They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

lol mcat getting killed d1
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2892, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2890, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2884, Lukewarm wrote:I believe that no one has claimed a role that would have gun that has not been verified yet at this point (although we still need a NM claim)

Chaos has claimed to have found the single mafia with a gun, and has verified the only town role that would have a gun, his role is now functionally useless. If he is town, then he cannot give us any info on any other slot in the game.

So, I feel like balance wise, it would not actually be all that strong as you seem to think math. He can gets results on 2 out of 13 players, and even both of those give slightly inconclusive results.
All "no gun results" are in conclusive, because 2 scum does not have a gun. So a "no gun" basically means nothing.

the 2 "have a gun" result are also inconclusive, because one is town and 1 is scum.

The fact that he managed to find both players in 3 days is actually pretty impressive if true, and I feel like if you run models (which you said you did, ngl, I am not taking the time to do so), most games this ability would actually be pretty useless, or possibly even detrimental if he finds the role cop first.
Cool again assume all town

Chaos checks Gamma votes Gamma. Gamma claims rolecop who checked Umlaut no result. Titus backs up Gamma. You get three conf town

Assume Titus doesn’t block Umlaut lock scum Gamma outs it.

Assume Gamma checks town.

Gamma outs the vanilla ans the vanilla is locktown

No matter how you slice it you get confirms.
Again, you are targeting the skills in a way that is useful.

Imagine chaos targeted anyone with no gun. He has no information from that result

Imagine titus targeted someone, and the kill went through. Did she target scum, and because it is loyal nothing happened? did she target town, but not the target of the night kill? who knows?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

the only real difference is the town checker didn't understand her role was investigative in nature and the town didn't know they were up against scum ascetics and the scum also didn't know who their traitor was and the town got an extra delayed IC and some neighbors who had a fun time feuding with each other.

I don't think this setup is so incredibly unbalanced that the mafia can't possibly win.

Let's try to win the game first before we criticize Mastina about how balanced or unbalanced the setup is.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

seeing who was on that scumteam vs who was on the town team its no surprise scum could steamroll that tbh
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2899, MathBlade wrote:Quick skim of that setup doesn’t have the same problems.
because?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Titus »

Do scum have multitasking here?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

its not in the game notes so no
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

math/datisi is a spicy team read i have rn :3

i refuse to let go of my townread on NM because it means ceding i have finally lost my 100% read rate on him
retired
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Titus »

I want to vote Chaos here, as I think the team is Chaos and Koba here.

Gamma and Koba is a near zero chance.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2904, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2899, MathBlade wrote:Quick skim of that setup doesn’t have the same problems.
because?
Because no forced innos.

Assume Chaos checks a VT no gun. Gamma checks a VT (other than Chaos). Titus blocks a random Townie not killed.

You get an inno there.

Then the other VT is inno’d until we get to same point and this setup is suggested. Gamma either checks them or they come into the PoE again but by then Gamma becomes alignment cop and has checked others thus narrowing the PoE.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2907, DkKoba wrote:math/datisi is a spicy team read i have rn :3

i refuse to let go of my townread on NM because it means ceding i have finally lost my 100% read rate on him
That's impossible.

I jailkept Datisi n2 with no nk. I'm loyal. Unless you think scum no showed multiple nights in a row, that dog don't hunt. A Datisi/Math team doesn't do that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Gamma and VT inno = 2 confirmed town.

You cannot escape N1 without two confirmed town with the setup proposed. It’s literally impossible.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I am actually surprised that our investigative was not a pt cop. Given the setup info, that is what I was expecting.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2909, MathBlade wrote:
because?
Because no forced innos.

Assume Chaos checks a VT no gun. Gamma checks a VT (other than Chaos). Titus blocks a random Townie not killed.

You get an inno there.

Then the other VT is inno’d until we get to same point and this setup is suggested. Gamma either checks them or they come into the PoE again but by then Gamma becomes alignment cop and has checked others thus narrowing the PoE.

How is that different from the Checker checking a VT and the Neapo checking another VT and the Loyal JK preventing a kill on N1?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Titus »

I kinda feel like we have to eliminate Math/Not_Mafia but I want to eliminate Chaos.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2910, Titus wrote:
In post 2907, DkKoba wrote:math/datisi is a spicy team read i have rn :3

That's impossible.

I jailkept Datisi n2 with no nk. I'm loyal. Unless you think scum no showed multiple nights in a row, that dog don't hunt. A Datisi/Math team doesn't do that.
ah correct.

ok

well luke/math goes back on the table with an optional ari boxing in :3
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2913, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2909, MathBlade wrote:
because?
Because no forced innos.

You get an inno there.

How is that different from the Checker checking a VT and the Neapo checking another VT and the Loyal JK preventing a kill on N1?
Checker checking a VT isn’t an inno. Checker could be blocked hit an ascetic. (Redirected non normal only)

Here Gamma gets a result of VT. That act of the result + Vt = inno unless mod puts in a goon.

Mod puts in a gun then guilty to gunsmith.

Town also threw by yeeting the Checker.

So again town threw..scum won because town threw proving my point
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2914, Titus wrote:I kinda feel like we have to eliminate Math/Not_Mafia but I want to eliminate Chaos.
vetoed
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: MathBlade

anyways i said there was 1 scum in math/titus/gamma and im standing by that now :3
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Town should have never yeeted the Checker in that game. Either they didn’t give checker time to claim or didn’t think it through as checker is almost never a mafia role
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Prove it. Elim me I flip town then setup is busted I don’t have to post or we lose because good scum fake claim I can’t find.

Win win.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2916, MathBlade wrote:Checker checking a VT isn’t an inno. Checker could be blocked hit an ascetic. (Redirected non normal only)

Here Gamma gets a result of VT. That act of the result + Vt = inno unless mod puts in a goon.

I don't understand your first line, the only thing that could block the Checker in that setup was the Loyal JK...

The Neapo is objectively stronger than either Informed gunsmith who can only find 1 scum and a gated rolecop that we have.

on top of that the scum team is uninformed who their traitor is and the town has an extra Innocent Child (Delayed) to boot.

My point was that such a setup
has
passed review in the past by Mastina and she rejected the contention that it was unbalanced or townsided in the post game so there would be no reason that she would not create a setup that is similar in terms of power balance.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2908, Titus wrote:I want to vote Chaos here, as I think the team is Chaos and Koba here.

Gamma and Koba is a near zero chance.
why am I scum?

With me being near clear - you need to actually scumcase me here.

Your scumread on chaos is laughably terrible based on d2 and as I'm town - your teamread is equally bad to me.

Chaos is gonna resolve at night in most likliehood - you can have fun with that tho.

Dude's claim is even complex enough to where when I normally don't wanna clear people based on mechs, the level of creativity in the claim makes me not wanna bother.

You just want me to be scum here out of ego prob. I shielded Alch after he showed he was town - and you helped push him over.

Sit down and assume I'm town instead of trying to push this shitty world.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2921, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2916, MathBlade wrote:Checker checking a VT isn’t an inno. Checker could be blocked hit an ascetic. (Redirected non normal only)

I don't understand your first line, the only thing that could block the Checker in that setup was the Loyal JK...

The Neapo is objectively stronger than either Informed gunsmith who can only find 1 scum and a gated rolecop that we have.

on top of that the scum team is uninformed who their traitor is and the town has an extra Innocent Child (Delayed) to boot.

My point was that such a setup
has
passed review in the past by Mastina and she rejected the contention that it was unbalanced or townsided in the post game so there would be no reason that she would not create a setup that is similar in terms of power balance.
that sounds like mastina yes
retired
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Aristeia »

my point isn't to litigate if the town played badly in that game or what they should or should not do with their checker.

My point is that this setup is even more townsided than the current claimed setup and reviewed by Mastina and she rejected the claims that it was townsided in the post game so it's well within what could have been passed into existence.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”