Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 444, implosion wrote:I'm somewhat offput by goats's arc on GL at this point; in particular 351 is extremely out-for-blood in a world where quite a few people (me, datisi, infinity) that were not on goats's scumdar (in fact, this is exactly the list that they used to reinforce their point in 309) were starting to flip on GL. It's a little odd to me that, while they are trying to convince us that GL is still scum, they're not really acknowledging that there is real reason to have divested from GL suspicion. I'm not saying they themselves need to but the "I want to see who's on counterwagons" line is a bit strong. Even if it is like somewhat sardonic based on the 2nd line of the post.
^^this is goodposting

it's tough because there definitely exist some town players who will decide that their Scumread is Right and then aggressively push it to force the issue. I would guess goats plays like this as either alignment to a degree (if they're doing it as scum it's because they think they'd do it as town) - but the longer their scumread on me feels sticky the less I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Like I really don't get a sense that they've ever honestly tried to reassess or re-evaluate on me
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 547, goats wrote:but pooky also said bugspray wasn't scum for much the same reasons i did

and you just said that I was scum for trying to derail the bugspray wagon :mrgreen:
But Pooky is a bear and you're a gun :(
I prefer they, thanks :)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im not saying i think bugspray is town

i have no idea what bugspray's alignment is tbh

I just find it weird af everyone is like all gungho for elimming bugspray when they haven't done anything.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 484, MURDERCAT wrote:Flea votes implosion in 59 as faer’s first post of the game, which does strike me as a bit odd.
I'm kind of two minds on this, I don't mind naked votes early game as I think you can often get Informative Content from the way people react to them, but with a hindsight townread on implosion it's certainly possible scum!Flea wanted to nudge an early miselim wagon along while skating by needing to give reasoning or commit to a degree of confidence. The bigger issue standing out to me is that Flea unvoted later and hasn't voted elsewhere since, even in spite of vocalizing a scumread on me while my wagon had momentum.

I don't like that you're dancing around a definitive read on Flea with your posts here, you had fae as town in for , what's your past experience with Flea and how confident are you that fae doesn't post that as scum?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 511, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 505, MURDERCAT wrote:Because by that point I had already determined both implo and datisi were town and you should have too
like is nobody going to call this out?

Murdercat is scumreading me for not having implo at "town" when I dropped my readslist at

instead of townreading him off his interaction with me at approximately 30 minutes later.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A REAL READ TO ANYONE HERE?!?!?!?

CAN ANYONE WITH A STRAIGHT FACE TELL ME THAT MURDERCAT!TOWN HAS THAT ACTUAL THOUGHT IN HIS HEAD???
I do vibe with this and it makes feel good about Pooky, I definitely didn't have implosion as town by and I don't think it's reasonable to say we should have

I could understand it with Datisi but definitely not with implo, and doubly so because it was Pooky that baited implo between those posts into a readable reaction to begin with

that reminds me - Pooky did you ever post Flea games? I have no experience with Flea and I'm curious about these meta reads being tossed around because I'm finding Flea consistently scummy but I have no sense of faer normal playstyle
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I wish I could swap implosion with Not_Mafia in my two D1 locktowns lol, and some definite catch-up mindmeld
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think Dwlee is still overall pretty probtown in spite of the looney tunes logic of though, he's passing the vibe check
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh not mafia is in the game.
I prefer they, thanks :)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think overall MC's spur of activity doesn't move the needle for me, I don't think it's outside of a good player's scumrange, and he's noticeably avoidant giving strong reads on some of the more peripheral but important slots like Flea and bugspray whereas his two more definitive scumreads (Dwlee/Pooky) feel convenient in that neither is a serious wagon but neither are popular townreads either. I can buy the suspicion on Dwlee but I don't think his reasoning for suspecting Pooky tracks especially given how much of it hedges on effectively "his reads in are bad", and early game reads are often trash for most people, you're forcing content out of no information.

I don't really buy Infinity's suggestion that this is outside of MC's scumrange unless she has a ton of experience to back that up? has he never produced a half decent effort post as scum?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

i've seen him get into this scenario multiple times as scum and both times what he came up with was way more weaksauce and fake-sounding
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by goats »

why would I reassess on you GL? have you done anything worth reassessing? have you voted out scum or shown me how you're out of your scum range?

until then all you've done is write long wordy posts that sound v reasonable and nice to get people to townread you and thrown about some easily faked frustration here and there and suddenly the whole game is eating out of your hand when they agreed you were scummy af before. i don't buy it.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by goats »

for legal reasons "af" is an abbreviation for "as fish". just so y'all know
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't see anything super notable in the movement from MC->bugspray I think it's mostly townies getting antsy with a slow wagon as soon as MC put in some effort. goats calling this out in / feels maybe townish? although I disagree that MC was acting significantly townier

overall I still like a towncore of Datisi, Infinity, Gamma, implosion, Dwlee, and I'll add Pooky there too as of his latest content. I wouldn't complain if bugspray went through, it's just an empty ISO, but I think anyone acting like it's good odds of scum is optimistic and I think if anything their lack of survivalism makes it a worse wagon than MC. Flea/Klick/goats is good odds of at least one scum in it I feel, and N_M disappearing makes me want to put him in that tier too

Infinity - I appreciate the links to those games, I'm about to call it a night but I think I should have a slower work day tomorrow and I'll try to read through them. I feel I've been in catchup mode too much since Friday, I'll make an effort to be more consistently around for Real Time Interactions tomorrow
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by goats »

i think dwlee immediately seeing me as scum trying to derail the bugspray wagon but then being apathetic towards pooky having a similar line of thought is suggestive that they have a specific agenda and only care about those reasons when it's convenient to push that agenda

i would like a wagon that isn't bugspray or murdercat and if you guys don't want to do GL I think dwlee is a good alternative
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 561, goats wrote:why would I reassess on you GL? have you done anything worth reassessing? have you voted out scum or shown me how you're out of your scum range?
I'll unpause the goats mute to respond to this - I feel I already tried to show you one example of how I'm not playing how I like to play as scum and you didn't try to meet me there at all. I would hope my reads/thoughts should get me to clearly town status the longer I'm in this game, I'm already battling for top 3 in postcount that's another thing I can't do as scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 564, goats wrote:i think dwlee immediately seeing me as scum trying to derail the bugspray wagon but then being apathetic towards pooky having a similar line of thought is suggestive that they have a specific agenda and only care about those reasons when it's convenient to push that agenda
also this feels like again you're gloss over how there's like, worlds of context whenever two people make similar-at-a-surface-level arguments, and that context will affect how someone looks at one player vs another. The "we both made the same argument so either you consider us both scum or you're scum" reasoning isn't doing it for me, sorry
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok I lied about calling it a night earlier and I took a quick peek at both of these posts and I agree they're definitely a lot worse than what he posted here, and fairly recently as well too. I want to try to dig through a more complete look at his scumgames to see what his best effort looks like but I'll sleep on this as I agree these feel far more half-baked than

I'll UNVOTE:
for now and decide what I'm feeling tomorrow when I come back
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by goats »

In post 566, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 564, goats wrote:i think dwlee immediately seeing me as scum trying to derail the bugspray wagon but then being apathetic towards pooky having a similar line of thought is suggestive that they have a specific agenda and only care about those reasons when it's convenient to push that agenda
also this feels like again you're gloss over how there's like, worlds of context whenever two people make similar-at-a-surface-level arguments, and that context will affect how someone looks at one player vs another. The "we both made the same argument so either you consider us both scum or you're scum" reasoning isn't doing it for me, sorry
it's almost like I asked him what the difference is and he 100% dodged the question
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by goats »

In post 565, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 561, goats wrote:why would I reassess on you GL? have you done anything worth reassessing? have you voted out scum or shown me how you're out of your scum range?
I'll unpause the goats mute to respond to this - I feel I already tried to show you one example of how I'm not playing how I like to play as scum and you didn't try to meet me there at all. I would hope my reads/thoughts should get me to clearly town status the longer I'm in this game, I'm already battling for top 3 in postcount that's another thing I can't do as scum
that's a lot of unsupported assertions
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

:roll: not surprised by that response, going back to Not Trying To Defend Myself

I'll give you that Dwlee did dodge your question about it, that's fair. I don't think that makes him scummy but I guess isn't a good point against you

anyway this my last post tonight for real this time, see y'all tomorrow
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by implosion »

until then all you've done is write long wordy posts that sound v reasonable and nice to get people to townread you and thrown about some easily faked frustration here and there and suddenly the whole game is eating out of your hand when they agreed you were scummy af before. i don't buy it.
This post is not how town with a continued scumread acts.

Town here will talk to other people to convince them of gl being scum. Town has no reason to explain to gl why they’re not reassessing him.

Scum will talk to gl because it performs confidence in the scumread.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by goats »

In post 571, implosion wrote:

This post is not how town with a continued scumread acts.

Town here will talk to other people to convince them of gl being scum. Town has no reason to explain to gl why they’re not reassessing him.

Scum will talk to gl because it performs confidence in the scumread.
yeah you're right that post was directed at GL. it was him I wanted to convince. when I said "all you've done is write long wordy posts that sound reasonable but aren't actually townie", and that there's no good reason to clear him, what I actually wanted to do was communicate that to him so he can improve his scum game for the future, rather than highlighting it to the rest of the game.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:22 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 524, implosion wrote:I do think this is strange because I don't have history playing with you, and certainly not with you and Pooky at the same time. Why should Pooky-specifically have been able to read me-specifically (and Datisi I guess but more interested in me) at that point in the game?
I don't really get why I have to defend this further, if someone in the game is trying to elim me and two of my town reads I'm going to be suspicious that they are scum trying to eliminate town.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:25 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 544, implosion wrote:I'm very interested in the juxtaposition of Infinity "this is very obviously MC's town meta" 324 and PookyThe "this is very obviously not MC's town meta" MagicalBear.
Could it be ... one is scum?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord

Return to “Completed Open Games”