia' or anything

but it feels so much more like a wagon on a scums to me
I'm quoting this to respond to when i get home later ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1706, Something_Smart wrote:Oh wow that slot really do be having no content.
Does that make them scum? If so, ehy?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1713, Something_Smart wrote:
Can you respond to ?

Like yeah I can see that if someone consistently focuses on the callers and avoids the players that can be scummy. But I was specifically directed to look at them, and they're a special mechanic of the game, so why wouldn't I try to understand them?
I think 1714 largely addresses that point, but lmk if i missed something

I owe a few things ro a few people, i'll be getting home this evening and will be able to answer more thorougjlh then
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:56 am

In post 1716, skitter30 wrote:Does that make them scum? If so, ehy?
No? Why would it?

I was just hoping to get some kind of read on them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:58 am

In post 1717, skitter30 wrote:I think 1714 largely addresses that point, but lmk if i missed something
talks about trying to read the callers, and I'm in agreement with you that that's a bad idea. It doesn't cover trying to understand the mechanic as a new replacement, which is why I think it's really weird that you're lumping me in with the other people who were trying to sort them. (More than just lumping me in, you actually called me out for it!)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:00 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1718, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1716, skitter30 wrote:Does that make them scum? If so, ehy?
No? Why would it?

I was just hoping to get some kind of read on them.
Ok it read to me like you were building up to pushing them for lack of content, but i wasnf sure, so i asked
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1719, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1717, skitter30 wrote:I think 1714 largely addresses that point, but lmk if i missed something
talks about trying to read the callers, and I'm in agreement with you that that's a bad idea. It doesn't cover trying to understand the mechanic as a new replacement, which is why I think it's really weird that you're lumping me in with the other people who were trying to sort them. (More than just lumping me in, you actually called me out for it!)
My point is not inherently 'new replacements shouldnt be trying to understand the mechanics' but morw that talking abt the callers (sorting, mechanics, etc) over people on this game seema scummy to me. In my mind i'm not really making a big distinction between sorting and mechanics, in my mind they all fall under the same category of 'talking abt callers and not people in this game'
Show
Hiatus once more.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:04 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

in my experience when there's 2 leading wagons and neither of the 2 have any solid/real read on the other wagon its probly just S/S
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:06 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 1715, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1681, rousseau wrote: as soon as you unvoted my first thought was, hm, probably going to end up on enchant
I'm quoting this to respond to when i get home later ^
this part means to say ‘roden’
Show

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Ydrasse »

s_s replaces into scum slots without fail its s_s