Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

uranus, do you have any guesses as to who might be town or scum?
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Uranus »

In post 119, kennyk wrote:You thought a five page game claimed by Save The Dragons was unlikely. That's why I mentioned the game.

But as you are in a writing mood (or so it seems): What's your opinion on this game so far, Uranus?
eh, rn it feels like we are trying to get the best lead we can possibly can a bit too early. especially with a day 1 start instead of night, but it's prolly just me

As for who I think may be mafia, I'm not too sure but rn I think kenny and cow are fine while I'm a little bit suspicious of cat (probably bias reasons) but thats really it. Forum mafia is a little harder to track than discord lol
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:32 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Vote Count 1-4
Save The Dragons
:
floo
: Radical Rat, kennyk
Entellian
:
kennyk
: floo, Salsabil Faria
Uranus
: catboi,
cowsloveSushirolls
:Entellian
Salsabil Faria
: Save The Dragons,
Radical Rat
:
catboi
: cowsloveSushirolls

Not Voting
(9): Uranus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: August 25th, 2021

Countdown: (expired on 2021-08-23 20:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Salsabil Faria is on V/LA till 19th August 2021
- :]
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Uranus »

why I am listed as "not voting"
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Uranus »

Actually hold on does putting your vote in bold count as a vote?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

you need to write "vote: X" in bold, or use the vote tag

Code: Select all

[v]X[/v]
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Uranus »

vote:catboi
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Radical Rat »

We do have material to work with now though. While it is true that we don't have any flips or PR results, we do have enough people making serious enough posts that you probably have some kind of feelings about things.

Daystart can be a bit odd if you're used to nightstart, so I totally get your hesitation, but don't be afraid to push on things that seem off, even if it's not super strong yet. Aside from catboi, has anything stood out to you?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Uranus »

well I'm getting a medium townread on kenny, light townread on you and cow, currently unsure about STD or Salsa, the only negative reads I have rn are on catboi for what I said above and floo for the reasons kenny stated and him changing his playstyle wouldn't fit if he were a town. Entellion has done not a whole lot so I'm not sure on them.
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:42 am

Post by cowsloveSushirolls »

In post 122, kennyk wrote:@all other players: No, I didn't ask for a prodding because I miss my fellow mafia player. And no, this was no confession of being mafia. I would never confess that. Or maybe i would in some crazy setup or as part of a really crazy plan in some situations.
feels like an odd reaction. i didn't feel this way over you explciitly telling me not to put floo at E-2, despite you scumreading them. wouldn't that be more partnery, despite you voting them because you think they're mafia?

basically what i want to ask is: why are you so concerned about your self-image here and not when talking about floo?
selling fuit gummy at an affordable price
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:37 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 134, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 122, kennyk wrote:@all other players: No, I didn't ask for a prodding because I miss my fellow mafia player. And no, this was no confession of being mafia. I would never confess that. Or maybe i would in some crazy setup or as part of a really crazy plan in some situations.
feels like an odd reaction. i didn't feel this way over you explciitly telling me not to put floo at E-2, despite you scumreading them. wouldn't that be more partnery, despite you voting them because you think they're mafia?

basically what i want to ask is: why are you so concerned about your self-image here and not when talking about floo?
I just told you not to E-2 him because of the reasons you were giving. If you totally agreed with mine or had other good reasons: fine with me. Jump on the wagon. But I don't like to see townies get on bandwagons (not talking about random votes) more or less for no real reason even if it is going with what I believe is good. I could be wrong with my thought process. So getting someone close to a kill with me being wrong and others having no real sus is not what I wanna see in a mafia game.

And with this thought process it really didn't come to my mind that me getting you not to vote on floo for the reasons given would look partnery. On the other hand I was internally debating if I even should ask for the prod or not because it would look like a link between Entellian and me. I even thought about PMing the prod request to our beloved :lol: mod to not getting unwanted attention in this matter.

Honestly I wrote the @all-part just to answer a few questions that I saw coming my way anyway after the first part of that post.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Radical Rat »

VOTE: kennyk

RIP my townread on you.
I'm glad cows pushed you on the @all thing, I ignored it thinking it was just a poorly executed joke. But if it was meant as a response to expected suspicion... That feels more like scum paranoia than town paranoia.

I believe this is E-2.

cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:37 am

In post 135, kennyk wrote:
I just told you not to E-2 him because of the reasons you were giving. If you totally agreed with mine or had other good reasons: fine with me. Jump on the wagon. But I don't like to see townies get on bandwagons (not talking about random votes) more or less for no real reason even if it is going with what I believe is good. I could be wrong with my thought process. So getting someone close to a kill with me being wrong and others having no real sus is not what I wanna see in a mafia game.

And with this thought process it really didn't come to my mind that me getting you not to vote on floo for the reasons given would look partnery. On the other hand I was internally debating if I even should ask for the prod or not because it would look like a link between Entellian and me. I even thought about PMing the prod request to our beloved :lol: mod to not getting unwanted attention in this matter.

Honestly I wrote the @all-part just to answer a few questions that I saw coming my way anyway after the first part of that post.
i'm pretty satisfied with this explanation, thanks
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Uranus »

before I think further on the kenny situation, what does E-2 mean?
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:38 am

In post 138, Uranus wrote:before I think further on the kenny situation, what does E-2 mean?
two votes before eliminaton
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 138, Uranus wrote:before I think further on the kenny situation, what does E-2 mean?
Elimination -2
If two more people vote for him, he gets eliminated.

Generally considered good form to announce E-2 and E-1, so that no one accidentally hammers early.

cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:41 am

In post 139, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
two votes before eliminaton
elimination* sorry
In post 137, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:i'm pretty satisfied with this explanation, thanks
to elaborate on this: i was hoping for an answer that was something along the lines of "your vote doesn't help town", and i got just that, along with a pretty reasonable train of thought behind it
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Uranus »

I see, thanks

As for kenny, I see why he might be suspicious, but I'd wait for him to give a further defense and we can base our final thoughts on that, we dont want to rush votes lol
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:38 pm

In post 142, Uranus wrote:I see, thanks

As for kenny, I see why he might be suspicious, but I'd wait for him to give a further defense and we can base our final thoughts on that, we dont want to rush votes lol
this is a pretty low-activity game for some reason. i think that if you're able to poke around elsewhere and wait for multiple people at a time then it'd feel way less sluggish. i think votes will get rushed if the game progresses at this pace
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by kennyk »

Yes, it was paranoia, that made me write what I did. And I even had a few things I didn't write because of said paranoia. So if you want further defence I will now lay down the left out thoughts.

From a general point of view there are (as I see it) four different setups regarding the connection between Entellian and me that matter concerning my prod demand (btw. the prodding didn't happen yet).:
1. We are both mafia.
2. We are both mason.
3. I am mafia, he is not.
4. I am town but not co-mason to him.

To 1.: I would definitely have PMed the mod about the prod. No one else seems to miss Entellian so why should I point it out in public and draw a connection between us. Yes this argument could be turned into the opposit: Because I knew I could always claim this, I did make it public to look town.
To 2.: This scenario is an even more PM one. Not only would a public prod post make the other townies sus of Entellian and me being scum. It might even get mafia to think, that we might be masons and therefor a viable nightkill.
To 3.: A setup in which public posting might be an option. It might look townish to be concerned about another potential towny not posting. On the other hand it can easily backfire.
To 4.: I definitely don't know what role Entellian has in this scenario. As in setup 3 it might look townish or scummy depending on what the others believe.

But having been accused of being too solvy made me dismiss the idea of writing this whole thing in my prod post. And please take into account that I only wrote a short version to each setup. the branches that are possible in most of them are going wide.
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Post by Uranus »

We can't really prove if you pm'd about the prod to the mod, more now that he hasn't gotten one. As for my thoughts on Entellian, I think he is probably just inactive, what would be worrying is that if he is ignoring this game altogether and posting elsewhere.

Final thoughts: I think you might be trying to confuse town with setting up multiple options, keep in mind route b doesn't even have masons so 2 of these setups would be invalid. I also think you are in a situation to pre 2077 catboi with the walls of text attemptiing to protect yourself but that last one might be too far. My townread has definetley gone down on you kenny and is a more viable lynch than catboi imo

unvote: catboi

vote:kennyk
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:27 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 145, Uranus wrote:We can't really prove if you pm'd about the prod to the mod, more now that he hasn't gotten one. As for my thoughts on Entellian, I think he is probably just inactive, what would be worrying is that if he is ignoring this game altogether and posting elsewhere.
I never said I PMed the mod because I didn't. And your argument is just the same as mine for scenario 1 and 2. If the mod prodded Entellian without my post nobody would know if he did it because he saw Entellian was missing or because somebody PMed him about it. That's why I would have done that if... (see my last post)

My thoughts on entellian are the same as yours. I saw him not posting in this game and wanted to get him active or exchanged.

And yes, I know that only two out of three game setups use masons as a potential town role. All in all masons have a 2 out of 9 chance. But I had that base covered and so I wrote about it. And just to answer unasked questions again: I know that mafia knows if the two mason-setups are possible because of their roles. But I am none of them.
Uranus
Uranus
Townie
Uranus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 pm

Post by Uranus »

In post 146, kennyk wrote:
In post 145, Uranus wrote:We can't really prove if you pm'd about the prod to the mod, more now that he hasn't gotten one. As for my thoughts on Entellian, I think he is probably just inactive, what would be worrying is that if he is ignoring this game altogether and posting elsewhere.
I never said I PMed the mod because I didn't. And your argument is just the same as mine for scenario 1 and 2. If the mod prodded Entellian without my post nobody would know if he did it because he saw Entellian was missing or because somebody PMed him about it. That's why I would have done that if... (see my last post)

My thoughts on entellian are the same as yours. I saw him not posting in this game and wanted to get him active or exchanged.

And yes, I know that only two out of three game setups use masons as a potential town role. All in all masons have a 2 out of 9 chance. But I had that base covered and so I wrote about it. And just to answer unasked questions again: I know that mafia knows if the two mason-setups are possible because of their roles. But I am none of them.
In that last one would you have wanted to cover all bases so that you dieing wouldn't confirm a specific setup?
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 147, Uranus wrote: In that last one would you have wanted to cover all bases so that you dieing wouldn't confirm a specific setup?
I can asure you (although you won't belive me) that my death won't reveal anything about the setup as I am a vanilla townie.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:21 pm

Post by kennyk »

One last thing before I get hammered (as I am quite sure this will be reason enough for someone to vote me). In case of my untimely death I would like my fellow townies to not only look at those who voted me but also at those who didn't vote me. I know it sounds like revenge and therefor I didn't wriite it directly after it occured to me. But cowsloveSushirolls kind of started the final bandwagon on me without even voting me. Could be he really was satisfied with my answer or he just wanted to be able to say 'What do you want? I didn't vote an innocent.' afterwards.

And now I am waiting for the Queen song 'Hammer to fall'.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”