Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Sorry about the delay. This will open tomorrow.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Almost as soon as you emerge from the tavern, you find that Lawrencelot and LandLord are gone from your midst. Litral is puking in the corner, and clearly won't be doing anything else today.

That means there are 7 of you with the ability to vote today. You have 5 days in order to reach a consensus.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:57 am

Post by TonyMontana »

I take it the vote count has been reset then?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, suppose in theory the item I had was able to vig someone. Would anyone oppose to me smashing Patrick over the head? Or is there any other request for me to kill?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TonyMontana wrote:I take it the vote count has been reset then?
Yes.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Patrick »

forbiddanlight wrote:So, suppose in theory the item I had was able to vig someone. Would anyone oppose to me smashing Patrick over the head? Or is there any other request for me to kill?
What changed between this and your last comment on me?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:27 am

Post by TonyMontana »

forbiddanlight wrote:So, suppose in theory the item I had was able to vig someone. Would anyone oppose to me smashing Patrick over the head? Or is there any other request for me to kill?
Que?
Are you saying you *do* have vig ability?
Upcoming
Mini
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I do have a vig ability. And what changed is me using it on you wouldn't waste a lynch, Patrick.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Let me rephrase that. I strongly believe what I can do is a vig ability. I can smash someone on the head with my empty glass. Assumably that's deadly.
-StrangerCoug

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:06 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Well, I don't think it would be.
But anyway, it's awesome that the seemingly pointless empty glass turned out to give an ability. -.-

I'm interested in hearing what the shotgun did for farside.

I'm still glad I had a beer. I ♥ beer.
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:07 am

Post by TonyMontana »

EBWOP: But let's assume that it is deadly, i.e. don't be using it on someone you wouldn't mind being dead.
Upcoming
Mini
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Which is exactly why I'm asking the town who I should smack. Or if I should just smack Patrick and get rid of the WIFOM, since I still feels the odds are him being scum. And this way we don't waste a lynch on him.
-StrangerCoug

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

forbiddanlight wrote:Which is exactly why I'm asking the town who I should smack. Or if I should just smack Patrick and get rid of the WIFOM, since I still feels the odds are him being scum. And this way we don't waste a lynch on him.
I would rather you use your own judgement. I thought you didn't think Patrick was scum anymore.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:57 am

Post by farside22 »

TonyMontana wrote:Well, I don't think it would be.
But anyway, it's awesome that the seemingly pointless empty glass turned out to give an ability. -.-

I'm interested in hearing what the shotgun did for farside.

I'm still glad I had a beer. I ♥ beer.
What did the beer do?
I have a shot gun but no ammunition. It's the equivalent of a big stick with nothing.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I drank my wine, it wasn't a choice. I was just told I drank it. It did nothing.

Shouldn't mafiassk be dead?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

elvis_knits wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Which is exactly why I'm asking the town who I should smack. Or if I should just smack Patrick and get rid of the WIFOM, since I still feels the odds are him being scum. And this way we don't waste a lynch on him.
I would rather you use your own judgement. I thought you didn't think Patrick was scum anymore.
Nope. I was with the team that said Patrick is likely scum, but he can't kill because he gives himself away. But, since a vig lets us keep our lynch (I assume it's a vig?), I'm willing to spend it on patrick. Resolves potential endgame problems

So wait, my empty glass was the deadliest thing around? SCORE!

Since I can understand having me use my own judgement...(less scum influence)

Smash glass on the back of Patrick's head
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That is odd. Why would SSK lie about that though? Jester?
-StrangerCoug

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Patrick »

Well, if that's it for me, then you have my thoughts out there. Still recommend getting forbiddanlight to put some real content out there; don't let her continue to leech off of farside. The argument she used to vig me didn't make a whole lot of sense either: a directed dayvigging is effectively the same as lynching, so I don't see how "we won't have to waste a lynch on him" fits in.

My other suspects remain as stated, not sure on the order. If Lawrencelot is unable to actually post for today then I'd hesitate to lynch him and maybe go for another candidate. Fonz and SSK need to post a wider range of opinions too; Fonz defending me might be a point in his favour but I wouldn't hang my hat on it.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, if that's it for me, then you have my thoughts out there. Still recommend getting forbiddanlight to put some real content out there; don't let her continue to leech off of farside. The argument she used to vig me didn't make a whole lot of sense either: a directed dayvigging is effectively the same as lynching, so I don't see how "we won't have to waste a lynch on him" fits in.
Easy. Rather than having one town directed kill, we would get two. It's still a lynch, but also at the discretion at one person if need be.

Essentially by vigging you, it's still day, and we've resolved some WIFOM that becomes increasingly dangerous as end game approaches. To be honest, I don't think we could have kept you alive much longer. Too much risk. Even if you can't kill, if you are a mafia body, you still win given the right conditions which could all too easily occur. Especially say a lylo without your theoretical kill, but with your kill causes a lost game anyway.

My other suspects remain as stated, not sure on the order. If Lawrencelot is unable to actually post for today then I'd hesitate to lynch him and maybe go for another candidate. Fonz and SSK need to post a wider range of opinions too; Fonz defending me might be a point in his favour but I wouldn't hang my hat on it.
We'll see what we think when you flip. But I would like to say I agree that I need to post more actual content. I'm trying to figure out who else is scum if anyone right now.

I'm still iffy on if I should have waited for more opinions, but after reading e_k's post I thought about the fact that a split town HANDS my vig to the scum lowering the chance of successful scum vig. In the end it's right to give in to my impulse in this instance.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, Patrick's reaction doesn't confirm him. I messed up. I should have been 100% certain it was a vig and see if he played his hand early. If he lives, be continually wary.
-StrangerCoug

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Patrick »

I'm not sure why the risk of keeping me alive would increase the longer I'm around - if I was scum in a group then you'd essentially be depriving my group of it's nightkill (or it would kill and I'd be killed the next day).

The other argument about the vig choice not being scum influenced if you alone choose it is double edged, even if we assume you're town. A group decision could be manipulated by scum, but also gives more to analyse in a way kind of like how a regular lynch would. You can look for who supported a town or scum vigging and try to determine their alignments etc.

*Shrug* there's arguments on both sides of it, so it's not a terrible choice, but I find it interesting that you didn't really wait for opinions apart from elvis.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That was weird for me. Anxiousness. I can show you my...eagerness to shoot at the slightest approval in other games I think. But one's ongoing on another site.

As for depriving your group of a scumkill, does that matter as long as you stay alive to suddenly screw us in endgame?
-StrangerCoug

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Patrick »

forbiddalight wrote:As for depriving your group of a scumkill, does that matter as long as you stay alive to suddenly screw us in endgame?
It's a strategic point. If I was part of a scumgroup, then it would be less dangerous than normal scum because of the need to hold back the kill each night (or kill and give up on me). Not completely harmless, sure, but less of a threat than usual. You talk about endgame as though it's just round the corner; speaking to BM, I think there'll be at least one more batch of players arriving.

Your decision to vig immediately bothers me less than the way you've been coasting and sheeping through the game, but it still seemed rather sudden.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's one of the problems with my play style. I change directions constantly and trip myself when I do this. I tend to get lynched because of this..hyperactive reasoning? I guess is what it can be called. Like, right now, I've probably had three different reasons for vigging you and listening to e_k. They may or may not be exclusive. Either way, it comes out as panic to most people.

And no, endgame
probably[/ii] isn't around the corner. But there's still the possibility that worries me. Personally, I think vigging you was the best way to resolve the issue about that kill. It will also give us data about how much and what direction your stances were going for.
-StrangerCoug

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Patrick »

Scratch the bit about another batch likely arriving, as BM was vaguer than I remembered about this. It's possible 22 is our max (or 23 if we count the Landlord as a player).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”