Newbie 2076 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Eh, that is probably for the better to keep it silent. A bit of a dilemma involving Roden here to be honest. I know for a good fact now that Roden's TR has scum in it or he is scum. The only way to prove that information is if I get eliminated today or he just believes me which the latter doesn't seem likely to me.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by alstroemerial »

Yeah, that makes sense (re 622). But I’m back from my V/LA and the LQ wagon and flip give us a lot to work with in terms of traditional scumhunting, so we still have stuff to do today without a guilty. I’ve been getting ready to go to bed since Day 2 started but will be diving in tomorrow
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 622, Ythan wrote:
In post 620, alstroemerial wrote:Do you get told if you were targeted?
No but I would know if I had been targeted by a friendly neighbour and the odds that an fn and the scum both didn't act is astronomically small.
Just in case if you're a friendly neighbor and this did happen just target me tonight so I know my first clear is no good.

But I think I'm just salty about not nailing scum last night.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 77, Roden wrote:scum might not be happy starting Day 2.
Told you guys so lol.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 625, StrangeMatter wrote:Eh, that is probably for the better to keep it silent. A bit of a dilemma involving Roden here to be honest. I know for a good fact now that Roden's TR has scum in it or he is scum. The only way to prove that information is if I get eliminated today or he just believes me which the latter doesn't seem likely to me.
I actually don't think it's you anymore due to the NK. Though I'm not sure how you know for a fact my town reads have scum in it? I only have three town reads and one of them is a confirmed townie.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Well, glad I ended up trusting instincts on that one.

VOTE: alstro and it's gg
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 629, Roden wrote:
In post 625, StrangeMatter wrote:Eh, that is probably for the better to keep it silent. A bit of a dilemma involving Roden here to be honest. I know for a good fact now that Roden's TR has scum in it or he is scum. The only way to prove that information is if I get eliminated today or he just believes me which the latter doesn't seem likely to me.
I actually don't think it's you anymore due to the NK. Though I'm not sure how you know for a fact my town reads have scum in it? I only have three town reads and one of them is a confirmed townie.
Then I miscounted or read things incorrectly with this.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Roden »

I actually don't particularly disagree with an Alstro vote. I think the final scum has to be someone who wasn't particularly active. The reason being that last night's failed NK only comes from someone who wasn't paying attention to the conversations everyone had, because targeting the Tracker should've been the obvious wrong answer.

VOTE: Alstro
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Ythan »

I did wonder if they might try as a desperate attempt to make up for losing their PR day one.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 631, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 629, Roden wrote:
Then I miscounted or read things incorrectly with this.
Ah. Yeah my town reads EoD were T3/Clasko/Tracker slot. I had Egix and Alstro as town leans but they're not glued in place, I just didn't have any intention to vote them over you/LQ/Margot on Day 1.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Been saying since mid D1 that the team that made most sense to me was Alstro and LQ. Alstro's reads always seemed hedgey, and they basically never addressed LQ whatsoever except to say they thought they *may* have been behaving scummy during the tunnel
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:29 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: alstro
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:19 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

That is E-1 if I counted this right.

I’m not opposed to an elimination, but with several days left we should use that
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:30 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Nope, I just forgot that it’s a 1v7 not 1v6.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:42 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

That means it’s E-2 from eliminating Alstro.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:57 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 632, Roden wrote:I actually don't particularly disagree with an Alstro vote. I think the final scum has to be someone who wasn't particularly active. The reason being that last night's failed NK only comes from someone who wasn't paying attention to the conversations everyone had, because targeting the Tracker should've been the obvious wrong answer.

Scum could also be willing to gamble on a 50-50 shot that we're in a setup with an FN given that they're in a tight spot. I am curious about Clasko though given that he was prodded and we haven't heard from him since, but since he hasn't been replaced he must have picked up the prod during the night. Either way, there are some circumstances where a player could find that targeting the tracker is the right answer. /shrug
In post 635, MargotRosa wrote:Been saying since mid D1 that the team that made most sense to me was Alstro and LQ. Alstro's reads always seemed hedgey, and they basically never addressed LQ whatsoever except to say they thought they *may* have been behaving scummy during the tunnel
This is a more compelling case against me than the above. My progression on LQ is basically... I was one of the earlier players to cast suspicion in but hedged away from a vote due to the speed of the wagon, which eventually disintegrated before coming back. I confirmed this reason again in and then speculate about a LQ/T3 team in . So, there was some more than the tunnel and was more forceful than the "may" in Margot's post. I missed the final wagon due to V/LA.

The above team speculation seems more pertinent to me now given that T3 was someone who was TRing LQ for awhile up to the hammer. Started out against LQ but flipped after , which I asked for clarification about in but never got an answer to. Was pushing LQ as town hours before hammering in and even hammered while saying the slot is "probably town."

Looking at the two major LQ wagons:
1: Roden, Strange, T3 (before the above stuff), Margot
2: Margot,
Ythan
, Strange, Roden, T3 (with caveat)

So, the second was the same group of folks plus Ythan, who is confirmed town. Clasko, whom I mentioned above, is on neither while T3 is on both. But I find it really hard to imagine scum posting and suggesting their own elimination. So for now I want to VOTE: T3 with the question again: why were you so sure that LQ was town?
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Also I don't mind turbo E-2 but please don't turbo lim me without last words :cry:
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:05 am

Post by T3 »

alstromerial, the defendant is here on one count of attempted murder and one count of belonging to a gang. If found guilty, they will face the death penalty under MafiaScum state law.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:27 am

Post by alstroemerial »

as I'm sworn under oath, I'd never hurt a flyyyyy

wanna answer my question though
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:47 am

Post by T3 »

Because he used ongoing game meta which usually comes from town.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 641, alstroemerial wrote:Also I don't mind turbo E-2 but please don't turbo lim me without last words :cry:
Don't eliminate anyone without my consent I have information.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Roden »

In post 640, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 632, Roden wrote:I actually don't particularly disagree with an Alstro vote. I think the final scum has to be someone who wasn't particularly active. The reason being that last night's failed NK only comes from someone who wasn't paying attention to the conversations everyone had, because targeting the Tracker should've been the obvious wrong answer.

Scum could also be willing to gamble on a 50-50 shot that we're in a setup with an FN given that they're in a tight spot. I am curious about Clasko though given that he was prodded and we haven't heard from him since, but since he hasn't been replaced he must have picked up the prod during the night. Either way, there are some circumstances where a player could find that targeting the tracker is the right answer. /shrug
The only circumstances where scum targets Tracker N1 are when scum don't realize we have a Doctor. And the only way scum doesn't realize that is if they weren't paying attention. This is why Strange is out of my PoE today despite me scum reading them yesterday.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by alstroemerial »

Wasn’t B1 and B3 equally likely from scum’s perspective before last night?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Roden »

I don't know how you expect me to answer that without just repeating myself or exposing the Doctor.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by alstroemerial »

Hmmmm ok I understand, and based on that I'm more comfy with my T3 vote atm

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”